Aug 28 2007, 6:08 pm
By: Demented Shaman
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >

Feb 28 2009, 7:07 pm Demented Shaman Post #121

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:Barack Obama
Quote from Brontobyte
Anyone know any sprites that crash the current maphacks, or anything except for EUDs that will work? I want a method that won't break after every SC patch.

I'm just taking a wild guess that you didn't already A)Think of this, and/or B)Already have this. Instead of sprites why not just use a Protoss Arbiter to hide the cards one has? Make it constantly move to the same position so the user can't move it. I'm sure everything around it would be invincible so there's no need to worry about the user attacking shit.
http://www.battlehacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555

Also, it's clear you're unfamiliar with the map. It would be possible to cloak the card units, but there would be no reason to move the arbiters to prevent the users from moving them, because the cards aren't owned by the players and therefore the arbiters used to cloak them wouldn't be owned by the players either. If I were to use arbiters to cloak units they would be arbiters owned by players 8-11. Someone who has actually played the map would know that.

Wow, they have everything these days.

I never said I played the game. I have never played it nor do I plan on it. I was just throwing some ideas across. It appears that I'm not as up-to-date as you are on all the various types of hacks there are for StarCraft.
My point is you shouldn't make suggestions that specifically deal with how the map works if you don't even know how it works.

Hell, even if you looked at one of the many screenshots I've posted you could see that the players do not own the cards. You could have even read the first post where I describe that unit color = suit.

None.

Feb 28 2009, 9:41 pm Decency Post #122

Is it possible to have the cards owned by a rescuable computer player for the duration of the map, so that they can be owned by the player and retain their color? Each hand, they could simply be given back to the applicable computer player. If so there's a number of different ways you could hide them to cheaters. You'd need 4 computers, though, and I don't know how rescuables work with P>8.

None.

Feb 28 2009, 9:54 pm Demented Shaman Post #123

Quote from name:FaZ-
Is it possible to have the cards owned by a rescuable computer player for the duration of the map, so that they can be owned by the player and retain their color? Each hand, they could simply be given back to the applicable computer player. If so there's a number of different ways you could hide them to cheaters. You'd need 4 computers, though, and I don't know how rescuables work with P>8.
I don't think rescuables will work. I'm not going to have 4 comps and P>8 can't be set to rescuable, and if you give their units to comps they will lose their color.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 5:32 pm Brontobyte Post #124

Okay, I played the game and I feel I have a general understanding of what's going on. My suggestion is to change the "TURN" text into "YOUR TURN". :D

None.

Mar 1 2009, 6:59 pm Demented Shaman Post #125

Quote from Brontobyte
Okay, I played the game and I feel I have a general understanding of what's going on. My suggestion is to change the "TURN" text into "YOUR TURN". :D
That suggestion is worse than your last suggestion. "Turn" refers to the 4th community card. :-_-:

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:04 pm Pyro682 Post #126

How about changing everything from CAPITALS AND REALLY ANNOYING TEXT LIKE THIS into this, which normal and doesn't hurt my eyes?

You could add in a high level of betting, too, to make the game closer to what its representing.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:07 pm Demented Shaman Post #127

Quote from Pyro682
How about changing everything from CAPITALS AND REALLY ANNOYING TEXT LIKE THIS into this, which normal and doesn't hurt my eyes?
No.

Quote from Pyro682
You could add in a high level of betting, too, to make the game closer to what its representing.
Not practical.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:09 pm Pyro682 Post #128

Quote from Pyro682
No.

Quote from Pyro682
"I'm too lazy to throw in a few extra triggers to make the game actually poker."

Why bother asking for input if you just plan on Refuting it all?
Why can't you get rid of the caps?

Btw, Can't you make the arbiters owned by computer players and throw in some detectors, and spread out the "Card Dealings" area so people can see theirs, but not other people's cards?

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:14 pm Demented Shaman Post #129

Quote from Pyro682
Quote from Pyro682
No.

Quote from Pyro682
"I'm too lazy to throw in a few extra triggers to make the game actually poker."

Why bother asking for input if you just plan on Refuting it all?
Why can't you get rid of the caps?
I find your attitude insulting. I just came from doing a test and was going to reconsider your idea, but now I'm not going to bother if you're going to act this way.

Btw, Can't you make the arbiters owned by computer players and throw in some detectors, and spread out the "Card Dealings" area so people can see theirs, but not other people's cards?
What?

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:16 pm Pyro682 Post #130

Attitude? I was asking a question, perfectly just for "No.", and the lack of reason for it.

If its too "Impractical" for you, I can add in the betting system. I won't even ask for credit on the map, hahahahaha

1) Make 1 Arbiter for each color for the cards.
2) Put detectors For each player at their spot so they can see the cards.
3) Make sure it is Null terran instead of space terrain, so it is easier to see the colors.
4) Move The players' Card areas away from eachother, so Player 1 cant see Player 2's cards with his detector.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:19 pm Demented Shaman Post #131

Quote from Pyro682
Attitude? I was asking a question, perfectly just for "No.", and the lack of reason for it.
Do I need a reason? Caps vs no caps is just a matter of opinion. Out of the many people that have played the map you're the only one that has complained about it. I don't see an overwhelming need to change it. You also make it sound as if everything is in capitals, which it is not.

Quote from Pyro682
If its too "Impractical" for you, I can add in the betting system. I won't even ask for credit on the map, hahahahaha
Have fun.

1) Make 1 Arbiter for each color for the cards.
2) Put detectors For each player at their spot so they can see the cards.
3) Make sure it is Null terran instead of space terrain, so it is easier to see the colors.
4) Move The players' Card areas away from eachother, so Player 1 cant see Player 2's cards with his detector.
What's the point of cloaking the cards?

Have you even played the map?

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:22 pm Pyro682 Post #132

So Player 1 Cant See Player 2's, Player 3's, Player 4's, and Player 5's cards.
Do you play all of your Texas Hold'em Poker Games with open hands?
Have you even played Poker before?
And yes, I played the map.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:23 pm Demented Shaman Post #133

Quote from Pyro682
So Player 1 Cant See Player 2's, Player 3's, Player 4's, and Player 5's cards.
Do you play all of your Texas Hold'em Poker Games with open hands?
Have you even played Poker before?
And yes, I played the map.
See, I can't take your suggestions seriously when you don't even have an understanding of the map.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:25 pm Norm Post #134

Out of all this, i would say that high stakes (add a '000' on every dollar amount currently in the map) would add excitement.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:26 pm Pyro682 Post #135

See What? I understand the map perfectly fine. Its why i know that there are Capitals in everything, because I have played it before. I don't see where you fail to understand that.

Show me where I don't understand the map.

---Edit---
Apparently, Barack Obama didn't see my post. Do I still have permission to add in a betting system? Or is it "practical" enough for you now? :bleh:

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2009, 12:32 am by Doodan. Reason: Removing inciting remarks - you need to improve your attitude ar

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:30 pm Demented Shaman Post #136

Quote from Norm
Out of all this, i would say that high stakes (add a '000' on every dollar amount currently in the map) would add excitement.
That would be very possible, since multiplying every by the same factor of 10 wouldn't really change the triggers or require additional ones. It would only change the numbers.

Of course, it would have to be it's own version.
Quote from Pyro682
See What? I understand the map perfectly fine. Its why i know that there are Capitals in everything, because I have played it before. I don't see where you fail to understand that.

Show me where I don't understand the map.
You obviously don't understand the map if you think you can see other players' hands.

---Edit---
Apparently, Barack Obama didn't see my post. Do I still have permission to add in a betting system? Or, since Norm likes the idea, is it "practical" enough for you now? :bleh:
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Norm's suggestion just requires every number to be multiplied by a factor of ten like 1000. This would only affect the numbers and not anything else in the map. The total number of chips at the table would still be a factor 900.

You did not specify that you only wanted to add zeroes to every number, which makes the change completely different.

Furthermore, Norm's suggestion is only about chip counts. I don't know what the hell you're referring to when you say "betting system" because a betting system already exists.

EDIT: Also, even though Norm's suggestion is better it's still not exactly practical since I'd have to go through 5000 triggers and find the numbers that need to be multiplied, since not every single number in the map has to do with chips.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2009, 12:33 am by Doodan. Reason: removing pyro's quote

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:33 pm Pyro682 Post #137

I've played the Map. I've seen other player's hands many times.

Do I need to show you a screen Shot, or can you figure it out all by yourself?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2009, 12:33 am by Doodan. Reason: more attitude adjustment

None.

Mar 1 2009, 7:38 pm Demented Shaman Post #138

Quote from Pyro682
I've played the Map. I've seen other player's hands many times.

Do I need to show you a screen Shot, or can you figure it out all by your self?
You need to show a screenshot so I can tell you how you're wrong.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2009, 12:34 am by Doodan. Reason: pyro's quote again

None.

Mar 1 2009, 8:49 pm fritfrat Post #139

I have to admit, I am also completely lost. What is a "high level of betting" supposed to mean? Isn't Poker kind of already about betting? And if it's just adding 0's, that is a total waste of time, since it's already playable as it is.
Capitals make it easier to read. Pyro might just be trolling, too..

None.

Mar 1 2009, 11:26 pm Brontobyte Post #140

What about changing the bet amounts? 1/4/16/64 to 1/5//25/50? I don't get where the first set came from.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum