Oct 8 2007, 6:48 pm
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7

Jan 4 2009, 6:41 pm payne Post #121

:payne:

This is a cool piece of terrain.
Very innovative.
Sorry if I do not use it in my map. For now, it's way too blocky :S
And for the diamond shape thing, sorry again, as I've said, I must get the most space as possible :O

None.

Jan 5 2009, 3:28 am T-Virus Post #122

One thing i would like to note is most people are judging your map by your screen shots. My problem with this is none of your screen shots actually show game play, but instead are mostly empty sets of terrain. I have personally never seen a good attempt to bring Diablo one or two to Starcraft, but i wish you the best of luck. I really hope if you do successfully release this map you will make sure you have taken the time to give it a real clean feeling, spending massive amounts of time on game play rather then your terrain. It's good to have a good balance of well-set terrain and good game play keep that in mind. From what I've read you have seem to dedicate some time to the spells and what not, so i am really hoping that this map will not let me down. Once again, I wish you the best of luck.

None.

Jan 5 2009, 9:42 pm payne Post #123

I'm glad to see that us, contestants to the 2009 RPG Contest, can count of people like you, T-Virus, which encourage others' projects ^^
Effectively, I've given away only screenies of my terrain because I have only that done so far.
I started doing a test map, as you know now. I'm using a very cool concept that came from Lethal_Illusion's and Kaias' mind at the very same time (separately xD, funny heh?). I'm calling it Waypoint Cast System (WCS), but meh, that's not official. With this, it's possible to detect where a player wants to cast a spell. It's very useful if you want spells to actually come from the caster and to run to that point. But for instant effect, I'll have to use FRAGs (which I won't) or simply try to adapt that Waypoint system with a Defiler to cast Dark Swarm (which is a great challenge I think).
Anyways... for now, this cast system works and I've tried to implement the MODES of spells (for example: effects only where you casted it once it reaches that point, effects only on the very first unit that gets hits while the projectile is running to that point, auto-aim an enemy within a certain range, does damage to all enemies within a certain range, etc etc etc... I've seen MANY spells type in D2. No worries, I got them all written down). It's not working properly for now, but meh, I also started working on something much more important: changing the amount of damage.
For this, I'm using the Direct Damage System (you know, without vHP with scarabs :P). An older version of my test map has it working perfectly, but it was taking way too much time to afflict the damage so I tryed to make it a bit faster, which screwed it up. I'm trying to reach SelfPossessed to get answers :S

That's it ^^

None.

Feb 15 2009, 11:41 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #124

looks good, ill be posting my diablo 2 act 4 soon, we'll have to compare ;o :bleh:

None.

Mar 3 2009, 4:53 pm payne Post #125

I just had to say that my vHP test map is working and I should now move on to work directly on the triggers of the map, though because I'm a lazy piece of shit, this may take a while ^^

Linky: http://www.staredit.net/topic/6571/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 3 2009, 5:01 pm by payne.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 12:22 am Pyro682 Post #126

If you ever need any help recreating spells from Diablo II, let me know. I can crack out a few for ya.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 1:40 am payne Post #127

What does "crack out" means to you? :O

None.

Mar 6 2009, 3:28 am stickynote Post #128

I believe he means that he can reproduce them in starcraft for you.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 8:03 am payne Post #129

I'll contact you when I'll need you (if ever I do).
Do you know how works inverted locations, waypoint casting system and direct damage? Cause my spells will involve all of those 3 concepts.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 11:24 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #130

from what i know of there are many direct damagining systems but i think one of the more popular ones includes moving a scarab and then blowing it up so fast the person can't see it. mssg me if u'd like to see a concept map of it

None.

Mar 7 2009, 11:00 pm Pyro682 Post #131

Yes, I know how inverted locations work, waypoint casting systems, and direct damage systems work.

None.

Mar 7 2009, 11:45 pm payne Post #132

Then, I'll probably call you up later on ;P
@money: my direct damage system is basically like that, but it must move away the unit because else, it deals splash damages, which I do not want since it can affect the hero's life.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7
  Back to forum