Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia #5: Epic˛
SEN Mafia #5: Epic˛
Jan 14 2008, 2:01 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 >

Feb 19 2008, 11:19 pm Moose Post #661

We live in a society.

You also investigated Dark_Marine_123 the first night, good call. Would've been some ownage if they didn't get you.

Feb 19 2008, 11:30 pm Dapperdan Post #662

Quote from DTBK
Your behavior from the getgo was abnormal, and I had you pinned especially after all the clues pointing your way.

It wasn't abnormal -- unless you are counting my not communicating with you via pm at any point abnormal. I'd like you to give an example of what was abnormal. And... what were all these clues? The noose was really the only one, although I must say that due to my knowledge of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" (Clint Eastwood movie, where my avatar was taken from) I would have gotten myself lynched fast on a huge clue if it weren't for the fact that it's not my job to incriminate myself -- the final epic scene of that movie involves a noose, etc.

Quote from DTBK
I was simply waiting for even more evidence to sway me, since it would be a really bad blow to the town if you turned out not to be mafia.

At least I had that going for me.

Quote from DTBK
I'm pretty sure sooner or later it would have occurred to you to just hit me and be done with it, because I had zero protection all game.

Not the night we were on, but over the next two nights I would imagine.

Quote from DTBK
If any mafia was going to live, it was Jordan, because I was going to go on and execute everyone one Echo's mafia list first.

I agree; echo's a douche.

Echo wasn't the only bad teammate I had though. In general, everyone on my team has little influence over people's opinions in these mafia games. Jordann was completely inactive and useless, but at least no one would accept my interpretations against him. Dark Marine helped a bit at start but as the game went on communicated zero with me despite any pm's I sent, and inexplicably abstained in a mistaken attempt to take heat off himself if DTBK got lynched and he was one of the key voters. I could go on, but you get the idea. Frazz was the only player who has any skills on my whole team past day/night cycle 1 (other than me).

None.

Feb 20 2008, 1:48 am chuiu Post #663

And now, my victory speech.

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what's I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Give you up, give you up
Give you up, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

None.

Feb 20 2008, 1:48 am chuiu Post #664

:D

None.

Feb 20 2008, 4:17 am FatalException Post #665

Quote from NerdyTerdy
Yeah.. I let the somewhat of a friendship I have with Dapper get in the way of things. In my defense he was the main advocate of EcHo's lynching. Although I knew he might do that, I was too trusting of him.
So uh... Next time I'm sure that I want to make a hit, LET ME MAKE A HIT, 'k? :/

None.

Feb 20 2008, 4:40 am EzDay281 Post #666

It wasn't abnormal -- unless you are counting my not communicating with you via pm at any point abnormal.
Well, there was your unusual lack of, "I'm God, Dapperdan for mayor!"
Or, "I'm God" at all.
As much as I don't care to trust behavioural analysis on most peoples' parts, I especially don't trust when people try to analyze themselves. I've seen too many people, including smart ones, fail at it, hard.

And... what were all these clues?
Wasn't the "revolver" association linked to you by someone, also?

Jordann was completely inactive and useless, but at least no one would accept my interpretations against him.
Well, he managed to avoid getting himself killed, atleast.

... is there any point to these discussions anymore, anyways? xP

None.

Feb 20 2008, 4:42 am Echo Post #667

Back at you too Dapper. You can't always play the leader role. You only got away because most people are on your penis non-stop. I was suprised that people actually followed your stupid interpretations, but considering that most of the active people was mafia, eh.

None.

Feb 20 2008, 5:12 am DT_Battlekruser Post #668

It wasn't abnormal -- unless you are counting my not communicating with you via pm at any point abnormal.

(a) You never made a serious attempt to run for mayor

(b) Like you said, you never tried to contact me in any way, instead choosing to remain aloof and confrontational (previous games you preferred to take people in on a lead to catch them slipping up)

(c) Frankly, all of your clue interpretations except the one on Echo were 110% bullshit. The fact you were so masterfully able to pin Echo would almost had made me certain you had to know he was mafia, had you not performed some of the same amazing logic leaps to correctly find half my mafia in #3. Either way it was a lose-lose situation though; I knew your potential, so your lack of any kind of decent clue analysis reeked of mafia.

Frazz was the only player who has any skills on my whole team past day/night cycle 1

Agreed, although I was on to him ever since Echo spent the entire time before he died trying to convince me via PM that frazz was mafia.

You have to remember though, all of my #3 mafia were retards too except Ezday. Of course, CAFG's dumbass-ness served to my advantage, my never mind that :P

None.

Feb 20 2008, 6:02 am frazz Post #669

Agreed, although I was on to him ever since Echo spent the entire time before he died trying to convince me via PM that frazz was mafia.
lolwut?

Moose: Would you have deleted Echo's post if he listed only mafia?

None.

Feb 20 2008, 6:51 am Paravin. Post #670

DTBK owns me a ''sorry'' for accusing me as mafia! ^^

None.

Feb 20 2008, 12:29 pm Ultraviolet Post #671

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Do you realize how utterly awful my mafia team was?

Considering Echo sold almost all of you out? Yeah :P

I still think I'd have been one of the last mafia standing, despite EzDay and DTBK's supsicions, in this game though. I was going to keep Nerdy alive with protection of his pardoning as long as he trusted me enough to do so.

