Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1054 >

Mar 16 2011, 9:51 pm Ahli Post #141

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Tempz
Just make sure you don't add the hell fire expansion pack since that was crap :O
Atm I'm using nothing from it except maybe a prefix or a suffix (I think "of Devastation" comes from it).

I'm not making a 100% remake. I will make my own version that hopefully won't suck. Or else I can change it.

Blood spills and slain people on the ground have been added. Some of them act as a container and replaced some chests.

Items from containers will spawn with their name tag for 5 seconds (like pressing ALT).

I've added a max cast range and a sight traceline check (no walls in the way to the target point). It's 11 for Town Portal and Fire Wall allowing to cast within nearly the whole screen on 1024x768 resolution.

Just, if casting a spell fails (wall in the way, not enough mana), what should happen?
Atm the default behavior is using the default weapon attack. So you would run, attack or shoot an arrow, but I could change it to walk or look (shift).

Mar 16 2011, 10:55 pm payne Post #142

:payne:

Items from containers will spawn with their name tag for 5 seconds (like pressing ALT).
Oh the good idea. You should apply this to all spawned items. :O

Just, if casting a spell fails (wall in the way, not enough mana), what should happen?
Atm the default behavior is using the default weapon attack. So you would run, attack or shoot an arrow, but I could change it to walk or look (shift).
It should either make you move to or toward the point.

None.

Mar 16 2011, 11:10 pm Decency Post #143

Quote from Tempz
Just make sure you don't add the hell fire expansion pack since that was crap :O

It was a great addition if you unlocked the two custom classes, Barbarian and Bard. Monk was pretty cool too.

None.

Mar 18 2011, 5:07 pm Ahli Post #144

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

News:
- I've made 2 modfiles. One that contains music and one that contains townie sound files. So there's music now.
- Plus I've lowered the size of sound files by lowering the quality. At least I can't notice a difference. I can still lower it more and more by exporting the .ogg again from itself with lower quality, if needed.
It compressed the filesize over 30-50 % per file.

- Items that couldn't be placed inside the inventory are lifted and fall down (I had to apply the effect twice to make it work... strange, but it works now).
- Monsters should follow you way farther now and are attracted by missed attacks. I've raised their sight range, too.
- Combat text tags are now moving upwards.
- Glooms have now a charge ability like the Zealot. If you run away, the Gloom may charge you twice atm.
- Minimap zooms over the dungeon level
- Fixed a bug with "Fast Block" display on item's tooltip
- Price/Cost displays are now colored. Repair Costs and buy price are bright yellow, if you have enough money, red if you haven't enough. The sell price (you sell stuff to merchant) is green.

edit:

- Tristram has built some streets and Ogden founded the Tavern of the Rising Sun.
- Tristram has a well, too. I can make the water appear tainted whenever I want :)
- Fixed a bug that could draw portraits forever onto your screen.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2011, 5:36 pm by Ahli.

Mar 20 2011, 5:38 pm Raitaki Post #145

Don't forget the random quests~ ;o

None.

Mar 20 2011, 5:48 pm payne Post #146

Where's ma "Repair all" button? :massimo:
And how can there be fire on the ground without wood under it (*tip tip*). :hurr:

None.

Mar 20 2011, 5:52 pm Raitaki Post #147

Quote from payne
And how can there be fire on the ground without wood under it (*tip tip*). :hurr:
There's no Repair All in D1? :hurr:

None.

Mar 20 2011, 5:56 pm payne Post #148

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from payne
There's no Repair All in D1? :hurr:
Is that a rhetorical question?
If there aren't any in D1, well I want one. :massimo:

None.

Mar 21 2011, 1:41 pm Ahli Post #149

^ They are burning the dead. Maybe a burial wasn't enough to bring peace to the slain and the water became tainted...

^ A Shack appeared over the night across the river. A witch that calls herself Adria seems to magically built it alone from one day to another.

I wish I would have a wooden bridge :S
Blizzard, give me/us a wooden bridge ;D

sticking wood onto it would make the whole bridge to fat o0

edit:

^ Griswold, what are the cows doing here?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2011, 2:39 pm by Ahli.

Mar 21 2011, 5:12 pm Centreri Post #150

Relatively ancient and inactive

I just want to say... this is awesome. Any ETA?

None.

Mar 21 2011, 6:18 pm Ahli Post #151

^ Tristram with in high terrain editor settings

Next test version release might be the first of April or later.

Mar 21 2011, 6:29 pm NicholasBeige Post #152

I'm pretty pro at terraining if you want a hand ;)

Edit: what tileset are you using?

None.

Mar 21 2011, 6:33 pm TiKels Post #153

Quote from Ahli
first of April
Is this supposed to be a joke? April fools as a release date? =P

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 21 2011, 6:36 pm NicholasBeige Post #154

Yeah, every screenshot in here is just an elaborate photoshop effort. When me and Ahli test the map I just make stuff up to tell him to fix.

None.

Mar 21 2011, 6:41 pm Ahli Post #155

Quote from name:Cardinal
I'm pretty pro at terraining if you want a hand ;)

Edit: what tileset are you using?
That was pretty much most of the terraining until now ;D

I'm using the Typhoon tileset but I would like to swap the grass tiles because typhoon's grass is ugly.

Quote from TiKels
Quote from Ahli
first of April
Is this supposed to be a joke? April fools as a release date? =P
At least I will move back to my apartment then.

Quote from name:Cardinal
Yeah, every screenshot in here is just an elaborate photoshop effort. When me and Ahli test the map I just make stuff up to tell him to fix.
:rolleyes:

edit:

^ Repair all Button and all the colored value displays...

Does anyone know how to make sound files louder without modifying them in audacity? My music is a little bit quiet and 3D world sounds aren't loud enough sometimes.
Seems like I can only make stuff more quiet. :(

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2011, 5:10 pm by Ahli.

Mar 23 2011, 4:52 pm Ahli Post #156

So with resetting 1 actor to default and adjusting it again my map loads without errors. Before I've had many many warnings while loading the map.
I had to add 1 actor for my learned skill item to make the error ingame go away.
So everything is running smoothly except a few things:
- I get a warning that I'm creating a unit flagged as a projectile that didn't spawn due to an attack. I'm Sherlock and I know why I'm doing that, so I would like to make that message disappear.
- Error message at startup (in the debugger) with many custom models that it contains some unknown settings or something. Maybe you won't get that error during online play, so it might be no problem at all (besides that nearly all models I use have wrong animations anyway). I think these were only the WoW models.
- The Layout is incompatible anymore and I've not really an idea how to adjust it with the method Blizzard wants us to do it. I may have to tinker around or wait untill someone from sc2mapster figured it out. So I've managed to move the minimap into the middle of the map with small adjustments with my layout files :X

Mar 23 2011, 7:04 pm payne Post #157

The Custom UI is ruined? :-(

None.

Mar 23 2011, 7:25 pm Ahli Post #158

Quote from payne
The Custom UI is ruined? :-(
Not entirely ruined.
I can still overwrite the layout files until new patch. That's what I'm doing atm.
I have to extract the latest Layout files out of the latest patch mpq and modify it.

I've managed to change nearly everything like it was before. But atm there is still the black background where the wireframe, unitname, etc was and where the portrait was.
I didn't had these problems before.

Mar 23 2011, 7:33 pm payne Post #159

Oh and btw, you should move the Game Timer to the Middle top or just to the right of the main button at the top-left. :O

None.

Mar 23 2011, 9:00 pm Ahli Post #160

Ok, I made this for payne ;D
because of his post here

I've drawn my plan on the current 1.3 screenshot. But the method I'm using won't be supported in future.
Everything you see in purple has to be done with layout manipulation.

You can still see that I'm struggling with the updated layout files. I've no idea where these 2 black areas are defined atm. :S

edit:
Damned I missed FPS area, but you can't change that afaIk. But I can build my GUI around it ;D

edit:
Will I get Bashiok's attention because both pics combined show what I'm actually doing?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 23 2011, 9:10 pm by Ahli.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1054 >
  Back to forum