Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Chronicles of Kriste
Chronicles of Kriste
Apr 19 2012, 5:45 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 624 >

Apr 25 2012, 8:50 pm Sacrieur Post #61

Still Napping

"You need not worry about your precious king, councilor." Athenos paused before continuing, adding a more sinister tone to his voice, "If they wanted him dead we wouldn't have to bother searching for him, now would we?"

He grabbed a leather messenger bag out of one of the chests and flung a black cloak over his armored frame. He walked to the doorway before turning to look at the councilor.

"But in the event that we do not return, worrying will be the least of your concerns."

He then made his way to the kitchen. The bag was already packed with a few essentials: rope, flint and steel, a compass, and a map of the local area. But it had plenty of room for food. An annoyance, really, having to eat to live.

Fortunately, his mortal body seemed to respond well to the training he had put himself through. The armor wasn't too noticeable, and very well made. He could probably wear it consistently without chaffing or any detrimental effects.

[[ Once I get to the I'll grab some cheese and dried meats/fruits. Also a canteen of water. ]]

None.

Apr 25 2012, 11:32 pm Tempz Post #62

-Look for food that will last a long journey as well as Dried and preserved foods, some flint and a hunting knife, Waterskin full of water, and some flour, (check the kitchen)

-Go down pantry to look for these things as well (try not to carry too much weight) when finished go back to where the chests are and pick up a hunting knife if no hunting knife is available

-Go to stables

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 27 2012, 12:14 am by Tempz.

None.

Apr 25 2012, 11:49 pm Bar Refaeli Post #63

Ask if I have permission to say good bye to my family. If permission granted, leave castle and travel to the local tavern.

None.

Apr 26 2012, 11:40 pm Sand Wraith Post #64

she/her

Attempt to acquire water for the frog.
Acquire supplies such as long-lasting foods for the journey ahead and a waterskin.

Apr 27 2012, 12:16 am Tempz Post #65

Edit : also look for waterskins and water to which to fill the waterskins

None.

Apr 27 2012, 8:57 pm Fire_Kame Post #66

wth is starcraft

Equipment Update

Dan
Bag of the Eternal Feast [enchanted: food in this bag do not add excess weight, and under normal conditions are protected from the elements]
-1 lbs beef jerky
-1 lbs dried fruit
-1 lbs nuts
-1 lbs wheat flour
Flint
Filled Waterskin
Hunting knife

Athenos
Modest Cloak [enchanted: decreases intimidation level when worn]
Messenger Bag
-30m rope (up to 400 lbs tolerance)
-flint/steel
-compass
-Astron Protectorate Map
-Rough Canteen

Rozen
Interesting Bowl and lid [enchanted: liquid placed in the bowl has a harder time of spilling, ideal for carrying small aquatic creatures.]
Satchel
-1lbs beef jerky
-1lbs dried fruit
-1lbs nuts
Filled Waterskin

Sundry and dried goods are starting to run low in the royal kitchen.

After gathering supplies, Dan departs to the stables. He sees a young stable boy grooming a particularly lovely horse, but doesn't stop to see what the newcomer wants.

The stable has room for a dozen horses, but only four are in the stable (plus the horse the boy is working on): a strong gray horse, a classic and elegant chestnut, a shaggy but durable dirty gray horse, and a fast, sleek horse.

Athenos pulls out the Astron Protectorate Map and takes a look at it. As to be expected, the immediate area of the capital city is rather densely populated, with small towns and homesteads littering the path. He guesses each location has at least a population of twenty. The immediate surrounding area is pretty flat and dry - save for the two major rivers - much like a prairie. Thick lines indicate major roads while thin lines indicate old roads or hunting trails. The only thing that seems out of the ordinary are black and lavendar x's, with ink fresher than the rest of the map.

Iam approaches Sir Marcus, asking if he can go see his family. Marcus responds without hesitation, "of course you may! I will warn you that dinner is in two hours, if you care to partake in the food or in political tensions surrounding your voyage. I will warn you though, the embassy of Tryvali will also be attending, which will make observing ideal but conversation difficult. However, the rest of the time you spend in preparation is at the discretion of you - or your party. Perhaps you should consult with them before leaving?"

DM Note

Astron Protectorate Map

Apr 27 2012, 10:29 pm Vrael Post #67

What a beautiful map!

None.

Apr 27 2012, 10:44 pm Sacrieur Post #68

Still Napping

As Athenos looked at the map he grumbled, he turned to go back to the councilor. How fortunate that the map was so well documented.

Upon reaching the chamber he walked up to the councilor and showed him the map, "These marks, what is their purpose?"

None.

