Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: 25 updates, mostly forum related
25 updates, mostly forum related
Feb 1 2009, 5:08 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Feb 2 2009, 3:20 am Moose Post #61

We live in a society.

There is plenty of data on v5 from which to do a recount. I'm pretty sure I've always been careful with semantics and always used "reset" or "recount" and not "wipe" or "reset to zero". You would be far from a new member without even accounting for v4. Not that this necessarily applies as the system has been redone.

Feb 2 2009, 3:23 am Falkoner Post #62

Ah, IP, thanks for fixing them for Carbonite skin, looks smexy now.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 3:50 am poison_us Post #63

Back* from the grave

I dunno if this is a bug, intentional, or just nobody else was scatterbrained enough to find this, but the multiquote button, when clicked once goes black & white [expected], but when clicked again, it changes to hyperlink-looking text, like this:

Feb 2 2009, 3:53 am Centreri Post #64

Relatively ancient and inactive

Not for me. What browser?

None.

Feb 2 2009, 3:59 am Biophysicist Post #65

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
What was /a to begin with?
Send a whisper to the last person you whispered too.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 5:05 am DT_Battlekruser Post #66

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
There is plenty of data on v5 from which to do a recount. I'm pretty sure I've always been careful with semantics and always used "reset" or "recount" and not "wipe" or "reset to zero". You would be far from a new member without even accounting for v4. Not that this necessarily applies as the system has been redone.

I was just remembering the beginning of v5. Although, with IP, I can't say I trust that to happen. Yoshi had an almost religious commitment to preserving member data, but we've already discarded that once. I like your idea, though.

Oh, btw, thanks IP for changing stars to the linked numbers. It looks much nicer now :)

None.

Feb 2 2009, 5:16 am TriggR_HappE Post #67

In the new system, minerals will flow ultra slow and store prices will drop considerably to reflect that. It'll allow for better control.
As far as what moose just said, I plan on doing. Smaller iterations, smaller costs, and probably an upgrade factor (10 minerals for 30 pms, 10+3 for 30 more, 10+6 for the next 30...).

So we're changing it from fast flow of minerals with high prices to slow flow of minerals with low prices. Where's the change exactly? Sure prices will be lower, but with the slower flow it's still going to take forever to get enough. How about fast flow and low prices? Is that really so hard?

None.

Feb 2 2009, 12:46 pm Moose Post #68

We live in a society.

Quote from TriggR_HappE
Where's the change exactly?
Revamped: Minerals (in progress, don't report how you don't get any from posts anymore, it's on purpose)

Feb 2 2009, 1:28 pm payne Post #69

:payne:

I've selected 3 quotes, but they do not appear into the Fast Reply and I can't unselect them. Do what you want with that ^^

None.

Feb 2 2009, 1:32 pm Devourer Post #70

Hello

Quote from Devourer
Ip and Moose pwns :)
I really didn't do anything. Besides maintain the bug list and constantly bother IP to fix them.

Let's rip minerals out and be done with it.

Oh, anyway, as far as I know you started SEN and IP just joined your project. So ofc you pwn, too.
Anyway, serious, yes minerals should be deleted because it just motivate you to spam (most newcomers do/done so, because they wanted signature or anything)
But in that fact at least the shoutbox colors, title and signature should be avaible...
maybe NameColor, too ;D No well, I think that name colors only should be for special members (who helped, is on SEN for ages or whatever)
EDIT: Oh, and if you do so: delete the "Game" section in the navi^^

EDIT2: When you spam-a-lot or always set your signature too big you can't get fines anymore... so, will you suspend those guys faster than before? Or how you handle it?

EDIT3: Some names in the bottom of a topic are in the italic style. What does that mean? Seems like if they are writing a reply or just post a reply. Is that right?

EDIT4: The Icon for new topics still got a label which means that it costs 20 minerals to use one.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 2 2009, 2:07 pm by DeVouReR.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 2 2009, 1:36 pm Excalibur Post #71

The sword and the faith

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Devourer
I really didn't do anything. Besides maintain the bug list and constantly bother IP to fix them.

Oh, anyway, as far as I know you started SEN and IP just joined your project.
You know absolutely nothing about the history of SEN.

"Michael Lat, more commonly known by his screen name "Yoshi da Sniper", founded and created Staredit Network on July 10th 2003. The website had two purposes: To help Lat learn more about administration and programming of a website, and to have a place where he can explore his interest with creating Starcraft Use Map Settings (UMS) maps.

The site was never intended to become anything because of the specific nature of the audience. At the time, UMS were spread thin along the Starcraft community, and most of them did not even visit UMS map making sites because none existed.

Starting in summer of 2005, Staredit Network began supporting mods, game modifications that change the way StarCraft is played. SEN's modding community has grown since its birth and is now becoming a popular destination for modding assistance. As with mapping, Staredit Network hosts a variety of mods, tutorials and modding tools to help modders. A special modding team, called SEN-MOD was formed to create group projects, consisting of some of the best modders SEN has to offer.

The website was first based upon many scripts that Lat downloaded and pieced together. When version 3 of the website arrived, he was one of the first websites in the Starcraft community to integrate forum operations in the entire site before the trend of website integration arose. The website is currently at version 4.1. Version 5 is currently under works by Lat's idea to recreate the website from scratch in a custom programmed engine. The Version 5 beta is currently located at http://www.staredit.net/1337v5

Lat resigned his position at Staredit Network at the beginning of October 2005 to pursue other programming areas, such as freelancing or licencing. With his freelancing career becoming more predominant in his life, he put the website in the hands of two other individuals he trusted.

Isolated Purity (Michael Fletcher) and Mini Moose 2707 (Dick Hertz) have taken over the administration of the website. With the website headed in a different direction under Fletcher and Hertz, many of the close supporters of the website and high reputation map makers have retired from the site. Fletcher being primarily inactive, Hertz remains as the only admin, keeping SEN together with it's frequent server down times."

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 2 2009, 1:43 pm Forsaken Archer Post #72

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Devourer

Oh, anyway, as far as I know you started SEN and IP just joined your project. So ofc you pwn, too.
Wow, you need a history lesson.
In brief, Yoshi started SEN. Moose became staff because he kicks ass. Yoshi had some life things + frustrated with some SEN things so he gave SEN to me, a rather recent newcomer. I realized Moose kicks ass, so I made him an admin.
Yoshi came back, started SENv5 when he took me joking about making SEN from scratch and moving away from an Invision board seriously. I joined the project and basically frustrated Yoshi with my coding style (neither one of us were at fault, just didn't play nice together in a large project). So I took over SENv5 and made it my pet project.
Eventually SENv4 got hacked to hell, partially because of the Invision going corporate and forcing people to pay for their software, partially because I wasn't keeping up with self-patching security holes. SEN went down for awhile, SEN came back up with SENv5.

Edit: Where did you get that from Ex? Seems copied and pasted ;o

None.

Feb 2 2009, 1:49 pm Excalibur Post #73

The sword and the faith

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Staredit.net

Also, I demand you ban Dev. Now.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Feb 2 2009, 1:53 pm Devourer Post #74

Hello

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Devourer

Wow, you need a history lesson.
In brief, Yoshi started SEN. Moose became staff because he kicks ass. Yoshi had some life things + frustrated with some SEN things so he gave SEN to me, a rather recent newcomer. I realized Moose kicks ass, so I made him an admin.
Yoshi came back, started SENv5 when he took me joking about making SEN from scratch and moving away from an Invision board seriously. I joined the project and basically frustrated Yoshi with my coding style (neither one of us were at fault, just didn't play nice together in a large project). So I took over SENv5 and made it my pet project.
Eventually SENv4 got hacked to hell, partially because of the Invision going corporate and forcing people to pay for their software, partially because I wasn't keeping up with self-patching security holes. SEN went down for awhile, SEN came back up with SENv5.

Ohhh... lol, what I thought was:
Maplantis and Staredit.net had nothing to do with each other. I thought that Yoshi was the owner of maplantis, and moose started with SEN, then you joined SEN. When Maplantis merged with SEN I though Yoshi became a completly new staff @ SEN.
Thanks for informations.

EDIT: Answer the questions above.
EDIT:
Also, I demand you ban Dev. Now.
Why?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 2 2009, 3:12 pm by DeVouReR.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 2 2009, 2:25 pm Centreri Post #75

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'm fairly certain Ex was joking.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 2:31 pm Excalibur Post #76

The sword and the faith

Quote from Centreri
I'm fairly certain Ex was joking.
Don't be so sure.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Feb 2 2009, 2:55 pm Corbo Post #77

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Devourer
Why? Make a topic about "Ban Devourer?" Like the one with shadow-fox. Then we will see if the community wants me to leave SEN.
When will you people learn that,

SEN DOES NOT BAN PEOPLE BECAUSE OF POPULAR VOTE, SEN IS NOT DEMOCRATIC, SEN IS A DICTATORSHIP AND GET OVER THE MIDDLE AGE, PLEASE

Don't be so sure.
I lol'd.

There's also a history of sen in the faqs, if any of you actually read them :-_-:

fuck you all

Feb 2 2009, 3:13 pm Forsaken Archer Post #78

Quote from payne
I've selected 3 quotes, but they do not appear into the Fast Reply and I can't unselect them. Do what you want with that ^^
Did you try clearing the cache?

None.

Feb 2 2009, 3:22 pm Hercanic Post #79

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

I wonder if any additional features might be suggested, bumping the count to an impressive 26 bullet points! =oP

Super Awesome Fantastic Can't-Live-Without Lightning-Strike Epiphany of an Idear: A disable setting for the Firefox ad!

*gasp!*

I know, heavy stuff right there. In all seriousness, there are actually viruses out nowadays that target FireFox. I have no intention of switching, as would any older member on here who is still using IE (I wonder if the FireFox thing shows up for Opera and other browsers). I suppose one could argue that it can simply be ignored, and that is the unavoidable status quo at the moment. It even fades out, does it not? Surely that makes it less of an eye-sore? Honestly, the fade-out doesn't help; a forum is a place where loading new pages is the norm, and the fading animation actually just draws more attention to it. The PM notification is also up in the banner, so I'm particularly aware of changes to it when expecting a reply. Too often, the FireFox ad catches my eye instead. You can't ignore something when its in the vicinity of something you're anticipating, and that's when things get mildly aggravating. It might as well be a flashing, screen-panning, sound-belching flash popup for penis enlargements.

Oh, and if you hit fast reply, then want to preview, none of the BB code or URLs are enabled, and instead show raw. You can hit preview again to see the code correctly processed, since thankfully the checkboxes are pre-marked now (unlike before this update, where you would need to manually check them yourself).

Feb 2 2009, 3:42 pm Forsaken Archer Post #80

Yeah, maybe it's about time I took that thing down. It only shows for IE users, btw (or anyone spoofing as IE). Opera is more compliant than firefox is.
You do know how horrible IE is for the web development people, though, right? IE8 should be a little better, but if they are going to be all gay about it and require vista, it's more or less worthless.

I'll fix the fast reply -> preview thing in a moment.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum