Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: George W Bush
George W Bush
Aug 9 2008, 12:15 am
By: Echo
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >

Aug 12 2008, 4:54 am DT_Battlekruser Post #61

Who the hell writes this stuff? We here might understand the question, but try asking that to a 10 year old, much less require them to read it and actually understand what it wants.

I still think you should be given credit for any answer if you can adequately justify it in a one-paragraph response.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 4:50 am Echo Post #62

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Echo
When did I admit that I was a republican? Read, I never said I was. I am not in any political affliction.
Calling Liberals terrorists?
Liberals and republicans are in two different categories. You can be a liberal republican or a conservative republican.

And what I wrote was basically what I thought. I didn't have any sources to write it.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 4:27 pm midget_man_66 Post #63

I am on your side echo... i dont believe that calling liberals terrorists classifies you as a republican, But i think that it is contradictory to say that a republican can be a liberal. Republicans have conservative viewpoints. some democrats dont agree, so they call republicans "Conservatives" and often it is used as a curse, the same goes for Democrats have liberal viewpoints, and the republicans don't like them so they call them "Liberals"

I am on your side, but i just dont agree that one can be the other. I think bush just got unlucky, having to deal with nine eleven and all. Given that kind of frame to work with, this was the time for a president to make hard decisions.... not to be a favored celebrity by all.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 5:41 pm MillenniumArmy Post #64

Quote from midget_man_66
I am on your side echo... i dont believe that calling liberals terrorists classifies you as a republican, But i think that it is contradictory to say that a republican can be a liberal. Republicans have conservative viewpoints. some democrats dont agree, so they call republicans "Conservatives" and often it is used as a curse, the same goes for Democrats have liberal viewpoints, and the republicans don't like them so they call them "Liberals"

I am on your side, but i just dont agree that one can be the other. I think bush just got unlucky, having to deal with nine eleven and all. Given that kind of frame to work with, this was the time for a president to make hard decisions.... not to be a favored celebrity by all.
Party affiliations, ideologies, etc. are almost always going to have some contradiction. Just because you are declared to be something doesn't mean that you have to agree with everything they believe in.

With that said, as for this Republicans, Democrats, liberals, and conservatives thing that people like to label each other with, I don't like it when I associate myself with any of these groups. If I call myself Republican, I may have quite "liberal" stances which may be going in a complete opposite way. I look at issues themselves individually and independently and I believe that's what people should do, and not just blindly affiliate themselves like sheep.

And, what I really don't like either is when people call themselves "liberals" or "conservatives" soley on their stances on moral and social issues; such things are petty and pale in comparision to what really matters: economy, foreign/domestic issues, anything that affects not you only but everyone, etc etc. Go through any history textbook and you'll see that people are "conservative" when they believe <insert stance> is best for our country and that people are "liberal" when they believe <insert stance> is best for our country.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 5:49 pm KrayZee Post #65

Quote from Echo
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Echo
When did I admit that I was a republican? Read, I never said I was. I am not in any political affliction.
Calling Liberals terrorists?
Liberals and republicans are in two different categories. You can be a liberal republican or a conservative republican.

And what I wrote was basically what I thought. I didn't have any sources to write it.
That's not what I'm saying...

From using rockz' picture, Tax & Spend = Terrorist?

None.

Aug 14 2008, 5:53 pm Echo Post #66

Yeah, Bush just got unlucky like dealing with this. Everything went down hill after 9/11 and he tried his best to protect our country afterwards.

I just want to mention this recent picture.

Some idiot put this to show that Bush is an idiot. Some people, that didn't see the olympics might think Bush is a retard for having the flag backwards. Wrong. He was opening the flag and then showing the flag to the person next to him, and then he turned it around.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 6:00 pm KrayZee Post #67

Iraq has no relations to 9/11. Neither did oil. Neither did No Child Left Behind. And along with the other actions compromised by George W. Bush.

And for those pictures, your point being? I have no idea why you had to bring that up other than proving 'he isn't an idiot'.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 6:04 pm Echo Post #68

Iraq did have relations to 9/11. America was so scared about terrorists and another attack in America, which lead to the belief that Iraq had WMD. No Child Left Behind has nothing to do with it, but it has something to do with Bush, which this topic is about.

The picture is just proof about why people hate it, again, what this topic is about. Thanks.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 7:20 pm MasterJohnny Post #69

Quote from Echo
Iraq did have relations to 9/11. America was so scared about terrorists and another attack in America, which lead to the belief that Iraq had WMD. No Child Left Behind has nothing to do with it, but it has something to do with Bush, which this topic is about.

The picture is just proof about why people hate it, again, what this topic is about. Thanks.

I thought Al Qaeda had relations to 9/11 not Iraq??!?! And wasnt Al Qaeda in Afghanistan or something?! and not Iraq...
I thought we went to Iraq for Saddam Hussein

I am a Mathematician

Aug 14 2008, 7:33 pm KrayZee Post #70

Quote from Echo
No, Iraq did not had any relations to the events of the September 11 attacks. As I repeat myself from last time as I told you once before, it was Afghanistan. During the election of George W. Bush with an opposing candidate John Kerry, Bush accused Iraq for having the "Weapons of Mass Destruction". In which, no evidence of it has ever been found in Iraq. It was Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban who were behind the events of September 11.

From wikipedia "Despite statements from the Bush administration, inspectors never found hidden stockpiles of WMD in Iraq, and the September 11 Commission reported no collaborative relationship between Al Qaeda and the Iraqi leadership."

Quote from Echo

Pretty pointless to why you have brought that up. There are an occasional amount of videos and photos of George W. Bush's idiocy.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 7:48 pm Echo Post #71

Exactly why I showed pictures. Most of them are just caught in moments to make people look stupid. Anyone can do that to anyone.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 10:16 pm Demented Shaman Post #72

Quote from Echo
Yeah, Bush just got unlucky like dealing with this. Everything went down hill after 9/11 and he tried his best to protect our country afterwards.

I just want to mention this recent picture.

Some idiot put this to show that Bush is an idiot. Some people, that didn't see the olympics might think Bush is a retard for having the flag backwards. Wrong. He was opening the flag and then showing the flag to the person next to him, and then he turned it around.
Sure he turned it around... after his wife told him to.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 10:31 pm Echo Post #73

Did you even see it?

None.

Aug 14 2008, 10:36 pm Demented Shaman Post #74

Quote from Echo
Did you even see it?
Were you there in Beijing? Remember 8/11...

None.

Aug 14 2008, 10:46 pm Echo Post #75

Haha no. It was on NBC Olympics.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 11:39 pm Demented Shaman Post #76

The government controls what you're watching. :rolleyes:

None.

Aug 15 2008, 4:24 am rockz Post #77

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from midget_man_66
Republicans have conservative viewpoints.
sup

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 16 2008, 9:25 am Doodan Post #78

The Republican party shifted to the conservative perspective during the 1930s - 1960s, before that, democrats were the conservatives and republicans were the liberals.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 4:31 pm A_of-s_t Post #79

aka idmontie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1912)

Times change.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Aug 16 2008, 4:43 pm Falkoner Post #80

Yes, that picture is accurate. Bill Clinton's projected economic policies, which would have been continued if Al Gore was in office, projected a trillion dollar surplus in under ten years. In practise, Liberal economics move toward a long term surplus overall while Conservative economics lead to an immediate and indefinite deficit, as shown by Hoover and the New Deal, for instance.

Yeah, but did Clinton predict an attack on the US?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >
  Back to forum