Only if Nerdy pardoned you. You were going to die the next day, at least to the best of both my and EzDay's abilities. Your behavior from the getgo was abnormal, and I had you pinned especially after all the clues pointing your way. I was simply waiting for even more evidence to sway me, since it would be a really bad blow to the town if you turned out not to be mafia.

If Nerdy pardoned you, he would be lynched the next day to get you dead, but by then the mafia would probably have won. I'm pretty sure sooner or later it would have occurred to you to just hit me and be done with it, because I had zero protection all game.

Needless to say, I was fairly convinced that Nerdy was, in fact, the Pardoner, but it was clear he was feeding information to the mafia, so I was almost willing to believe that he was mafia, but I ultimately decided that really stupid townie was actually more likely.

If any mafia was going to live, it was Jordan, because I was going to go on and execute everyone one Echo's mafia list first.

I didn't actually tell him anyone's roles, so as I've been telling you for the past week or so, STFU, you don't know what you're talking about.

Feb 20 2008, 12:30 pm Ultraviolet Post #672

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
You also investigated Dark_Marine_123 the first night, good call. Would've been some ownage if they didn't get you.

I told him to do that >:-0

Feb 20 2008, 12:48 pm Moose Post #673

We live in a society.

EcHo was still alive when he was posting that stuff, so no, I wouldn't have deleted it.

Feb 20 2008, 3:09 pm frazz Post #674

Nerdy: Dapperdan did indeed get a lot of information from you, I think you may have told him a lot more than you intended.

None.

Feb 20 2008, 5:49 pm FatalException Post #675

Quote from NerdyTerdy

Then why didn't you tell me that you knew that he wa mafia so I could pwn his n00bs?? I'd believe the detective over the brother any day.

None.

Feb 20 2008, 7:40 pm Dapperdan Post #676

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
(a) You never made a serious attempt to run for mayor

No, I did. I was the first person to go "I want to be mayor". You guys actually called me out for still arguing for myself as mayor after it was pretty clear I wouldn't win (at least one of you did --> ezday/jaff/dtbk).

Quote from DTBK
(b) Like you said, you never tried to contact me in any way, instead choosing to remain aloof and confrontational (previous games you preferred to take people in on a lead to catch them slipping up)

Well, the fact I didn't try to join forces with you isn't necessarily something saying I'm mafia... in mafia #4 I worked with a of s t (who screwed me over by making laser's fake pm seem real, not including the fact that Laser Dude said "I'm awesome at faking PMs" right before he 'accidentally' linked to the pm with all the mafia on it), and in that game, I didn't work with you at all either. Also, the real reason I didn't try to team with you was because I was working with NerdyTerdy, which opposes my working with you as well (truly and completely). I don't think it was much of an indication I was mafia, it was just the way I was playing the game.

Quote from DTBK
(c) Frankly, all of your clue interpretations except the one on Echo were 110% bullshit. The fact you were so masterfully able to pin Echo would almost had made me certain you had to know he was mafia, had you not performed some of the same amazing logic leaps to correctly find half my mafia in #3. Either way it was a lose-lose situation though; I knew your potential, so your lack of any kind of decent clue analysis reeked of mafia.

All your interpretations that were superflous to the ones that everyone acknowledged, like the inferno/l)ark clues, also sucked. All of mine that weren't dead on were ones that I labeled as 'stretch' or 'unlikely', and I was very clear about it (I explained in the topic, clue intrepreting is defined by the best intrepretation, not that average worth of each one posted, or the worst one -- the bad ones just won't be applied). I interpreted the same way that I always do, excluding that time near the end of mafia #3 on double lynch day, when I took it to a whole new level -- searching wikipedia/google/etc. and going back through all the clues again to make my cases against a number of people. When I found the echo clue I had been specifically looking for an echo clue, but I think I could have done the same thing whether I knew he was mafia ahead of time or not. I still had to find the clue. You guys also didn't see just about any of my jordann intepretations, which I posed to Nerdy/EzDay multiple times (there were only a couple of them).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 20 2008, 7:46 pm by Dapperdan.

None.

Feb 21 2008, 12:52 am Dapperdan Post #677

Quote from EzDay
Well, there was your unusual lack of, "I'm God, Dapperdan for mayor!"
Or, "I'm God" at all.

There was only one other game with mayor that I played... and I won the election. The chances of me being elected again were slim. But, I still made plenty of an attempt to become mayor, not much differing from mafia #3 in amount. :-_-:

Quote from EzDay
Wasn't the "revolver" association linked to you by someone, also?

Incorrectly, yes. The boondocks also used revolvers and I could have brushed that interpretation away from my direction whenever necessary.

None.

Feb 21 2008, 2:39 am Ultraviolet Post #678

Quote from FatalException
Quote from NerdyTerdy

Then why didn't you tell me that you knew that he wa mafia so I could pwn his n00bs?? I'd believe the detective over the brother any day.

The detective didn't ever know that he investigated the right guy. He died.

Feb 21 2008, 2:44 am Moose Post #679

We live in a society.

Aye, when the Detective gets hit, I don't send him the results of his investigation.

Feb 21 2008, 4:14 am FatalException Post #680

Aye, when the Detective gets hit, I don't send him the results of his investigation.
Aw, man. I suppose that's the 'no-ghosting' rule... :(

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 >
  Back to forum