Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Pirate RP
Pirate RP
Feb 18 2013, 3:39 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 615 >

Feb 21 2013, 5:37 am Wing Zero Post #61

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Tell the ships gossip that you think saying the name d'Artagnan instead of Scurvy Dan makes them sound more badass. Someone would think twice about fighting against a crew that sounds like they were trained in a faraway land. If that doesn't work, come up with some other idea to change their minds. (Suggestions?)

Feb 21 2013, 7:21 am Azrael Post #62

Quote from Wing Zero
If that doesn't work, come up with some other idea to change their minds. (Suggestions?)

I suggest that the character uses his creative mind to come up with a way to convince them.

Feb 21 2013, 11:26 pm rayNimagi Post #63

"D'accord. If you've managed to start turning the crew's minds, I'll be here tomorrow. If not, don't bother showing up."

The next day you are assigned to work in the bilge. Despite the smell, you manage to talk to a few of the low-ranking pirates and convince them to start calling him d'Artagnan.

The officers are a bit tougher to sell. Thanks to your creative mind, you devise the idea that calling Scurvy Dan by his proper name would be better for morale, and inspire those around him to fight more courageously.

At the end of the day, you know that you haven't convinced everyone on the ship, but you hope it will be enough to initiate the training. When you head to the aft cargo hold, d'Artagnan is already there. He starts by instructing you to perform physical exercises. Later, he hands you a thin wooden stick that you use to drill swordfighting moves and to practice sparring with him.

Over the next few weeks you rotate assignments on the Devil's Trident, getting to learn everyone's names and trying to convince them about "d'Artagnan." Though you keep an eye out for Ron, you rarely see him. In the evenings, d'Artagnan trains you how to fight, and never forgets to reminds you that you still owe him a favor.

Chapter 1 Complete!
Your strength has increased by 1.
You have one additional SIC point to allocate.

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 5

Traits: Creative

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Feb 21 2013, 11:46 pm Azrael Post #64

Charisma.

Feb 22 2013, 12:46 am Fire_Kame Post #65

wth is starcraft

Jack of all trades, master of none...

Feb 22 2013, 2:50 am Aristocrat Post #66

Allocate 1/3 of a point to every attribute.

None.

Feb 22 2013, 3:12 am Fire_Kame Post #67

wth is starcraft

Aristocrat, you remind me of the people at work that round their hours to the x.3 or x.7 when the directions say "In Hours." It is implied to round it; da fuq do you think that'll work?

Feb 22 2013, 5:30 am rayNimagi Post #68

Eight weeks later...
"Sail ho!" A cheer erupts from the deck.

"It looks like a Spanish galleon carrying gold back to Europe." William exclaims through a spyglass. "Think of all the doubloons!" Sailors on the Devil's Trident are only paid when booty is captured, so every raid brings excitement to the crew.

"All hands on deck!" you hear Peavey shout. He begins to relay orders from the captain, preparing the crew for a boarding attack. Almost frantically the pirates scurry about the deck like rats.

"Red, you're with the boarding party." You ready your cutlass and observe the speed of the two ships. It will be approximately ten minutes until the Trident's cannons can begin bombarding the galleon. After a couple of volleys the ships will engage in short-ranged combat, at which time you'll be commanded to board the galleon. You have until then to talk to the others, and make any preparations for battle.

Charisma: 6

Feb 22 2013, 5:42 am Wing Zero Post #69

Go see if you can find a barrel of oil or something flammable and douse your sword in it. Then make small talk with the rest of the crew.

Feb 22 2013, 5:48 am jjf28 Post #70

Cartography Artisan

Go see if you can find a barrel of oil or something flammable and douse your sword in it.

yarr

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Feb 22 2013, 9:06 am Aristocrat Post #71

Attempt to locate a large quantity of citrus fruit, such that when time calls, you may consume them to remove any crowd control effects debuffing you and make everything k.

None.

