Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Moar modding questions
Moar modding questions
Jun 11 2008, 9:50 pm
By: HailFire
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Jun 13 2008, 10:35 pm Symmetry Post #21

Dungeon Master

Units.dat tab, supply section (near the bottom middle).

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 13 2008, 10:37 pm HailFire Post #22

Aha...

Missed the "provided" section, my bad.

/brainfart

None.

Jun 16 2008, 9:24 pm HailFire Post #23

Ran into a small bug: I disabled mining options for Protoss Probes (Removed the "Gather" and "Return" buttons, and specified all of the Harvest options in dat requirements -> orders to only apply to SCVs and Drones).

However, the computer player will still attempt to mine, and promptly crash the game. What did I forget to edit?

None.

Jun 16 2008, 9:32 pm Symmetry Post #24

Dungeon Master

Did you uncheck 'resource miner' in units.dat?

Jun 16 2008, 9:35 pm HailFire Post #25

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Did you uncheck 'resource miner' in units.dat?

Goddammit, how do I miss the simple things? :<_<:

None.

Jun 16 2008, 10:20 pm HailFire Post #26

Well, they're no longer mining, but the game keeps crashing and I have no fucking idea why. :<_<:

None.

Jun 16 2008, 10:22 pm Symmetry Post #27

Dungeon Master

Quote from HailFire
Well, they're no longer mining, but the game keeps crashing and I have no fucking idea why. :<_<:

http://www.staredit.net/maplantis/index.php?sid=b75f8d3372;mod=540

Throw that in your mod (folder scripts\), see if that helps.

Jun 16 2008, 10:36 pm HailFire Post #28

Quote from HailFire

http://www.staredit.net/maplantis/index.php?sid=b75f8d3372;mod=540

Throw that in your mod (folder scripts\), see if that helps.

Thanks for the protip, it's working fine now (and I'm too lazy to make a custom AI anyway :P).

None.

Jun 17 2008, 5:11 am HailFire Post #29

I may have already known the answer to this and forgot on account of me being a dumbass it being after midnight and I'm tired, but I'd like some confirmation: How do you edit spells?

For example, I'm planning to make a unit with a sort of "Suicide Mind Control" that only works on vehicles; the unit jacks the ride and becomes the new pilot.

None.

Jun 17 2008, 3:21 pm Symmetry Post #30

Dungeon Master

Spells that have weapons associated with them can be changed in weapons.dat, if that's what you mean.

Jun 17 2008, 10:33 pm HailFire Post #31

Yeeeaaaah, something like that.

Basically, I want an Infested Terran to cast Mind Control when it explodes, and (preferably) to only target mechanical units.

So far, I've tried: Going into weapons.dat and changing suicide (infested terran) to have an explosion of Mind Control (Result: When the inf. terran attack an enemy unit, game crashes with an error of CBullet: Damage)

And: Going into units.dat and changing the infested terran's attack to Mind Control (as weapon) (Result: Same as above)

Am I doing it wrong/is there a way to iscript it in/ the cake is a lie? :wtfage:

None.

Jun 17 2008, 11:53 pm Symmetry Post #32

Dungeon Master

Mind control as a weapon doesn't work. It's hardcoded.

Jun 18 2008, 12:49 am HailFire Post #33

Mind control as a weapon doesn't work. It's hardcoded.

Is there any way I could associate the spell with an attack?

If nothing else, I could probably make the unit a spellcaster, give it full energy and MC, make
MC a spell that costs all energy, and have the unit die when it hits 0 energy, ala broodlings.

None.

Jun 18 2008, 1:31 am FlyingHat Post #34

Quote from HailFire
This works with a few spells. You plop on the useweapon opcode in the weapon's iscript.

Quote from HailFire
If nothing else, I could probably make the unit a spellcaster, give it full energy and MC, make
MC a spell that costs all energy, and have the unit die when it hits 0 energy, ala broodlings.
MC can only be cast by the DA and screwing around with the death at 0 energy stuff will get you into incredibly deep hardcoded shit resulting in a crash 4269713% of the time.
In other words, it's very impossible. :-_-:

I'm still learning a lot of stuff, so most likely I might have missed some stuff.

None.

Jun 18 2008, 1:55 am HailFire Post #35

Quote from FlyingHat
Quote from HailFire
This works with a few spells. You plop on the useweapon opcode in the weapon's iscript.

Quote from HailFire
MC can only be cast by the DA and screwing around with the death at 0 energy stuff will get you into incredibly deep hardcoded shit resulting in a crash 4269713% of the time.
In other words, it's very impossible. :-_-:

I'm still learning a lot of stuff, so most likely I might have missed some stuff.

Sonovabitch. :<_<:

Weeeellll, there goes that idea.

At least I should be able to pull off the OTHER one. :sly:

By the way, where would I go to request modding-related files (In this case, sound) that probably don't exist yet?

None.

Jun 18 2008, 4:33 am FlyingHat Post #36

Modding help would be the place to post.

None.

Jun 18 2008, 5:23 am HailFire Post #37

Quote from FlyingHat
Modding help would be the place to post.

Whatta coincidence.

Request (especially aimed at those affiliated with the Dune project, before it went under, as you probably know better how to aquire it): Ordos Sabotuer (and possibly Engineer) voices from Dune 2000.

Edit: FUCK YES POSITIVE MINERALS. Really, it's about damn time. :<_<:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 18 2008, 5:33 am by HailFire.

None.

Jun 18 2008, 5:36 pm HailFire Post #38

'Nother question: I've been trying to make the infested terran (using it for a different purpose now) cloak. I Firegrafted on both buttons (cloak and decloak), changed the dat requirements for personell cloaking to include the infested terran, and made it a spellcaster in datedit.

Everything seems to be in order exept that it won't cloak (the button doesn't respond). I'm pretty sure this is an iscript issue, and thus looked at he ghost, where two snippets of iscript caught my eye:

Code
GhostCastSpell:
    nobrkcodestart    
    wait               1
    playsnd             240     # Terran\GHOST\TGhLkd00.wav
    castspell          
    playfram           0xcc     # frame set 12
    wait               2
    playfram           0x22     # frame set 2
    nobrkcodeend      
    gotorepeatattk    
    sigorder           2
    goto               GhostGndAttkToIdle

I'm pretty sure that has to do with Lockdown, and;

Code
GhostSpecialState1:
    playfram           0x00     # frame set 0
    wait               1
    playfram           0x11     # frame set 1
    wait               1
    playfram           0x22     # frame set 2
    wait               1
    goto               GhostLocal05

Not sure what this does, but it doesn't look like anything special. Additionally, the wraith (which also cloaks) doesn't have these.

Plz halp.

None.

Jun 18 2008, 6:53 pm Fyrinite Post #39

It's not iscript, it's some exe edits in FG. Since they should all be linked together(if the checkbox is checked), find one of the tech you need and enable it.

None.

Jun 18 2008, 7:30 pm HailFire Post #40

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
It's not iscript, it's some exe edits in FG. Since they should all be linked together(if the checkbox is checked), find one of the tech you need and enable it.

I don't quite follow, here. :ermm:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum