Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Scopes Trial
Scopes Trial
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 28 2008, 4:11 am
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 712 >

Mar 29 2008, 10:13 pm Demented Shaman Post #81

Quote from isolatedpurity
It doesn't matter what you call the year because it doesn't change the year.
However, you tell me what year it truly is.
I can't tell you what year it "truly" is. Now so what?

Note, I'm assuming a "true" year exists.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:13 pm Syphon Post #82

It doesn't matter what you call the year because it doesn't change the year.
However, you tell me what year it truly is.

Relative to what?

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:14 pm Forsaken Archer Post #83

Relative to what?
exactly.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:14 pm Demented Shaman Post #84

Relative to what?
exactly.
Sorry, I'm an idiot. What is the point?

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:16 pm Forsaken Archer Post #85

Dwell on it devilesk while I go back to coding :)

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:17 pm Demented Shaman Post #86

Nah, I'll just wait for you to explain it.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:18 pm Syphon Post #87

Relative to what?
exactly.

It's roughly the year 4.6 billion of the Earth. It's the year 2008 CE for us bipedal hominids.

I would've just said 2008, but you'd have said something to stupid and irrelevant to flee the truth that yes, it is indeed that year.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:39 pm cheeze Post #88

The uncertainty principle IS the explanation. If you're going to ask US for scientific proof, you have to be willing to give it out.
It's a concept that provides a current "explanation" to what nature does. But, it does not explain how it works.

What's that? ANOTHER NAIL IN GOD'S COFFIN?
Hardly, it goes the other way too. Even if those occurred, it doesn't disprove anything.

No, God can just "exist" without having a creator even though the universe can't. LULZ
Why do we have to think about God? What if we were created by aliens. Scary!

No. A past time line going to infinity doesn't imply a future one. And anyways... If they're happening now they're present, not past. Things very similar could have happened a definite number of seconds ago, even as the number of seconds approaches infinity, but they're still different events, no matter how similar, even identical they are.
That's where you're wrong. Two events can be identical since time is completely relative. There is no "past" and "future" relative to space.

More on topic, Creationism is a ridiculous idea, just as ridiculous as God existing. What, God created everything once, then just left it, never to repeat any other miracle?
My question would be, why can't that be a possibility, regardless of correctness?

Your "logic" doesn't make sense anyway.
You make even less sense!

Who's saying we aren't infinite?
To a photon, we are.
No, we're still finite.

Ir's really humiliating having dumasses like bronto represnt the non believing community. Plz stfu.
Stfu. K thnx.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:42 pm Demented Shaman Post #89

Quote from devilesk

Quote from cheeze
What's that? ANOTHER NAIL IN GOD'S COFFIN?
Hardly, it goes the other way too. Even if those occurred, it doesn't disprove anything.
It does, but the point is that they're trying to use proof of those events occurring as proof of god. Burden of proof d00d

Quote from cheeze
No, God can just "exist" without having a creator even though the universe can't. LULZ
Why do we have to think about God? What if we were created by aliens. Scary!
What if those aliens were god. What is god?

Quote from cheeze
More on topic, Creationism is a ridiculous idea, just as ridiculous as God existing. What, God created everything once, then just left it, never to repeat any other miracle?
My question would be, why can't that be a possibility, regardless of correctness?
Everything's a possibility.

Fuck the quote limit.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:47 pm Demented Shaman Post #90

Quote from cheeze
Your "logic" doesn't make sense anyway.
You make even less sense!
Yea, I find it hard to make sense when I don't know what the hell the other guy is trying to say.

Quote from cheeze
Who's saying we aren't infinite?
To a photon, we are.
No, we're still finite.
Define "us"

Quote from cheeze
Ir's really humiliating having dumasses like bronto represnt the non believing community. Plz stfu.
Stfu. K thnx.
/agree.

Fuck the quote limit.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:49 pm SiN Post #91

Quote from ClansAreForGays

Same goes to JordanN, on a believing community. It's simply the truth that creationism is mostly full of idiots. (ugh i just know that someone is going to try and criticize me for that comment).

My question to all non-believers (in a supreme entity) is simply: Without a supreme entity, how did anything exist in the first place? With time being infinite, and there is infinite causes to every action, all that it is saying is that nothing exists. Nothing will exist, because nothing can exist, because nothing could have existed. Unless there is a certain divinity that created it all.

So my understanding to non-believers is that they believe that no one exists, because they never existed. But that can be defeated by simple logic.
I suppose that's just where faith comes in.

edit: ahh damn 3 posts while i was posting lol :><:

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:51 pm Symmetry Post #92

Dungeon Master

Quote from SiN
My question to all non-believers (in a supreme entity) is simply: Without a supreme entity, how did anything exist in the first place?

The same way your supreme entity existed in the first place.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 29 2008, 10:52 pm cheeze Post #93

Define "us"
People. Are. Made. Out. Of. Finite. Number. Of. Particles.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:52 pm Demented Shaman Post #94

Quote from SiN
Quote from ClansAreForGays

Same goes to JordanN, on a believing community. It's simply the truth that creationism is mostly full of idiots. (ugh i just know that someone is going to try and criticize me for that comment).

My question to all non-believers (in a supreme entity) is simply: Without a supreme entity, how did anything exist in the first place? With time being infinite, and there is infinite causes to every action, all that it is saying is that nothing exists. Nothing will exist, because nothing can exist, because nothing could have existed. Unless there is a certain divinity that created it all.

So my understanding to non-believers is that they believe that no one exists, because they never existed. But that can be defeated by simple logic.
I suppose that's just where faith comes in.
The nonbeliever would answer, they don't know how anything existed "in the first place" assuming there was an origin.

However, if the universe was infinite and everything had a cause I don't see how you are concluding that nothing ever existed.

Logic doesn't defeat anything that a nonbeliever thinks, because a nonbeliever only believes in things that are logical. Lulz.

The only difference is that believers fill in their lack of knowledge with faith.

And now for the real point. Just because there may have been an origin, the start of EVERYTHING, doesn't mean it had to be a supreme being, let alone the Christian god out of all the gods there are in the world. It could have been some supernatural unknown force. A start in no way applies a sentient being.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 29 2008, 10:58 pm by devilesk.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:54 pm Demented Shaman Post #95

Quote from cheeze
Define "us"
Which. may. infinitely. exist.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:54 pm Forsaken Archer Post #96

Quote from devilesk
That there is no answer to the question.

Quote from Syphon
Relative to what?
exactly.
It's roughly the year 4.6 billion of the Earth. It's the year 2008 CE for us bipedal hominids.

I would've just said 2008, but you'd have said something to stupid and irrelevant to flee the truth that yes, it is indeed that year.
"Time" doesn't start with the earth though, obviously.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:57 pm Demented Shaman Post #97

Quote from devilesk
That there is no answer to the question.
Not even to "god"?

Anyway, explain how the question (restate it please, I'm not even sure which question you mean), connects to everything else you've previously stated, all the way back to how an infinite universe is illogical. Thanks.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 10:59 pm cheeze Post #98

Quote from devilesk
Quote from cheeze
Define "us"

no that's finite as well.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 11:02 pm Demented Shaman Post #99

Quote from cheeze
Quote from devilesk
Quote from cheeze
Define "us"

no that's finite as well.
Finite how? Are you referring to specific form as in it going from matter to energy, and therefore not being finite? My perspective of it being infinite encompasses all of that. Assuming string theory, all the way up to the strings that are vibrating.

None.

Mar 29 2008, 11:03 pm Forsaken Archer Post #100

(restate it please, I'm not even sure which question you mean)
The question was: What year is it truly?
Syphon asked: Relative to what?
To which there is no anwser, because "What" can not be defined with an infinite time line as there are an infinite amount of origins.
Just think about what that means and you might understand more what I'm saying.
I'll make a big wrap up post later.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 712 >
  Back to forum