Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Pirate RP
Pirate RP
Feb 18 2013, 3:39 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 515 >

Feb 20 2013, 1:18 am rayNimagi Post #41

You take your biscuits and grog and head over to Jim's table, puffing out your chest in an effort to look tough. The pirates there glance at you with a bit of disdain, but Jim gives his approval and they welcome you with a couple of friendly punches to the shoulder.

"So, Red," asks Dan, "Tell us a bit about yeself." The buccaneer with a scraggly black beard smiles a toothy grin while you consider the question.

(Note: you must pick one trait from the following list.)

Ambidextrous: You are comfortable using either hand as your dominant hand.
Attractive: Members of the opposite sex find you more attractive than they normally would.
Bilingual: You are fluent in a second language.
Creative: You see solutions to problems that most people overlook.
Courageous: You are less affected by fear, and can attempt actions that others would not.
Friendly: People, especially strangers, are more willing to talk to you.
Observant: You see details in the world that most people would overlook.
Persistent: If you fail an action, in some circumstances you may be able to immediately try it again.

Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 5

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Feb 20 2013, 1:42 am lil-Inferno Post #42

Just here for the pie

I choose Creative.

Feb 20 2013, 1:50 am Fire_Kame Post #43

wth is starcraft

O/C In this situation ambidextrous seems suspiciously specific.

Feb 20 2013, 1:52 am Sacrieur Post #44

Still Napping

ta the rum!

None.

Feb 20 2013, 2:03 am lil-Inferno Post #45

Just here for the pie

Quote from Fire_Kame
O/C In this situation ambidextrous seems suspiciously specific.
Dual wielded cutlasses!

Feb 20 2013, 2:03 am Azrael Post #46

I choose Friendly.

Feb 20 2013, 2:07 am Fire_Kame Post #47

wth is starcraft

Tell 'im yer frien'ly and give 'im a wink.

Feb 20 2013, 3:20 am Wing Zero Post #48

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Creative or observant

Feb 20 2013, 3:43 am Vrael Post #49

Does ambidextrous mean we can have two pimp hands to bitch slap our ho's with?

Edit: If so I vote ambidextrous.

None.

Feb 20 2013, 4:19 am rayNimagi Post #50

"Arr, ye be the creative type? Well ye best prove it come battle!" Dan chortles.

"I have a question for ye," you ask. "Who be those scalawags, sitting in the darkest corner of this dank cabin?"

"They be malcontents," responds Jim. "They say they've been wronged by the officers, but I don't believe them."

"Aye, they be a lot of trouble," agrees William. "Don't get too friendly with those chaps, else ye be thrown in the brig!"

"What accusations do the officers make?" you ask.

"It varies," growls Dan in his deep voice. "Insubordination be the biggest problem. Some be accused of stealing, others be cowards in battle. Why just a few days ago, I heard that Ron over thar hid in the powder room while the rest of us were smartly loading the big guns." Dan spits on the ground. The others nod in agreement. Each mentions his own experience when he was busy stabbing or loading cannons and heard that Ron had hid from the enemy.

"Aye, if ye want to learn to fight like us, ye best speak with Scurvy Dan," notes William. "He be in the aft cargo hold at night, ye best talk with him then."

Traits: Creative

Feb 20 2013, 4:27 am Sacrieur Post #51

Still Napping

Spin around the mast, sipping rum.

None.

Feb 20 2013, 4:55 am Wing Zero Post #52

Go talk with scurvy dan. Have him teach you the pirate code.

Feb 20 2013, 3:57 pm Fire_Kame Post #53

wth is starcraft

OOC: How do we increase skills? Do we have to be literally trained in them? I feel like the fact that we've successful gotten information from some of our new friends should positively impact our Charisma score. Also it doesn't appear that we're getting much information fast. we shouldn't be so flighty before we get a lot of information. That or else we need to move the day by faster by getting more actions done in one post.

IC: Make a comment commiseratin' with yer new found hearties; crack some jokes at Ron's expense. Go an' visit Scurvy Dan for trainin'. Find a weapon along the way that be of use in trainin' but make sure it be not someone's proper'y. Keep an eye on Ron from now on; if he sneaks off see what he be up to.

Feb 20 2013, 8:25 pm rayNimagi Post #54

You'll be able to increase skills as you move along in the story, or by directly training them. Some items may grant temporary modifiers.

-----

You continue to chat with your new friends, poking fun of Ron and the malcontents. By the time you return to the upper deck, you feel like you're becoming a trusted member of Jim's hearties.

After a long day of work, you head down to the cargo hold in search of Scurvy Dan. Along the way you keep your eye out for a training weapon but cannot find any. You recall that Peavey mentioned something about all the unused swords and guns being stored in the armory. You decide that it would seem too suspicious for a newcomer like you to take a cutlass or pistol and head straight for Scurvy Dan.

When you reach the aft you see a shadowy figure smoking a pipe.

"Are ye Scurvy Dan?" you ask.

"I told them I didn't want to be bothered," he growls in a French accent. "Go away, and tell them to start calling me by my proper name."

Feb 20 2013, 8:46 pm Wing Zero Post #55

Ask him what his proper name is. And ask him why he is so salty all of a sudden.

Feb 21 2013, 12:43 am rayNimagi Post #56

"My name eez d'Artagnan, but everyone calls me Scurvy Dan." d'Artagnan spits on the floor. "Why am I so salty? Garçon, I don't get respect around here. I'm the greatest swordfighter the Devil's Trident has ever seen, but I don't get extra gold when I've bashed more skulls than everyone else put together. Plus, everyone keeps calling me that stupid name." You can tell there must be something else bothering d'Artagnan than the money and the name, but decide not to pester him about it for the time being.

"Perhaps we can make a deal," you offer.

"Ha! I don't suppose you have any gold? No? Ah bon, there are other ways to pay a debt. I've been trying to change the crew's ways for years, but they won't listen to moi. If you can get them to start calling me d'Artagnan, I could give you some basic training in combat. Or maybe you have something else in mind. Either way, I expect you to owe me a favor someday."

to me = á moi. tell me = me dit

Feb 21 2013, 2:03 am Azrael Post #57

Agree to his terms.

Feb 21 2013, 2:51 am Fire_Kame Post #58

wth is starcraft

Seriously? We're just going to lay over and take whatever favor we'll owe him later on?

Feb 21 2013, 3:48 am Azrael Post #59

We can just get the rest of the crew to call him by his proper name. Plus then we'll be friends with him :kame:

Feb 21 2013, 3:55 am jjf28 Post #60

Cartography Artisan

On that note, try to locate and make friends with the ship's leading gossip

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 515 >
  Back to forum