Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Brood War Alternate
Brood War Alternate
Jun 16 2018, 6:26 pm
By: UEDCommander
Pages: < 1 2 3 4

Oct 15 2019, 4:52 pm UEDCommander Post #61

Voiceacting flows, I follow

• Global - Added custom unit voicelines to Raszagal (both versions) and Zasz.
  • Global - Updated Stukov's unit voicelines for better quality.
  • Global - Improved pathfinding for Dragoons, Crimson Talons, Goliaths, Bulwark Company, Spartan Company, Carolina Devis. Yes, they are now capable of traversing the installation stairs.
  • Global - Updated readme.txt to include new credits (special assistance and voiceacting).
  • Protoss 03 - Full voiceacting added.
  • xZerg 1 - Voiceacting improved for better quality.
  • xZerg 4 - Full voiceacting added.

Humanity first. No matter the cost.

Oct 29 2019, 10:38 pm UEDCommander Post #62

Apparently in an effort to improve pathfinding of everyone's number one stucking units, I accidantelly broke their balance, as was pointed out by Connor. Thankfully, that's not the only thing pathfinding relies on.

• Global - Reverted Dragoons, Goliaths and their Elite counterparts size changes (pathfinding changes are still in place).
  • Global - Replaced unit voicelines for Cyphia, Gatherous, Sikari and Leader.
  • xZerg 2 - Full voiceacting added, player's Force name altered.
  • xZerg 3 - Full voiceacting added.

Nov 7 2019, 10:50 pm stalwart ghostess Post #63

Truly a monumental effort. I'm impressed by the sheer size of this project. I usually prefer campaigns set in the canonical universe of SC, but the idea of a parallel SC universe is really intriguing, reminds me of the Mirror Universe in Star Trek. Some missions were too hard for me, but I'll try again. My favorite mission is probably The Sky Falls, the Spore Cannon was a nifty concept. Keep up the good work!

None.

Nov 10 2019, 6:15 pm Zincoshine Post #64

This was a really interesting concept. At first I found the role switch between the 3 races to be hilarious but as time went on the novelty wore out and the constant grammar mistakes made it impossible to take the story seriously anymore and I had to stop and move on to the next custom campaign on my todo list. Still, well done, despite its shortcomings this is currently the best SCR mod available.

None.

Nov 10 2019, 9:55 pm UEDCommander Post #65

Quote from Zincoshine
the constant grammar mistakes made it impossible to take the story seriously anymore and I had to stop

You should try out Episodes 2, 5 and 6, they're the most fleshed out ones in terms of language. Fixes for the rest are pending.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4
  Back to forum