Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Chronicles of Kriste
Chronicles of Kriste
Apr 19 2012, 5:45 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 724 >

Apr 29 2012, 8:31 am Tempz Post #81

-Go back to my house to create some potions of strength (make sure to clearly label it) if i have to i will leave some of my poisons behind
-Go back into town to buy an enchanted chain-mail to go over my robes, if i can make it back before the banquet than do so also do not spend more than 50 gold on said chain-mail (and please give me the lists of armor before i buy em although I'm not picky whatever armor options you give me is fine)

(A few questions)
-You mentioned scrolls are these just simple writings or are they a sort of enchanted item?
-Can jars of food fit into my bag of eternal feast?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2012, 10:21 am by Tempz.

None.

Apr 29 2012, 9:51 am NudeRaider Post #82

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Tempz
-I've read the posts over again and i still don't know who is in my party
:facepalm: Every player. There's a frog, a ranger, a crazy scientist (you), a trader, a mind reader, a former god and a soldier.
You haven't set off to your journey yet, that's why you're still in (kinda) solo mode where your actions aren't limited by what the party as a whole is going to do.

Apr 29 2012, 6:27 pm Bar Refaeli Post #83

Stand up from the bar, knocking over my ale. Jump towards the "shady character" who spoke and wrap my fingers around his neck. Lightly squeeze, but not hard enough to choke him. "If you have something to say, then spit it out. I know your type, and you don't scare me!"

Let go of him, and spit on his shoe before turning to the women. "You shut up, women! We both know you were the reason I had to leave. You gave yourself to every man who walked in here! Well, sorry mam, but I have standards. Now get out of my sight 'cause you are the last person I want to see right now!" Turn back to the bartender and ask for another ale. "Real ale this time, I don't want any of this watered down shit." Reach into my pack, take out a gold coin and toss it to the bartender. "Well? What are ya' waiting for?! I have a big adventure ahead of me."

Ps. someone who is still in the castle, can you obtain some poisons (paralyze poisons and regular poisons) for me? I will be more gracious and pay you back with tip! I have big plans that involve said items ;)

None.

Apr 29 2012, 7:04 pm Azrael Post #84

Collect poisons, looking for paralyzing and regular potions, and put them in a satchel. Put additional poisons in a second satchel, along with any antidotes I can find for them. Travel to the local tavern and find Iam. Give him the poisons from the first satchel in exchange for 30 gold coins.

Edit: Then head back out into the town, and attempt the sell the saffron at a higher price than what I purchased it for.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2012, 7:40 pm by Azrael.

Apr 29 2012, 7:30 pm Bar Refaeli Post #85

Thanks babe.

Kame any chance we can have a character list in OP? It's whatever though.

None.

Apr 29 2012, 10:51 pm Fire_Kame Post #86

wth is starcraft

~*~*~*~
IMPORTANT DM note

~*~*~*~

Sir Marcus turns to Athenos' request. "Well, you could try some of the soldiers in the barracks, but I don't know what you will find. They are all rather antsy, you see, due to the pressures of the upcoming meal. You may be better off waiting for a sparring match. However it is up to you to try. The barracks are right over here."

Dan puts back the poisons he had originally grabbed - except for arsenic - grabbed up some of the empty vials and set back to his lab, remembering the tonics he had been developing meant to increase strength, alertness, and well being. As he walked off, mumbling about the different ingredients, Edwin picked up the poisons. Looking around for antidotes, he didn't find any. Come to think of it, the poisons in his possession did not look familiar to him at all. They were all murky and dark, but probably served different purposes. With that he set off to the tavern to find Iam.

Iam sat down at the bar, mumbling and shaking his head. "Well fine then, I suppose. Here I thought you would be interested in some of the characters to come through here, but what good are they to you? Who needs to know about some Kriste Agents running around the kingdom?" she started, babbling to no one in particular. The shady characters, who were making to leave the bar, paused at her words. "Lost, in their own country, sounds suspicious. Sounds like a lead you could use. But go ahead, go off on your adventure. Send a letter when you get there, tell us how much bail ya need," she walked off into the kitchen. The bartender shook his head.

"Nevermind her, she's been like that since you caught her with that blacksmith apprentice," the bartender said sadly, "too bad. You two would've been a good couple, but nevermind that. What's this adventure you're going on?" Before Iam could explain everything, Edwin comes in through the door, bumping into the shady character as he came in. The shady character, realizing he had been paying far too much attention, left, but not before dropping a slip of paper on the ground. Edwin approaches the bar and sits next to Iam, placing the poisons in front of him.

"30 gold." Edwin said shortly. Iam sifts through his belongings for money.

"Friend of yours?" the Bartender asked, amused. "Or traveling companion?"

The weaponsmith snorted at Devlin. "The fletcher? That no good, lazy sonofabitch? Well, his shop is next door, if that's what you mean, but he's been spending all his time trying to woo the princess. If I were his parents I'd knock him across the ears a couple of times. This is no time to be chasing tail." The weaponsmith got up and stretched, rubbing his lower back as he stepped towards Devlin. "Ah, let's see what you've got then," he picks up the dagger and arming sword, appraising them slowly. "I cannot take credit for such fine work, but I know who can. He taught me how to make these swords right here, and left the shop to me when he went off to pursue his own...fancies," the weaponsmith looked off for a moment in his own thoughts before returning. "At any rate, I can hone the blades a little, perhaps form the hilt to better suit your hand, but that's all I'd be good for on such a fine weapon. You'd have to seek him out for anything more," he cackled a little bit, "at any rate, I'm willin' to sharpen this for yea at 10g, if it suits your fancy."

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2012, 10:54 pm by DevliN. Reason: Fixed the "mods" thing. :awesome:

Apr 30 2012, 12:56 am Sand Wraith Post #87

she/her

When will be actions be processed? :[

Apr 30 2012, 12:57 am Tempz Post #88

Probably at 2am est

None.

Apr 30 2012, 1:05 am DevliN Post #89

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
Probably at 2am est
What are you talking about?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 30 2012, 1:16 am Bar Refaeli Post #90

Note: I believe I should also have poisons in my inventory (Edwin gave them to me for 30 gold). And damn you guys have a shit ton of stuff. I need me something enchanted. Also Kame so is there any chance that the ending will change even though you already know how it will end? (like one of us kills everyone in the party and seizes the crown for themself? hypothetical of course)

Ignore the bartender and go pick up and read the slip of paper on the ground. (feel free to tell me what it says). After reading it, become very sober and serious all of a sudden, as if I just had an epiphany. Nod to the bartender. "I'll be in contact about our plan soon. Be ready, this is an optimal time to persuade others to join a worthy cause in order for me to enter a position of higher meaning in the world." Nod to Edwin. "Thanks for the poisons, I am glad I am traveling with a servant on this adventure, I have many needs."

With that, rush out of the bar and head back to the castle. Once in the castle, go to the enchanted items stash and attempt to acquire an enchanted ring or necklace that enables me to breathe underwater (if even allowed) and then attempt to acquire a ring or necklace that is enchanted so I become more charismatic and people like me more. After doing so, then go to the kitchen and fill my bags with healthy, durable, wholesome food. Next ask the local alchemist in the castle for the details on the poisons that Edwin gave me. Lastly, go to wherever the dinner is being held and wait till dinner starts. Don't tell anyone about the note even if they ask.

EDIT: (clarification) if there are no alchemists in the castle then ask the person who is most wise about poisons in the castle.

None.

Apr 30 2012, 1:29 am Tempz Post #91

@Devlin
Replying to sand wraith

None.

Apr 30 2012, 3:30 am Vrael Post #92

Johan VanDerSchmut: *ribbit*

None.

Apr 30 2012, 3:33 am Sand Wraith Post #93

she/her

Does Rozen already have water in the bowl?

Apr 30 2012, 3:39 am DevliN Post #94

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
@Devlin
Replying to sand wraith
Right, but where are you getting "2 AM" from?

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 30 2012, 4:17 am Fire_Kame Post #95

wth is starcraft

DM Note

Iam gives Edwin the 30 gold and places the vials carefully in his pockets, thinking over the piece of paper he just picked up. It was a set of actions with several numbers, what could be presumed as times, as follows:

1200 - reach Gate's Edge, meet up with contacts.

1230 - depart Gate's Edge.

1800 - meet contacts at tavern.

1900 - depart tavern.

1930 - create diversion.

2000 - eliminate objective.

As Kriste does not have any formal way to tell time, Iam approximates that it is 1850. You run out of the tavern, and back to the castle. Iam too late to acquire any more gear at present, though. The dinner is just moments away, and as such the items from earlier have been put aside for now, out of view of the people mingling amongst each other. It is now 1900. If you are in the castle as of your last term, it is assumed you are still there, mingling or lounging to the side. Sir Marcus and Queen Margarite are at the front of the attention, graciously acknowledging some very strangely - although very well dressed - guests.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 30 2012, 4:45 am by Fire_Kame.

Apr 30 2012, 4:52 am Tempz Post #96

Oh i misunderstood i thought my tonic was made already but I'm just going to my lab.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 30 2012, 5:12 am by Tempz.

None.

Apr 30 2012, 6:02 am Sand Wraith Post #97

she/her

All right, action time:

Attend the dinner and not just act natural - be natural. Try to chat with everyone about how their days went, their occupations, family, pets, etc. and read their minds during the conversations.

Objective is to find any interesting information out of the characters and NPCs.

Talk to or try reading the minds of *everyone* though, including any servants and cooks and waiters and such. After all, it's always the normal ones that are weirdest.

Apr 30 2012, 7:05 pm DevliN Post #98

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I agree to the weaponsmith's terms.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 30 2012, 7:08 pm Vrael Post #99

(is sand wraith bringing me to dinner in his hand? that's prettly lulzy)

None.

Apr 30 2012, 7:09 pm Sacrieur Post #100

Still Napping

Athenos let out a sigh before returning to his quarters.

He wondered if he could use the bracelet's power to remove his armor as well. Without realizing it, he had already begun on his right gauntlet, and it shimmered into nothingness. He always did have a knack for this sort of thing, but storing them wasn't the difficult part. This type of tool was dangerous for mortals, and his level of expertise took years of arduous practice, and more than a few times he had summoned a sword in a way that would have killed him in this form. He focused more intently as he summoned the gauntlet back to his hand, it shimmered into its proper place, without so much of a flicker.

He did wish to wear the armor consistently, so that it would feel natural to him, but he couldn't wear it to a formal dinner. Of all the things he didn't understand about mortals, formality was not one of them. The gods had plenty of rituals, some even taking years. By comparison humans seemed almost casual.

None the less, he removed his armor with the bracelet's power and cleaned himself. He put on the finer clothes that the servants suggested he wore. They were simple, but still had a small flare of elegance. He donned his cloak and looked at himself in a mirror. He almost looked harmless. Chuckling at the thought, he left for dinner.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 30 2012, 7:22 pm by Sacrieur.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 724 >
  Back to forum