SEN Mafia VII: The 7 Shifters
Jun 18 2008, 8:42 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 47 48 49 50 5179 >

Jul 15 2008, 4:11 pm lil-Inferno Post #961

Just here for the pie

Quote from JaFF
lil-Inferno
-DTBK uses a laser before he dies. Inferno submitter a "Laser Mine" map.
-His nickname for chat programs is something like "ProWrestler". We see several fighting sequences.
-DTBK's house was blown up. Fire -> inferno.

We must lynch lil-Inferno.
If you lynch me, that's just another wasted day and another Townie dying.

Jul 15 2008, 4:19 pm Echo Post #962

We'll see when we get more clues this after this night.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 5:17 pm Demented Shaman Post #963

Quote from Greo
Quote from JaFF
Quote from name:devilesk
Kill cheeze first.
What clues do we have on him? The flanking on is really forced, because not everyone can obtain such information about him and there are other melee players.

Edit: Oh, just noticed your post. It's a bad habbit of mine to skip any posts you make that are not written in capitals. :P

The electricity clues is a good one, but inactivity and stupid behavior are definately not reasons to lynch someone.Don't let those who don't really care about the game fool you.

How does wine relate to cheeze?
There's a really stupid connection to it. I'm sure Devilesk will point it out, but you usually enjoy cheese and wine together.
It's not a stupid connection. History has shown us that there's usually a connection between what a person is doing right before they die and who the mafia are.

From wikipedia
Sycorax
Doctor Who race
Sycorax
Type Humanoid
Affiliated with Unknown
Home planet Fire Trap (JX82 system)
First appearance "The Christmas Invasion"

See also: The Christmas Invasion

The Sycorax first appeared in the debut Tenth Doctor story, "The Christmas Invasion", in 2005.

The Sycorax appear to be skinless humanoids wearing mantles of bone, usually keeping their features concealed under helmets. They are proficient in the use of weapons like swords and whips, the latter which can deliver an energy discharge that disintegrates the flesh of its target. Their language is called Sycoraxic. The Sycorax also appear to have technology that is either disguised or treated as magic, referring to "curses" and the Doctor's regenerative abilities as "witchcraft". The Sycorax leader referred to an "armada" that they could use to take Earth by force if the blood control failed. They also appear to have a martial society, with traditions of honourable combat. According to the BBC website, the Sycorax facial structure was inspired by the skull of a horse.[citation needed]

According to a write-up by Russell T. Davies[citation needed] on the BBC website, the Sycorax (whose individual lifespan is over 400 years) originated on an asteroid in the distant JX82 system, known as the Fire Trap. They were uplifted when a spaceship crashed on their asteroid and the Sycorax Leader enslaved the survivors, forcing the aliens to teach them about their technology. The asteroid was then retrofitted into the first of many spaceships, which the Sycorax then used to raid other planets, becoming feared interstellar scavengers (this reputation is made clear in their attitude to other 'inferior' races. The Sycorax leader comments to Rose that he would not 'dirty his tongue' with her language, and their translated word for 'human' can also be taken to mean 'cattle'). Their armada is permanently in orbit around the Jewel of Staa Crafell.

In The Doctor Who Files books, the name of the Sycorax homeworld is given as "Sycorax". It is unclear if this is another name for the Fire Trap. Like all Doctor Who spin-off media, the way the plot fits in to the ongoing story of television series is open to interpretation. See inclusion and canonicity in the Whoniverse Furthermore, after the destruction of the Fire Trap, the Sycorax spread further through the galaxy, and like humans are one of three species that continually survive and adapt, even unto the End of the Universe.

The name Sycorax is used in William Shakespeare's play The Tempest, a witch who was the mother of the beast Caliban. It is also the name of one of the moons of Uranus, all of which are named after Shakespearean characters. The Shakespearean name is referenced in the third series episode "The Shakespeare Code" when the Doctor finds a horse's skull in The Globe's prop cupboard. He comments that it "Reminds [him] too much of the Sycorax". Shakespeare remarks he likes the sound of the word, obviously then going on to use it in The Tempest.
As the mafia loot the corpses for the money and the box,
The seven mafia then file out, stealing silently upstairs.
Seven deadly sins. Stealing is a sin. SiN is mafia.

