Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Op SEN, the once peaceful mapping channel
Op SEN, the once peaceful mapping channel
Apr 18 2009, 3:12 am
By: Riney
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Apr 19 2009, 4:40 pm InsolubleFluff Post #41

Let the channel degenerate (If that's what will happen) With the release of SC2 the channel will be lulz'd anyways.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 6:34 pm Pigy_G Post #42

I refuse to let Op SEN fall to these baboons, It's my home. The only place I can be made fun of insanely while being praised for my skill and thanked for helping someone. This channel was not made for temple siege, it was made for the community of SEN to congregate on battle.net. I think it's unfair to make us hide out in other channels because of flame and certain losers, I wont mention names.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 9:27 pm Demented Shaman Post #43

Your inability to settle this issue without having to ask for administrative intervention just shows your weakness and failure. True SEN warriors would win gloriously in battle or die trying.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 9:42 pm InsolubleFluff Post #44

DEVILESK FOR KING LEONIDUS!!!

None.

Apr 19 2009, 9:58 pm Falkoner Post #45

Just do what I do, get a host hack and a spoof hack, and go around banning all the hosts of Temple Siege maps, it's fun, and it pisses people off!

None.

Apr 19 2009, 10:24 pm Lingie Post #46

I would, if I didn't want to lose my CDKey. Else, hell of an idea.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Apr 19 2009, 10:24 pm Riney Post #47

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:Urine
Your inability to settle this issue without having to ask for administrative intervention just shows your weakness and failure. True SEN warriors would win gloriously in battle or die trying.

But thats one of the reasons he comes in and flames, because I died gloiously in battle, then reincarnated and led my troops to victory.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 19 2009, 10:39 pm Vrael Post #48

Or, you could all grow up and realize that op SEN is the exclusive property of Blizzard entertainment, and that you have no actual rights as to the moderation of the channel. If a few flamers show up, so what? I think /squelch has been mentioned already. If the ops is around, ban them. If not, realize that your use of battle.net is voluntary and you in no way have any rights as to who may reside in what channel. It's battle.net, you're going to have to deal with idiots, whether you like it or not.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 11:04 pm JaFF Post #49

Quote from Vrael
Or, you could all grow up and realize that op SEN is the exclusive property of Blizzard entertainment, and that you have no actual rights as to the moderation of the channel. If a few flamers show up, so what? I think /squelch has been mentioned already. If the ops is around, ban them. If not, realize that your use of battle.net is voluntary and you in no way have any rights as to who may reside in what channel. It's battle.net, you're going to have to deal with idiots, whether you like it or not.
You're forgetting the fact that being able to use Battle.net implies having certain powers Blizzard gives us, including the power to ban anyone you want from a channel if you're OP in it.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 11:15 pm Vrael Post #50

The ops certainly has that power, but it isn't a right, rather a privelege.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 11:24 pm BlueWolf Post #51

I see Op Sen as a place to hang out, and chat with fellow map makers. I also see Op SEN as a channel only for map makers, just like sen is a site for map makers/modders. TS fans are a whole different community from the map making community.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 12:58 am MadZombie Post #52

Why so butthurt?

This topic is an exaggeration.

TS-ers show up, and ask for a game. Wether they get someone to play with or not they end up leaving to go play with friends or pubs in seconds.

Everyone else is afk.

stfu :hurr:

The only real problem is the ops. Kupobot's a cool guy for the most part (owned by mog?) except he gives out access to people. He once gave me 10 acess and let me /roll a number to double my access. I got up to the point where I had 120 access (mog told me that was more than moose had, his being 100). I had the opportunity to ban but I didn't. The only real reason to ban people fro ma channel is if you personally have something against that person. And hey, guess what? No one here (cept moose and Ip, i guess) should have the right to ban in a community channel. This isn't Op Darkmarine or something. Just cause someone comes in and says "1v1 TS LOL" three times in a row doesn't mean "FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU- /ban u". IGNORE HIM PLZ AND GET OVER IT

It's not like we get spammed by warbots. We don't need ban.

