Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Problems with Current Modding Tools
Problems with Current Modding Tools
Mar 4 2015, 3:49 am
By: Sand Wraith
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 723 >

Dec 3 2015, 6:52 am Sand Wraith Post #81

she/her

The preview isn't live, but you can get one by using the checkmark, lol.

Dec 3 2015, 3:37 pm poiuy_qwert Post #82

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from Sand Wraith

http://i.imgur.com/2yEvrdz.png

I have highlighted a division in PyTBL that cannot be adjusted to the left/right. It would be great to have this function.
Added, thanks for the feedback.

Quote from Corbo
That's PyTBL?

My god PQ. I'd have thought you had string preview or at least a proper list with color formats and other codes with how they'd look. You're slacking in PyTBL :P

I'll break that one next.
PyTBL is one of the oldest programs in PyMS, so its definitely not as advanced as the new ones :P

If anyone has any more suggestions for improvements, not just bug reports, I would love to hear them!

Dec 3 2015, 7:19 pm Corbo Post #83

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Your list or preview might be wrong. I don't know how you're generating it (it is just emulates sc-like or if you figured out how to render it like actual-sc) either way it does not reflect the results.
(In here I tested characters and then made the ones that have the * a <4> so we can see the next results)

<10> Seems to be new line so does <12> (this or I don't know what truncate means :P)
I think <18> and <19> are really nothing. (Didn't try removing the orange to see if they're not actually orange)

Finally, after <26> you've got your colors all mixed up.

When I get home I will totally test all of them better if you can confirm this is actually how SC would do it and not just an emulation where SC might differ in some cases.

fuck you all

Dec 3 2015, 8:04 pm poiuy_qwert Post #84

Quote from Corbo

Your list or preview might be wrong. I don't know how you're generating it (it is just emulates sc-like or if you figured out how to render it like actual-sc) either way it does not reflect the results.
(In here I tested characters and then made the ones that have the * a <4> so we can see the next results)
The preview is using the fnt files and the tfontgam.pcx palette for colors, but i'm not using the palette the exact same way as sc. But also note that those lists of codes are just a guide and depend on where you are in SC.

Quote from Corbo
<10> Seems to be new line so does <12> (this or I don't know what truncate means :P)
I think <18> and <19> are really nothing.
The format <##> is just saying "give me character ##" (so I could use <33> and I'll get an exclamation point), character 10 is line feed and 12 is carriage return, both are "new lines" in multi-line context, but in a single line field it would act as a truncation. Thats an example of why these generic lists of codes should be treated as guides.

Finally, after <26> you've got your colors all mixed up.

When I get home I will totally test all of them better if you can confirm this is actually how SC would do it and not just an emulation where SC might differ in some cases.
This is probably due to the fact that I don't actually use tfontgam.pcx as a special palette to remap into individual terrain wpe palettes, I just use the palette included in tfontgam.pcx. This is because it would become too complicated for the user, they would end up not getting the settings right and thus getting the wrong colors anyway, so it is currently doing the most generic preview that should work for a vast majority of use cases. Unless FaRTy comes along and tells me i'm doing it all wrong I don't think i'll be changing it, but we'll see.

Dec 3 2015, 8:13 pm Corbo Post #85

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Unless FaRTy comes along and tells me i'm doing it all wrong I don't think i'll be changing it, but we'll see.
I'll go get him ;)

fuck you all

Dec 4 2015, 10:44 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #86

👻 👾 👽 💪

<18> and <19> are right and center, in that order.

Also, your list is indeed a bit mixed up.

This is what it should be:

Left is SCMD2, right is BinEdit 2.

26 through 29 are one color too low. I don't know 30's deal why you have it as yellow, but 26 should be another generic light blue (which in my testing is what P12 uses, but consistency with SCMD2 is probably easier).

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 5 2015, 12:10 am Corbo Post #87

Ha! See? :P

fuck you all

Dec 5 2015, 2:27 am poiuy_qwert Post #88

I see nothing wrong.

I totally did nothing and this is what its like now if you update:

:innocent:

Thanks!

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 5 2015, 3:52 am by poiuy_qwert.

Dec 5 2015, 3:45 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #89

👻 👾 👽 💪

Did corbo type them wrong then? :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 5 2015, 3:53 am poiuy_qwert Post #90

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Did corbo type them wrong then? :P
lol no I was being sarcastic, though I guess not obvious enough. I edited it to be more obvious :P

Dec 6 2015, 6:09 am Sand Wraith Post #91

she/her

PyGRP:

Last frame of result of importing in "Single BMP Vertical" mode with "229" frames. The white line at the bottom appears to be some sort of corruption -- the frame outline (red) should end as expected under the blood splatters.

(The imported *.bmp is of a Marine.)

The corruption does not display when the GRP is made from SF GRP Converter.

Additionally: maybe this bug has already been fixed. I think I might be one version behind on PyGRP.

Dec 6 2015, 6:10 am Hercanic Post #92

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Quote from Sand Wraith
I typod the thread title lol. You raise a good point though. I should take the time to upload some of the things I have. Many sites have died already making knowledge harder and harder to keep, one amongst them being Modcrafter's wiki disappearing.
Sorry about that. As the years go by, the lowest supported PHP version of the host changes, and the wiki software becomes outdated and incompatible. I need to update, but all the custom skin and extension work will be lost.

I noticed BWAI is down? Anyone know how long it's been that way? I was looking for the latest FireGraft EXE edit list that they had compiled on their forum.

As a side note, this thread began on my birthday, and not long after we found out my wife was pregnant. Now, as I type this, I have my 1-month-old daughter sleeping in my arms. =oD A lot sure can happen in 9 months!

Dec 6 2015, 6:12 am Sand Wraith Post #93

she/her

Congrats! I know, right?~

BWAI forum has been down for some time now, at least 7 months. Could be over a year by this point. The BWAPI project is certainly alive and kicking (Github). The forum is just... gone. I basically have no information on it.

Dec 13 2015, 7:11 pm poiuy_qwert Post #94

Quote from Sand Wraith
PyGRP:

Last frame of result of importing in "Single BMP Vertical" mode with "229" frames. The white line at the bottom appears to be some sort of corruption -- the frame outline (red) should end as expected under the blood splatters.

(The imported *.bmp is of a Marine.)

The corruption does not display when the GRP is made from SF GRP Converter.

Additionally: maybe this bug has already been fixed. I think I might be one version behind on PyGRP.
I can't reproduce this. Steps i took:
1) Extract marine.grp from stardat
2) Open with PyGRP and extract all frames to single vertical bmp
3) Create new GRP and import vertical bmp

So I would ask you to try the latest version and if that doesn't work, here are a few questions:
- Was your grp edited after step 1?
- Was a different program used to export the bmp?
- Was your bmp edited after step 2?
- Can I get the grp/bmp in question?

Quote from Hercanic
Quote from Sand Wraith
I typod the thread title lol. You raise a good point though. I should take the time to upload some of the things I have. Many sites have died already making knowledge harder and harder to keep, one amongst them being Modcrafter's wiki disappearing.
Sorry about that. As the years go by, the lowest supported PHP version of the host changes, and the wiki software becomes outdated and incompatible. I need to update, but all the custom skin and extension work will be lost.
Hey Herc, long time no see! I assumed that was what happened, its too bad, dealing with that stuff is always a pain.

Quote from Hercanic
I noticed BWAI is down? Anyone know how long it's been that way? I was looking for the latest FireGraft EXE edit list that they had compiled on their forum.
Yeah its been down for a while :( I thought it would come back like it always did but doesn't look like it :(

Quote from Hercanic
As a side note, this thread began on my birthday, and not long after we found out my wife was pregnant. Now, as I type this, I have my 1-month-old daughter sleeping in my arms. =oD A lot sure can happen in 9 months!
Wow, congrats man! Not long yet before you can start teaching her how to mod sc :P

Jan 31 2016, 9:02 pm KYSXD Post #95

Got some questions for PyGrp.

I was wondering if its possible to add a "play fixed frames/framesets" in order to preview parts of the .grp in a loop without showing the .grp entirely. For example running frames 30-145 in a loop (frame by frame or even jumping 17 frames).

Also, is possible to add an option to switch the numerical label from decimal to hexadecimal? (To show "Frame 0x11", for example)

These two could help when writing iscripts.

Jun 2 2016, 9:17 pm Neiv Post #96

Has poiuy been around lately?

PyDAT has this issue where opening a file will override entry #0 with whatever entry was selected before opening.
E.g.
1) Open PyDAT and select Spider Mine
2) Open another units.dat file
3) Marine's stats are overwritten by Spider Mine's

This bug happens with all other .dats as well.

None.

Jun 3 2016, 4:55 am poiuy_qwert Post #97

Quote from KYSXD
I was wondering if its possible to add a "play fixed frames/framesets" in order to preview parts of the .grp in a loop without showing the .grp entirely. For example running frames 30-145 in a loop (frame by frame or even jumping 17 frames).
Great idea, don't know why I didn't think of it before. Done.

Quote from KYSXD
Also, is possible to add an option to switch the numerical label from decimal to hexadecimal? (To show "Frame 0x11", for example)
Done.

Quote from Neiv
Has poiuy been around lately?
Yeah I'm around pretty regularly, just lurk mostly

Quote from Neiv
PyDAT has this issue where opening a file will override entry #0 with whatever entry was selected before opening.
E.g.
1) Open PyDAT and select Spider Mine
2) Open another units.dat file
3) Marine's stats are overwritten by Spider Mine's

This bug happens with all other .dats as well.
Ouch, thanks. Fixed.

Jun 3 2016, 7:09 am KYSXD Post #98

Great!

Which Python version is supported now?

Jun 3 2016, 12:47 pm poiuy_qwert Post #99

Quote from KYSXD
Which Python version is supported now?
It hasn't changed much so probably something like 2.5-2.7, but I develop using 2.7 so you will probably get the most consistent experience using 2.7

Jun 4 2016, 5:47 am Corbo Post #100

PyBIN (Didn't try with others) Seems to open "Help" page (external website) with IE, and not default browser.

fuck you all

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 723 >
  Back to forum