Bullets, similar to the rain pounding the ground, are shot into the two pairs of men, who die before even falling to the floor.
What "pounds"? Orcs do, and it's similar to Greo's title of "Orc Smash".

Overall, a fine cover is provided for murderous mischief.
Why "mischief"?
Answer: misCHiEF

On the outskirts of town, surrounded by acres of corn fields, a shady transacation is taking place. Four gentlemen, in two pairs meet in a small clearing in the crops. Removing his obnoxiously reflective sunglasses, a man removes a small and ornate gray box and key from his jacket. He passes it to a man of the other pair, a man with antlers. Unlocking the box, the man with antlers peers inside and smiles. "Good, excellent. You kept your end of the bargain," he says, locking the box shut and passing it to his friend. Reaching inside his coat, he deposits the key and takes out a money clip. "one, two, three..." he counts out stacks of $100 bills into his seller's hands until he reaches $50,000.
Other than some kind of storyline, I don't think there are any clues in this paragraph that relate to mafia, because no mafia are present yet.

"Mafia, I should known" remarked the man with the antlers. The mafia made a simply but cryptic reply: "Yes, I have moved."
"I should known" makes no sense as well as "I have moved". Interestingly, have is missing in the first phrase.
Also "simply" should be "simple"

expedient erection
expedient -> expedia -> flying -> flyinghat
Or "erection" could have some kind of sexual meaning.

As the mafia loot the corpses for the money and the box, lights flash on in a distant farmhouse. The mafia hurries up before they can be caught, and neglect to search for the key to the box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashing_Lights
And there's a precedent for this set in Mafia 3:
Stronger. MOAR Kanye West's Graduation! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduation

Slips of paper cleverly modified to resemble mayoral summons are distributed to an unlucky five, and five men show up outside of a light blue house with a pale green door.
Red herring maybe? They're tricked into thinking they are being summoned by the mayor, but where would they be summoned to? The mayors mansion, or a courthouse maybe? And maybe DTBK just paints his shit weird.

Oh yea, as for cheeze clues. I forgot to mention that I searched "50000" into IMDB and got this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443366/
"Danger! 50000 Volts!"

Also, if you're a Zerg player cheeze then swarm applies to you as well.

I think the case for WoAHorde being swarm is VERY strong.

"This town is now ours," replies one of the mafia, removing his mask and drawing a silenced pistol.
As he adjusts his tie, seven clicks of guns are heard from around the entire space of the transaction.
The spy in his avatar has a MASK and a SILENCED PISTOL and a TIE.

The last support class is the spy, who in addition to a revolver is equipped with covert tools, such as a temporary cloaking device, an electronic sapper to sabotage engineer's structures and the ability to disguise as enemy players. The spy can also use his butterfly knife to backstab and instantly kill enemy players.[7]

The mafia fire their guns first, taking the militia group by surprise. Hynk flips over and down on to the ground, caught in the initial stream of bullets. Merrell turns and fires as NerdyTerdy runs for cover while shooting. Both of the two militia men cannot hit their mafia targets as Merrell flops to the floor, his life claimed in the exchange of gunfire. NerdyTerdy gets the gold star for smart tactics as he crouches behind a car for cover. Unfortunately, NerdyTerdy exposes himself for too long to return fire. Long enough for a weapons master to finish the defeat of the townsperson group.
This paragraph is reminiscent of the American Revolution.

Horde's post in the Asians vs British topic:
http://www.staredit.net/73568/
British. Why? Newton was British. Hawking was British. The greatest schools in the world, Cambridge and Oxford respectively, are in England.

I'm British blood(directly) but I'm not going to use that as a reason, derive it yourself.

Note: Krazy, you fail at spelling British in the poll option.

Then someone strays into the street with the blue house, and the town discovers the bodies of ClansAreForGays, Brontobyte, and HailFire.
A STRAY CAT

Post has been edited 21 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2008, 6:32 pm by devilesk.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 6:30 pm JaFF Post #964

Regarding the 7 mafia and the 7 deadly sins: that connection seems stupid to me. Murder is also a sin. OMG MAFIA ARE KILLING PEOPLE.

