Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Op SEN, the once peaceful mapping channel
Op SEN, the once peaceful mapping channel
Apr 18 2009, 3:12 am
By: Riney
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Apr 18 2009, 12:25 pm Vi3t-X Post #21

The ORIGINAL post and title reference the fact the channel "Op SeN" and it's various other spellings are being invaded and abused. That it is no longer a "Mapping Assistance Channel" but rather a "X v X [Insert Game Name] Channel".

Most people who require assistance these days just go to the channels "Vlax" or "Donuts" and several other more secretive channels to find people like Bioject, Lethal_Illusion and Kaias who are still willing to help out.

Now the fact of the matter is, is that yes, Temple Siege is fine. General chatter is fine. But time in and time out, there are long strings of annoyance. MaXX for example decided to kick/ban people he regarded as "retarded", and would repetitively spam messages.

I suppose its more or less the removal of waste, and the induction of general mapping.

None.

Apr 18 2009, 1:59 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #22

Just here for the activity... well not really

Temple Siege killed map night, which was pretty dead to start with.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 18 2009, 2:18 pm Centreri Post #23

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yes. It fills op SEN with Temple Siege addicts. Seriously, move your damn gatherings to op temple_Siege or something. I want to stay nice and cozy in op SEN with people who aren't going to be talking about how awesome a certain hero from Temple Siege is.

None.

Apr 18 2009, 2:36 pm Shroomz Post #24

I agree, I myself am a Temple Siege whore that does not create maps. However I see jackasses that play Temple Siege ruin not only Op Sen but Clan wL. However we have a few people that run bots 24/7 so we have been able to keep jackasses banned from our channel. We even had to phraseban Diablo 2 people looking for Diablo and Chaos runs because we closely resemble a popular Diablo 2 clan. I feel your pain however and wish you the best of luck on getting a bot up 24/7 to keep the jackasses at bay. Good luck!

None.

Apr 18 2009, 2:43 pm MANight Post #25

If they are hostile, blizzard has provided /squelch.
eh, theres 30k+ people on bnet that have panacea (a privite multi-hack) that if you even mention /squelch ing them they will spam you with one of the little evil tools inside... but thats game wise not channel wise.

as for your little problem. imo you should have the bot ban/boot anyone with a spam/stupidity craze. like reading certain word or phrases. clan WA does that with cussing i think... and a couple others.

None.

Apr 18 2009, 7:11 pm Lingie Post #26

Quote from name:FaZ-
Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Use google next time.

www.stealthbot.net

Quote from www.stealthbot.net
Your WarCraft III bots will drop after 2 minutes due to Warden as well now. Any posts about this will be deleted with out a second glance. Sorry, there's nothing you can do about it at this current time.

Do you really think I'd be asking if bots were as easy to find as they used to? Warden has been very successful in keeping bots from working, if nothing else. I talked to a bunch of people and so far only Ruthless has bypassed the recent Warden change, that I've been able to find, and it's not exactly the easiest bot to get working. http://bnetweb.org/moderation-bots/l2uthless-ops-v2-12/

If people think running a separate channel would be a good solution, I'd be willing to do it. I'd add a few moderators that I know from here and from elsewhere, but generally keep power limited. I need to find a bot that I can get working, though. Ruthless is semi-ridiculous, anyone with a good amount of bot knowledge PM me please. =o

I wish I could help. My bot knowledge is limited to Stealth bot. Also, when I didn't post anything about a bot, I guess I sorta missed that, though Stealth Bot is pretty general knowledge. Seems though that it won't be too helpful though.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Apr 18 2009, 7:36 pm Pigy_G Post #27

Well something has to be done, Temple Siege disscussion isn't that big of a deal, it's because of the tournament channels being Op SEN, people consider Op SEN the TS channel because many of the best players use SEN and hang out there, even if it's not for temple siege reasons, this brings people like Maxx and his friends to the channel, who spam us for no reason, ban people from the channel and disrupt everything.
Most people who require assistance these days just go to the channels "Vlax" or "Donuts" and several other more secretive channels to find people like Bioject, Lethal_Illusion and Kaias who are still willing to help out.
Yes, but it shouldn't have to be this way, people should be able to come to Op SEN where there is almost ALWAYS someone who can test or assist you, and not everyone knows about 'Donuts' 'Vlax' or 'Chamber', ect. there are quite a few I know of. SENners should be able to hang in Op SEN without spammnation of maxx, we shouldn't HAVE to wait till there is an Op Temple_siege or whatever, there are already a few temple siege clans and channels, 'Clan xTs' 'Clan wL' 'Clan l4' ect, it's just Op SEN is KNOWN for it's temple siege players, the best hang out there, examples are CAFG, myself, faz, moose and others.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 18 2009, 8:26 pm by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Flaming

None.

Apr 18 2009, 8:29 pm Vi3t-X Post #28

A channel should serve it's purpose as should a topic.

None.

Apr 18 2009, 8:54 pm Moose Post #29

We live in a society.

I am all for clearing out flaming.
I am all for clearing out spamming.
I will not clear out TS for virtue of being TS.

Apr 18 2009, 9:12 pm Riney Post #30

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Mini Moose 2707

As we will also continue to make temple siege become a more fair map for common bnetters every week hopefully. And play non rigged/imba versions of maps because everyone likes a challange, not a push over. I appreciate what you've said and done so far moose.

