Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Pirate RP
Pirate RP
Feb 18 2013, 3:39 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 715 >

Feb 22 2013, 8:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #81

wth is starcraft

WHY WOULD YOU THROW AWAY A CONCEALED WEAPON LIKE THAT?

FUCK RED

EDIT:

AND THEN WHY DIDN'T WE GO FOR THE TALENTED FIGHTING GUY FIRST WITH HOPES OF GETTING WILLIAM LATER?

UGH.

Feb 22 2013, 8:59 pm Wing Zero Post #82

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

That was my intention all along! I never said wait for William to kill the other guy.

Feb 22 2013, 9:00 pm Fire_Kame Post #83

wth is starcraft

You still threw the concealed weapon! :( I was preparing for a worst case scenario and you threw it away! :-(

Feb 22 2013, 9:10 pm Wing Zero Post #84

We can get another one! I'm just really mad about this turn of events! :flamer:

Feb 22 2013, 10:21 pm Azrael Post #85

Explain to d'Artagnan that you did come for him first, in fact you only came for him; you just threw a dagger to distract William's attacker first, because William was already disarmed, on the ground, and would have certainly died otherwise. Point out that, even though William's situation was worse, you still decided to come help d'Artagnan. Lastly, tell him that you couldn't have stopped all the attackers by yourself, so it's thanks to you preventing William's death that you and William were able to save d'Artagnan together. It was all an effort to prevent them both from dying, and thankfully it had worked. Then say something that's chummy and conversationally appropriate to show you're grateful for the fact d'Artagnan's still alive.

After this exchange is over, go find the captain, and ensuring that none of the captured enemies will hear you, suggest this idea to him:

"We should tell the survivors of the enemy crew that anyone who wants to join our pirate crew is welcome to, and more important, that those who join us will decide the fate of those who do not.

Each of the new pirates will write a vote for "live" or "die", and then they'll put their anonymous votes into a hat at the same time so we can pick one at random. If "live" is chosen, then the remaining survivors will be allowed to stay on their ship, but all the new volunteers will be required to go back to their ship as well. If "die" is chosen, the remaining survivors will be executed, and all the new volunteers will become pirates. If no one volunteers to join, then "die" will be the default choice and all survivors will be executed regardless. After the chosen vote is read, the remaining votes will be thrown into the ocean, since they serve no purpose.

The idea is, because they will all die if no one volunteers to join, some of them will volunteer out of obligation to try to save everyone, even though they don't want to. Others will volunteer just to make sure they escape death. However, this also gives those who truly wish to join us a chance to abandon their crew without raising suspicion. Even if they're forced to go back to their ship, no one in their crew will ever know what their vote was.

This is where the importance of the votes comes into play. When it's time for everyone to submit their votes, we take the guns that were supposed to be used to execute the survivors, and aim them at the new volunteers instead. We take their votes by force. Those who didn't want to join us will surely write "live" for their vote, and because "live" forces all the new volunteers to return to their own ship, those who truly want to forsake their past life to become pirates will have written "die".

Once we know who is who, we can give them all what they asked for. First, we can send those who wrote "live" back to their ship, and tie them up with the other survivors there. They'll get to stay on their ship, just like they wanted. Then we give the "die" votes what they wanted as well, and we sink the ship.

I'm sure you know that recruiting captured enemies usually carries more risk than it's worth. You never know who is a coward, just joining to save themselves, and planning to flee in the night with our loot when we get back to shore. You also don't know who is pretending to be loyal just to get close to you, so they can find an opportunity to avenge their fallen crewmates.

That's the best part of this method though: The pirates who join us won't hold any resentment towards you, because by writing "die" they proved beyond any doubt that losing their old crew was worth being a member of our crew. In most cases, you're likely doing them a great service by ensuring no one from their past will come seeking revenge for their betrayal. At the end of the day, we can trust that their loyalties truly lie with us."

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2013, 10:42 pm by Azrael.

Feb 22 2013, 11:09 pm rayNimagi Post #86

You try to explain to d'Artagnan that you were trying to help him first, and that you were only trying to distract Willam's attacker. Furthermore, both d'Artagnan and Willam survived.

"Garçon, you were trying to distract the giant Spaniard. What did you expect would happen? Bah, you know nothing of real battle, just this skirmish today." d'Artagnan storms off.

You head to the captain's quarters on the Trident. Along the way you bump into Peavey, who tells you the captain is busy. Peavey offers to hear your proposal, and he thinks highly of it.

"There's only one problem, Red," says Peavey. "None of those Spaniards speak English. However, I'll keep it in mind next time we capture a ship." Peavey grinned. "Though, we lost our botswain in battle today. How would ye like to be temporary botswain? Ye be responsible making sure the Trident stays in good condition, and manage our supply stores. And, ye get an extra half-share of the treasure starting next capture."

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 6

Traits: Creative

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Feb 22 2013, 11:14 pm Azrael Post #87

Show some respectful gratitude and accept the position.

Feb 22 2013, 11:23 pm Vrael Post #88

Since respectful gratitude just shows your weakness as a pirate, just stare off into the distance and absently growl out a "Yarrrrrr...." instead.

None.

Feb 23 2013, 1:41 am Wing Zero Post #89

Take the job and on your free time look for a gun and a knife. Practice your knife throwing skills and do some pushups if you ever find yourself idle.

Feb 23 2013, 2:13 am Azrael Post #90

If you ever do pushups, also talk to yourself quietly, practicing the possible verbal interactions you might potentially have with other people.

Also do this during any times you're by yourself, even if you aren't idle.

Feb 24 2013, 2:37 am rayNimagi Post #91

"Aye, ye better be the best botswain yet, else ye be replaced in the blink of me eye. If yer good I'll have the captain make ye permanent. Otherwise ye be swabbing the decks like a new recruit."

You part ways and head down the dark corridors of the Trident. As you turn a corner, Ron's thin figure bursts from the shadows.

"Avast!" you shout. "What're ye doing, sailor?"

"I heard ye be the new botswain," says Ron. You give him a puzzled look. How could he know already?

"I be watching from the shadows," he explains before you ask. "You may have noticed I be a master of stealth."

So that's why everyone accuses Ron of cowardice, you think. "What do ye want from me?"

Ron replies, "I want access to the treasure hold. Don't ye get the feeling that some of the officers be taking more gold than they say? We ought to count the doubloons, and make sure they don't be stealin' from the crew, savvy? In return, I could teach ye the art of stealth."

Feb 24 2013, 2:41 am Wing Zero Post #92

Oh snap! I don't think this is such a good idea. Who ever heard of a sneaky pirate?

Feb 24 2013, 2:46 am Azrael Post #93

Tell him you'll consider it after he's done teaching you the art of stealth. Otherwise, no.

Feb 24 2013, 2:48 am lil-Inferno Post #94

Just here for the pie

Tell him we need to learn the art of stealth before carrying out any covert operations like the one he had in mind.

Feb 24 2013, 2:57 am Wing Zero Post #95

Tell him the risk is too high but you could pay him to teach you instead.

EDIT: Be prepared to fight back in case he tries to shank you.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2013, 8:11 am by Wing Zero.

Feb 24 2013, 6:44 pm rayNimagi Post #96

You tell Ron that you need to learn the art of stealth before trying to access the treasure hold.

"Nay, Red. If Peavey found the trusted temporary botswain with me, he would not be suspicious."

You ponder the circumstance for a moment, and then reply, "What if I paid ye to teach me the art of stealth?"

"Arr, I wouldn't mind an extra few pieces of eight! I could teach you for about half of yer share of today's plunder."

Feb 24 2013, 6:54 pm Azrael Post #97

Agree to his terms.

Feb 24 2013, 7:04 pm Wing Zero Post #98

Agree to his terms.

Feb 24 2013, 8:31 pm lil-Inferno Post #99

Just here for the pie