About the 50000 high voltage: That's a good interpretation, IMO. Things like this may sway me to voting for cheeze (if I survive the night).

None.

Jul 15 2008, 6:33 pm Demented Shaman Post #965

Quote from JaFF
Regarding the 7 mafia and the 7 deadly sins: that connection seems stupid to me. Murder is also a sin. OMG MAFIA ARE KILLING PEOPLE.

About the 50000 high voltage: That's a good interpretation, IMO. Things like this may sway me to voting for cheeze (if I survive the night).
But it's not just murder. It's "looting" and stuff.
And why would moose say "stealing silently". That's just stupid writing so I'm thinking there's something significant about it.

I just realized what "expedient erection" connects to.
Alpha Team Member: ya.. and putting ur cock into a vag is not sex
And that's my sig.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2008, 6:40 pm by devilesk.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 7:30 pm Demented Shaman Post #966

WHERE'S THE ACTIVITY GUYS? COME ON.

Also for those that doubt the dtbk drinking wine in a cool cellar connection to cheeze.
From Day 4
Merrell was having a late night snack as his windows started to break.
Moose's clue reveal
Paragraph 3: Merrell's late night snack is... jello! Jello-Jigglers, actually.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2008, 7:42 pm by devilesk.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 7:45 pm Echo Post #967

The dunk?
Why "mischief"?
Answer: misCHiEF
Is this relating to me by CHEF? I don't get how that actually works. You just took 4 letters from a word.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 7:47 pm Demented Shaman Post #968

Doctors contact me. I have important information about who you must save tonight, and no it's not me.

Oh damn, I just noticed this:
Reaching inside his coat, he deposits the key and takes out a money clip. "one, two, three..." he counts out stacks of $100 bills into his seller's hands until he reaches $50,000.
Dark_Marine_123
And someone wouldn't be counting by 100 dollar bills one at a time to get to 50000. Clearly "one, two, three" is significant.

I think that moves Dark_Marine to the top of the hitlist.
Little sense was made for those ten seconds, at which point the mafia opened fire.
I'm gonna say that's a direct reference to Killer_Kow being 10 on the mafia player list.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2008, 7:55 pm by devilesk.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 7:55 pm Echo Post #969

I'm voting Dark_Marine_123 at day.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 7:57 pm Demented Shaman Post #970

The burial rites are not quiet among the restless town craving revenge.
Why craving? You get food cravings and cheeze is the only person closely related to food.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 8:10 pm Demented Shaman Post #971

Quote from WoAHorde
I vote Doodle, why? Farty DEFENDED him earlier in the game when clues that had some value were against him. Time and time again, more clues have been made against Doodle, and ignored. Doodle also defended Farty when he was accused.

Quote from FatalException
Quote from WoAHorde
I vote Doodle, why? Farty DEFENDED him earlier in the game when clues that had some value were against him. Time and time again, more clues have been made against Doodle, and ignored. Doodle also defended Farty when he was accused.
Holeh shit, it's logic. This is a strange addition to this game.

/agree until someone else comes up with something better

Quote from name:Zombeh
so all we gotta do is look through the spam and look at who defended who? :D
Look at this string of mafia posts. :-_-:

The mafia made a simply but cryptic reply: "Yes, I have moved."
I think the use of the word "cryptic" is a hint that there's some kind of hidden message or code we have to decipher, possibly in that single "Yes, I have moved" phrase or the whole paragraph or the dialogue.

Furthermore, it's the "mafia" saying it, possibly as if they were speaking in unison.

Also, I'm sure Moose put in some kind of clue that relates to some kind of movie/film or something from IMDB. History tells us that.

Quote from "Day 5"With a bit of overconfidence, perhaps arrogance, the mafia set out once again after sunset. The first victim of the night was frazz. He was out late partaking in some risky business when he was stabbed in the back. Frazz, too, had a knife as well and scored a few hits on the mafia, but didn't really cause much damage. In the end, the mafia simply had all the right moves, and was down frazz was out after a few minutes of combat.

LoL @ Tom Cruise => KRUSE movies. I should've gone with the newer ones maybe.

Also lame wordplay clues like:
The last victim of the night was A_of-s_t, who was driving around in his ambulance sipping cognac. As he approached an intersection, the traffic signal pole fell. He was crushed, blood camoflauged by the traffic light's red signal aura. He was pinned, and knew he would be a dead man soon. Giving up, he felt his life slip away into darkness.
Spelling "clans"

And I'm sure there are also references to maps/mods in production/in the database/showcased

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2008, 8:42 pm by devilesk.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 8:43 pm EzDay281 Post #972

Why craving? You get food cravings and cheeze is the only person closely related to food.
While the 50,000 volts and "wine 'n' cheese" interpretations do sound... sound, this one just seems lame.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 8:49 pm Demented Shaman Post #973

http://www.staredit.net/topic/1238/
lil-inferno's "Dynasty Street" map has numerous mafia connections. Take a look.

All the mafia then slip off into the gathering dawn, leaving the mansion to detonate.
"gathering dawn"? Wtf is that. I bet it's significant and means something.

http://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Dawn-Freedoms-Holy-Light/dp/0842313036
+1 to SiN being mafia.

But there's also this
http://thegatheringdawn.whisperwillow.com/news.php
Which might connect to WoAHorde.

However, I'm leaning towards it being a reference to the book, because maybe Moose is finally taking my advice and cleverly trying to sneak it in there :P
From his signature:

SCRATCH THAT last part. I just checked my logs and I told him to do that on July 6th. The clue post was from July 3rd :P

Enraged, the mafia set about executing the others.
Enraged might be significant. I think it has some WoW connection based on Googling it.
Or it could be one of the seven deadly sins "wrath"

Heading into the dense fields of crops, the mafia seek to complete some unfinished business.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfinished_Business
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfinished_Business_%28Battlestar_Galactica%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfinished_Business_%28disambiguation%29

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=unfinished+business&x=18&y=12
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186655/ Universal Soldier III: Unfinished Business

WoW Quest called Unfinished Business too
http://thottbot.com/?qu=6004

"Good doing business with you," says the man in a thick German accent as he stuffs the cash into his vest.
"Mafia," acknowledges the mayor. "I thought I smelled a foul air."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_B
Zyklon -> Zycorax

Also Paravin previously stated he would be away for a while. That might just be a clever excuse for inactivity while he secretly casts his hits at night as a mafia.

I think its time we hold a special election and elect me as mayor so we can do some DOUBLE LYNCHING since people have proposed a bunch of possible suspects.

Post has been edited 16 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2008, 10:35 pm by devilesk.

None.

Jul 15 2008, 10:44 pm Phobos Post #974

Are you sure about that?

I'd like a mayor... However, choosing who could the mayor be in a time like this could be hard...

this is signature

Jul 15 2008, 10:46 pm Demented Shaman Post #975

Quote from name:Hobos
I'd like a mayor... However, choosing who could the mayor be in a time like this could be hard...
Pfft, if you're just worried about making sure you pick a townie then I'm the obvious choice.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 12:16 am MadZombie Post #976

Also Paravin previously stated he would be away for a while. That might just be a clever excuse for inactivity while he secretly casts his hits at night as a mafia.
idk, If paravin was active in any topics except this one it would make alot of sense but hes just purely AFK.

im going for WoAHorde or DarK_Marine_123 next :D ...incase anyone was planning a future bandwagon.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 1:23 am Demented Shaman Post #977

POST MORE LAZY ASS TOWNIES. WE'RE GONNA LOSE IF YOU DONT START GETTING ACTIVE.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 2:37 am Greo Post #978

Then stop doing the following:
1. Double posting
2. Naming more than 6 mafia suspects
3. Long ass posts

None.

Jul 16 2008, 3:06 am Demented Shaman Post #979

Quote from Greo
1. Double posting
3. Long ass posts
Stfu noob. You should stop doing the following:
1. SUCKING.

Users reading this topic: devilesk (plus 11 guests)
Lol, a lot of guests.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 16 2008, 3:34 am by devilesk.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 3:38 am Greo Post #980

Quote from Greo
1. Double posting
3. Long ass posts
Stfu noob. You should stop doing the following:
1. SUCKING.

Better to suck than to blow hard.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 47 48 49 50 5179 >
  Back to forum