Apr 27 2012, 11:19 pm Fire_Kame Post #69

wth is starcraft

Sir Marcus looks for a second "ah yes, I am a little surprised you found one of these. One of the guards must have misplaced their copy....no no, you hold on to it. It will serve you better. The black x's indicate where...incidents have happened. For example, the sword hilt in your party's possession originated up here, near Irongoll. The lavendar x's indicate possible sightings of the beast doing this. We cannot verify anything in these regions due to any number of circumstances...agreements in place with natives of the area - such is true outside of Kuarte's Gate - up here near Irongoll it is too difficult or dangerous to traverse, as you see the terrain becomes much rockier and the beasts of the area much deadlier. Down here by Castlesedge, well, that's just plain dumb luck. We've search repeatedly and have not seen any sign of a beast as described, and I suggest it is a waste of time to start there.

"I suppose I should tell you what it is those that saw the beast say it looks like, but our information is spotty at best, and there was a lot of room for...embellishment. We do not know if it one foot or six feet or perhaps twenty. What the witnesses agreed on is that it walks on all fours and as a long, scaled tail. It is dark gray or black, and very slick...like covered in water, or oil. I assume that's what the residue is on the hilt. I hope this aids you in your search."

Apr 28 2012, 1:26 am Bar Refaeli Post #70

Nod a thanks at Marcus. Nod in acknowledgement at the rest of the party.

"Well, gents, we best be preparing for this mighty journey of ours, shant we? We have kings to save!"

Give an epic twirl on my feet before swiftly, yet smoothly, walk out the great doors.

Walk to the nearest tavern, I, of course, know the exact directions because I am a regular there. Walk inside, make my way to the bartender and ask for their strongest drink. If anyone dares challenge me, give them a look of over confidence and spit in their face. Take a few sips of my drink and then act before I think.

None.

Apr 28 2012, 1:38 am Tempz Post #71

Wow really nice map kame and great story I'm glad i joined your game.
I would however recommend you put the maps on the front page as it quite annoying for me to look back a page every time i had to look at the map.

-Take some dried fruit of the pouch and give it to the chestnut horse being careful the horse doesn't eat the entire bag. Than tell (whisper to) the horse if anyone else rides you ;kick them off.
-Go the weaponsmith to ask him to make me some 50m of rope, a leather bag, and a satchel. Than go back to the chests to find an enchanted somewhat lightweight weaponry (perfect would be a sword) as well as a holster for said weapon and an enchanted lightweight armor (perfect would be a chain-body made out of a lightweight material such as mithril (mythril)) Finally look for an enchanted wand and a spell-book, a compass, Finally look for a wilderness survival booklet...
-Go to front barracks and ask the guards to train me in using whatever weapon i have picked up and when finished read up on the spellbook (Most important spells being teleport) and wilderness survival booklet finally then ask how long until the banquet

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2012, 3:04 am by Tempz.

None.

Apr 28 2012, 4:30 am DevliN Post #72

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I travel to the sundry/food stores and look for any sort of backpack that I could use to hold any items I take.
  • I look for a canteen or other such jug to hold water.
  • I then look for any empty jars and flasks that could be used later to hold liquids.
  • I also look for any salts, herbs, or spices.
  • Finally, I look for any flint and tinder pieces in case I get lazy when a fire is necessary later on.

Then I head for the Fletcher/Weaponsmith.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 28 2012, 6:14 am Sand Wraith Post #73

she/her

Notice the very manly and handsome Devlin and make a pass at him.

Initiate a conversation with Devlin: something along the lines of
-point out we're in the same party
-try to introduce self and ask for the ranger's name
-read his mind and try to expand the conversation with a casual remark related to whatever he is thinking of.
etc.

EDIT:

STALK FOLLOW DEVLIN.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2012, 6:40 am by Sand Wraith.

Apr 28 2012, 7:30 am Tempz Post #74

I call shenanigans on sand wraith
Nvm anyways do i have a backpack as a default item same thing with a map?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2012, 9:34 am by Tempz.

None.

Apr 29 2012, 6:09 am Fire_Kame Post #75

wth is starcraft

Quote from Tempz
-Take some dried fruit of the pouch and give it to the chestnut horse being careful the horse doesn't eat the entire bag. Than tell (whisper to) the horse if anyone else rides you ;kick them off.
-Go the weaponsmith to ask him to make me some 50m of rope, a leather bag, and a satchel. Than go back to the chests to find an enchanted somewhat lightweight weaponry (perfect would be a sword) as well as a holster for said weapon and an enchanted lightweight armor (perfect would be a chain-body made out of a lightweight material such as mithril (mythril)) Finally look for an enchanted wand and a spell-book, a compass, Finally look for a wilderness survival booklet...
-Go to front barracks and ask the guards to train me in using whatever weapon i have picked up and when finished read up on the spellbook (Most important spells being teleport) and wilderness survival booklet finally then ask how long until the banquet

-You can't talk to horses, because there is no way a scientist has that type of ability. If you were a ranger (or a hunter, or a zookeeper) I could see it, but a scientist - especially one interested in time travel - should not have this ability to talk to animals or be understood by them. The horse will probably like you for the fruit, and may like you more if you ride it for a great deal of time, but you can't expect instant loyalty - and if someone with a better understanding of animals comes along, they might trump you at this point immediately.

-Weaponsmiths do not make rope or bags or satchels. They make weapons. You have a cross bow and enchanted bolts, along with poisons (which let's be honest could be really helpful). I'll give you a short sword but it won't be enchanted. You have enchanted armor - your robes. If you want other armor than you'll have to surrender your robes, because I'm not going to give someone three sets of enchanted armor.

-I thought I made this clear but I might not have. Magic in it's typical sense does not exist in this world. There are no spell tomes or wands. There are enchantments or charms. And learning these enchantments takes masters twenty to thirty years if they're inclined to study it, and teleportation does not exist. I'm also hesitant to include a wilderness survival book because Devlin is in your party, and since for all intents and purposes it's his job to know the surrounding area on a detailed level you have no need for it.

Apr 29 2012, 6:22 am Tempz Post #76

@Kame
Fair Enough

-look for the following in the chests rope, a leather bag, a satchel. a compass, a metal pot,
-Go to front barracks and ask the guards to train me in using whatever weapon i have picked up and when finished ask how long til the banquet

None.

Apr 29 2012, 6:30 am Fire_Kame Post #77

wth is starcraft

Equipment Update

Dan
Short sword
Compass
Large Satchel
Belt with three leather bags
30m rope
Iron Pot

Devlin
Heavy Duty Backpack
Canteen
12 oddly shaped glass flasks
2 small clay jars with cork stoppers
8oz each: salt, pepper
4oz each: cinnamon, powdered garlic, tumeric
Flint&Tinder

Devlin heads to the Weaponsmith's hut. It is dingy and smells of musk and metal. In the corner, hunched over an anvil is the weaponsmith, who takes one look at Devlin before turning back to his work. "Yea?" he asks gruffly.

Dan surrenders 20g to the nearest guard, begging for lessons on how to use a short sword. The guard humbly obliges, showing Dan a suitable mix of attacks and defenses using a short sword. Dan has gained the bonus of learning how to feint with usual success against someone his own level.

Iam downs a glass of mead before calling for another, dismayed at how weak their alcohol was. They must be running dry with the influx of travellers. It would still be several hours before shops would close, and as the sun was still up there weren't much in the way of farmers in the bar. Iam kept his eyes on his drink until he was suddenly interrupted by the frame of a hefty woman, arms crossed. She was rather homely and red in the face, but whether it was from the sun or anger Iam could never tell. "Fancy seeing you here, Iam. Nerve you have, walking out with nothing more than 'good bye.' This tavern never meant much to yea, huh? How many days has it been? Two, three years?" Iam started to ignore her, eyes on his drink again. He looked up for a moment and noticed three shady characters staring at the scene the woman and he were making.

"You've got something to say to me?" Iam booms to the three characters, interrupting the woman - a dangerous mistake. Two of the men look down at their feet, but the third one, amused at the commotion, smiled widely.

"No no, we were just marvelling at how...cute of a couple you two make."

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2012, 6:37 am by Fire_Kame.

Apr 29 2012, 7:13 am Sacrieur Post #78

Still Napping

"Ah, one last thing," Athenos grinned at his next thought, "Would you happen to know anyone who could provide an ample challenge? I wish to grow accustomed to this new armor."

None.

Apr 29 2012, 7:46 am Sand Wraith Post #79

she/her

Follow Devlin and attempt to initiate a conversation with the previously mentioned parameters. Try to befriend him.

Apr 29 2012, 7:57 am DevliN Post #80

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

To the weaponsmith:
"Hi. I have an arming sword and a dagger. You probably made them yourself, and I thank you for that. I was wondering if you had the ability to enhance them in any way. Perhaps giving me a greater edge in combat or something of that sort? If not, I understand. Also where would I find the fletcher to ask about arrows?"

I look at Rozen (supposing he enters the room). I notice his masquerade mask. I internally question why he'd wear that as he does. I then give all my attention to the weaponsmith again.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 624 >
  Back to forum