In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
Post #146 IskatuMesk Oct 10 2008, 3:05 pm
Post #148 IskatuMesk Oct 11 2008, 4:30 pm
Post #150 IskatuMesk Oct 11 2008, 4:52 pm
Well, presumably it would select itself or "0,0" if it doesn't have an immediate target. Or so I presumed. Then I gave the weapon the property to appear on the attacking unit. I also tried attack25 but no change. So, yeah, no death damage. It'd work for a moving unit I bet, just not death. :\
Here's one of my Kaloth testing videos.
This post was edited 2 times, last edit by IskatuMesk: Oct 11 2008, 5:37 pm.
Post #152 IskatuMesk Oct 12 2008, 3:38 pm
I took Ashara's $P and modded it for Kaloth Industries.
Right now they are unbeatable. Period. They get durnkics so fast the Undead AI doesn't even have tier2 by the time 6 of them and a huge fuckton of gunships show up on their door.
Also gunships are horrendously OP, like, even moreso than the battleship was.
Look forward to an upcoming video once I verify another crash has been fixed.
Post #153 IskatuMesk Oct 12 2008, 10:42 pm
So, some little bit of research.
- The AI isn't building Blood Tornados which are buildings converted into units.
- The Blood Tornado and the Gorgon (Lurker egg) are both a bit buggy. When you buid the Blood Tornado, it has two "completed" research bars; stimpacks, and infantry armor, which you can just cancel as they do nothing.
- The Gorgon will crash the game instantly if canceled while building.
- The AI has yet to actually train any Tornados in any of my tests, so I think I might jack the terran Turrets for these troublesome units, along with the Avatar whenever it gets created. Then the Undead unit count will be finished.
Some other stuff;
- Kaloth Industries is now playable. There is a NEW video containing footage with them right here:
- I haven't been able to get a hold of DoA to get an update on the limit expander issue. I'll gradually continue work (I'm in a depression slump right now so work is very slow), but if he can't fix it, I really have no choice but to stop and let the mod die. If such a case is to happen, I'll release what it is I have finished and any immediate things I can wrap up on. Then I'll be leaving.
Post #160 IskatuMesk Oct 15 2008, 2:17 am
Progress is very very slow lately. One of my videos got posted on TL by someone else through chance and I got a lot of positive remarks. So I hope DoA can fix the expander so the mod can be finished.
I modeled a handful of things so now I have a fairly big queue of stuff that needs to be put ingame, I just don't have the will or motivation to do it.
I am 100% confident the AI will not train buildings that are turned into units now, so the Blood Tornado will need to be changed, probably to a tank turret as I know those work (I used a lot of turrets in AO, hence why a bunch of units crash).
ITAS is going to be running it really fucking close on sprites for units and weapons. As so many units have hardcoded elements (Scourge, lurker, critters, ect...) and I can't use buildings for units, I'm also going to be cutting it extremely close on units as well. ITAS is using 42kb of the 65kb iscript.bin limit so I am also very limited on fancy effects and advanced unit scripts. I'm also probably going to be running really close on sounds entries for unique unit responses; all of the new responses will not have pissed lines, those slots are being used for other responses!
Basically, even if the expander gets fixed, ITAS is going to be balls deep in another man's ass when it comes to running close to the limits of Starcraft.
Should the expander be fixed, here's what I'm planning for the very late future (Like, close to an actual release);
- Modified menus, console graphics (Will probably use my old console graphics that were created for me in previous mods, like the DJ console in HK)
- CGI video intro complete with voice narration, gonna have to figure out some Max for this!
- Finding a solution to the need for custom wireframes and icons; these will be tough to solve, wireframes especially... can't hand make them, can't render them...
- Re-render/create all of the old Undead graphics so their texture and brightness are the same as the new ones.
Should DoA find that the expander crash cannot be fixed I'll immediately cancel the mod, release what has been done, and leave the community. Upon the mod's completion I'll also be leaving the community. This is my last mod. By community I mean CC, SEN, everything. I won't be reachable through any means. So if you have anything you want to say or any requests, now is the time to make them.
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None
NudeRaider -- way to break the chain, TF
TF- -- fart che style