Clans
Mar 10 2008, 11:03 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Aug 5 2008, 6:13 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #41

👻 👾 👽 💪

ASCII is 1-127, which are the typable characters (well, 32-127. 0-31 are control characters.) 128 can be produced with a keyboard, but it is a keystroke (ctrl+backspace).
What if you have a non-English keyboard? :P (EDIT: Is that what you meant by 'standard'?)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 5 2008, 4:12 pm Moose Post #42

We live in a society.

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
ASCII is 1-127, which are the typable characters (well, 32-127. 0-31 are control characters.) 128 can be produced with a keyboard, but it is a keystroke (ctrl+backspace).
What if you have a non-English keyboard? :P (EDIT: Is that what you meant by 'standard'?)
`1234567890-=~!@#%$%^&*()_+qwertyuiop[]\QWERTYUIOP{}|ASDFGHJKL:"asdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,./ZXCVBNM<>? (space)
There. No ambiguity. Those are what I intend for the allowed characters.

Aug 9 2008, 9:16 pm Brontobyte Post #43

Whats up with my clan?

http://www.staredit.net/clan/74/

Did you or IP delete it? O_O'

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:24 pm Forsaken Archer Post #44

do you really have to ask?

None.

Aug 9 2008, 9:25 pm Brontobyte Post #45

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
do you really have to ask?

Well, why did it? It had active members...

None.

Aug 9 2008, 10:37 pm NudeRaider Post #46

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Why is submitting maps / mods a requirement for clans?
Was that the only reason Brontos clan was deleted?
Imo the only requirement for a clan should be that there are enough active ppl interested in it. (Power to the people. ;) )
It shouldn't be the admin's worry what the purpose / agenda of the clan is.

I'm at SEN mainly because I like to help in UMS assistance.
And I never wanted to join a clan because of the expectations that usually grow from membership.
I liked Brontos clan because there seemed to be no such expectations.
I could just be a member, do whatever I want and have some feeling of clan community, maybe some testers to help me with my maps, some ppl to talk to if bored, etc.

Btw. someone do something about that BBcode not getting processed... It's annoying -thx.

Aug 9 2008, 10:42 pm KyleIs1337 Post #47

Nude, you mean the smileys? :) ;) ? But, yeah, I agree with Nude. I have most of my posts in UMS Mapmaking Assistance and most of them are helping people. I have a few topics about needing help myself. Why did it have to get deleted. Those clans on StarCraft take this way to seriously. They say you have to log in the site every day and inform us if you or going to vacation or some shit like that. If it had members that are active then don't delete it. If a clan is created gets some active members and they stay active, why the **** should you delete it?

Aug 9 2008, 11:03 pm Brontobyte Post #48

Quote from NudeRaider
Why is submitting maps / mods a requirement for clans?
Was that the only reason Brontos clan was deleted?
Imo the only requirement for a clan should be that there are enough active ppl interested in it. (Power to the people. ;) )
It shouldn't be the admin's worry what the purpose / agenda of the clan is.

I'm at SEN mainly because I like to help in UMS assistance.
And I never wanted to join a clan because of the expectations that usually grow from membership.
I liked Brontos clan because there seemed to be no such expectations.
I could just be a member, do whatever I want and have some feeling of clan community, maybe some testers to help me with my maps, some ppl to talk to if bored, etc.

Btw. someone do something about that BBcode not getting processed... It's annoying -thx.

I would have to agree with you NudeRaider. I also do some R&R in other forums as well, but I enjoy the feeling of helping out a new map maker solve there triggering problems. I always liked it when experienced map makers (Kenoli, ShadowRune, Clokr_, Lethal_Illusion, ect...) helped me out back a year ago.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 11:22 pm Demented Shaman Post #49

Stfu. If my legit clan was deleted then Brontobyte's noob clan should be deleted. And if your argument is that a lot of respected and skilled mapmakers were in Bronto's clan then take a look at the people who I had in my clan.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 11:31 pm Brontobyte Post #50

Quote from name:devilesk
Stfu. If my legit clan was deleted then Brontobyte's noob clan should be deleted. And if your argument is that a lot of respected and skilled mapmakers were in Bronto's clan then take a look at the people who I had in my clan.

:lol: Dude, it was deleted over 1 hour ago.

None.

Aug 9 2008, 11:32 pm Demented Shaman Post #51

Quote from Brontobyte

:lol: Dude, it was deleted over 1 hour ago.
I know it's deleted. My post is in response to you and other people whining about the fact that it was deleted.

None.

Aug 10 2008, 12:35 am Echo Post #52

In my CheF forum, when I try to edit, it is replaced with Edit Poll, but it isn't a poll. Also, I have no moderator access.

Aug 13 2008, 8:47 pm Kaias Post #53

In the clans page, on the left where it lists your clans, the view link should be above the manage one.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 8:49 pm Echo Post #54

Can we switch back to the old clan forum style we had?
The one like this
Code
Clan [MM]                                                 Topics            Latest Post
Description - blah blah                                         Posts
Clan Oo                                                             Topics           Latest Post
Description - blah blah                                         Post
Clan CheF                                                          Topics            Latest Post
Description - bla                                                Posts

I think it was easier like that to see new posts and such.

None.

Aug 15 2008, 4:07 am poiuy_qwert Post #55

PyMS and ProTRG developer

EcHo: Go to Settings > Forums > Forum Hosting Override. Put "32,33,36" without quotes in the text box, save, and there you go.

Aug 15 2008, 4:20 am Echo Post #56

Quote from poiuy_qwert
EcHo: Go to Settings > Forums > Forum Hosting Override. Put "32,33,36" without quotes in the text box, save, and there you go.
Wow! Thanks a bunch! This would really be great for IE users. Again thanks a billion.

None.

Aug 15 2008, 5:21 am ClansAreForGays Post #57

This is also great for IE users.

Aug 15 2008, 7:44 am StrikerX22 Post #58

My post is in response to you and other people whining about the fact that it was deleted.
Seriously, don't live in the past. Regulations will change. It sounds like from this post (and others) that if something didn't work out for you in the past, you'd rather it never worked out for anyone in the future. Why hold back progress and be so bitter acting?

On topic, I definitely see no reason for there to be such strict regulations on clans, such as via map submission. Does it really harm you to let it stay? One thing that keeps getting to me while on these forums is the tense, rule-bound feeling of a lot of the members... among other things. This place should be for two things overall: for things related to SC, and for fun. Rules help, they really do, but don't have such a tight grip through them. Just makes me not even want to spend time here sometimes, as much as I'd love to continue learning and supporting.

None.

Aug 15 2008, 1:45 pm Brontobyte Post #59

Quote from StrikerX22
My post is in response to you and other people whining about the fact that it was deleted.
Seriously, don't live in the past. Regulations will change. It sounds like from this post (and others) that if something didn't work out for you in the past, you'd rather it never worked out for anyone in the future. Why hold back progress and be so bitter acting?

Thats what he does.

Quote from StrikerX22
On topic, I definitely see no reason for there to be such strict regulations on clans, such as via map submission. Does it really harm you to let it stay? One thing that keeps getting to me while on these forums is the tense, rule-bound feeling of a lot of the members... among other things. This place should be for two things overall: for things related to SC, and for fun. Rules help, they really do, but don't have such a tight grip through them. Just makes me not even want to spend time here sometimes, as much as I'd love to continue learning and supporting.

I understand that I misused the clan feature on SEN for some pretty stupid reasons, but I would still like to create a sub-community of map makers to help others.

None.

Aug 15 2008, 5:05 pm Rawr Post #60

I love how dyne is referred to as BrontoByte's clan ;)

Anyways I have to agree with NudeRaider and StrikerX22.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum