Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Chronicles of Kriste
Chronicles of Kriste
Apr 19 2012, 5:45 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 524 >

Apr 23 2012, 8:26 pm Tempz Post #41

-Go to 2nd floor barracks to get some weaponry preferably a crossbow
-Ask anyone whos pass by what they think happened to the guards

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 23 2012, 10:18 pm by Tempz.

None.

Apr 23 2012, 9:06 pm Vrael Post #42

John VanDerSchmut: *ribbit loudly, and stay in the hand of the gentleman that picked me up*

None.

Apr 24 2012, 12:05 am Fire_Kame Post #43

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Raccoon
Go to kitchen! (ASAP)

Assuming this is his cue to leave, Iam gets up loudly and goes to the kitchen. There is a crashing noise, and a young servant girl runs out and bee lines to the servant quarters. Out of the quarters comes another servant, who walks out into the main area. Iam has a cherry pie in one hand, and a hunk of meat in the other. He eats jollily in front of the rest of the group.

Quote from Vrael
John VanDerSchmut: *ribbit loudly, and stay in the hand of the gentleman that picked me up*

Estaphon coughs pointedly. "Uh, I'm not sure we have anything that would suit a frog. Unless we have one among us who can tell us all what it is you need?" Estaphon looks at Rozen.

Apr 24 2012, 2:59 am Tempz Post #44

Edit :

Pick the gear from the chests in this order
-Magical / Enchanted gear
-Easy to use weaponry such as crossbows

Go to kitchen and get some food

Edit 2: I was busy so i didn't read the entire post.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 24 2012, 3:44 am by Tempz.

None.

Apr 24 2012, 3:56 am Sacrieur Post #45

Still Napping

When Estaphon responded, Athenos finally pieced it all together. They knew who he was. In fact, they put these members together for a reason. He eyed over the other members of the room, who were listening to the queen's tale. Each person here had some ability that was of particular use. Only one other seemed fit for combat, and was certainly not the soldiering type.

He gave it some more thought briefly before returning his attention to the queen, who had just finished telling her story. He tossed out the parts he remembered her talking about. He always found mortals like the queen to be unreliable sources of information. They love to embellish things. Or maybe they really do remember it that way. It didn't matter either way.

"To aid in your quest we have the means to provide you with a starting stipend of 120 gold each and within these trunks you will find armor and weaponry that should suit your needs. Should you require customization or specialized products, our fletcher and weaponsmith are also at your disposal."

Athenos smirked. They knew exactly who he was. Perhaps they found items to suit his needs, specifically. He scanned the chests intently, surveying their contents. And then he smiled when he found what he was looking for. It was a bracelet, small and insignificant. Picking up and inspecting it he couldn't help but notice the black gem woven into it. It was dark; almost as if it was a window to the abyssal void itself. He shook off the effect and put it on.

It was a very rare form of artifact, one he had experience with before. He knew because it was divine; only gods could create them. He picked up a sword he had noticed before. He took a deep breath and focused. He could feel the magic of the bracelet working as he tapped into it. The sword grew cold in his hand and its form wavered for a moment before vanishing completely.

It wasn't gone, of course, just in a place no mortal could ever reach. Outside of this material world.

Picking out armor he fancied, he donned it immediately before equipping a few extra weapons.

None.

Apr 24 2012, 4:05 pm Azrael Post #46

I look through the chests, attempting to find weapons and armor that work to my benefit. The armor should be lightweight and flexible, allowing for mobility. It should be able to be worn under clothing. I'd also like to look for daggers which can be concealed, and any other weapons (or items, especially amulets and rings) available that would allow for defense, especially in the way of escaping a conflict, which can be concealed.

A good example of this would be a ring which allows me to make myself completely invisible (by sight, scent, hearing, telepathic abilities). Another would be something regarding teleportation, and another would be making myself able to move through solid objects, and another would be one that increases my speed/agility/senses/reaction time significantly.

Other good abilities to look for or request would be ones that increase my persuasiveness, such as enhancing my ability to know what people need me to say (mind reading) or to be able to change what they need to me to say (mind control).

Things like this, and if it requires customization of some sort to do so, then proceed in having it customized. Being untrained in fighting and not wanting to draw unnecessary hostilities to myself in the future, I would like my outward appearance to remain that of a traveling merchant.

Apr 24 2012, 5:33 pm DevliN Post #47

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I look through the chests for any lightweight armor, preferably leather. I'd then like to don whatever armor it is that I find that suits my liking.

I also look for any sort of bow, and take the best one I can find along with any arrows I find. I then look for a longsword, something one-handed but sturdy. Finally, though I'm sure my knife will suffice, I look for any small daggers that would be light enough not to burden me but sturdy enough to pack a punch when thrown.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 24 2012, 9:39 pm Sand Wraith Post #48

she/her

((It would be nice if it was a bit more obvious to me, as a player, who Rozen had inspected. I really have no idea who is being described.))

Ask if the frog wants anything.
Attempt to acquire any armour that can be worn under ordinary clothing (e.g. mithril mail a la Frodo's mithril mail).
Attempt to acquire any enchanted garments that can be worn for everyday use (e.g. Cape of +5 Evasion).
Attempt to acquire any enchanted jewellery; specifically rings and necklaces (e.g. Necklace of Spell Immunity, Ring of Protection).
Attempt to acquire an elegant weapon that a true gentleman would use (e.g. Divine Rapier of +250 Damage).
Attempt to acquire whatever the frog wants.

Apr 24 2012, 9:41 pm Sacrieur Post #49

Still Napping

You spoke to me, then Tempz, then Vrael.

None.

Apr 24 2012, 10:02 pm Sand Wraith Post #50

she/her

Okay, thanks.

Apr 25 2012, 12:59 am Fire_Kame Post #51

wth is starcraft

Equipment

Devlin
Armor
Heavy Leather: Cuirass, Pauldrons, Boots, Greaves, Wrist Guards.
Right Wrist Guard (enchanted: extra damage on creatures)
Straps
Armor Perks:
Dark color suitable for night
Good Mobility
Quiet
Medium Weight/Armor

Weaponry
Yew Longbow (enchanted: high accuracy)
80 Arrows made of a dark unknown material and well cut arrowhead (perks: light, fast)
10 Throwing Daggers (fast, medium damage)
Arming Sword (slow, high damage)
Dagger (perk: discrete)

Athenos
Armor
Black-gem bracelet
Full set plate armor and shield (strapped to back when not in use)
Perks:
Lead Weight - hand to hand combat while in gear increased
Stops most damage
Intimidating

Weaponry
Blade of the Pantheon (enchanted: panic, armor piercing)
Matching Battle Axes (perk: using both in the same attack increases overall damage)
Dagger (perk: discrete)

Dan
Armor
Robes of Temporal Shift (enchanted: redirects some attacks)
Flashy Amulet (enchanted: slightly increased reaction time)
Jeweled Rings (enchanted: absorbs minimal amount of natural damage: hail, lightening, etc)

Weaponry
Simple Crossbow (Fast, accurate)
12 Recurring Bolts (enchanted: bolt returns after doing damage)
Assorted Poisons - if you can remember which vial is which

Edwin
Armor
Light mail undershirt
Perks:
Unencumbered
Discrete
Leather hand, leg and boot straps for weapon concealment.
[unequipped]Ring of Camouflage (enchanted: wearer undetectable by sight in most circumstances to most people. Ring exhausts user when in use)
Ring of Empathy (enchanted: wearer is more aware of surrounding emotions, for better or worse)
Amulet of Charisma (enchanted: more likeable and interesting)

Weaponry
Stiletto (hidden in boot)
2 Short Daggers (hidden on wrists under sleeves)
Perks: element of surprise

Rozen
Armor
Well Tailored Cape (enchanted: increases evasion)
Sapphire Amulet (enchanted: chance of damage reflection)
Fine Mail Garments (Full Set)
Perks:
Strong
Discrete
Heavy Protection, medium weight

Weaponry
Rapier (enchanted: increase chance on damage to heavily armored foes)

Iam
-unselected-

Johann
-unselected-

While going through the chests, the queen and two of the officials walk off, leaving Sir Marcus in the throne room. Dan has wandered off in search of food. "I hope everything you find is to your liking. May we be of any further service? Remember, you may take advantage of our storm rooms as you see fit, but we beg you to travel lightly and with haste."

Apr 25 2012, 1:05 am Bar Refaeli Post #52

Attempt to acquire any armour that can be worn under ordinary clothing (e.g. mithril mail a la Frodo's mithril mail).
Attempt to acquire any enchanted garments that can be worn for everyday use (e.g. Cape of +5 Evasion).
Attempt to acquire any enchanted jewellery; specifically rings and necklaces (e.g. Necklace of Spell Immunity, Ring of Protection).
Attempt to acquire some manly gauntlets. Real men fight with their fists, not pathetic metal weapons.
Attempt to acquire the frog.

None.

Apr 25 2012, 1:10 am Fire_Kame Post #53

wth is starcraft

Try again, Raccoon. You can't copy and paste with a couple of modifications and expect it to fly.

Apr 25 2012, 2:35 am Bar Refaeli Post #54

Alriiiiight. Get me some nice gauntlets to hit people with. And some boots that are easy to travel in.

Oh yea and the frog. Get me the frog :cecil:

None.

Apr 25 2012, 2:47 am Vrael Post #55

I think the point was that you have to be somewhat descriptive in your instructions. You can't just say "ATTACK DA ENEMY" you gotta describe how, like "I charge up and cast a fireball at his face" or "I unsheath my uber awesome sword and swing it in an attempt to decapitate him" etc.

Likewise with whoever asked the frog what stuff he wants, was that some mental communication, or was it just asking out loud?

None.

Apr 25 2012, 3:33 am Sand Wraith Post #56

she/her

Rozen is exclusively a mind reader. No telepathy. So, that was asking aloud.

Defend the frog from any attempted kidnapping, with the rapier if necessary, on the condition that the frog does not want to kidnapped, as determined by reading its mind.

Apr 25 2012, 4:44 am Vrael Post #57

Johan VanDerSchmut: Well I'd like you to loosen your grip on me, for starters. Secondly, a glass of water would do me good.

None.

Apr 25 2012, 5:26 am Sand Wraith Post #58

she/her

Relax grip and head toward the kitchen to get a glass of water for the frog.

Apr 25 2012, 4:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #59

wth is starcraft

Equipment Update

Iam
Armor
Iron Studded Gauntlets (Extra damage on impact)
Boots of sure foot (enchanted: less likely to trip or fall, increased movement in tricky terrain)

Apr 25 2012, 8:25 pm Fire_Kame Post #60

wth is starcraft

Rozen, Johann, Iam, and Dan are in the kitchen. Looking around they see a fire for cooking (with a kettle boiling over it), a wash basin, two tables laid out with prepared food - probably in preparation for the night - and a small, rickety door leading to a sundry and food store.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 524 >
  Back to forum