Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: starcraft2 is to colorfull?
starcraft2 is to colorfull?
Oct 19 2008, 4:31 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >

Oct 21 2008, 2:24 pm KrayZee Post #21

Here is the storyboard video.

Note the spines shooting at Sarah Kerrigan is certainly not liquid acid green and is solid, and the mutated scythe originally seen from StarCraft II concept.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 2:59 pm chuiu Post #22

I think you should read my post again, KrayZee. I'll bold the important parts for you to avoid confusion:

SC1 cinematic Zerg LOOKS like SC1 Zerg.

SC2 cinematic Zerg LOOKS like SC2 Zerg.

SC2 Zerg LOOKS NOTHING LIKE SC1 Zerg.

Spines is what Hydralisks have always shot (needle spines is the correct name). The green 'acid' you call it isn't acid at all. And the hydralisk 'scythe' as you call it is inconsistent as you can see hydralisks towards the end with old ones.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2008, 11:17 pm by chuiu.

Oct 21 2008, 5:37 pm InsolubleFluff Post #23

StarCraft 2 looks better then StarCraft 1. It looks smoother then Warcraft 3. There is a lot more mapping aspects, units are cooler, I think it's fair to assume you're all criticizing something stupid really (except those defending the game, good job :D!)
Also to whoever said that pylon thing, I personally would like to see Red Pylons, it's cool....

None.

Oct 21 2008, 7:01 pm Vi3t-X Post #24

Christmas Lights, reinvented.

None.

Oct 22 2008, 4:22 am The Great Yam Post #25

I don't see why people in favor of the game feel it's necessary to say "Well you're just wrong and pointing out something that's not wrong at all so you should just shut up, but people who are expressing a point of view that is inline with mine, you are right, you go girl!".

Your opinion is that the game looks "fine", but it's not ours, nor is it fact. It's a matter of subjective opinions.

I personally dislike the models because they simply don't distinguish well from one another and don't distinguish well enough from each other. Even if you like the game, you've got to admit, those masses of zerglings are really hard to distinguish individually. This is a game where you conduct wars, not RTS were the coolest looking laser gun does the most damage.

If it's cluttered, excessively shadowed, lighted, or simply hard to distinguish object it's not going to be fun to play. Your "next generation graphics" be damned, alot of the screenshots show a game that hardly looks playable. But I must say, the Protoss have started to look excellent, and have probably looked the best throughout. The Terran are getting better, but they have too many goofy combos of bright red and yellow on buildings and units for no good reason.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 22 2008, 4:28 am by The Great Yam.

None.

Oct 22 2008, 5:42 am Madroc Post #26

I agree. In a way I think the worse graphics of Starcraft 1 and Diablo 2 are much more attractive than Warcraft 3's graphics, for instance.

I'm looking forward to new adventures with SC2 tho!!!

None.

Oct 22 2008, 6:26 am BeDazed Post #27

I don't see why people in favor of the game feel it's necessary to say "Well you're just wrong and pointing out something that's not wrong at all so you should just shut up, but people who are expressing a point of view that is inline with mine, you are right, you go girl!".

Your opinion is that the game looks "fine", but it's not ours, nor is it fact. It's a matter of subjective opinions.

I personally dislike the models because they simply don't distinguish well from one another and don't distinguish well enough from each other. Even if you like the game, you've got to admit, those masses of zerglings are really hard to distinguish individually. This is a game where you conduct wars, not RTS were the coolest looking laser gun does the most damage.

If it's cluttered, excessively shadowed, lighted, or simply hard to distinguish object it's not going to be fun to play. Your "next generation graphics" be damned, alot of the screenshots show a game that hardly looks playable. But I must say, the Protoss have started to look excellent, and have probably looked the best throughout. The Terran are getting better, but they have too many goofy combos of bright red and yellow on buildings and units for no good reason.
Then don't fucking play. It's not like you can differentiate zerglings any better than on SC then on SC2. Because I can differentiate them just fine too.

None.

Oct 22 2008, 1:40 pm chuiu Post #28

Zerglings aren't the only problem and yes it is way easier to tell SC lings apart from each other compared to SC2 lings. Saying 'don't fucking play' isn't a solution to this very real problem Blizzard has created.

None.

Oct 22 2008, 10:29 pm Vi3t-X Post #29

Actually, zerglings in StarCraft 2 are EASIER to see, not only due to increased resolution, but general growth in size, and are more distinquishable.

And remember, this is an ALPHA.

None.

Oct 22 2008, 11:03 pm Falkoner Post #30

Most of the pics out there are of the original renders, the newest ones look a lot more rugged and Starcrafty.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 7:31 am BeDazed Post #31

don't fucking play
It's a very real solution. If you don't like it don't play it. Whoever told you to like a game someone else created?

None.

Oct 23 2008, 1:46 pm chuiu Post #32

Quote from BeDazed
don't fucking play
It's a very real solution. If you don't like it don't play it. Whoever told you to like a game someone else created?
The problem: not being able to decipher units from each other in large groups. This applies to most Zerg as they have 200% more crap on them (spikes, wings, vibrating dildo's).

The solution: Ignore BeDazed and fix the problem.

Sounds good to me.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 1:58 pm BeDazed Post #33

Sounds good to me.
Very unlikely, since spikes, wings, and vibrating dildos has what Blizzard has been rooting for, It's time for you guys to choose. Because I highly doubt Blizzard gives a shit about what someone says about 'not liking how their Zergling looks', or not being able to tell the difference between units just because their eyes are unfortunently bad. It's not their problem, and for me its just a nuisance to hear that kind of bs. So you're going to come up to them and say STARCRAFT WAS BETTER BECAUSE IT WAS 2D AND VERY GOOD LOOKING, BECAUSE OF THAT I DONT WANT SC2 TO BE 3D- AND ITS TOO FLASHY? Like I said, don't like? Don't play.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 3:43 pm Devourer Post #34

Hello

so... blizzard should add a chooseable style option.... SC orginal or SC2 Style :P would be cool :>
anyway.... the mapeditor.... woaa... i just love it now xD I hope it holds what blizzard is promissing

btw: didn't thought that so many ppls are replying at this topic... I thought doodan or someone else would lock this Oo

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 23 2008, 9:39 pm Symmetry Post #35

Dungeon Master

Quote from BeDazed
Because I highly doubt Blizzard gives a shit about what someone says about 'not liking how their Zergling looks', or not being able to tell the difference between units just because their eyes are unfortunently bad.

The problem isn't necessarily the looks; it's the fact that a group of 10 zerglings is indistinguishable from a group of 11 zerglings.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 23 2008, 9:46 pm The Great Yam Post #36

And yes they do care, BeDazzled, if alot of people don't like their game graphics and can't play the game easily

THEY WON'T BUY IT.

If the interface and graphics suck, the reviews will rate it piss-poor, and word of mouth will be the final nail in the coffin. Why would they release alpha pictures if they weren't willing to listen to criticism and gamer opinion? It can help them improve their product and insure it will actually sell.

Don't bitch about us DISCUSSING IT, this is America, you Nazi bastard.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 9:46 pm Vi3t-X Post #37

A group of 10 moving zerglings that is...

Actually, I can distinguish a wave of 10 zerglings. I have a habbit of counting everything.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 10:14 pm BeDazed Post #38

If the interface and graphics suck, the reviews will rate it piss-poor, and word of mouth will be the final nail in the coffin. Why would they release alpha pictures if they weren't willing to listen to criticism and gamer opinion? It can help them improve their product and insure it will actually sell.

Don't bitch about us DISCUSSING IT, this is America, you Nazi bastard.
Yeah I will. Because your 'discussion' is bitching about how you can't differentiate 10 zerglings to 11 zerglings which are completely countable within a fraction of second. You're bitching about something thats not even contributing to game looks. You're not helping because all you're doing is bitching. Do you think I saw any kind of discussion in these kind of topics since last few months? NO. All you guys have done is to bitch and only to bitch. There were no constructive opinion whatsoever. I am not a Nazi, but you're a spoiled newage junk.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 10:32 pm chuiu Post #39

Quote from BeDazed

Sounds good to me.
Very unlikely, since spikes, wings, and vibrating dildos has what Blizzard has been rooting for, It's time for you guys to choose. Because I highly doubt Blizzard gives a shit about what someone says about 'not liking how their Zergling looks', or not being able to tell the difference between units just because their eyes are unfortunently bad. It's not their problem, and for me its just a nuisance to hear that kind of bs. So you're going to come up to them and say STARCRAFT WAS BETTER BECAUSE IT WAS 2D AND VERY GOOD LOOKING, BECAUSE OF THAT I DONT WANT SC2 TO BE 3D- AND ITS TOO FLASHY? Like I said, don't like? Don't play.
Maybe you didn't know this but Blizzard is designing SC2 with it being an esport in mind. Clarity is a huge aspect of a strategy game so they naturally want to work on making the game more visually clear. If not before beta you will see a lot of visual changes to units during beta to reflect this.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 11:49 pm ClansAreForGays Post #40

Quote from The Great Yam
And yes they do care, BeDazzled, if alot of people...
Archived

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >
  Back to forum