Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Build-A-Ship Workshop RPG
Build-A-Ship Workshop RPG
Aug 10 2008, 7:36 am
By: Madroc
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 616 >

Aug 29 2008, 11:03 pm Madroc Post #61

Right but what if there are two missile turrets and the scv is right in between like this o.o (. is scv)? THERE is no way to know which one he is repairing.

Right?

None.

Aug 29 2008, 11:58 pm Biophysicist Post #62

Hahaha, teh lulz. Turret Scv Turret... lol.

I have to agree with Madroc there. If we could figure out some way to figure out which one it was, that would be great (So Terran buildings don't burn and Zerg buildings don't heal), but not really necessary. Madroc has discovered what I call "vvHP": Virtual virtual hit points. The system he has works fine. (Especially if you want the burning/healing m.)

None.

Aug 30 2008, 1:37 am Madroc Post #63

Lol vvHP. Nice call.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 2:31 am Biophysicist Post #64

Thanks. So, did you want the burning Terran buildings, regenerating Protoss shields, and healing Zerg organ thingies? Just wondering.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 2:45 am Impeached Post #65

Your system could be changed a bit for easier triggers & playability.

Let's say you have a battleship interior, with 5 build slots. If you build a missile turret on the nose, on your battleship in the air a valkyrie is created, using ground mobile grid to keep it at the nose. If you build an academy on the right wing of the BC, a wraith is created and mobile grid-ed to the right of your BC, etc etc etc. If any of these weapons are destroyed, the corresponding building inside is destroyed.

Idea any good?

None.

Aug 30 2008, 2:55 am Biophysicist Post #66

I'm not madroc, but I'm pretty sure if I was I would say "No". For one thing, there are more that just weapon buildings (Small/Large Armor, Enable Signature Spell/Feat, Hero Form, most of the Zerg buildings, etc.) so a normal vHP (for the air units) system must be used.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 5:35 am Madroc Post #67

Quote from Impeached

Let's say you have a battleship interior, with 5 build slots. If you build a missile turret on the nose, on your battleship in the air a valkyrie is created, using ground mobile grid to keep it at the nose. If you build an academy on the right wing of the BC, a wraith is created and mobile grid-ed to the right of your BC, etc etc etc. If any of these weapons are destroyed, the corresponding building inside is destroyed.

Idea any good?

Damn that is such a cool idea. I say damn cuz we are so far in the concepting. It sounds like such an amazing awesome idea.

The bad thing is that the only flyers we have left are a mutalisk, a guardian, a dropship (which i would rather conserve), a scout and 2 battlecruisers which are too big to use. Yeah. Literally. No wraiths, sci vessels, valkyries, devourers, queens, scourges, arbiters, carriers, shuttles, kakarus, or overlords left. If I used this system, then there would be 2 battlecruisers left for enemies and I want there to be as many flyers left as possible.

Sad face :(

Oh yeah and like Tazz said we have way too many different buildings for the amount of flyers we have left.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 6:25 am Impeached Post #68

You guys are going way too big a scale anyway. You will run out of motivation waaaaay before you do even half of the ships/features you have planned.

I think the game would be fine with maybe one ship per race, and not an OVERWHELMING amount of things to choose from.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 1:36 pm Kaias Post #69

Quote from Madroc
Right but what if there are two missile turrets and the scv is right in between like this o.o (. is scv)? THERE is no way to know which one he is repairing.
Right?
Control when you can repair then. Just have it so that it won't give you the gas to repair until it can tell which building the scv would be repairing (only close enough to one building of its kind)
Quote from Impeached

Idea any good?
Ground Mobile Grids don't work well at all and if you went over some terrain of slightest complexity it will screw up. Not to mention constant mobile grids is a pretty lag inducing technique. Its pretty pointless anyway to keep them locked in a certain formation, you can't tell where a Ship is facing anyway.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 2:25 pm Biophysicist Post #70

@Impeached: NO. Were gonna do this. Who says we'll run out of motivation?

@Kaias: Hm, good idea. Let's see what madroc says though.

EDIT: Madroc, what are we using Kakarus, Devourers, and Valkeries for? Enemies? And what about the Corsair?

And I thought we where going to put the Dropship inside the cutouts so the worker can't get stuck? Or were we going to use Shuttles for that? Or am I stupid/confused...

None.

Aug 30 2008, 2:50 pm Impeached Post #71

Me, obviously. :bleh:

I hope you don't, though. If you manage to finish a project this big, you will be uncommonly perservering.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 4:24 pm Kaias Post #72

Quote from Impeached
Me, obviously. :bleh:

I hope you don't, though. If you manage to finish a project this big, you will be uncommonly perservering.
I have to agree though, three guys working on the same map for so long?

None.

Aug 30 2008, 4:32 pm Madroc Post #73

Quote from Impeached
You guys are going way too big a scale anyway. You will run out of motivation waaaaay before you do even half of the ships/features you have planned.

I think the game would be fine with maybe one ship per race, and not an OVERWHELMING amount of things to choose from.

My rifle map had about as many triggers as I'm anticipating this to have and I should have run out of motivation half way through it. Now I'm just running out 2 hours before it's done...

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Madroc
Right?
Control when you can repair then. Just have it so that it won't give you the gas to repair until it can tell which building the scv would be repairing (only close enough to one building of its kind)
Quote from Impeached

Idea any good?
Ground Mobile Grids don't work well at all and if you went over some terrain of slightest complexity it will screw up. Not to mention constant mobile grids is a pretty lag inducing technique. Its pretty pointless anyway to keep them locked in a certain formation, you can't tell where a Ship is facing anyway.

Yeah I don't like that idea because 1. We need gas for something else and 2. it seems like a more complicated system than just vvHP(teehee). What's wrong with vvHP again?

Good point. Techincally we COULD figure out what way a ship is facing but it would be ugly. I didn't think about how ugly ground mobile grids could get. All in all, this is a pretty bad idea unless someone posts a groundbreaking idea on it.
Quote from name:TassadarZeratul

@Kaias: Hm, good idea. Let's see what madroc says though.

EDIT: Madroc, what are we using Kakarus, Devourers, and Valkeries for? Enemies? And what about the Corsair?

And I thought we where going to put the Dropship inside the cutouts so the worker can't get stuck? Or were we going to use Shuttles for that? Or am I stupid/confused...
Kakarus are being used by the arbiter special and i think the battlecruiser special. The corsair turns into a valkyrie (yes the corsair is a ship). Mutalisks turn into devourers and there is no extra devourer. I WANT to use the dropship for that, but we COULD use shuttles. I'd rather NOT use the shuttle because we will ALSO be using the shuttle for lightspeed.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 30 2008, 4:42 pm by madroc.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 4:46 pm Kaias Post #74

Quote from Madroc
Yeah I don't like that idea because 1. We need gas for something else and 2. it seems like a more complicated system than just vvHP(teehee). What's wrong with vvHP again?
Its sloppy is all. Can't spare ore either?

Ah well. Your choice.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 5:46 pm Madroc Post #75

Yeah I guess it is kind of crappy because of the wraith having to be created...

Now that I think about it the wraith can't be used for this because both are already being used. Why didn't i think of this before.

Nevertheless the system is still better than having to resort to vHP. vvHP would be SO much easier to do, too.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 6:03 pm Biophysicist Post #76

Egads! I created a new term!

So, back to using Ghosts I take it? I'm actually kinda glad if we use them, it would actually make the Damage Spreader for the Zerg easier. (Cause we can devote a hero Ghost just to vvHP, so I can set its attack to 1 or something and use more than one of them...)

None.

Aug 30 2008, 6:28 pm Madroc Post #77

Hmm yeah I think that would work ok.

I have a question - why don't we just use zerglings (and note to Tazz zealots for the damage spreader) to damage the buildings instead of ghosts? It would create it right next to the building so it should work and then it wouldn't be able to target other buildings that are in progress...? This would work right?

And for those of you who don't know what the damage spreader is it is a zerg building. I will probably post the list of zerg buildings tomorrow after we semi-finalize them.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 6:34 pm Kaias Post #78

Quote from Madroc
Hmm yeah I think that would work ok.

I have a question - why don't we just use zerglings (and note to Tazz zealots for the damage spreader) to damage the buildings instead of ghosts? It would create it right next to the building so it should work and then it wouldn't be able to target other buildings that are in progress...? This would work right?

And for those of you who don't know what the damage spreader is it is a zerg building. I will probably post the list of zerg buildings tomorrow after we semi-finalize them.
It'd probably be easier to move the building somewhere else where an ultra or something hits it and then move it back (And move a dummy of the building in it's place while its being hurt.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 7:18 pm Madroc Post #79

INTERESTING idea.... It would actually be a little harder but no zergling would show up.

The only problem I can think of is that the scv would stop repairing it.

With that in mind the other system would be better.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 9:49 pm Biophysicist Post #80

I second the Zergling idea.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 616 >
  Back to forum