Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Moar modding questions
Moar modding questions
Jun 11 2008, 9:50 pm
By: HailFire
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Jun 29 2008, 1:58 am HailFire Post #81

New question: How do I shot web make buildings morph into units (another bit from PM {aka Nerien Guard buildings deconstructing}, but I'm using it for an experimental {and top-sekrit} third race)?

EDIT: Disregard, I have a theory that should work.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2008, 3:29 am by HailFire.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 2:48 am HailFire Post #82

Yet another question: I'm trying to make a bunker/dropship hybrid. Does anyone know how best to achieve it? The bunker seems to have precious little information attatched to it, so I think that it may be hardcoded. Would I just be better off removing the bunker's building status, making it buildable out of a structure, and making it fly?

None.

Jun 30 2008, 3:23 am FlyingHat Post #83

Quote from HailFire
Yet another question: I'm trying to make a bunker/dropship hybrid. Does anyone know how best to achieve it? The bunker seems to have precious little information attatched to it, so I think that it may be hardcoded. Would I just be better off removing the bunker's building status, making it buildable out of a structure, and making it fly?
I've never experimented with the bunker but I'll tell you what I know.
People have tried this. The thing that makes units able to shoot out of a bunker is the .lo overlay that it's using. You can make any unit use the overlay and hold units. The problem is that the units stay/shoot from where they have loaded.

Simply put:
1. Give the marine the ability to move load units and give it the bunker overlay.
2. Load several firebats in the marine.
3. Move marine from point A to point B.
4. Zerglings happen to stumble across point A.
5. Zerglings are fried.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 3:28 am HailFire Post #84

Quote from FlyingHat
Quote from HailFire
I've never experimented with the bunker but I'll tell you what I know.
People have tried this. The thing that makes units able to shoot out of a bunker is the .lo overlay that it's using. You can make any unit use the overlay and hold units. The problem is that the units stay/shoot from where they have loaded.

Simply put:
1. Give the marine the ability to move load units and give it the bunker overlay.
2. Load several firebats in the marine.
3. Move marine from point A to point B.
4. Zerglings happen to stumble across point A.
5. Zerglings are fried.

Goddammit. >:(

Fucking hardcoding getting in the way of us making SC our bitch. You sure there's no way to get the overlay to follow the unit?

None.

Jun 30 2008, 4:21 am Corbo Post #85

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Actually, I was talking to DoA once and he mentioned something about that it was very possible to have mobile bunkers and so.
I did not ask any further information cause that wasn't what I asked him :P

I do not know how but I do can give you a way to bypass it.
Use a building -> unit morph. Like say... Siege tank, but then you'd have to press a button everytime you wish to move or attack.

Anyway, I posted because I desperately needed to correct hat.
Hat, the thing that makes bunker shoot isn't a .lo file. .lo files are only overlay information and overlays are not attacks :P

fuck you all

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum