Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Countdown to Transformers 2
Countdown to Transformers 2
Feb 12 2009, 3:31 am
By: Echo
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >

Jun 26 2009, 12:38 am MillenniumArmy Post #81

Just saw this at an IMAX theater last night.

I loved it. My friends weren't really impressed with it though. They said they felt nauseous at times due to the extremely flashy CGI based fight scenes/action. Could be because we saw this in an IMAX theater (and trust me, IMAX does make a huge difference.) I thought my friends were nuts; I would've given this movie 4 out of 5 stars whereas they would give it 3 out of 5.

As the movie progressed, it got better and better IMO. But like with the last movie, the ending was... a little meh. But I guess there really is no other way to do it. I highly encourage you all to watch this movie.

None.

Jun 26 2009, 12:44 am Riney Post #82

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from MillenniumArmy
As the movie progressed, it got better and better IMO. But like with the last movie, the ending was... a little meh. But I guess there really is no other way to do it. I highly encourage you all to watch this movie.

I would have said this, but I was busy annoying echo at the time ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 26 2009, 6:22 am Moose Post #83

We live in a society.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/transformers-2-michael-bays-rejected-script/

Jun 26 2009, 5:45 pm Hug A Zergling Post #84

Quote from Echo
Yeah, they agreed for 3 more sequels in a contract :P
Ow. I think everyone who saw "The Transformers: The Movie" was just mortally wounded.

None.

Jun 27 2009, 5:46 am Echo Post #85

Just came back from watching it. The movie was great, but I was disappointed on how some of the old autobots from the previous movies had short roles. What disappointed me the most was that Soundwave didn't really have any fighting scenes, but I guess it is the way it's supose to be since he's more of an information gatherer. The third movie isn't going to come until 2012, which is in like 3 years, all because Michael Bay wants to take a "break".

Aside from that, all Michael Bay did was blow things up for 144 minutes. The movie also had random things without explanation and I was confused in keeping track of the Transformers. The jokes were all forced and childish, especially the balls on Devastators. I think that ruined the movie completely. I hope Michael Bay realizes this, but I doubt it because he is known for only blowing things up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 27 2009, 3:47 pm by Echo.

None.

Jun 27 2009, 10:18 pm Riney Post #86

Thigh high affectionado

Im telling ya, Bad Boys 3

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 28 2009, 7:26 am Heinermann Post #87

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

The movie was AWESOME.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/733696/New%20Text%20.txt

Jun 28 2009, 10:02 pm Hug A Zergling Post #88

Quote from Echo
Just came back from watching it. The movie was great, but I was disappointed on how some of the old autobots from the previous movies had short roles. What disappointed me the most was that Soundwave didn't really have any fighting scenes, but I guess it is the way it's supose to be since he's more of an information gatherer. The third movie isn't going to come until 2012, which is in like 3 years, all because Michael Bay wants to take a "break".

Aside from that, all Michael Bay did was blow things up for 144 minutes. The movie also had random things without explanation and I was confused in keeping track of the Transformers. The jokes were all forced and childish, especially the balls on Devastators. I think that ruined the movie completely. I hope Michael Bay realizes this, but I doubt it because he is known for only blowing things up.
You seemed to dislike it more and more as you wrote that :lol:

How come they made soundwave a jeep? :wtfage:

None.

Jun 28 2009, 10:23 pm MadZombie Post #89

Soundwave? ...... He was the robot in space...
Quote from Echo
They needed to go more in depth with each transformer. If it were up to me I'd be happy with like a line up of 6 transformers + optimus that get changed every movie (cept opti) instead of the 40 robots in this movie. Anyone who were to just see THIS movie without seeing the first would just know Optimus prime and bumble bee and every other transformer would just look like some robot 'extra'. They really did improve a lot of the fighting scenes, and they made Optimus prime so badass except for his dialogue. Atleast it was optimus prime, he's the only person i know who can make a generic line like " I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" or "LET'S ROLL" and make it work. Good shit Optimus.

I also want to see the other PRIMES in the next movie. Where is Ultra magnus? Rodimus Prime? Sentinel Prime? wutafuck D:

And wtf did they do to Arcee?... 3 sister bots? gtfo.

I wasn't impressed that much. It was like watching the Dark Night all over again, I thought the whole thing was shit except for the joker scenes. In this case the optimus prime fights/scenes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 29 2009, 12:38 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Jun 28 2009, 11:12 pm Hug A Zergling Post #90

Quote from MadZombie
Soundwave? ...... He was the robot in space...
Quote from Echo
They needed to go more in depth with each transformer. If it were up to me I'd be happy with like a line up of 6 transformers + optimus that get changed every movie (cept opti) instead of the 40 robots in this movie. Anyone who were to just see THIS movie without seeing the first would just Optimus prime and bumble bee and every other transformer would just look like some robot 'extra'. They really did improve a lot of the fighting scenes, They made Optimus prime so badass except for his dialogue. Atleast it was optimus prime, he's the only person i know who can make a generic line like " I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" or "LET'S ROLL" and make it work. Good shit Optimus.

