Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Build-A-Ship Workshop RPG
Build-A-Ship Workshop RPG
Aug 10 2008, 7:36 am
By: Madroc
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 516 >

Aug 19 2008, 3:36 am Impeached Post #41

It takes 6 hyper trigger cycles for a wraith to be created, attack moved, and shoot a laser. That would be the best method of damage, I think. Ghosts' damage is lessened vs buildings, so it would be harder to calculate.

None.

Aug 19 2008, 3:55 am Madroc Post #42

I believe that all units deal either 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25% damage against any particular unit.

Nonetheless, 6 cycles is a good compromise. Thanks!

None.

Aug 19 2008, 6:13 am Madroc Post #43

Problem with the zerg ships - Look at the creep!! It is so friggin ugly and it wont even extend far at all.

Essentially this means no zerg ships. God that is ugly. So sorry. I wish we could. Unless anyone has any ideas there will be no zerg ships :(

Sorry for the double post.

None.

Aug 19 2008, 6:18 am Biophysicist Post #44

Make the ship out of Creep, you can place it in an advanced editor. Making it bigger might also help.

None.

Aug 19 2008, 6:27 am Madroc Post #45

Yeah that works but you can't build on the stuff and therefore you cannot build on the sides nor the very bottom, which makes no sense.

None.

Aug 19 2008, 6:33 am Biophysicist Post #46

Okay... The problem is that Creep doesn't go across small areas. I think it only extends across areas of four or more rectangular tiles, but I'm not sure of the number. That looks to be your problem, the things are too small. I can't do it now, but maybe tomorrow I might be able to get it working in addition to whatever else you want me to do.

None.

Aug 19 2008, 6:48 am Morphling Post #47

You could do like in this map but center a loction on a zerg building and remove creep there then give it away. When you have no more zerg buildings give it all back.

Attachments:
RemoveCreep.scm
Hits: 3 Size: 51.29kb

None.

Aug 19 2008, 6:57 am Madroc Post #48

Awesome map, but how could I "Give it all back?" Not to mention create it in the first place.

None.

Aug 25 2008, 1:38 am Biophysicist Post #49

Update for those people thinking this is dead. I have finished the Guardian and am pretty close to finishing the Overlord. There will be at least one Zerg ship.

None.

Aug 25 2008, 7:42 am Madroc Post #50

Yes, work has been very slow but steady.\

And the creep problem has been solved.

None.

Aug 26 2008, 1:59 am Biophysicist Post #51

Hey madroc, you plan on responding to my PM?

None.

Aug 26 2008, 4:43 am Kaias Post #52

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Should probably keep that in a PM too.

Quote from Madroc
I believe that all units deal either 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25% damage against any particular unit.

Do you not understand how explosive, normal and concussive damage work?

None.

Aug 27 2008, 7:08 am Madroc Post #53

Quote from Kaias

Quote from Madroc

1. Yah I agree; Tazz please don't spam up the forums.

2. I understand it although I could use some brushing up. But frankly that is beside the point.

None.

Aug 28 2008, 5:19 am Kaias Post #54

A few things-
I would definitely switch to a PvP map over a PvE for many reasons. To me this idea is pretty good (actually I had something similar for a Mass Effect game I was making but quit) but it seems to be geared more to work for a PvP map. Having your own ship is cool, but boarding other player's ships and defending your own ship from being boarded sounds like a great dynamic to add to the game. Additionally, it gives you better freedom as to what you can do as you don't need to do physical damage, only virtual damage (make the whole thing VHP). Also this way you can add more interesting effects to your damage (like proton torpedoes do most of their damage to the weapons systems). It'd be easier too. The fact of the matter is that this would be better suited for PvP and it would lose its sparkle for the PvP after its been washed out over a PvE.

Also I understand that it has become a group project, and a PvP would be easier to make (as I think groups make it more difficult, but there are more ideas that way). From the progress report at the beginning it seems you aren't very far so you may as well switch now if you can. Plus this map seems to be more about a concept than a story, which makes it easy to switch.

Furthermore, I would suggest doing your own theme. Failing that, don't do starwars but instead a starcraft theme (which there seem to be surprisingly few of). Of course, maybe I'm only saying this because I despise what Starwars has become.

None.

Aug 28 2008, 6:39 am Bolshevik Post #55

Quote from Madroc
Quote from Kaias

Quote from Madroc

2. I understand it although I could use some brushing up. But frankly that is beside the point.

the point is that your creating this map and no one else is, do what you feel is necessary :rolleyes:

None.

Aug 28 2008, 4:54 pm Madroc Post #56

Hmm bolshevik I dont know what you mean by that :dontgetit: but I'd like to restate that yeah I'd still certainly like suggestions/ideas..

None.

Aug 28 2008, 8:49 pm Kaias Post #57

Too add to my suggestions, if you have a resources to spare, have repairing cost a certain amount of ore and whenever it goes down, add to the virtual vhp of the building based on how much you spent repairing.

None.

Aug 29 2008, 2:52 am KyleIs1337 Post #58

Quote from Bolshevik
Quote from Madroc
Quote from Kaias

Quote from Madroc

the point is that your creating this map and no one else is, do what you feel is necessary :rolleyes:

*Ahem* I beg to differ? Me and Madroc and Tassadar are working on this map...

None.

Aug 29 2008, 3:47 am Madroc Post #59

Quote from Kaias
Too add to my suggestions, if you have a resources to spare, have repairing cost a certain amount of ore and whenever it goes down, add to the virtual vhp of the building based on how much you spent repairing.

That exact thing was my original plan but if you had 2 buildings right next to eachother then how would you know which one the scv was repairing?

I decided to simply make it so that when a zergling underneath you dies, a wraith is created, a random building in your base is chosen, and the wraith shoots that building once and then is removed. That way you can repair a building and it can burn down.

Oh and Kyle and Tazz sorry I should have defended you :P

None.

Aug 29 2008, 8:16 pm Kaias Post #60

Quote from Madroc
Quote from Kaias

That exact thing was my original plan but if you had 2 buildings right next to eachother then how would you know which one the scv was repairing?

I decided to simply make it so that when a zergling underneath you dies, a wraith is created, a random building in your base is chosen, and the wraith shoots that building once and then is removed. That way you can repair a building and it can burn down.

Oh and Kyle and Tazz sorry I should have defended you :P
Detect the rates they go down.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 516 >
  Back to forum