Feb 22 2013, 4:37 pm Fire_Kame Post #72

wth is starcraft

Fall in line and get ready to board the enemy ship - make sure you are prepared for short range and long range attack, and conceal a dagger or similar knife on your leg or wrist just in case.

OOC: 8 weeks of possible training and our strength score didn't go up? Dammit Red, get your shit together!

Feb 22 2013, 4:46 pm Wing Zero Post #73

Too busy drinkimg rum I guess.

Feb 22 2013, 5:28 pm rayNimagi Post #74

Quote from Fire_Kame
OOC: 8 weeks of possible training and our strength score didn't go up? Dammit Red, get your shit together!
His strength started at 5. :hurr:

-----

You hurry towards the cargo hold and crack open a barrel of lantern oil, being careful not to spill a single drop. On the way back you pick up a small knife and a sheath, and conceal it on your leg.

As you return to the upper deck, you hear the big guns begin to pound the Spanish ship. A few of your comrades hurry past with boarding planks. "Take them prisoner! Kill the resistance!"

The Trident has maneuvered within inches of the galleon. The gangplanks fall, and the pirates shout as they rush onto the enemy ship. You follow them and board the galleon, lashing out at the nearest Spaniard. Thanks to your training, you quickly strike him down and move amidship. There, you see three Spaniards encircling d'Artagnan.

"Help me, garçon!" he shouts over the clatter of steel. At the same time, you notice a large Spaniard knock down William, who drops his sword. You have seconds to decide which pirate to aid.

Feb 22 2013, 5:30 pm Fire_Kame Post #75

wth is starcraft

You got to strength 6 before the 8 week period started...

Feb 22 2013, 5:38 pm Wing Zero Post #76

Throw the dagger at the spaniard that knocked down William. Then proceed to help d'Artagnan clear out the remaining spaniards. Set sword on fire at nearest opportunity.

Feb 22 2013, 6:16 pm Azrael Post #77

After getting the attention of William's attacker (by hitting him with the dagger), be sure to use your charisma to yell out an effective taunt, pulling the attacker away from William and towards you.

If at any time it seems that Wing's plan of action won't save both pirates, then use your creative abilities to think of a way to successfully save both of them, and do that instead.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2013, 6:21 pm by Azrael.

Feb 22 2013, 8:46 pm rayNimagi Post #78

"Ahoy, ye yellow-bellied deckswabber!" You take your knife and throw it at the large sailor approaching William. Though It only makes a small scrape across his back, it causes the Spaniard to turn around and begin charging towards you. Meanwhile, William stands up, collects his sword, and rushes to flank the giant. Your ally scores a hit on the Spaniard, and he falls to the deck. The two of you rush to d'Artagnan, but it's too late. The Frenchman has lost his cutlass, and the Spaniards have him backed up against the wall.

Just as the lead Spaniards raises his sword, you spot a puff of smoke out of the corner of your eye. Through the haze, you see Ron lower his pistol and duck behind a stack of crates. You and William sprint toward the remaining enemies, engaging the sailors before the Spaniard's body hits the ground. d'Artagnan grabs the fallen sailor's blade and shouts for the crew to rally around him.

Within the hour, the enemy crew surrenders to the pirates. The survivors have been tied up, and are awaiting the choice of either recruitment, death, or perhaps abandonment on a deserted island. The pirates have only begun the process of transferring the booty onto the Trident, but it already looks like there will be plenty of gold to go around.

All the while, d'Artagnan is furious. "What were you thinking!? Throwing a tiny knife at a huge seaman like that? And why didn't you come for moi first? I almost died!"

Feb 22 2013, 8:49 pm lil-Inferno Post #79

Just here for the pie

"I wanted to ensure both you and William would live."

Feb 22 2013, 8:53 pm Wing Zero Post #80

How would throwing the dagger cause d'Artagnan to get knocked down? I used that action because it seemed fast enough that I would be able to go help the frenchman without needing to see what happened to the big spaniard.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 615 >
  Back to forum