Also this one is a shout out to CAFG, hope you find humor in it as I did doing it.

Quite the banning spree I must say ;D!

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 18 2009, 11:55 pm Centreri Post #31

So, you will allow op SEN to degenerate to a single-game channel with map making occasionally mixed in, instead of separating it into a channel for those who want to talk about how cool Temple Siege is and for those who want general discussion and map making. I really wish we had an unbiased administrator here :rolleyes: .

It sounds all nice, that you're only throwing out the garbage, but it's like combining all the forums here into one and saying that it's all clean. op SEN is a SEN and map making assistance channel, not a channel for your personal project.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 12:00 am Biophysicist Post #32

I AGREE WITH CENTRERI

None.

Apr 19 2009, 6:23 am Moose Post #33

We live in a society.

I don't understand the bias claim. There is no precedent of me completely disallowing and expelling other major topics from the channel yet making an exception for this one. You have no basis or prior history to make a claim that I would act differently were the topic involved different. Furthermore, many people are biased as they have made it quite clear that they themselves do not like Temple Siege.

Let's be honest: This is the most I've cared about doing anything with the channel in quite some time. Running the website keeps me busy enough that DTBK's suggestion is very tempting.

Apr 19 2009, 6:35 am Lingie Post #34

I don't understand the bias claim. There is no precedent of me completely disallowing and expelling other major topics from the channel yet making an exception for this one. You have no basis or prior history to make a claim that I would act differently were the topic involved different. Furthermore, many people are biased as they have made it quite clear that they themselves do not like Temple Siege.

Let's be honest: This is the most I've cared about doing anything with the channel in quite some time. Running the website keeps me busy enough that DTBK's suggestion is very tempting.

The thing is Moose, its not that we don't like Temple Siege. Its one of the better maps right now on Bnet. But we're all worried of what could BECOME, not just what has happened. I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here either on this, but we're all positive that something will come of all of this unless something is done, or Temple Siege dies down/off.

Apr 19 2009, 9:19 am Iceman16 Post #35

It's quite obvious that this thread's purpose was to give reasons to hate on o0Maxx0o as well as to nominate yourself for channel powers. Yes, of course Maxx spammed Op SEN for the short time he was in there, but honestly how much different is it the completely idiotic 4chan memes and spam that makes up 90% of the channel talk. Those people are definitely the ones giving the whole channel an immature reputation, not someone who barely visits the channel once a week.

So the channel is being held for TS players, so what? Normal everyday Temple Siege players find Op SEN and therefore give the website some more popularity. It's not like there's ever a large number of people in channel, except maybe in preparation for a Temple Siege tournament. I would never quite say the channel is 'overrun' with people and I don't see how anyone could.
Quote from name:Darkling
The thing is Moose, its not that we don't like Temple Siege. Its one of the better maps right now on Bnet. But we're all worried of what could BECOME, not just what has happened. I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here either on this, but we're all positive that something will come of all of this unless something is done, or Temple Siege dies down/off.

Please stop with your biased views. I have yet to see a claim started from Dark_Marine that doesn't end with you agreeing with him with no other possible option. You need to give people an individualized opinion before anyone can take you for anything but a puppet. You make it seem like it's end of the world from what you are trying to say. In fact, I doubt anyone could care less, the thread was just a reason for Dark_Marine to have power over people who are hostile.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 11:29 am Lingie Post #36

Well, I was going to say it in the other thread, but Iceman, if you were more active here, you'd have known that DM is infact my twin brother. I'd defend him till the end, as I think other people with family would do.

In other news, I happen to agree with my brother quite frequently, to the point that I can say EXACTLY what he was thinking. Luck, flukes, or perhaps the fact we know each other so well. And in my opinion, you still have yet to describe a good point as to why MY views are biased. I've seen things like this before and I'd rather not see a place that I enjoy turn into an asylum for flame, and I do believe that I can speak my mind, seeing as this thread involves SEN as a whole, and not just the Temple Siege community. Thankfully Moose stepped in, and is handling it in the channel now, and I'm sure a lot of us appriciate it; so be my guest and start talking shit in Op SEN again. I dare ya' kiddo.

Apr 19 2009, 3:23 pm Moose Post #37

We live in a society.

And in my opinion, you still have yet to describe a good point as to why MY views are biased.
To be honest, that's ridiculous. The post where you claim you don't understand why you're biased INCLUDES the reason in your own words.

Well, I was going to say it in the other thread, but Iceman, if you were more active here, you'd have known that DM is infact my twin brother. I'd defend him till the end, as I think other people with family would do.
Logic revolts at the notion that you would ignore it to always defend someone rather than making impartial opinions.

Apr 19 2009, 4:05 pm Demented Shaman Post #38

It seems like DM and Darkling's obsession with TS has come to bite them in the ass and I think they should be forced to suffer the consequences. Sucks for them.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 4:22 pm Centreri Post #39

Wait, DM and Darkling are twins? Identical? PIX.

None.

Apr 19 2009, 4:33 pm Vi3t-X Post #40

They're twins, with Darkling being younger.

Now the general point is that the channel itself is evolving away from its original purpose. Its like watching every other forum on this website over rule that of the actual mapping concept (which seems actually to have sprouted).

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum