Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XI
SEN Mafia XI
Feb 13 2009, 9:10 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 38 39 40 41 42 >

Apr 16 2009, 5:14 am Doodan Post #781

Quote from NudeRaider
I really feel the urge to just say "Moose, your clues are bullshit, make them fucking solveable!", but that would probably get me ignored, so I'll try to stay calm and elaborate a bit on it.

This Mafia, just like last Mafia, there was barely any clue I would say after looking at them "Yes, makes sense, could've gotten that one!". This trend has been going for quite a while now and I know you want it to be challenging even for the good players, but I think you've really gone too far.
Firstly it's not very fair to ignore the lesser players, as they still make up most of the sign-ups. Do want it to be an elite game for 5 people (random number) and the rest are just useless participants? Find a better balance please.
And secondly it also seems to be too hard even for the good players. When was the last clue properly identified and interpreted? Or the last 3 if someone got a lucky shot off recently? Tbh I can't remember.

Face it, your clues have become useless to us. We can just depend on luck or behavior/voting pattern analysis - which is no doubt a part of the game, but it shouldn't be the only one. The game was originally made to be won by clue analysis. Other aids should only be secondary, not the last straw.

Also often it's very hard to even notice that there's a clue in a sentence. They appear as a natural part of the story and the themes were so well hidden that even after repeating this theme over and over we couldn't spot it.
An example: You know, when I read about someone robbing a wallet, I think about greed, money loss, theft etc., but there's no way I would think of "nothing left to give", as he still has clothes etc. may carry other things in his pockets and so on.

Finally I want to say that not everything is bad. I really like your stories and roles all and appreciate the time you sacrifice to run it, or I wouldn't be playing it. But it saddens me that when I start a Mafia I already gave up, and I am just "playing along" because I know I can't possibly solve anything. I'm sure there are a lot others that feel that way. That's why the town is often referred to as "dumb" and more along these lines.
There were times when the difficulty of your clues was just right. For example I can well remember when you included a football helmet into your story which was to be connected with the Raiders and finally to me. Or you had funny letter jumbles with the first letter of each word of a sentence forming a keyword. Or you included a common word in your story which was depicted in someone's signature. Okay maybe a little too easy - although it didn't get solved - but you could always put a synonym into the text.
Why don't you just ease off a little on the difficulty? Remember, it's supposed to be a game. Supposed to be fun. For everyone.

I'd like everyone that thinks on that matter like I do to leave a short comment. Maybe together we can convince this stubborn old bastard to listen to his worshippers. ;)
"This is an example of a Moose clue"

I just solved NudeRaider's riddle!

None.

Apr 16 2009, 5:16 am MrrLL Post #782

..and that's why NudeRaider would suck at making clues.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 5:24 am Moose Post #783

We live in a society.

Quote from NudeRaider
I really feel the urge to just say "Moose, your clues are bullshit, make them fucking solveable!", but that would probably get me ignored, so I'll try to stay calm and elaborate a bit on it.

This Mafia, just like last Mafia, there was barely any clue I would say after looking at them "Yes, makes sense, could've gotten that one!". This trend has been going for quite a while now and I know you want it to be challenging even for the good players, but I think you've really gone too far.
Firstly it's not very fair to ignore the lesser players, as they still make up most of the sign-ups. Do want it to be an elite game for 5 people (random number) and the rest are just useless participants? Find a better balance please.
And secondly it also seems to be too hard even for the good players. When was the last clue properly identified and interpreted? Or the last 3 if someone got a lucky shot off recently? Tbh I can't remember.

Face it, your clues have become useless to us. We can just depend on luck or behavior/voting pattern analysis - which is no doubt a part of the game, but it shouldn't be the only one. The game was originally made to be won by clue analysis. Other aids should only be secondary, not the last straw.

Also often it's very hard to even notice that there's a clue in a sentence. They appear as a natural part of the story and the themes were so well hidden that even after repeating this theme over and over we couldn't spot it.
An example: You know, when I read about someone robbing a wallet, I think about greed, money loss, theft etc., but there's no way I would think of "nothing left to give", as he still has clothes etc. may carry other things in his pockets and so on.

Finally I want to say that not everything is bad. I really like your stories and roles all and appreciate the time you sacrifice to run it, or I wouldn't be playing it. But it saddens me that when I start a Mafia I already gave up, and I am just "playing along" because I know I can't possibly solve anything. I'm sure there are a lot others that feel that way. That's why the town is often referred to as "dumb" and more along these lines.
There were times when the difficulty of your clues was just right. For example I can well remember when you included a football helmet into your story which was to be connected with the Raiders and finally to me. Or you had funny letter jumbles with the first letter of each word of a sentence forming a keyword. Or you included a common word in your story which was depicted in someone's signature. Okay maybe a little too easy - although it didn't get solved - but you could always put a synonym into the text.
Why don't you just ease off a little on the difficulty? Remember, it's supposed to be a game. Supposed to be fun. For everyone.

I'd like everyone that thinks on that matter like I do to leave a short comment. Maybe together we can convince this stubborn old bastard to listen to his worshippers. ;)
Very well then. You asked for it. In SEN Mafia XII, there will be no clues. I repeat: no clues. No walls of text. No story. You will be provided with a list of people killed. You're on your own from there. It's worth an experiment because it'll be fast - I won't have to write anything!

SEN Mafia XII: Clueless
Coming soon. (I was actually planning this before you said something, but now it gets to be dramatic. :P)

Apr 16 2009, 5:28 am DT_Battlekruser Post #784

Given the success the town has in finding clues, I doubt it will make any difference save the obsessive accusations (and not even that) :P

None.

Apr 16 2009, 6:16 am WoAHorde Post #785

DTBK showed a higher level of thinking! Lynch his ass!

None.

Apr 16 2009, 6:33 am Riney Post #786

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:Franklin D Roosevelt

Im on that bandwagon ;D

Also moose theres a long fucking line in making a game 1 month long, and 15 minutes long. And somehow you just stepped over all of it ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 16 2009, 6:33 am JaFF Post #787

Quote from name:Franklin D Roosevelt
Unfortunately, this is happening in society IRL. :/

And no, I'm not Kellimus in disguise.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 7:41 am InsolubleFluff Post #788

Okay so your clues were genious. But I honestly doubt that if someone got the clue, the town would believe it. "It's a stretch" is what I imagine.

GG. COMMON SENSE HATS NEXT GAEM K?

BTW, I'm being mute next game. Don't bother saying behaviour against me. You were forwarned.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 7:52 am Devourer Post #789

Hello

Quote from Mini Moose 2707

SEN Mafia XII: Clueless
Coming soon. (I was actually planning this before you said something, but now it gets to be dramatic. :P)

Hehehe... fine if I am Mafia then :D

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Apr 16 2009, 10:32 am EzDay281 Post #790

Well, the first clue against Paravin, I must say, was reasonable, and the 'paraplegic' one also.
But how often does 'Beating someone's skull with a bat', or 'Stabbing through the lungs' constitute "humping"? >_>
Coming soon. (I was actually planning this before you said something, but now it gets to be dramatic. :P )
I knew it!
Moose is just getting lazy! =P

None.

Apr 16 2009, 1:26 pm Devourer Post #791

Hello

Oh, and moose, the clues weren't helpful.
It was a bunch of text and there were no useful clues in it.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2009, 1:38 pm by DeVouReR.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Apr 16 2009, 1:53 pm NudeRaider Post #792

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from EzDay281
Well, the first clue against Paravin, I must say, was reasonable, and the 'paraplegic' one also.
But how often does 'Beating someone's skull with a bat', or 'Stabbing through the lungs' constitute "humping"? >_>
Coming soon. (I was actually planning this before you said something, but now it gets to be dramatic. :P )
I knew it!
Moose is just getting lazy! =P
Ya, that humping was really ridiculous, no way to draw that bridge. And even that the hunchback (which was blatantly obvious after a while) is getting no love was next to impossible to come up with.
The parapleptic clue was one of these clues I'd like to see more of. The only problem was I didn't know the word. -.-
But I don't get the 1st Paravin clue. Not even after it's been "solved". Inexorable fading = nothing left to give?! O c'mon...

Btw. Moose, I already heard you'd been planning a no clues a game (interesting idea btw.). But I hope you don't take that as an excuse to continue your way in the Mafia after that.
I also want you to remind of my question:
"When was the last clue properly identified and interpreted? Or the last 3 if someone got a lucky shot off recently?"
Think about it. I think it's the best indication for me not just being a whining noob (like some of you obviously like to think).

Apr 16 2009, 3:21 pm Moose Post #793

We live in a society.

Quote from NudeRaider
"When was the last clue properly identified and interpreted? Or the last 3 if someone got a lucky shot off recently?"
Think about it. I think it's the best indication for me not just being a whining noob (like some of you obviously like to think).
Blends was correctly interpreted vs. Payne last game. Nobody really listened to it and the people noticing the clue completely stopped talking about it. (which is not my fault)
Shocko jumping in with the mayonnaise helped, though he really could've just driven home the blends clue.

Apr 16 2009, 3:54 pm Biophysicist Post #794

Moose, I think that idea is very very stupid. Sorry if that sounds like a flame, but it's my opinion and I'm going to say it anyway.

Un-auto me please.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 5:53 pm NudeRaider Post #795

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from NudeRaider
Blends was correctly interpreted vs. Payne last game. Nobody really listened to it and the people noticing the clue completely stopped talking about it. (which is not my fault)
Shocko jumping in with the mayonnaise helped, though he really could've just driven home the blends clue.
Wow, 1 lucky shot in 2 games. That's awesome. That's about 1/40 clues solved.
Moose, stop being stubborn and stop closing your eyes to obvious facts. Your clues are getting harder and harder and thus destroy the balance. Get back to old school clues and everyone will have more fun. Why are you so insistent?

Btw. that blender thing was a good clue imo. If you'd give us more stuff like that I had nothing to complain.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2009, 6:00 pm by NudeRaider.

Apr 16 2009, 6:07 pm Biophysicist Post #796

Also, that one game that I was Mafia: Did you honestly expect anyone to get "TassadarZeratul really hates doors"? That's just one example. There's a gazillion more.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 7:36 pm InsolubleFluff Post #797

It would help if town fucking did something.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 8:07 pm MadZombie Post #798

Quote from name:Shocko
It would help if town fucking did something.
stfu :\

I mean I know someone has to say it at the end of every mafia game but comon. Isn't it played out by now.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 9:23 pm EzDay281 Post #799

Your clues are getting harder and harder and thus destroy the balance.
"Harder"?
Didn't he use the number of beats in some rhythm game for a song which shared a name with a member in the first game? And do stuff like, "First letter of every sentece!"? =P
Hm. Now I'm idly curious as to how much or little agreement there would be among players if a list of which clues throughout the history have been 'reasonable' or not.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 10:12 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #800

Just here for the activity... well not really

Just for the record, Mafia is regularly played without clues, we're just so smart we can do MOAR

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Options
Pages: < 1 « 38 39 40 41 42 >
  Back to forum