Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Possible to edit triggers/map in real time?
Possible to edit triggers/map in real time?
Mar 5 2019, 11:30 pm
By: sethmachine  

Mar 5 2019, 11:30 pm sethmachine Post #1

Hi,

If I know how to parse the chk format, is there a trivial way to update a map as it's being played? This would be only for debugging/single player usage for map development.

For example, it would be cool in real time to add a new trigger to a map that's running, or delete triggers as it's playing.

I don't need EUDs, because I can just any program that would allow this, since it's only meant for offline usage.

For example, if I had a memory editor program, could I just edit the bytes stored for the Trigger section in memory and expect the map to reflect it in real time?

None.

Mar 9 2019, 7:54 pm Ultraviolet Post #2

I remember wanting this feature back in ye olden days. As far as I know, it's never been accomplished.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:22 am]
Roy -- For some reason I have the ability to check it via condition in EUDGen but not set it with an action, so I'm guessing at least some of them don't work as expected as EUD actions. Or I'm just bad and forgot to include them.
[02:18 am]
Roy -- I'm not sure if all of them work, but the offsets are 0x116 for the ensnare timer and 0x123 for whether or not the unit is blind.
[02:18 am]
Roy -- If you know the index ID of the unit, you could try setting the appropriate flags in memory with EUDs: http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/EUDDB/?pg=ref&a=unitnode
[02:16 am]
youarenotworthy -- Does anybody know is there any way to apply something like ensnare or optical flare on a unit without actually having a unit on the map cast it?
[08:45 am]
NudeRaider -- it's the same key tho
[08:43 am]
NudeRaider -- google quertz
[06:54 am]
Ultraviolet -- I think I'd need to see a picture of your keyboard to understand better. For me the keys are just right beside each other, no shift required for either :P
[06:53 am]
NudeRaider -- us poor Germans need to use shift in order to hit apostrophe. But that at least helps with accidental enter presses :)
[06:52 am]
Ultraviolet -- I've been having issues today with my damn pinkie hitting the enter key frequently when I try to hit the apostrophe :/
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: KrayZee, Roy, Dem0n, ShadowFlare, youarenotworthy, RamiroRobertson, Lanthanide, lil-Inferno