Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Build-A-Ship Workshop RPG
Build-A-Ship Workshop RPG
Aug 10 2008, 7:36 am
By: Madroc
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 916 >

Sep 12 2008, 6:13 am Madroc Post #121

Sorry for the double posting but I'd like to notify people of the new post.

I just realized something; What's to stop us from having a regular unit AND a hero unit for the main characters and ALSO using those exact same units as enemies?

Because we are using vHP we can make the health of the character more than that of the enemy or whatever (the character will ALWAYS be invincible). The only variable that has to be the same for the character and the enemy is the amount of damage being dealt. However making the life of the enemy less has the same effect as increasing the damage dealt by the character. Making the life of the enemy more has the same effect as decreasing the damage dealt by the character.

Am I right? Can't we have a regular and hero of the characters and also have those same units as enemies as well?

I can't believe I didn't think of this before :bleh:

PS - Impeached I will have your (sample) assignment ready soon; I just finished my assignment yesterday. You are still interested I assume?

None.

Sep 12 2008, 2:43 pm Impeached Post #122

Yippers.

None.

Sep 13 2008, 12:56 am Hug A Zergling Post #123

haha they remind me of space invaders :P especially the queen.
(Doo-----doo-----doo-----doo---- *space invader sounds*)

None.

Sep 13 2008, 10:32 pm Biophysicist Post #124

My computer is back! I can work on this again!

And you're right madroc, we could share heroes between players and enemies. Win.

*tries to hug zergling, but gets face ripped off instead*

None.

Sep 14 2008, 5:48 am Madroc Post #125

This is great news!!
Impeached, if you still want to help, I can divvy up the work between you two. It's ok if you don't want to do it though! :)

If you choose not to continue with us and you haven't started on your assignment, notify me.

If you choose to continue, great!

Oh and Zling - lol, yeah it does look like space invaders. Maybe the boss battle will be on a ship shaped like a space invader! :P I dunno just a thought

None.

Sep 14 2008, 10:05 am Biophysicist Post #126

Well, not so great, I have to be careful not to be on the computer for too long or else it goes bye-bye again.

Oh, and how about an ICC for a boss? It can use create Infested Terrans as its attack.

None.

Sep 14 2008, 7:38 pm Madroc Post #127

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Well, not so great, I have to be careful not to be on the computer for too long or else it goes bye-bye again.

Oh, and how about an ICC for a boss? It can use create Infested Terrans as its attack.

Darn, well that's ok, the map doesn't have to be going that fast. Like how long can you be on it a day?

Lol, ICC for boss? Well I was SORT of thinking that MAYBE the last boss would be inside a huge ship. You would sort of enter it like the millenium falcon entering the death star, I guess. Then you'd have to work through the ship and kill all the creep colonies (or something) in it to reach and kill the final boss (cerebrate). Probably not tho. What do you think of this idea? Do you think that you should just have to kill all the bosses and then it center views on a cerebrate which kerrigan kills and you get game over? I think that's the best idea. KISS, keep it simple, stupid.

None.

Sep 14 2008, 7:51 pm Biophysicist Post #128

I don't know how much I can be on, depends on how much my brother plays SC.

I had meant just an ICC floating around that you shoot at, not going inside it.

None.

Sep 14 2008, 8:05 pm Madroc Post #129

Oh, ok, haha.

Well in the starcraft story the ICC's didn't really work like that. They weren't bosses really. So it doesn't seem right to me. :><:

None.

Sep 15 2008, 2:17 am Biophysicist Post #130

Your map, you're in charge. I just though it looked like it could be a big infested warship or something.

Maybe the final boss can be a ring of Photon Cannons, Sunken Colonies, Bunkers, with the Cerebrate in the middle, and air units flying around? Maybe add in a few Nydus Canals and create land units (mostly Hydralisks and Infested Terrans, I'd guess) so the Queen and Science Vessel can do something.

So, awaiting assignment. Or should I just do the tutorials? (I'll work on them until you answer; that way if you wanted me to do them I have them partially done already.)

None.

Sep 15 2008, 3:09 am Madroc Post #131

I finished the tutorials and then promptly handed off the map to Impeached to start working on vHP units. Right now we have to wait to see what Impeached is up to. I'll pm him. But don't start working on the tutorials. I'll try to get an assignment to you ASAP so you can start working! But until I get a reply from Impeached, all you can really do is terraining, and then we can copy/paste it into the current map. If you like you could do the starting base. I'd like for it to be space-station themedish, but sort of a good place to settle down for a base, and there should be a place where supplies (flags) are created. (in case you don't remember, once you kill enough guys, a flag (supplies) is created at the base). Oh and the base would be in the lower left hand corner. That would be helpful. But if you just want to sit tight until the next assignment, it shouldn't be too long.

I like your idea for the final boss, I was thinking sort of the same thing.

Hey I have a questions - in SCMdraft you can copy/paste triggers, right? How does this work? Does this mean that two people can do two different assignments at the same time and then copy/paste them into the map?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2008, 3:16 am by madroc.

None.

Sep 15 2008, 7:41 pm Biophysicist Post #132

1. I'll see what I can do.

2. Rawrz.

3. I honestly don't know, I would assume so though. (If not you could just use the text-based trigger editing mode and copy-paste the text...)

None.

Sep 16 2008, 3:09 am Madroc Post #133

3. Huh, that means that more than one person can work on the map at one time, no? Nice! I'll e-mail you your assignment!

None.

Sep 16 2008, 4:45 am Impeached Post #134

Meh I'm not really getting into this well..It's hard to dive into a stranger's triggers, when they're all unorganized.

Mind if I drop ou--YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT--t?

None.

Sep 16 2008, 5:08 am Madroc Post #135

Heh, alright, it's no biggie.

It means a lot that you tried to help the map in its time of need, you're cool for that.

None.

Sep 16 2008, 10:24 am Biophysicist Post #136

He is right about the triggers though, some commenting would help. :P

None.

Sep 16 2008, 5:12 pm Madroc Post #137

You're true, you're true... It's just that I don't want to run into trouble with strings like I did in one of my last maps... Perhaps we could make the first trigger of a new section be a comment, do you agree? If so, would you do that for the triggers of your assignments from now on?

None.

Sep 17 2008, 3:14 pm Biophysicist Post #138

Sure. Should the comment be a "trigger" with its only condition as "Never" and its only action as the trigger? Or should I just add the comment to the first trigger of a section?

But why am I helping you anyway, seeing as you didn't nominate me for SEN Arena? (mega jk, of course)

None.

Sep 17 2008, 5:03 pm Madroc Post #139

Just add the comment to the first trigger of a section.

haha, sorry, me go do it right now.

None.

Sep 17 2008, 5:37 pm Biophysicist Post #140

...What part of jk do you not understand?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 916 >
  Back to forum