Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 22140 >

Oct 3 2008, 8:24 pm Arvendragon Post #381

I STILL like my CC idea better. :bleh: . But it was too close to summoner. :><:

Good to see that Urine is still working on the map even with him in university/college. I think we need another support hero other than the medic. Maybe the support hero can gain half exp from both allies instead of one quarter, and capturing warpgates/commanding warpgates should SLOWLY generate exp or minerals.

Support Hero - General
Unit - Ghost or Battlecruiser or um... <insert unit>
HP - ~2500
DMG - Low
Armor - 0

Spells:
Mana Pool - Increases Mana for Team, but not General. Or be trigger to increase General's as well but decrease minerals as well so it is fair.
Allied Support - Creates spellcasting units for each Team Member at base. They should be units such as Medics, Dark Archons, Science Vessels, etc.
Ordered Retreat - Teleports ALL Team Members and their special units back to base.
Bombing Run - Creates several battlecruisers for 5 hits.

Better than Flying_Fish's Ghost I hope...

DON'T FLAME ME! I know Urine has already finalized his new heroes, just giving more suggestions.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 8:26 pm Arvendragon Post #382

WOW. In the time it took me to write the last post, Vi3t-X changed his picture and there were about 2-3 more posts.

LOL

:omfg:

And yes, double posted. Sorry.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 10:10 pm UnholyUrine Post #383

I really like the Physicist's Spell Idea.. but Not the theme...
However.. I seem to have figured a way to mix ur spells together with mine ;)..

Btw.. the heroes are NOT finalized.. IT would really depend on what i feel like that day.. I only have a few heroic units left.. and they are pretty Out there already.. Dragoon, Hero Ghost, Critter, CC, and MAAYBE Aldaris HT...OH i can also use regular HT.. .those are the ONLY choices.

btw.. viet's spell 1 is exactly what i was planning for CC haha.. the rest isn't the same tho.... and it's not its spell 1 either. ;) it'd be SCV's.. (which cost 5-10 gas) and some build time.

I also like the Sniper idea, but "Ussopp" is supposed to fill that idea as a "ranged assassin" theme. However, That sniper will be more "trixter" like, with ranged spells that cause confusion rather than damage. And also countering spells... :) U all should watch One Piece.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2008, 10:29 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 10:55 pm InsolubleFluff Post #384

Also the hydra spawn is shit and totally inbalanced seeing as the marines AND the zealots are better then the archers companions, we found that out last night when we rushed hydra's and all it did was feed moose 3k EXP...

None.

Oct 3 2008, 11:11 pm Moose Post #385

We live in a society.

If I wasn't Firebat it might've been a different story. :P
Regardless, you can see in the updated change list that they are more powerful.

Oct 3 2008, 11:16 pm Vi3t-X Post #386

I can go on SC again, MOAR TESTING

None.

Oct 4 2008, 3:41 am dumbducky Post #387

Found a bug. If you lose your last life after a medic has disabled you, you aren't eliminated.

tits

Oct 4 2008, 4:09 am Vi3t-X Post #388

Either that, or it was a ton of triggers glitching. He didn't die

Character Sets

Assassin (ducky p3), Ling, Medic, Rine, Firebat

None.

Oct 4 2008, 4:13 am ClansAreForGays Post #389

epic glitch find ducky. That reminds me, MOOSE make sure you address dc's own epic glitch find http://www.staredit.net/90050/ he really rapes in games with it.

Oct 4 2008, 4:26 am Oyen Post #390

I found an interesting glitch. I was mech and I had unlocked all spells. I was being attacked as Vulture and right before I died, I tried transforming into reaver. The game said I died, but my reaver appeared where my vulture used to be, and it had 100% hp!

None.

Oct 4 2008, 4:31 am ClansAreForGays Post #391

You know, that, and the ling chaos thing that both involve you haing to die, i consider more quarky tradeoffs than abusable glitches. Likes not get rid of the quarkyness that helps define ts as ts.

Oct 4 2008, 5:25 am Moose Post #392

We live in a society.

TS is defined by quirkiness? WTF am I working for then? :P

Oct 4 2008, 12:20 pm Vi3t-X Post #393

We're all here for the pie. Aren't you? :bleh:

None.

Oct 4 2008, 11:31 pm ClansAreForGays Post #394

After much testing, I can say assims are balanced.

Oct 5 2008, 3:12 am UnholyUrine Post #395

Hi.. After three weeks.. I just played a game of TS (V1.4)..

the Spawns were TOTALLY imbalanced :C.. I don't know why i never picked that up before... :blush:
I guess i was too focused on balancing hero vs hero...

So this is what I was thinking.. I will lower the # of Spawns from Buildings to 3 each, and Increase their HP + attack.. Also removing Marine/Zealot/Hydra from Building spawns, so Now i get a Set of untis spawning from Buildings Only.. and they can be changed to be much stronger... I will also make marine/zealot/hydra stronger..
This will be good because 1. it balances Building Spawns more so they won't feed and will be useful.. 2. Summoners will be Less Pwnage with lesser + Stronger spawns...

This is what I definately need to change, and will prioritize that rather than new chars =) (tho i still don't have moose's ver yet)

None.

Oct 5 2008, 3:47 am ClansAreForGays Post #396

I foresee problems. You should really see and play 1.4m before you make up your mind on anything. It's had so much balance testing put into it.

Oct 5 2008, 3:56 am Vi3t-X Post #397

I offically hate 1.4.
The terrain used to be hard to navigate. Now its all easy and ambushes are impossible.

None.

Oct 5 2008, 4:19 am InsolubleFluff Post #398

I think you mean 1.4M, regardless, it makes life about 500x easier ^_^

None.

Oct 5 2008, 5:19 am Vi3t-X Post #399

Which is exactly why I hate it.

None.

Oct 5 2008, 3:15 pm InsolubleFluff Post #400

i meant that in the sense that before, getting from the middle path to the top path was a HUGE journey and now it's cut by x amount of seconds and killing people doesn't really seem to be a problem, so the inconvenience of trapping people in maybe 1 or 2 spots is hugely out weighed by the faster gameplay.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 22140 >
  Back to forum