Plus moose doesn't care enough to do anything more than to take away hammers.

Crap. I just logged on after 2 days and op sen sucks because of all the people who are their. Too many people are talking at once and like at least 2 bots have their greets on. Yea man op sen is looking like suck right now. Maybe we should get a "Clan SEN" so we can keep the no names out. :D
Anyone up for some 2v2 TS btw? :|

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2009, 1:21 am by MadZombie.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 1:24 am Riney Post #53

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from MadZombie
This isn't Op Darkmarine or something. Just cause someone comes in and says "1v1 TS LOL" three times in a row doesn't mean "FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU- /ban u". IGNORE HIM PLZ AND GET OVER IT

Ok you didnt read the entire thing so Ill restate my point. (Also Ive never used my Op before)

I UNDERSTAND there is a squelch feasture, I use it daily thanks to MaXX. The people that bother me are NOT the ones looking for a game. Its the ones that come here to spam that they won, and flame the users that lost if they reside in Op SEN. I have 3 friends now that think STAREDIT NETWORK is a bunch of bafoons because we tolerated such behavior in the channel.

if the channel promotes SEN this way, people wont come seaking for help/support/or putting their map here. Andf if thats the case then SC as we know will lose about 10% (This is a fucking guess, I dont wanna hear it) of the good mapping community (Because they wont come here to learn how to map, and become a failure)

Edit: This was posted BEFORE Madzombie scracthed out all his post. :ermm:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Apr 20 2009, 1:37 am MadZombie Post #54

so basically
I have 3 friends now that think STAREDIT NETWORK is a bunch of bafoons because we tolerated such behavior in the channel.
is what matter right? Isn't their some saying of discrimination or something about this lol?
if the channel promotes SEN this way, people wont come seaking for help/support/or putting their map here. Andf if thats the case then SC as we know will lose about 10% (This is a fucking guess, I dont wanna hear it) of the good mapping community (Because they wont come here to learn how to map, and become a failure)
Lol wtf, we have that kind of power over B.net? Coolio.

I still think this topic wasn't topic worthy. You care what people think of sen? I mean your not really doing a great job yourself with all that 4chan on your face.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 1:48 am Riney Post #55

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from MadZombie
I mean your not really doing a great job yourself with all that 4chan on your face.

There its gone. And forever will be from this moment on. I vow never to bring 4chan into my sig, posts, and avvy ever again, if it makes you feel like Im a better user, then so be it.

Btw my sig, Vi3t drew it, so dont start ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Apr 20 2009, 1:53 am MadZombie Post #56

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Quote from MadZombie
I mean your not really doing a great job yourself with all that 4chan on your face.

There its gone. And forever will be from this moment on. I vow never to bring 4chan into my sig, posts, and avvy ever again, if it makes you feel like Im a better user, then so be it.

Btw my sig, Vi3t drew it, so dont start ;o
What? why? Thats stupid. I never said take it off cu it looks bad but for the most part people look down on 4chan. I don't but thats cuz i've been their and could careless. Stop being self conscious and put yatsuba back.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 6:47 pm Demented Shaman Post #57

But thats one of the reasons he comes in and flames, because I died gloiously in battle, then reincarnated and led my troops to victory.
It appears more like you failed and died if this issue hasn't been settle yet. Also, you're the one who started the topic, which means you were too weak to settle it on your own and are now asking for administrative intervention.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 7:47 pm Riney Post #58

Thigh high affectionado

It appears more like you failed and died if this issue hasn't been settle yet. Also, you're the one who started the topic, which means you were too weak to settle it on your own and are now asking for administrative intervention.

Since when was it wrong to give a shit about sens other functions?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Apr 20 2009, 7:54 pm Pigy_G Post #59

Ignore devilesks points, he has no idea what he's talking about.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 8:21 pm Echo Post #60

You should not allow bots in Op SEN. People abuse and those greeting messages are annoying.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum