Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
Sep 13 2008, 8:35 am
By: IskatuMesk
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 >

Oct 9 2008, 7:16 pm IskatuMesk Post #141

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from SubFocus
Does D2 handle transparency the same way SC's palette does or whatever?

Nope.

/edit

Also I've got a third video that shows the Blood Tornado. I am contemplating whether to upload it or not.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 9 2008, 8:23 pm Devourer Post #142

Hello

Quote from IskatuMesk
Yeah baja, I'm actually making use of what appears to be a lot of alpha and beta d2 graphics that never made it into the final game, along with some of the standard graphics. I've got some more I need to impliment and then it's off to hardcore photoshop manipulation for me. For example, I'm going to be using the alpha aura graphics as part of the new UD summoning animation.

Oh, and here's some of the new stuff.

If you haven't seen the video yet, the new XP worker

Kaloth Torpedo Cruiser/Destroyer

the worker looks damn nice!!! 1A ^^
the ship below is really cool!

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 9 2008, 8:41 pm IskatuMesk Post #143

Lord of the Locker Room

Kaloth beam-type corvette

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 9 2008, 10:55 pm Devourer Post #144

Hello

Quote from IskatuMesk

Kaloth beam-type corvette

Nice....
hey; you are making so much graphics....
how many are you going to make anymore???
fckng aweosme work!

the mod, when its done, should get a portal-news :D:D:D

Oct 10 2008, 12:14 am SubFocus Post #145

Quote from IskatuMesk
Also I've got a third video that shows the Blood Tornado. I am contemplating whether to upload it or not.

Yes plz, I'd like some more jerk off material.

Also. That beam type corvette looks very cool indeed. I think its appearance suits it well for the kind of ship it is.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 3:05 pm IskatuMesk Post #146

Lord of the Locker Room

Well, Kaloth Industries has barely been started on. Xenon Project is maybe a little over halfway done graphics-wise. So expect a lot more graphics, if I can keep focused on them. Right now work is very, very slow. One graphic a day is much too slow for my liking. But not much I can do about it, schizophrenia causes problems like that.

Oct 10 2008, 4:15 pm Devourer Post #147

Hello

Quote from IskatuMesk
Well, Kaloth Industries has barely been started on. Xenon Project is maybe a little over halfway done graphics-wise. So expect a lot more graphics, if I can keep focused on them. Right now work is very, very slow. One graphic a day is much too slow for my liking. But not much I can do about it, schizophrenia causes problems like that.
:D
each graphic you made so far looks great^^
so i'm also happy with "only" one new graphic a day :P

Oct 11 2008, 4:30 pm IskatuMesk Post #148

Lord of the Locker Room

Death damage and mobile refineries don't work. I'm not too surprised about the latter but the former is definitely strange considering that useweapon should work.

Not sure what to do with the mining ship, now.

Oct 11 2008, 4:44 pm Symmetry Post #149

Dungeon Master

Quote from IskatuMesk
Death damage and mobile refineries don't work. I'm not too surprised about the latter but the former is definitely strange considering that useweapon should work.

Doesn't it only work if the unit has a target? I've seen things like that before...

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 11 2008, 4:52 pm IskatuMesk Post #150

Lord of the Locker Room

Well, presumably it would select itself or "0,0" if it doesn't have an immediate target. Or so I presumed. Then I gave the weapon the property to appear on the attacking unit. I also tried attack25 but no change. So, yeah, no death damage. It'd work for a moving unit I bet, just not death. :\

edit/

Here's one of my Kaloth testing videos.

http://www.staff.samods.org/iskatumesk/Oct11-2008-10-23AM.avi

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2008, 5:37 pm by IskatuMesk.

Oct 11 2008, 7:19 pm HailFire Post #151

This is a metric fuckton of raging win.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 3:38 pm IskatuMesk Post #152

Lord of the Locker Room

I took Ashara's $P and modded it for Kaloth Industries.

Right now they are unbeatable. Period. They get durnkics so fast the Undead AI doesn't even have tier2 by the time 6 of them and a huge fuckton of gunships show up on their door.

Also gunships are horrendously OP, like, even moreso than the battleship was.

Look forward to an upcoming video once I verify another crash has been fixed.

Oct 12 2008, 10:42 pm IskatuMesk Post #153

Lord of the Locker Room

So, some little bit of research.

- The AI isn't building Blood Tornados which are buildings converted into units.

- The Blood Tornado and the Gorgon (Lurker egg) are both a bit buggy. When you buid the Blood Tornado, it has two "completed" research bars; stimpacks, and infantry armor, which you can just cancel as they do nothing.

- The Gorgon will crash the game instantly if canceled while building.

- The AI has yet to actually train any Tornados in any of my tests, so I think I might jack the terran Turrets for these troublesome units, along with the Avatar whenever it gets created. Then the Undead unit count will be finished.

Some other stuff;

- Kaloth Industries is now playable. There is a NEW video containing footage with them right here:

http://www.staff.samods.org/iskatumesk/Oct12-2008-10-23AM.avi

- I haven't been able to get a hold of DoA to get an update on the limit expander issue. I'll gradually continue work (I'm in a depression slump right now so work is very slow), but if he can't fix it, I really have no choice but to stop and let the mod die. If such a case is to happen, I'll release what it is I have finished and any immediate things I can wrap up on. Then I'll be leaving.

Oct 12 2008, 11:28 pm Corbo Post #154

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

LMAO, you got raped in your own video :P

fuck you all

Oct 12 2008, 11:55 pm Symmetry Post #155

Dungeon Master

AW HELL. I was downloading it, but Fx crashed. And I forgot to restart it. D:

Oct 13 2008, 12:12 am IskatuMesk Post #156

Lord of the Locker Room

download it fasterrrrr

Oct 13 2008, 1:39 am Corbo Post #157

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from name:Reindeer Breeder
AW HELL. I was downloading it, but Fx crashed. And I forgot to restart it. D:
Use IE :P

fuck you all

Oct 13 2008, 1:41 am Symmetry Post #158

Dungeon Master

Nah, I really just need a better IRC client. It does that in any browser.

Oct 13 2008, 5:55 pm SubFocus Post #159

I watched the video. It was short, but cool
Kaloth industries doesn't interest me as much as the other two.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 2:17 am IskatuMesk Post #160

Lord of the Locker Room

Progress is very very slow lately. One of my videos got posted on TL by someone else through chance and I got a lot of positive remarks. So I hope DoA can fix the expander so the mod can be finished.

I modeled a handful of things so now I have a fairly big queue of stuff that needs to be put ingame, I just don't have the will or motivation to do it.

I am 100% confident the AI will not train buildings that are turned into units now, so the Blood Tornado will need to be changed, probably to a tank turret as I know those work (I used a lot of turrets in AO, hence why a bunch of units crash).

ITAS is going to be running it really fucking close on sprites for units and weapons. As so many units have hardcoded elements (Scourge, lurker, critters, ect...) and I can't use buildings for units, I'm also going to be cutting it extremely close on units as well. ITAS is using 42kb of the 65kb iscript.bin limit so I am also very limited on fancy effects and advanced unit scripts. I'm also probably going to be running really close on sounds entries for unique unit responses; all of the new responses will not have pissed lines, those slots are being used for other responses!

Basically, even if the expander gets fixed, ITAS is going to be balls deep in another man's ass when it comes to running close to the limits of Starcraft.

Should the expander be fixed, here's what I'm planning for the very late future (Like, close to an actual release);

- Modified menus, console graphics (Will probably use my old console graphics that were created for me in previous mods, like the DJ console in HK)
- CGI video intro complete with voice narration, gonna have to figure out some Max for this!
- Finding a solution to the need for custom wireframes and icons; these will be tough to solve, wireframes especially... can't hand make them, can't render them...
- Re-render/create all of the old Undead graphics so their texture and brightness are the same as the new ones.

Should DoA find that the expander crash cannot be fixed I'll immediately cancel the mod, release what has been done, and leave the community. Upon the mod's completion I'll also be leaving the community. This is my last mod. By community I mean CC, SEN, everything. I won't be reachable through any means. So if you have anything you want to say or any requests, now is the time to make them.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum