Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: George W Bush
George W Bush
Aug 9 2008, 12:15 am
By: Echo
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >

Aug 9 2008, 3:47 pm Falkoner Post #21

I <3 Bush, go EcHo!

Krazy said it; if we consider George W. Bush, we must also consider the men in his administration (whom he supports fully and largely selected), and the Republican leaders in Congress whom Bush also supports. Remember that Bush may not originate every lousy piece of legislation that has been passed, but he signs it in to law.

They can easily override him if he vetoes something.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 4:11 pm BiOAtK Post #22

The whole point of vetoing is that you can't override it. It's called check and balance.

Also, North Korea is the most disciplened country on the planet. No one hates the ruler because all their lives they've been conditioned to fight for and love their country above all else, they are taught their lives are meaningless except to help the nation.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 4:17 pm FlyingHat Post #23

Quote from Echo
Do you see North Korea asking people for help? No, they just praise Kim Jung Il unwillingly.
Lots and lots of propaganda and a press that's been raped by the government can have some pretty powerful effects.

Quote from Anonymous
Also, North Korea is the most disciplened country on the planet. No one hates the ruler because all their lives they've been conditioned to fight for and love their country above all else, they are taught their lives are meaningless except to help the nation.
Holy smacking hobos, what have you been smoking?

I don't really know much about GWB besides how he just chopped up the US budget and some other nitbidgets (not a word). He's an average president.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 9 2008, 4:26 pm by FlyingHat.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 5:23 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #24

Not when the law only passes Congress by a bare majority.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 5:29 pm Vi3t-X Post #25

To be honest, the United States EXISTS by England's expedition, not the French. France is to Canada, England is to United States and Spain is to Mexico.

Minor Correction,
The Spainards discovered the southern lands of Mexico first, so indeed, Mexico is of Spain.
French, Dutch and Portugese sailors such as Christopher Columbus who were denied funding from their countries were funded by England. Technically, it was those countries that discovered the Americas, not England.
France was the first to colonize Canada, but the British took it over in the 1800's, it would be reasonable to say that both France and England (well, Britain as Wales was united) "founded" Canada.
The United States was founded by Britain, but is only existant due to France. A reason why Louisiana as a state has French as an offical state language.

And if England was to the United States, why did the colonists rebel? :bleh:

None.

Aug 9 2008, 6:27 pm Money Post #26

Quote from Vi3t-X
To be honest, the United States EXISTS by England's expedition, not the French. France is to Canada, England is to United States and Spain is to Mexico.

Minor Correction,
The Spainards discovered the southern lands of Mexico first, so indeed, Mexico is of Spain.
French, Dutch and Portugese sailors such as Christopher Columbus who were denied funding from their countries were funded by England. Technically, it was those countries that discovered the Americas, not England.
France was the first to colonize Canada, but the British took it over in the 1800's, it would be reasonable to say that both France and England (well, Britain as Wales was united) "founded" Canada.
The United States was founded by Britain, but is only existant due to France. A reason why Louisiana as a state has French as an offical state language.

The Americas were first discovered by the people that are indigenous here. :bleh:

None.

Aug 9 2008, 6:45 pm KrayZee Post #27

Quote from Echo
The Iraqis couldn't ask for help because everyone was following Saddam Hussien by force. Do you see North Korea asking people for help? No, they just praise Kim Jung Il unwillingly.
Again, that does not prove anything. Before, during AND after Saddam's execution by the United States, Iraqis did not approve of the United State's invasion into Iraq at all. Just because they were scared of Saddam does not mean they need help. North Korea is a different story, as you should know that the United States aiding were aiding South Korea against communism in the Korean War is now in cease fire.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 6:54 pm KrayZee Post #28

Quote from DT_Battlekruser

Not when the law only passes Congress by a bare majority.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote from Vi3t-X

Minor Correction,

"Technically", it were the Native Americans that discovered America, not Christopher Columbus. :bleh:

None.

Aug 9 2008, 7:31 pm Echo Post #29

Are you you know anything about North Korea? Everyone there is poor, they have no freedom, Christians are persecuted, actually all religions there are persecuted. Kim Jung Il is an athiest and he wants everything his way. He makes young children brain washed, there is cannibalism in North Korea because people are really desperate for food.

North Korea is a different story, as you should know that the United States aiding were aiding South Korea against communism in the Korean War is now in cease fire.
Stating history facts isn't helping you in your arguements. That is redundant actually because we are talking about Bush and his dealings. He actually helped North Korea a bit by shutting down the nuclear program which was a threat to the world, and stopped funding that is going mainly for the nuclear program instead of the people of North Korea. After it was shut down, Bush promised and fufilled his promise in giving food aid and agriculture development. Since then, agriculture has been up.

When Bush leaves at the end of his term, America is really going to get fucked up. You might not notice it but for either president, their views are totally wrong. It's too bad we can't escape not voting for either.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 7:44 pm WoAHorde Post #30

Quote from Falkoner
I <3 Bush, go EcHo!

Krazy said it; if we consider George W. Bush, we must also consider the men in his administration (whom he supports fully and largely selected), and the Republican leaders in Congress whom Bush also supports. Remember that Bush may not originate every lousy piece of legislation that has been passed, but he signs it in to law.

I'd like to introduce you to a new and trendy term in American Government: filibuster. To override a veto, you need about 2/3 in the House and the Senate. The Democrat majority is 51-49(or arguably 50-50, seeing as how Lieberman is a disgrace); it isn't that wide of a majority in the house, either. It is tough to override a presidential veto, Congress unfortunatly couldn't do it for that stem cell bill and others.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 8:23 pm KrayZee Post #31

Quote from Echo
Are you you know anything about North Korea? Everyone there is poor, they have no freedom, Christians are persecuted, actually all religions there are persecuted. Kim Jung Il is an athiest and he wants everything his way. He makes young children brain washed, there is cannibalism in North Korea because people are really desperate for food.
I already said he's a communist.

Quote from Echo
Stating history facts isn't helping you in your arguements. That is redundant actually because we are talking about Bush and his dealings. He actually helped North Korea a bit by shutting down the nuclear program which was a threat to the world, and stopped funding that is going mainly for the nuclear program instead of the people of North Korea. After it was shut down, Bush promised and fufilled his promise in giving food aid and agriculture development. Since then, agriculture has been up.

When Bush leaves at the end of his term, America is really going to get fucked up. You might not notice it but for either president, their views are totally wrong. It's too bad we can't escape not voting for either.
I also said the Korean War is under cease fire, it's still active as of today, just that nothing has been happening and not a single casualty has been done for fifty years. And EcHo, ignoring historical facts shouldn't be your nature of attempting to be ignorant. To be honest, North Korea had already test deployed test missiles, although foiled, clearly they were not shut down.

You're only saying that Obama will fuck up the United States (Not "America", quit using it) because republicans believes he's Muslim and involved by helping the Middle East and a very known reason is that he's black.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:39 pm Echo Post #32

KrayZee learn to read. I said either president. I see both of them as wrongful presidential canidates. And I don't discriminate people by religion nor am I republican. He isn't muslim but his father was Muslim. And I'm not ignoring historical facts, you're just posting nonsense. And also, North Korean isn't communist. By far all your comments has failed so I'm going to ignore them now.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:43 pm WoAHorde Post #33

Quote from Echo
KrayZee learn to read. I said either president. I see both of them as wrongful presidential canidates. And I don't discriminate people by religion nor am I republican. He isn't muslim but his father was Muslim. And I'm not ignoring historical facts, you're just posting nonsense. And also, North Korean isn't communist. By far all your comments has failed so I'm going to ignore them now.

KrayZee has given well thought out, constructive, and supportive posts to the conversation. You are ignoring his comments because you disagree with their content, while he has rebutted and pieced apart your argument. That's quite an ignoramus stance, Echo.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:44 pm Echo Post #34

WoAHorde, maybe you should read his comments. I was stating things and all he does is post facts. Those things are obvious but they don't have anything to do with mine. They might be of same history, but I stated one thing and he states another.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:46 pm KrayZee Post #35

Quote from Echo
Why don't you fucking learn to understand facts? Posting nonsense? You're the one bringing in irrelevant topics. Discrimination? I know some republicans that turned into democratic to support Obama. And most people believes Obama is 'too young to be President' but he's older than the top five youngest elected Presidents whom none actually reached the minimum age of thirty five. Okay, North Korea is formally a communist country and is now a Capitalism country.

EcHo, seriously, what the fuck?

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:49 pm MasterJohnny Post #36

Quote from Echo

I really think North Korea is under communist rule :crazy:
And how i don't think the canidates could be worst then bush. Obama has a education reform program. Echo hasn't really argued against my comments on Bush's education reform.
(you know with all that money and soldiers into the war you think you would actually invest the money and soldiers into education so we can INVENT awesome terran battlercrussiers :D )

I am a Mathematician

Aug 9 2008, 9:58 pm Echo Post #37

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Echo
Why don't you fucking learn to understand facts? Posting nonsense? You're the one bringing in irrelevant topics. Discrimination? I know some republicans that turned into democratic to support Obama. And most people believes Obama is 'too young to be President' but he's older than the top five youngest elected Presidents whom none actually reached the minimum age of thirty five. Okay, North Korea is formally a communist country and is now a Capitalism country.

Calm down, its just a discussion. Why are you changing the discussions on Obama now? I never said anything bad about Obama. I just said he and McCain are unsuited.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 10:13 pm KrayZee Post #38

Quote from Echo
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Echo

Calm down, its just a discussion. Why are you changing the discussions on Obama now? I never said anything bad about Obama. I just said he and McCain are unsuited.
I only mentioned Obama because YOU mentioned about the Presidential Election of either candidates will ruin the United States.

And calm down? First of all, you told me 'Learn to read'. Second of all, you fucking annoy me by not only here but in Battle Net as well. Third of all, since when was swearing a figure of anger? It's like saying somebody with capitalized letters is a sign of anger. Fourth of all, you are hardly arguing back and trying to bring in a new discussion. Lastly, you created a topic of praising a President of whom that many, many hates that thinks of George W. Bush as a failure.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 10:16 pm Echo Post #39

Don't go off topic. If you want to settle something settle it by PM or shoutbox, or even online. I created this topic because many people hates or thinks George W. Bush as a failure. Afterall this is a serious discussion thread, no? Thanks ^^

Aug 9 2008, 10:31 pm rockz Post #40

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I don't know how accurate this picture is. One would assume it is accurate, though.

America isn't fucked up, and it never will be fucked up. 100 years of shitty presidents and we're still here.

Quote from EcHo
But because most people are ignorant, they blame the person on top, who technically doesn't have full power.
Quote from EcHo
Which ever president wins in the election, America is going to be ruined.
Well, fuck me.
Quote from EcHo
No Child Left Behind
NCLB is rigorous testing of children so that Teachers in math and science have a teaching schedule. If a child doesn't understand something, the teacher doesn't have time to go back and re-teach the subject, but rather has to make the child come after/before school, generally wasting the teacher's time. Teachers already have a difficult job, and are underpaid. Why should they volunteer their time or money (daycare) if they have other familial obligations?

Education is a difficult thing. There's a problem in the US with education, but it's not our school's fault entirely. We all share the blame. There are a large number of students who simply don't want to be in school. This stems from a general idea that school is useless, or that there are better things to do with our time than sit and learn about stuff that we don't want to learn about. It's incredibly difficult to teach a student who doesn't want to learn, and yet we're not supposed to leave him behind? Why not? We live in a "free" country, so what's the big deal if the child doesn't want to learn? We need to motivate these children, not force them, and make them WANT to learn.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >
  Back to forum