Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Nation States
Nation States
Mar 15 2011, 4:21 am
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 717 >

Mar 19 2011, 3:06 am Vrael Post #81

Devlin, join the WA so I can endorse you.

Payne, as WA delegate you have to decide (or I can override you and do it anyway as Founder) whether or not to accept that one guy's embassy offer.

None.

Mar 19 2011, 3:42 am DevliN Post #82

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Done.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 19 2011, 4:14 am Jack Post #83

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://m.nationstates.net/nation=overpriced_epiphanies

K. I ouylawed divorce because the other two options sucked but it was the lesser of three evils. How do I join the WA?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 19 2011, 7:26 am Vrael Post #84

Also Devlin, change your nation to a Queendom lol

oh jack on the left there is a thing called World Assembly

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2011, 7:34 am by Vrael.

None.

Mar 19 2011, 7:56 am Jack Post #85

Aww yeah, most politically free in mooseville. Also, this game is definitely biased against Christians.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 19 2011, 8:00 am Vrael Post #86

Nope, Yakswana's government is seen to favor Catholics.

None.

Mar 19 2011, 8:06 am Jack Post #87

Quote from Vrael
Nope, Yakswana's government is seen to favor Catholics.
I mean the game text. Anything like euthenasia, nudity etc. has a bishop or reverend saying stuff like 'We must obey God no matter how stupid He sounds.' 'Accept?'
And when I accept, my civil rights go down. Everything else is doing great though.

And you're assuming catholicism=christianity.

Also, i dun wanna join the united nations world assembly, it'll make me do things I don't wanna:(

Red classic.

Mar 19 2011, 8:17 am Fire_Kame Post #88

wth is starcraft

Nah its not favoring per se but as was mentioned before it functions off of false dichotomies, so it takes the most extreme sides of both. The Catholic church is pretty extreme.

Mar 19 2011, 10:46 am NicholasBeige Post #89

But if we were allowed to pay for donations, we'd get more of them and could save more lives. Plus the donor takes home a few hundred Blood of Children in compensation

:awesome:

edit:

Kurubati's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
"You called timmy a WHAT!?!?! No pocket money for you! Muahahah!"

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2011, 11:04 am by Cardinal.

None.

Mar 19 2011, 4:22 pm poison_us Post #90

Back* from the grave

"We may not like what they have to say, but in this society, people have the right to argue whatever political view they want, no matter how hateful, selfish, or stupid it is."
This, and I can't believe they actually gave me this line. It's like they read my mind. Oh, and I'll have a lot more political and civil rights after my current legislation passes. It's about the Nazi rally, and I plan to let it happen.

Mar 19 2011, 7:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #91

wth is starcraft

I wish someone had told me that inheritance tax accounted for 5% of my tax revenue! :massimo:

Mar 19 2011, 7:58 pm NicholasBeige Post #92

Quote from poison_us
"We may not like what they have to say, but in this society, people have the right to argue whatever political view they want, no matter how hateful, selfish, or stupid it is."
This, and I can't believe they actually gave me this line. It's like they read my mind. Oh, and I'll have a lot more political and civil rights after my current legislation passes. It's about the Nazi rally, and I plan to let it happen.
I let mine happen. Didn't change much except my people felt more oppressed. Think my Political Freedom actually decreased and Civil Rights stayed the same.

None.

Mar 19 2011, 8:21 pm Fire_Kame Post #93

wth is starcraft

They wanted to create designer babies by letting you abort fetuses until one you like came along. Sorry...that's where I draw the line. :( I tried to let them do whatever they wanted...but that isn't okay.

Mar 19 2011, 9:27 pm poison_us Post #94

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from poison_us
I let mine happen. Didn't change much except my people felt more oppressed. Think my Political Freedom actually decreased and Civil Rights stayed the same.
+3 to Civil Rights, +0 Freedom. Must've been another legislation you passed.

EDIT: What the shit is this?

EDIT2:
"Frankly, I don't see why we need to have elections at all," says your brother, Freddy Bush, over a late-night malt whiskey. "You always seem to know what's best. Why not scrap the whole political system? It would make things so much simpler."
My brother is amazing. Sadly, I must disagree, the current political system is far superior to despotism.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2011, 6:44 pm by poison_us.

Mar 21 2011, 9:01 am Decency Post #95

"My factory's productivity is down ten percent since marijuana was decriminalized," complains employer Prudence Wong. "And the number of thefts from the candy machine is off the scale. This so-called 'pot' needs to be banned in all public places. Let the junkies do what they want at home, but not in my workplace."

How much should I bet that the legislation after accepting this is going to turn into some complete ban of any personal smoking and maybe drinking and definitely not have anything to do with workplace/household differences.

Just like saying national identification is a good concept means barcoding everyone. (Not to mention, what a stupid fucking idea, humans are already distinctly traceable.)

None.

Mar 21 2011, 9:07 am Jack Post #96

Poison, that's mah nayshin :D

Red classic.

Mar 21 2011, 9:55 am Decency Post #97

Anything like euthenasia, nudity etc. has a bishop or reverend saying stuff like 'We must obey God no matter how stupid He sounds.' 'Accept?'

And when I accept, my civil rights go down.

Seems pretty accurate to me? I don't exactly see why your civil rights would go up when you're ... losing civil rights.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2011, 10:17 am by FaZ-.

None.

Mar 21 2011, 10:40 am Jack Post #98

Quote from name:FaZ-
Anything like euthenasia, nudity etc. has a bishop or reverend saying stuff like 'We must obey God no matter how stupid He sounds.' 'Accept?'

And when I accept, my civil rights go down.

Seems pretty accurate to me? I don't exactly see why your civil rights would go up when you're ... losing civil rights.
So you're saying it is a civil right to kill people?

Red classic.

Mar 21 2011, 11:38 am poison_us Post #99

Back* from the grave

No, it's a civil right for people to choose to be killed. There's a difference between killing with consent and killing without it.

Also,
Quote from Jack
:wut:??

Mar 21 2011, 7:56 pm Jack Post #100

Quote from poison_us
No, it's a civil right for people to choose to be killed. There's a difference between killing with consent and killing without it.

Also,
Quote from Jack
:wut:??
It used to be illegal to commit suicide. I was under the impression it still was. And you're missing ny point: what defines a civil right? Why are civil rights and what constitutes them constantly changing?

And Overpriced Epiphanies is my nation.

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 717 >
  Back to forum