Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: SMITE
SMITE
Aug 7 2012, 9:21 pm
By: NudeRaider
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Aug 13 2012, 5:28 pm Bar Refaeli Post #21

Can't connect to Smite servers and I get this error message. I am not very technical so do any of you know a simple solution to this?

None.

Aug 13 2012, 6:17 pm Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

You need to get into your internet settings and turn off whatever proxy you have turned on :massimo:

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections Tab > LAN Settings > Remove proxy info

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 13 2012, 6:52 pm Bar Refaeli Post #23

Didn't work, thanks anyway. Fairly sure I do not have a proxy. Yet I have no idea how to go about "disabling the proxy on my machine."

Is this game similar to Land of Chaos?

None.

Aug 13 2012, 6:58 pm Dem0n Post #24

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Have you opened up IE and tried to turn off any proxy that's on? I remember that the IE proxy fucks with a lot of games.

Aug 13 2012, 7:01 pm Bar Refaeli Post #25

Yup. Didn't work.

None.

Aug 15 2012, 2:01 am Riney Post #26

Thigh high affectionado

Try reinstalling it then, or turning off a possible firewall you may have.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 15 2012, 2:12 am Bar Refaeli Post #27

Aye I had some malware, got rid of that. And I'm in! My account name is actually Raynedrop. If anyone wants to play tonight then I'll be on in like 5 minutes

None.

Aug 15 2012, 3:16 am Riney Post #28

Thigh high affectionado

Ill add you some time later >;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 15 2012, 2:28 pm Bar Refaeli Post #29

Is there a free rotation for the gods? When does it change?

None.

Aug 16 2012, 1:29 am poison_us Post #30

Back* from the grave

Nope.

Aug 21 2012, 4:15 am Bar Refaeli Post #31

Bought Cupid for lulz. He is insanely strong but I was disappointed at how boring he is, plus ranged dps just isn't my style. So, not wanting to grind for a new God, I made a new account to get those level up favor boosts. I think I'm gonna buy Agni this time round. Mages seem to be more my style in this game. Although my jungle Kali and Wukong are quite strong. You guys still playing this game? So far all of my games have been ridden with complete noobs on both teams and I'd love to play with people I know. Why is there no all chat though?? I really need to notify these noobs how bad they are at this game! jk I just love chatting with my enemies.

None.

Aug 21 2012, 3:14 pm Riney Post #32

Thigh high affectionado

Yea, lemme send you a link in a pm to a certain something.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 22 2012, 12:09 am poison_us Post #33

Back* from the grave

...Oh, a certain something? What is this?

Aug 28 2012, 8:51 pm omginbd Post #34

I would love to try this game if anyone has invites left :) moonlightkiller@gmail.com

None.

Aug 28 2012, 10:31 pm UnholyUrine Post #35

At first, I thought the third person was really just a gimmick, and I really dislike the hazy, brown-ish backgrounds.
Now, as more and more gameplay are propping up, it seems like this game has promise and is handled well.

I'd like to try it if anyone has beta keys or whatever.

None.

Aug 28 2012, 11:15 pm poison_us Post #36

Back* from the grave

I thought I sent you one? Or was that coon?

Aug 28 2012, 11:57 pm UnholyUrine Post #37

Nope I didn't get anything :C

None.

Aug 29 2012, 12:29 am Bar Refaeli Post #38

I have four keys so I'll send you each one.

None.

Aug 29 2012, 1:00 am Riney Post #39

Thigh high affectionado

You technically have unlimited keys, just use the send beta key feature in game.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 29 2012, 4:14 am UnholyUrine Post #40

Okay, so I gave this game ago

Didn't like it.

Let's focus on the good first.

The God theme, AWESOME. Makes me wonder why no other DOTA Clone has not had a coherent theme in them (besides Demigod)
Phoenix towers, what a brilliant Idea!
Very well calculated minion/tower to hero interactions. Pros will love it.
The third person camera does make melee'ing and shooting the basic attacks feel visceral. Although I'm not sure, because Bloodline Champion (also requiring skillshots for basic attacks) felt just as visceral.
Having items and ability upgrades fixed for newbies is a great idea

Now the bad things.
The map is, first of all, too big, or that the hero I had was too slow (Since I had Kali, the melee assault/assassin type, I felt my speed was a HUGE hindrance). The abilities of Kali were extremely dull, and her Ultimate was terrible and made me vulnerable. What the hay?

No idea what the abilities/items are. No clue on how anything works. No tooltips, no nothing.

The background is really bland, and while the spells/abilities are adequate, they are nowhere near exciting, well designed, or unique.

Which gets to my biggest problem. The biggest disappointment is that it really is just DOTA/LOL/HON in third person, with nothing truly new to offer.
Every trope in those "MOBA" (ugh) games are in here, including the Item Shops, Jungling, and imbalances. I feel like they missed a huge opportunity in not incorporating something completely new with this third person perspective.
Don't tell me that "always requiring a skill shot" is new, because it has been done before in Bloodline Champion, and while it is a great addition, it doesn't add much to the experience.
Now, some people say that, being in the Third person perspective, it is easier for people to gank, making it harder to predict enemy movements. But this is hamstringed by lazy design of the map (which is too big) and the heroes not being different at all.
Their abilities literally feel copy and pasted, just painted with their own God theme. (Just look at everyone's second spell, they are mostly forward AoE's which are there mostly to kill spawns)

If they really wanted to be unique, why don't I see any heroes like the Spy from TF2? I mean, I picked Kali, the most assassin like hero, and her abilities were REALLY lackluster, and nothing like what I imagined.
Kali rant (hero imbalance may or may not pertain to the game overall)

The point is, they did not explore from this perspective. They built the game to be a DOTA clone with a gimmick third person camera, and they succeeded that. They did a great job replicating how DOTA/LOL/HON feels, and any veteran players will feel right at home with this style of gameplay. But that's just it! It tried so hard to be a DOTA clone that it copied all of its bad tropes.
Such as the spells are all spammed once there're 4 or more heroes. Doesn't feel good to not know what killed you. To a complete newbie like me, everything feels like a complete mess and spam
Also, note that Kali's 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th spells are AoE attacks. Her L1 is a buff. So NONE.. I repeat, NONE of her abilities are skill shots. no wonder she felt unintersting.

I would recommend this game to anyone who plays DOTA/HON/LOL, but definitely NOT to anyone who's looking for a new, unique game.

Post has been edited 12 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2012, 4:51 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum