Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: SMITE
SMITE
Aug 7 2012, 9:21 pm
By: NudeRaider
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Aug 7 2012, 9:21 pm NudeRaider Post #1

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

Currently in closed beta. I can send an invitation to the first person to PM me their email.
Nothing fancy (yet?), but it's fun enough to play it every so often.
So if you want to play a match with me, I'm NudeRaider ingame, but you'll have to get me online via AIM or something first.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2012, 10:37 am by NudeRaider. Reason: dumb typo

Aug 7 2012, 9:38 pm Oh_Man Post #2

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Damn DOTA is just flooding the market these days.

Aug 7 2012, 10:31 pm UnholyUrine Post #3

Watched the trailer video

I really dislike the art direction. it's too dusty and bland. The spell effects seem very random and confusing as well.
The controls seem very floaty, but I wouldn't know...

Is it supposed to be a DOTA-esque? or an MMO? or both? I'm not quite sure?
Third person DOTA is plausible, but it just seems too confusing and wonky to work.. maybe they're taking too many ideas from DOTA and trying to shove it in a third person perspective just doesn't work.

None.

Aug 7 2012, 10:55 pm Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

lol wtf is this

Played a game for like 10 minutes. Store looked terrible, I could've sworn I bought some tier 1 boots that built into strong boots, but when I clicked on those boots again, it showed me tier 1 boots that I swear were more expensive than the ones I bought, so idk. Not sure how you're supposed to aim your attacks on specific enemies for last hits either.

Aug 7 2012, 11:49 pm NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It IS DOTA-esque. But it's more like lol than dota in just about every aspect. They stole so many minor things from lol it's ridiculous. Down to the layout of the loading screen.
However every attack and spell is a skill shot, so you don't have to bother choosing targets on the battlefield.

And yeah it's clunky. Cannot be considered a serious competitive game. It's just for some mindless fun.

Yes you can lasthit, but not deny. You get gold for every creep that dies while you're near (this just screams noob game!) but you get more gold when you scored the lasthit.
But this game is seriously biased towards hero kills. This is where you'll get your gold from.
I haven't bothered with the shop at all. By default the game buys items and levels spells automatically and I left these options on. And I will until I get a solid grasp of the mechanics.

Aug 8 2012, 6:33 am poison_us Post #6

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
lol wtf is this

Played a game for like 10 minutes. Store looked terrible, I could've sworn I bought some tier 1 boots that built into strong boots, but when I clicked on those boots again, it showed me tier 1 boots that I swear were more expensive than the ones I bought, so idk. Not sure how you're supposed to aim your attacks on specific enemies for last hits either.
Items get upgraded, not built into other items. So no smashing two books to make a gun. Ranged auto attacks are linear projectiles, melee gods are easily harassed, and all spells are skill shots, so this game actually takes some skill. The skills and ranged attacks all have an indicator, and when you're going to hit with an autoattack (if the player isn't moving) or a spell, every target gets a red aura under it, so it's not like it's completely without any sign that you'll hit a static target. Sorry though Demon, no right clicking to instawin.

Auto upgrading skills and auto buying items is retarded; the game doesn't build against your opponents whatsoever :P

That aside, stop being so hard on a game that's in closed beta (though with three invites for everyone that joins it might as well be open beta). It's got some quirks, but it's a fun game.

Aug 8 2012, 10:48 am NudeRaider Post #7

The biggest issue I have with this game is that gods (heroes) are not unique per game, but only unique per team, so your opponent can choose the same god as you. (I think that's the same in lol, but I'm not used to it because in HoN heroes can only picked by 1 player per game)
And it gets worse: In the beginning you will always play a mirror matchup (both teams have the 5 same gods). because currently there's only 5 free heroes and you need like 50 games (or $7) to unlock a 6th.

But as poison pointed out, the game is in closed beta (version 0.2 or something) so this situation will likely improve.

Quote from poison_us
Auto upgrading skills and auto buying items is retarded; the game doesn't build against your opponents whatsoever :P
It is, but when you play the first few times you have no idea what's what and what's going on, so I embraced not having to study the shop for 10 minutes to learn the items right away but could concentrate on learning the gameplay first. As I said you can just turn it off if you don't like it.

Aug 8 2012, 5:28 pm poison_us Post #8

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
And it gets worse: In the beginning you will always play a mirror matchup (both teams have the 5 same gods). because currently there's only 5 free heroes and you need like 50 games (or $7) to unlock a 6th.
8-9 games or so will give you enough levels to buy a new god, but yeah, that was pretty damn annoying. And some lane combos are ridiculous; Sobek + Anubis, for one. Fling, knockback, stun, and that's pretty much how the entire lane goes. They need to make Sobek unable to dash through minions.

Speaking of minions, it's refreshing how the minions in Smite don't tickle you like other MOBAs. They actually do a nice bit of damage early.

EDIT: Also, there are favor reductions, so if it takes double digit games to buy a new god, you're either constantly leaving or you lose every single game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2012, 10:02 pm by poison_us.

Aug 8 2012, 10:02 pm Riney Post #9

Thigh high affectionado

This is undoubtedly the best MOBA Ive played, and has provided me with some of the most fun Ive ever had with a MOBA.. It removes a lot of the bullshit from common MOBAs and adds good features.

Denial is as simple as pushing. This isnt pussy mode tower hugging league of legends. If you push the enemy wave to the tower the enemy receives only about 20% of the gold they would receive if they had killed it themselves.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 8 2012, 10:12 pm NudeRaider Post #10

What do you mean? I've played 12 games, 50% won, no leaves and I'm only Level 7 and I still only have 3880 of 5500 favor. And now leveling will be substantially slower so I won't get as many +500 favor for levelups.

Aug 8 2012, 11:39 pm LoveLess Post #11

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Basically, they took aspects of many different ARTS-like games and made this. The items are the exact same way RoI does them (which was a shitty game and a shitty system), they have many aspects of LoL, a few other miscellaneous things... All in all, I only played a few games on a friend's account before I moved and now I do not have a PC to give the game some decent attention.

All in all, the game is something I would only play to waste some time.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 12:20 am Riney Post #12

Thigh high affectionado

The slightly negative endorsements arent giving this game the credit it deserves. Its a game in beta, and lets not forget the literal shit talk around here about League when everyone started hopping on that.

And if this goes the same way Tribes has been going, itll see an esports scene soon.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 9 2012, 2:38 am poison_us Post #13

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
What do you mean? I've played 12 games, 50% won, no leaves and I'm only Level 7 and I still only have 3880 of 5500 favor. And now leveling will be substantially slower so I won't get as many +500 favor for levelups.
That's funny, I got 1k per level until 10. Though that may have been just before the most recent patch and they halved it for some reason.

Quote from Riney
The slightly negative endorsements arent giving this game the credit it deserves. Its a game in beta, and lets not forget the literal shit talk around here about League when everyone started hopping on that.
ITT: HoN bashes every other MOBA. That's generally how things are shaping up around on SEN.

Aug 9 2012, 11:04 am NudeRaider Post #14

Quote from poison_us
Quote from NudeRaider
That's funny, I got 1k per level until 10. Though that may have been just before the most recent patch and they halved it for some reason.
Lame. As if buying 1 or 2 gods early would hurt anything...

Aug 9 2012, 9:58 pm Riney Post #15

Thigh high affectionado

Lets do this proper gents:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 10 2012, 1:48 am poison_us Post #16

Back* from the grave

First time Hades too :blush:

Aug 13 2012, 10:41 am Bar Refaeli Post #17

Hit me up with an invite at paracelsus22@yahoo.com if any of you got an invite! A new MOBA/MMO sounds refreshing. :)

None.

Aug 13 2012, 11:42 am poison_us Post #18

Back* from the grave

Smite key sent in a PM. Enjoy.

Aug 13 2012, 12:11 pm Bar Refaeli Post #19

Thanks lovely. My account name is Raindrawp. Beginning hints/tips/suggestions?

None.

Aug 13 2012, 1:52 pm LoveLess Post #20

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from name:Raccoon
Thanks lovely. My account name is Raindrawp. Beginning hints/tips/suggestions?
Don't play it.

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum