Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 954 >

Mar 9 2011, 2:55 pm payne Post #121

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Looks a bit funky, but I say I'd prefer it to white blobs.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 4:23 pm NicholasBeige Post #122

Yeah, they seem to not really line up as I would've hoped. You might also need an L shaped model :D

Edit: Ahli I'm available for a test tonight if you're about.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 4:26 pm DevliN Post #123

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, that model is a vast improvement, but definitely needs a dark skin.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 9 2011, 7:18 pm Ahli Post #124

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

New terrain and I've played with the sc2layout files from mapster. :D
I'm 100% sure that I can delete 90% of the invisibility flags I've added. ^^

I still need to change the menu buttons in the top left corner and the game time nearly invisible on 1024*768.
So I will move everything somewhere on top of the screen.

I'm at a low internet speed place until April.
I'm afraid that I can't upload the "huge" mapfile because I've heard that there is a upload time limit of 2 minutes.

edit:
upload aborted after 2 min ;S

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2011, 7:33 pm by Ahli.

Mar 10 2011, 12:42 am payne Post #125

Nuuu! D:
I wanted to test this version so bad. T_T

None.

Mar 13 2011, 10:35 am NicholasBeige Post #126

moar progresss plz.

None.

Mar 13 2011, 12:05 pm Ahli Post #127

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I've made some spells and fixed a few bugs I encountered.

^ Fire Wall
Multiple Flames next to each other trying to hit every 0.4 seconds and the flames last for 4.9 seconds (12 hit chances per flame in total).
I may add a temporary protection to reduce the hit rates and take out the stacking effect (cast 2 fire Walls onto each other) while maintaining the chance to hit every passing monster.

^ Charged Bolt (needs cooler model...)
Multiple Bolts fly towards the enemy. They follow a random path while flying into a general direction.

^ Fireball
Explodes on contact (wall or monster) and trys to hit every target within the area.

Also:
- Firebolt (Tiny Marauder Missile [you can't really see the rocket, only the emission]).
It's like an arrow with fire Damage.
- Lightning (ArchonBeamSuper Model. But I need to figure out how to displace the model in the actor from the unit because the model is in front of the projectile unit). The lightning travels through monsters and can hit a single unit multiple times depending on contact time. Atm a default monster can be hit 3 times with a single Lightning.

All projectiles travel with the same speed as the arrow which is 4. That is subject to change. So the Lightning may travel faster and the fireball slower. But that needs to be balanced later.
Spell levels could increase the travel speed, too...

Mar 13 2011, 6:45 pm payne Post #128

Firewall's orientation depends on the caster's facing point, right?

None.

Mar 13 2011, 7:07 pm Tempz Post #129

Great screenshots, I noticed Ui overlapping in the 1st post screenshot

Edit : how do you control your character? wasd, mouse?

None.

Mar 13 2011, 7:52 pm Ahli Post #130

Quote from payne
yes

Quote from Tempz
Great screenshots, I noticed Ui overlapping in the 1st post screenshot

Edit : how do you control your character? wasd, mouse?
Controls:
- Left Mouse Button, Right Mouse Button, Shift Button, Button 1 to 5
- ESC to quickly close dialog windows.
- Enter to flame other players or to enter testing cheat codes as usual

If you mean the small overlapping of the clock and the red orb.
Yes, I could move the timer a little bit more up.

edit:

^ Active skill chose menu activateable with clicking one of the active skill buttons (golden squares).
Clicking onto the skill again closes it without changes.

I've designed it that an item can give you a skill...
Skills are items internal (because of belt and I can use custom values and maybe behaviors to save information without further variables).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 13 2011, 8:03 pm by Ahli.

Mar 13 2011, 8:00 pm Raitaki Post #131

Quote from payne
Wait, what? I thought it was cast wherever your mouse is pointing?
@Ahli: Just wondering....can you generate random dungeons with SC2? :3

None.

Mar 13 2011, 8:11 pm Ahli Post #132

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from payne
Wait, what? I thought it was cast wherever your mouse is pointing?
@Ahli: Just wondering....can you generate random dungeons with SC2? :3

Atm the Firewall's middle is cast at the point where your mouse is.
I will add a maximum cast range for every skill that works like that. Then the point is the furthest point into the direction you pointed at.

The sides are created 90 degrees offset of the direction. So you always create a wall your hero looks at.

@random dungeons
My dungeons consist out of units (buildings). So I can create walls wherever I want.
Creating cliffs or modify terrain texture with triggers isn't possible. You can only create actors that deform the terrain height.

Mar 14 2011, 5:58 am payne Post #133

Not quite sure if you've done it, but marking the stairs on the minimap would be nice. :>
Also, that minimap looks like its misplaced, but I can't think of a better place. :/
And your "Character" and "Inventory" buttons should be just a bit larger so they can contain all of the letters without them touching the borders.
Oh, and don't forget to make these fires look less out-of-nowhere! :awesome:

EDIT: Not quite sure if it's an illusion, but it looks like the rooms are bigger. I'd say I prefer it that way. :)
And I think there are too many chests. You should probably reduce they frequency of appearance by half. :O

P.S. Hourray for spells! :D

None.

Mar 14 2011, 9:16 am NicholasBeige Post #134

re: minimap location

If you could scale it larger and add opacity... then make it only display while the TAB key is held down - that would be perfect. Or even if no scaling and no opactiy, simply make it hidden without keypress. Diablo didn't require a map all the time, and certainly not a minimap - so that's why I think it detracts from your current UI.

None.

Mar 14 2011, 12:10 pm Ahli Post #135

Quote from payne
Not quite sure if you've done it, but marking the stairs on the minimap would be nice. :>
Also, that minimap looks like its misplaced, but I can't think of a better place. :/
And your "Character" and "Inventory" buttons should be just a bit larger so they can contain all of the letters without them touching the borders.
Oh, and don't forget to make these fires look less out-of-nowhere! :awesome:

EDIT: Not quite sure if it's an illusion, but it looks like the rooms are bigger. I'd say I prefer it that way. :)
And I think there are too many chests. You should probably reduce they frequency of appearance by half. :O

P.S. Hourray for spells! :D
@Inventory, Character Buttons
SC2's screen buttons got that insanely large area where you can click and where is no button drawn.
The buttons nearly take the complete space you can see there to the left and right.

@room size
it's an illusion.

Mar 14 2011, 11:04 pm payne Post #136

@Screen buttons: use Dialog Items of type Button instead?

None.

Mar 14 2011, 11:39 pm Ahli Post #137

I might move the buttons somewhere else anyways.

I've made the Flame Wave spell (accelerating fire wall in ">" shape) and the town portal spell today.
I still need to add checks for the placement. You can cast a TP next to wall, go in and go back to jump over them...
or you can cast them while entering the first level which results in a TP somewhere between the 2 points because the screen moves. >_<

Skills + chosen mouse skills aregetting saved now.
The catalog error message has been fixed when you die and loading now deletes items that weren't "really" inside the inventory while saving (e.g. grabbed items).
These items getting deleted while loading now ( instead staying hidden inside the inventory forever).

Mar 15 2011, 12:59 am Tempz Post #138

At a curiosity will you have random dungeons like in diablo (via triggers) or will you have preset layout?

None.

Mar 15 2011, 1:48 am Ahli Post #139

Quote from Tempz
At a curiosity will you have random dungeons like in diablo (via triggers) or will you have preset layout?
I've random dungeon levels within preset areas of the map. So the room size and the content is random, but the max. size and general shape will be preset.

I will try to give each 4 levels their own feeling. Here are my thougths that I just had:
Church:
-many smaller rooms
Catacombs:
-more stretched rooms (= wide corridors) and rooms within rooms
Caves:
-non square rooms, I will need to have some look at algorithms that construct these types
-I would like to have lava areas in there... maybe I can deform the terrain and place invisible movement blockers with footprint
-so you would have at least 1 huge open area inside a level and some smaller paths
Hell:
-bigger rooms? I don't know...

Special areas would use one of a few sets for each area that I could make. Or at least I will predefine some parts of these areas.

Mar 16 2011, 12:45 am Tempz Post #140

Just make sure you don't add the hell fire expansion pack since that was crap :O

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 954 >
  Back to forum