EndofAttackSquence:
wait 1
nobrkcodeend
ignorerest
playfram 0x11
wait 1
gotorepeatattk

I did include it.

And #... is just my little comment that you can add whatever you want in between the two commands.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jun 19 2008, 11:57 pm HailFire Post #62

Waaaaiiiiit a second, I think I might know what the problem is.

Code
nobrkcodestart
    randcondjmp     51     AttackStyle0
    randcondjmp     61     AttackStyle1
    randcondjmp     70     AttackStyle2
    randcondjmp     80     AttackStyle3
    randcondjmp     90     AttackStyle4
    randcondjmp     100     AttackStyle5
    randcondjmp     109     AttackStyle6
    randcondjmp     119     AttackStyle7
    randcondjmp     129     AttackStyle8
    randcondjmp     139     AttackStyle9
    randcondjmp     148     AttackStyle10
    randcondjmp     158     AttackStyle11
    randcondjmp     168     AttackStyle12
    randcondjmp     177     AttackStyle13
    randcondjmp     187     AttackStyle14
    randcondjmp     197     AttackStyle15
    randcondjmp     207     AttackStyle16
    randcondjmp     216     AttackStyle17
    randcondjmp     226     AttackStyle18
    randcondjmp     236     AttackStyle19

If I'm not mistaken, this block tells it to check for AttackStyle0, with 51/255 chance of using AttackStyle0. If no, it checks for AttackStyle1 and so forth. If yes at any point along the way, it immediately jumps to that attack's header, firing its one attack and going to endofattacksequence, where it wraps up the attack animation and signals for gotorepeatattk.

Which is why it's only firing one missile.

Amirite? :unsure:

None.

Jun 20 2008, 12:03 am A_of-s_t Post #63

aka idmontie

Yes... My version only fires one missile. That's why I gave you the .js source code so you can edit it to your own liking.

However, there is a cool idea you can do:

Have each attack loop back to the main attack loop and have a random jump in the attack loop that goes to the cool down. That way it will fire a random amount of shots. However, the unit CAN fire infinitely (theoritically).

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 20 2008, 12:10 am HailFire Post #64

Quote from A_of-s_t
Yes... My version only fires one missile. That's why I gave you the .js source code so you can edit it to your own liking.

However, there is a cool idea you can do:

Have each attack loop back to the main attack loop and have a random jump in the attack loop that goes to the cool down. That way it will fire a random amount of shots. However, the unit CAN fire infinitely (theoritically).

But if I can just stick additional attack commands in, doesn't it make the whole huge attack loop rather pointless?

Also, do the turn commands cause the missiles to veer off target? That was basically the whole point of this exercise: A short (but rapid) spray of missiles affecting an area around the selected target (in this case, anti-air only).

My brain hurts. :-(

None.

Jun 20 2008, 12:14 am A_of-s_t Post #65

aka idmontie

Yes, the turn causes the attack to veer off. It works with halo or go to max range behavior.

Goto my .js code and just plop in another attack 1 line... its quite simple.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 20 2008, 12:41 pm ShadowFlare Post #66

If you want them to go in sequence, but randomly skip each one, you could do something like this partial example:

Code
   randcondjmp     204     EndOfAttackStyle0
# code for AttackStyle0
EndOfAttackStyle0:
   randcondjmp     194     EndOfAttackStyle1
# code for AttackStyle1
EndOfAttackStyle1:
   randcondjmp     185     EndOfAttackStyle2
# code for AttackStyle2
EndOfAttackStyle2:

I don't really know if those are good numbers or not, I just reversed the ones above. :rolleyes:

None.

Jun 21 2008, 1:05 am A_of-s_t Post #67

aka idmontie

For some odd reason, I've never thought of doing that for attacks :P. Only for skipping certain animations. Nice idea.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 21 2008, 4:43 am HailFire Post #68

Finally got back to working on this (no way in hell's it going to make M3): Decided I was fed up with problems I was having with dragoon .grp bugs encountered while working on the iscripting, thus undid the units.dat and iscript changes and turned my attention towards the goliath.

I then spent two minutes giving it a working spread attack. :lol:

I actually drew the technique from A_of-s_t's first post after my initial request: Before you people started burying me under mountains of (apparently unnecessary) iscript. :bleh:

Apparently, half the problem was that I forgot to turn on "Attack 3x3 Area" in weapons.dat. :><:

EDIT: Almost forgot, just one small obsticle before I can finish this unit: No matter how many missiles it spews, they only affect the selected target in the 3x3 area. Just create an iscript entry for the goliath missiles and copy/paste in the halo rocket properties?

None.

Jun 21 2008, 4:56 am A_of-s_t Post #69

aka idmontie

Is the weapon using the halo behavior?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 21 2008, 4:59 am HailFire Post #70

Quote from A_of-s_t
Is the weapon using the halo behavior?

DatEdit -> weapons.dat -> (8) Hellfire Missile Pack (Normal) -> Graphical Properties -> Behaviour -> Attack Target 3x3 Area

If that's what you mean, then yes.

None.

Jun 21 2008, 5:07 am A_of-s_t Post #71

aka idmontie

I haven't seen the new dat edit, but Im pretty sure there a weapon behavior that is "halo." Then change the flingy turn radius to a really small number.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 21 2008, 5:12 am HailFire Post #72

The problem isn't that the missiles aren't spreading; they're doing that just fine. Similarly, all of the missiles that hit the target are doing damage.

The problem is that the missiles are only affecting the selected target, and don't damage other enemy air units within the 3x3 target grid, no matter how many missiles should be damaging them.

Retroedit: The DatEdit weapon behaviour list is as follows:

-Fly and Don't Follow Target
-Fly and Follow Target
-Appear on Target Unit
-Psionic Storm
-Appear on Target Site
-Appear on Attacker
-Attack & Self Destruct
-Bounce
-Attack Target 3x3 Area
-Go to Max. Range

None.

Jun 21 2008, 5:16 am A_of-s_t Post #73

aka idmontie

EDITTED:

Effect: Splash Radial

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 21 2008, 5:27 am HailFire Post #74

It's working good now, thanks for the help. ^^

None.

Jun 24 2008, 6:18 am HailFire Post #75

NEW QUESTION: I'm trying to make two goliath type units, but they have different turret graphics/attacks. Since both default goliaths use the same iscript entry, I trekked forth to duplicate the goliath and turret onto unused units in order to make a pseudo-clone of the unit for my purposes. I copy/pasted the Goliath Base's iscript over the Ultralisk and the Goliath Turret's iscript over the Corsair, edited the headers where needed in order to avoid errors (including telling the ultralisk to summon a corsair.grp overlay during init), set the corsair to be a subunit, and the ultralisk to have the corsair as a subunit in units.dat, and poked firegraft into letting me build the abomination for testing.

The game crashes when I click the 'build' button. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with me not applying a .lo file for the unit/subunit relation, but I have NO FUCKING IDEA how to use loedit because the bare-bones readme and super-efficient design give no clue as to how to actually use the fucking program.

Also, FireGraft won't let me delete entries while modifying .dat requirements, WHAT THE SHIT.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 7:03 am Fyrinite Post #76

Deleting entries isn't needed for Dat Requirements. if you don't need the entry, uncheck the used checkbox. Although this does bring up a good possible feature, deleting all items at once. I'll consider it for the next version.

If you mean each individual requirement(which is an item to me), then just click open the button tab and then go back to the requirements tab and then you can magically delete them. A little unintentional bug I put in trying to make it idiot safe.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 7:07 am HailFire Post #77

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
If you mean each individual requirement(which is an item to me), then just click open the button tab and then go back to the requirements tab and then you can magically delete them. A little unintentional bug I put in trying to make it idiot safe.

This. Thanks for the protip.

None.

Jun 25 2008, 9:34 pm slient Post #78

The game crashes when I click the 'build' button. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with me not applying a .lo file for the unit/subunit relation, but I have NO FUCKING IDEA how to use loedit because the bare-bones readme and super-efficient design give no clue as to how to actually use the fucking program.
Try editing the Ultralisk in images.dat to use the same .lol file as the Goliath base...

None.

Jun 25 2008, 10:19 pm HailFire Post #79

Quote from slient
Try editing the Ultralisk in images.dat to use the same .lol file as the Goliath base...

Told you I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. :bleh:

The ultra no longer crashes when I click the button: It now crashes on init. I'm pretty sure I can puzzle tis one out, though. :P

EDIT: Found one of the other reasons it was crashing (it's still crashing, though):

Code
Ultralisk_StarEditInit:
    imgol               929 0 0     # Corsair (terran\corsair.grp)

Durr hurr hurr. :disgust:

EDIT 2: Winrar is me! Found the other reason it crashed: I forgot to edit corsair's init, wherein it was trying to call on (the non-existant) frameset 7.

However, even though it works now, the unit still behaves somewhat oddly: When newly constructed, the turret doesn't orient correctly with the base for a short while, and the unit will fire while moving (although I personally find this rather righteous, and may not attempt to remove this feature).

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2008, 10:42 pm by HailFire.

None.

Jun 25 2008, 10:47 pm Polaris Post #80

Yeah, I made it fire while moving too with CU's bulldog. Pretty neat. You just need a nobrkcode in the attack for the turret. Thus, while the legs move, the turret will not stop shooting.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum