Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: starcraft2 is to colorfull?
starcraft2 is to colorfull?
Oct 19 2008, 4:31 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >

Oct 25 2008, 6:12 pm Vi3t-X Post #61

Options > Disable Terrain Features

Resolution = 800x600

Ok, we're all happy now?

None.

Oct 25 2008, 7:16 pm Symmetry Post #62

Dungeon Master

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I have to agree with chuiu.

I'm sorry, but if you're telling me it's easier and quicker to see and fully understand what's taking place here:

As compared to here:

I must have some serious vision problems.

The sc1 picture there has about double the dimensions of the other one... A better comparison would be:

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 25 2008, 11:21 pm Syphon Post #63

Quote from chuiu
Your resolution arguement is still invalid. This is a resolution getting squished into a smaller resolution for streaming video. Not high resolution vs low resolution in normal circumstances. Here's what I'm talking about:

Company of Heroes in 1280x1024 resized down to 300 x 225:

Company of Heroes in 1024x768 resized down to 300 x 225:

Company of Heroes in 800x600 resized down to 300 x 225:

Notice how they all fucking look the same? That's because resolution doesn't matter.
]

You know how I know you lied here? 1280x1024 is a different aspect ratio than 1024x768, 800x600, and 300x225, and they all look the same. Fail.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 11:30 pm BeDazed Post #64

You know how I know you lied here? 1280x1024 is a different aspect ratio than 1024x768, 800x600, and 300x225, and they all look the same. Fail.
You'll notice that it isn't same in the end, when you notice the minimap circle being elliptical

None.

Oct 25 2008, 11:30 pm chuiu Post #65

Lmao, how do you people get through school without learning how to read.

Quote from BeDazed
You'll notice that it isn't same in the end, when you notice the minimap circle being elliptical

Yeah you can tell I actually took screenshots of each resolution to resize because the screen isn't in the same exact position either (you have to exit out of the game to change resolution so I had to try to move the camera in the same spot).

None.

Oct 26 2008, 3:33 am Syphon Post #66

Quote from chuiu

Quote from BeDazed

Yeah you can tell I actually took screenshots of each resolution to resize because the screen isn't in the same exact position either (you have to exit out of the game to change resolution so I had to try to move the camera in the same spot).

And, how about the face they aren't all the same size?

None.

Oct 26 2008, 3:38 am Moose Post #67

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Reindeer Breeder
The sc1 picture there has about double the dimensions of the other one... A better comparison would be:

And.... SC1 is still easier and faster to comprehend for me. :P

Oct 26 2008, 3:41 am BeDazed Post #68

It doesn't seem too hard to comprehend the situation in SC2. A newb has made some bunks and mnms while the zerg amassed mass zerglings and morphed a few banelings. end of story. What more is there to comprehend?

None.

Oct 26 2008, 3:44 am Moose Post #69

We live in a society.

I suppose I might just not be used to looking at it.

What are the giant red blood blobs? If that's a death animation, that seriously needs to be toned down. As does the big green glowing.... thing. There is so little contrast between the red player and all that blood.

Quote from Hercanic
There is color variety, then there's oversaturation and eye-squinting bloom. Apparently Blizzard is not a fan of chiaroscuro.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

StarCraft is a TELEVISED SPORT in Korea. Chuiu's point isn't so much about how it looks to PLAY, but how good it looks when it's watched. How will it look on TV? How will it look on Youtube?

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Oct 26 2008, 3:56 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Oct 26 2008, 3:47 am chuiu Post #70

Quote from Syphon
Quote from chuiu

Quote from BeDazed

And, how about the face they aren't all the same size?
I don't understand what you're trying to prove here? You don't seem to have been following the conversation, I suggest you start with this post:

http://www.staredit.net/99705/

EDIT: Or maybe you just can't read? Do you know what the word 'resize' means?

None.

Oct 26 2008, 6:02 am FatalException Post #71

In the SC1 screenshot, purple terran owns five marines, two siege tanks, three firebats, two vultures, and three spider mines, and three spider mines just went off on yellow protoss. Yellow protoss has one reaver and four zealots, but the used to have three dragoons as well.

In the SC2 screenshot, red terran has maybe nine, maybe more marines, probably four medics, a planetary fortress, a barracks with attached reactor, a refinery, and five SCVs, while the possibly-purple zerg have a shit-ton of zerglings and maybe an exploding baneling. With another glance, it seems that the terran also have some bunkers or supply depots or something stuck in there, but it's too hard to see through the clouds of blood and baneling juice. I vote for SC1 on visibility.

None.

Oct 26 2008, 7:32 am BeDazed Post #72

What are the giant red blood blobs? If that's a death animation, that seriously needs to be toned down. As does the big green glowing.... thing. There is so little contrast between the red player and all that blood.
The red thing is definately a death animation. And the big green glowing thing is when baneling pops.

None.

Oct 26 2008, 10:22 pm Vi3t-X Post #73

Picture 1: The Protoss have failsauced at micro.

Picture 2: Marines and a Planetary Fortress defending against a wave of zerglings. A baneling has popped.
Minor terrain base with two supply depots (or maybe a bunker). And a barracks with addon (I forget what that is).
Its a colony base!

None.

Oct 27 2008, 2:05 pm Devourer Post #74

Hello

Quote from Vi3t-X
Picture 1: The Protoss have failsauced at micro.

Picture 2: Marines and a Planetary Fortress defending against a wave of zerglings. A baneling has popped.
Minor terrain base with two supply depots (or maybe a bunker). And a barracks with addon (I forget what that is).
Its a colony base!

generator is that addon called... I think it allows you to give 5 more build-plans to that building
there is another addon (i think it was called Labor or sth like that) which unlocks some units...^^

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 27 2008, 10:19 pm dumbducky Post #75

Quote from Syphon
Quote from chuiu
Your resolution arguement is still invalid. This is a resolution getting squished into a smaller resolution for streaming video. Not high resolution vs low resolution in normal circumstances. Here's what I'm talking about:

Company of Heroes in 1280x1024 resized down to 300 x 225:

Company of Heroes in 1024x768 resized down to 300 x 225:

Company of Heroes in 800x600 resized down to 300 x 225:

Notice how they all fucking look the same? That's because resolution doesn't matter.
]

Actually, they are different. Opera's lets you drap-and-drop images on pages. When you drag the image, Opera creates a transparent version of it. I overlayed the images on each other and they don't line up quite the same.

tits

Oct 28 2008, 12:58 am Marine Post #76

Quote from Vi3t-X
Actually. I just noticed, you are right. But thats because the Zerg turned into giant purple fruitballs.
He's right...

Quote from FatalException

In the SC1 screenshot, purple terran owns five marines, two siege tanks, three firebats, two vultures, and three spider mines, and three spider mines just went off on yellow protoss. Yellow protoss has one reaver and four zealots, but the used to have three dragoons as well.

In the SC2 screenshot, red terran has maybe nine, maybe more marines, probably four medics, a planetary fortress, a barracks with attached reactor, a refinery, and five SCVs, while the possibly-purple zerg have a shit-ton of zerglings and maybe an exploding baneling. With another glance, it seems that the terran also have some bunkers or supply depots or something stuck in there, but it's too hard to see through the clouds of blood and baneling juice. I vote for SC1 on visibility.

and what is happening in the second picture???? SC2 is going to be a hard game to switch to.. especially because they're making it a trilogy (terran, zerg, toss) as diff campeigns and diff games... which is BS...

None.

Oct 30 2008, 1:57 am Falkoner Post #77

For one, I'd say that if you have a friggin' full screen sitting in front of you, it's probably going to look just fine in SC2, yes, SC1 was easy, but there was no texture and the graphics sucked, not to mention you've been playing SC for what, over 8 years? Dontcha think you'd more quickly recognize what's going on in it?

None.

Oct 30 2008, 3:35 am Vi3t-X Post #78

Not to mention these graphics are part of StarCraft's Alpha Stage.

Before you know it, next year they scrap this engine and use a completely new engine. :bleh:

None.

Nov 4 2008, 12:12 am KrayZee Post #79

Quote from Vi3t-X
Not to mention these graphics are part of StarCraft's Alpha Stage.

Before you know it, next year they scrap this engine and use a completely new engine. :bleh:
It would be sick if they use their cinematic engine as a game engine. And I'm not talking about the briefing lobby, I'm talking about the gameplay in general.

None.

Nov 7 2008, 3:02 am FatalException Post #80

You mean like World in Conflict does?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >
  Back to forum