Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
Sep 13 2008, 8:35 am
By: IskatuMesk
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 89 >

Oct 3 2008, 10:52 am IskatuMesk Post #101

Lord of the Locker Room

The Blood Tornado's alternate attack. It'll look a bit different (Right now the projectiles are too fast), but you get the gist. Large, single-target spike damage. About 800, without upgrades.

Its primary attack is considerably more ridiculous... but I'll leave that information for another day. ;)

/edit

Here's the Hydra's Plasma Glaive; it has a pretty cool animation.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2008, 11:57 am by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 3 2008, 4:03 pm SubFocus Post #102

I'm diggin' the tornadoes attack.

How do you go about making your custom graphics for these attacks?

None.

Oct 3 2008, 8:42 pm Sand Wraith Post #103

she/her

Hail, IskatuMesk.

He is a one-man modding team.

-

If I am correct, you also have a massive sound effects bank, IskatuMesk?

Oct 3 2008, 9:11 pm Corbo Post #104

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from IskatuMesk
Yeah... not worth the work honestly. Maybe later.

Corbo> Fall into... what ground? A Blood Tornado is the size of a large moon... and it uses psi drives. It's not going anywhere. ;P

It should eventually crash with a random planet in the whole universe :P

fuck you all

Oct 4 2008, 12:37 am IskatuMesk Post #105

Lord of the Locker Room

I have an enormous (10gb+) sound archive and a 100gb soundtrack archive. I can also create any SFX I need.

I hand-made the majority of attacks in ITAS including the blood bolt and Artemes' vortex. The Hydra's projectile I lifted from diablo 2.

Speaking of voices...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LFDhGkPges

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 4 2008, 12:57 am by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 4 2008, 2:04 am Symmetry Post #106

Dungeon Master

I really, really, really wish I could do that. Awesome stuff.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 4 2008, 9:30 am IskatuMesk Post #107

Lord of the Locker Room

Ah screw the formalities I'm just going to get the corvettes done.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 4 2008, 11:25 am by IskatuMesk.

Oct 7 2008, 6:47 am IskatuMesk Post #108

Lord of the Locker Room

Here's what I've done despite my depression swing in the past while;

- Changed machine shop and control tower to independent structures. Will probably become defensive structures.
- Began the process of adding the Missile and Laser corvettes for Xenon Project.
- Enabled the Undead Blood Tornado, replacing the Scourge. The Blood Tornado is the second Undead destroyer, an exceptionally powerful if somewhat fragile (2,500 hp at 850/500 or so cost) AoE destroyer with a random chance for a Bolt volley.
- Enabled the projectile graphic for the Hydra. The Hydra's projectile has a random chance per bounce to explode and deal bonus damage to its target, consuming the projectile.
- Processed the following unit responses: Gorgon, Artemes, Crusader
- Fixed the anti-ground (anti-station) attacks of the Xenon Battleship and Beam Frigate.
- Fixed the Undead Basic Summoning panel.
- Planned out in my head what I will do for the Fear. Expect something epic, even by my standards.
- Planned out in my head what I will do for the Zeral`Motakk, the Undead Battleship. This will be the last Undead capital ship to be added, leaving the remaining Undead units, being the Gryphon and the Blood Raven, to be created.

Plans for the near future;

- Add the Fear, the Zeral`Motakk, the Liquid Fusion Corvette&Frigate, the Azaan, and find projectile graphics for all of them. Find sound effects for them all. A TC isn't a TC without sounds.
- Enable the new ships for the AI.
- Voice act the Spirestorm, Zeral`Motakk, and others. Enable the responses for the Blood Tornado.
- Model some more Kaloth stations. Start on Xenon Project destroyer-classes.

Plans for the late future (If things go well, think two or three days)

- Enable the Kaloth Rocket Fighter, model more Kaloth strike craft.
- Enable the basic resource and construction system of Kaloth Industries, see if the AI will take it. If it doesn't I'll revert back to the standard system.

Upon completion of these I'll probably make an alpha trailer video.

Oct 7 2008, 3:09 pm SubFocus Post #109

Great to see that work still continues.

You've probably been asked this before, and if you have, I don't know if I saw the answer but
Do you have any plans to do a campaign, or appoint or allow someone to create one for you?
I find the In The Admieral's Service storyline to be quite interesting.

None.

Oct 7 2008, 3:19 pm IskatuMesk Post #110

Lord of the Locker Room

There will be no campaign.

Today I started off with doing the base data for the Zeral`Motakk. I expect it should be in pretty soon. I took a break to start my portrait editing. I've made four new Undead portraits.

Disappointingly I am restricted to kitbashes of existing resources for the time being.

/edit

Voiced the Zeral`Motakk

http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/ZeralMotakk.mp3

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 7 2008, 4:02 pm by IskatuMesk.

Oct 7 2008, 4:22 pm Devourer Post #111

Hello

they are cool, but the colors sucks... sorry xD

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 7 2008, 4:34 pm IskatuMesk Post #112

Lord of the Locker Room

Yeah, I'm no photoshop expert. If someone wants to do some portrait hackage for me I can send them source files.

/edit

Well, there's an enormous setback. Attackprojangle doesn't work the way I thought it did. It looks like I can't have my sweeping lasers or progressive beam waves like I was planning. So my ideas for the Fear, Zeral`Motakk, and Azaan will not work at all. Very, very bad.

Well... Not much I can do now but try to plan out something new for them.

/edit

Ah, every day is a double edged sword. You lose some, win some...

Found a whole mess of sound effects from various Transformer series. A lot of them will be quite useful.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 7 2008, 6:19 pm by IskatuMesk.

Oct 8 2008, 5:02 am FlyingHat Post #113

I think I may be able to chop up the portraits and make them look pretty. I'm willing to do some portrait muckery if you need.

None.

Oct 8 2008, 6:13 am IskatuMesk Post #114

Lord of the Locker Room

When I see you on msn I'll send you some dirty messages.

Oct 8 2008, 10:42 am Devourer Post #115

Hello

lulz xD
man comeon; can you make a good Zerg unit with more than one idle frame???
3D modeling has many pro's: draw one thing and you have "16" graphics.... thats many; so just make 5-10 3D models and you have a good unit with dile animation!
between; do someone have a GRP creator?? or is the only way to overwrite old GRP's?
can someone send me a link to "ticons.grp"? my retroGRP hangs up if i want to write these bitmaps out, i think its the program's fault, and not my PC's.... I hope... :D

Can you also make some good looking buildings?
gl hf; great work so far [except the portraits xD]

Oct 8 2008, 11:00 am Darkmapper Post #116

I tryed to make some graphics for myself, but they didn`t look very well :blush: , but these graphics are really nice. I`ll put some of them in my mod :clap:

None.

Oct 8 2008, 11:01 am Symmetry Post #117

Dungeon Master

Quote from Darkmapper
I tryed to make some graphics for myself, but they didn`t look very well :blush: , but these graphics are really nice. I`ll put some of them in my mod :clap:

Not without Mesk's permission you won't. Or he'll eat your babies.

And then I'll eat his shit.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 8 2008, 11:46 am Devourer Post #118

Hello

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
i hope it tastes.... BAH

Oct 8 2008, 1:44 pm IskatuMesk Post #119

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from Darkmapper
I`ll put some of them in my mod :clap:

No, you definitely will not.

Oct 8 2008, 4:18 pm SubFocus Post #120

Quote from IskatuMesk
Well, there's an enormous setback. Attackprojangle doesn't work the way I thought it did. It looks like I can't have my sweeping lasers or progressive beam waves like I was planning. So my ideas for the Fear, Zeral`Motakk, and Azaan will not work at all. Very, very bad.

What is it you were trying to accomplish?
Maybe there's another way.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 89 >
  Back to forum