I want to see the other PRIMES in the next movie. Where is Ultra magnus? Rodimus Prime? Sentinel Prime? wutafuck D:

And wtf did they do to Arcee?... 3 sister bots? gtfo.

I wasn't impressed.\ that much. It was like watching the Dark Night all over again, I thought the whole thing was shit except for the joker scenes. In this case the optimus prime fights/scenes.

Ugh, the more I read about it the more terrible it sounds :dontgetit: I just watched the 80's version again yesterday, for the 4th time. This of course, is nothing like it.

And didn't they change Soundwave from a Casset player to a Jeep or something?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 28 2009, 11:20 pm by Hug A Zergling.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 11:00 am Heinermann Post #91

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

No, he's a cybertronian satellite or something.

Jun 29 2009, 11:17 am Echo Post #92

Quote from Heinermann
Yup. I think he was a triple changer.

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Ugh, the more I read about it the more terrible it sounds :dontgetit: I just watched the 80's version again yesterday, for the 4th time. This of course, is nothing like it.

Well think about it, the movie took place in the present time. Would you want to see a giant cassette player? That wouldn't really help in their purpose of being in disguise.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 12:36 pm MadZombie Post #93

Quote from Echo
Quote from Heinermann

Well think about it, the movie took place in the present time. Would you want to see a giant cassette player? That wouldn't really help in their purpose of being in disguise.
Yea, and how stupid would it be if megatron transformed into a giant gun in the movie?...that'd be the lols.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 1:26 pm Hug A Zergling Post #94

Quote from MadZombie
Quote from Echo
Quote from Heinermann

Yea, and how stupid would it be if megatron transformed into a giant gun in the movie?...that'd be the lols.
I thought they could of done better with Megatron too. he wasn't terrible, but his appearance usually reminded me of a cammando...he looks very "pointy" now.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 1:53 pm MadZombie Post #95

I think if ANY transformer could use any improvements on their looks, it would have to be Starscream. He looks...so impractical when he's in robot form. I think Megatron looks too .... Cybertronian. The new decepticon line up except devastator should have been more colored instead of cybertronian grey. The grey would've looked great on JUST Megatron, it would help to identify each transformer better but I guess it's because they are using real vehicles and stuff that don't actually use those colors.

Another thing, i was hoping to see Galvatron and unicron after they "killed" Megatron. Deep sigh. The 2012 movie better have an epic plotline to match Micheal Bays explosions. I'd be happy just if they had Unicron and Ultra magnus.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 2:30 pm Hug A Zergling Post #96

Quote from MadZombie
I think if ANY transformer could use any improvements on their looks, it would have to be Starscream. He looks...so impractical when he's in robot form. I think Megatron looks too .... Cybertronian. The new decepticon line up except devastator should have been more colored instead of cybertronian grey. The grey would've looked great on JUST Megatron, it would help to identify each transformer better but I guess it's because they are using real vehicles and stuff that don't actually use those colors.

Another thing, i was hoping to see Galvatron and unicron after they "killed" Megatron. Deep sigh. The 2012 movie better have an epic plotline to match Micheal Bays explosions. I'd be happy just if they had Unicron and Ultra magnus.
And I like how they put in Devastator TWICE in the movies...although neither of them actually resembled Devastator. Good job bays. And I thought that Starscream would of been one of the easier transformers to model...I don't know why they made him so...chunky.

I did like most of the Autobots though (from the 2007 movie, at least) They did a good job at Prime and Bumblebee.

None.

Jun 11 2010, 10:43 pm Demented Shaman Post #97

Have you heard the news that Megan Fox won't be in Transformers 3? What do you guys think about that?

None.

Jun 11 2010, 11:14 pm Dem0n Post #98

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I cried. Nice necro.

Jun 12 2010, 4:30 pm MadZombie Post #99

I'm okay with this. Transformers story based appeal sorta sucks. The only thing they have is introducing characters thta make us go "OH SHIT I REMEMBER THAT GUY CEPT HE LOOKED LIKE 10 SQUARES IN THE SHAPE OF A ROOT BUT NOW HE'S ALL SUPED UP WITH GUNS AND WEPUNS AND BADASSLINES AND O SHIT~ *Face melts*".

No wait, I'm just a hater i guess because transformers movie didn't go the direction i wanted it to. w/e. Isn't Trans3 the one where they bring in the dino bots? Or whatever animal-esque bots? Or was it the triple changers? Or the minicons or something like that. What new bot are they bringing in?

None.

Jun 13 2010, 2:09 am poison_us Post #100

Back* from the grave

Quote from MadZombie
What new bot are they bringing in?
The Necrobot. It never lets anything die.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum