Feb 7 2009, 2:48 am ForTheSwarm Post #82

I would be glad to test any issue with you anytime. :P

None.

Feb 9 2009, 11:29 pm Impeached Post #83

Any updates?
:hurr:

None.

Feb 10 2009, 1:41 am RoryFenrir Post #84

not yet really, ive been pretty busy these last few days, ill try to finish the rocket trooper today so i can show you guys its awsomeness.

None.

Feb 11 2009, 5:06 am RoryFenrir Post #85

Update time!

Finally got the rocket trooper done, here are some GIFs

movement

firing possition

ive also been fixing some common errors and getting this to look right, i changed the cmdbutton pallet, red is unusable, blue is usable.
I also started working on AI, it might be hard for klendathu (if its even possible) but i made a quick crappy terran AI, here are some pics of me battling it.

AI attacking my base.

A computer's base

I admit it is kind of confusing without player color, but its too late now, unless i have an underlay for every unit... but anyway, i still have faith that it will be playable. In real life your soldiers wouldnt be colored either :)

None.

Feb 11 2009, 3:00 pm Devourer Post #86

Hello

Nice images, but in real life you would be able to notice if the soldier is one of yours or not.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 18 2009, 3:44 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #87

Well, that depends. Friendly fire is very common and there has actually been numerous situations with disorientation. But, I intend to play a StarTroopers mod the way a Startroopers movie is, shooting anything taller then seven feet tall.

None.

Feb 19 2009, 12:29 am RoryFenrir Post #88

lol, agreed.

Ive been workin on some stuff, getting pretty close to testing... But ive ran into a couple problems.

One, i get a random crash when i move the shot gun or assault riffle trooper, and i did nothing to change this but ill just make sure the turrets and lo files have all the frames...

Two for AI, larva is not an argument, so i am going to try to change the eggs to mutalisks, and then get the ai to work.

im going to try to hammer out these two problems tonight.

Ive also started on a campaign, its pretty cool so far.

None.

Feb 20 2009, 5:41 am RoryFenrir Post #89

I fixed the trooper problem, it scared me because suddenly everything stopped working! but it turned out to be some stupid iscript problem.

Im still having trouble on my AI, if you want to help go here:
Help rory!
Ive got a problem, that if i cant fix there wont be any AI for klendathu, but it should be fixable because its been done before (building units from zerg buildings)

I should get a beta version out by the contest deadline, and i think ill have a testing version out by the end of this weekend :)

None.

Feb 20 2009, 5:59 am bajadulce Post #90

I fixed your AI came up with some solutions for you, but then logged on to SEN. I'll be "home" in a bit describing how you will go about this. The ultralisk btw, has some weird behavior. It seems to automatically want to attack the enemy base on the other side of the map all on its own? That intentional? Iscript idle = move on its own or something? I didn't notice the AI orders changed to critter or anything like that? nice effect tho.

None.

Feb 20 2009, 3:38 pm Symmetry Post #91

Dungeon Master

Quote from bajadulce
It seems to automatically want to attack the enemy base on the other side of the map all on its own? That intentional? Iscript idle = move on its own or something? I didn't notice the AI orders changed to critter or anything like that? nice effect tho.

If I had to guess, it sounds like he just put its target acquisition range really high.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 21 2009, 9:19 pm RoryFenrir Post #92

Quote from bajadulce
I fixed your AI came up with some solutions for you, but then logged on to SEN. I'll be "home" in a bit describing how you will go about this. The ultralisk btw, has some weird behavior. It seems to automatically want to attack the enemy base on the other side of the map all on its own? That intentional? Iscript idle = move on its own or something? I didn't notice the AI orders changed to critter or anything like that? nice effect tho.

allright thanks, ill go check out BWAI now.

I set the acquasition range really high, i want it to just shoot at stuff when its way across the map, but i kind of used it wrong. Ill fix that easy enough.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 1:32 am RoryFenrir Post #93

I am now to the final stages creation for the actual gameplay. Basicly Im just finalizing AI and balence. I want to release this to get input, see what you guys think to make this better and more balenced.

Here is the test version, everything is pretty much how i want it, except AI is slow and is too easy, and Terran v Klendathu is probably unbalenced (i cant tell, i havent gotten to pvp yet)
Starship Troopers
The SC version is 1.15.1

All three AI work, all the interfaces work and i dont think it crashes anywhere.

What i need you guys to help me with, is anywhere you see something that could be improved (ballence, spelling, graphics) tell me, and i will take it into consideration. Ive gotten to the point were ive played this so much that its boring, so i want to let it out so you guys can help me improve it.

I included 2 maps, a fastest map, and the first campaign (not totally finished but its the basic idea)

I still have to finish the campaign, the overloard gaphic, some upgrade names, and then maybe ill have custom sounds and portraits, but those arent really important to gameplay anyway.

So again, i would like to hear any negitive or possitive opinion, or just suggestions on improvement. Thanks!

None.

Feb 23 2009, 2:09 am ForTheSwarm Post #94

The Brain Bug death animation never ends.
Missile Barrage doesn't seem to work.
Shotguns are WAY overpowered. Make them concussive or something.
Micro Nuke needs a nerf. Make it 1/2 of its current damage.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2009, 2:19 am by ForTheSwarm.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 2:40 am RoryFenrir Post #95

does the death animation never end? I know its slow.
Missle barrage has a minimum range of 10, i dont know how to display a too close error message.
ill lower those two, thanks.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 3:21 am ForTheSwarm Post #96

Quote from RoryFenrir
does the death animation never end? I know its slow.

I waited almost 5 minutes. It was still there.

Missle barrage has a minimum range of 10, i dont know how to display a too close error message.

Try changing the error message to "too close"? Idk.

Also, lower the beetle's target acquisition rate please. It moves to attack from REALLY far away.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 3:48 am RoryFenrir Post #97

the aquasition rate is 0, i dont know whats up with that, it has a really long weapon range but i want that to stay

None.

Feb 23 2009, 4:19 am A_of-s_t Post #98

aka idmontie

Minimum range is one of the worst ideas for a weapon ever. Just a thought :P.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 23 2009, 5:44 am Sand Wraith Post #99

she/her

Note:
As a substitute for minimum range, you can apply a "melee" attack with trgt[can't remember rest of opcode]. I did it once with the standard Terran Marine, and it worked out quite nicely, if not a little slowly (I just have to speed up the animation next, make it more of a bash than a poke...).

I would think that the minimum range effect only displays an error when the unit cannot move, e.g. Siege Mode Tank. Bleh, I remember in WC3 the Catapults would often roll up to the melee units instead of backing off when ordered to attack move... MAN. It STILL haunts me!

Feb 24 2009, 10:39 pm ForTheSwarm Post #100

Lastly, make Shotgun ground-only, because I've never heard of shotguns attacking aircraft! :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum