Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 854 >

Mar 8 2011, 12:55 am NicholasBeige Post #101

@payne - lol. That would take stupid amounts of effort - when it would be a lot more economical simply to set the mini-map bounds per dungeon. But fair play, I stand corrected.

None.

Mar 8 2011, 10:27 am Ahli Post #102

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Still no custom walls? :(
As soon as you get these in, I'd love to host the latest version. :)
I need a sc2 model for that. If I have one, I would love to add it.

Quote from name:Cardinal
Nahhh.. Make it so that when the player holds tab the see-through Diablo-style map appears :D. Should even be possible? Hell no :P... unless you could create some galaxy script to convert your dungeon area into 0's and 1's, and convert this into a .txt file or an array-styled grid which then reconverts it back into the Diablo-style overlayed map...

And no, you can't select which units to show on the minimap for certain players. I'm pretty sure you can't do it easily at least. When a structure dies in fog-of-war, it still shows up on your minimap until you reveal that area again and the minimap will update. You could possibly use a 'remove unit' and 'replace unit' on the wall structures and see if this allows you to hide certain dungeon areas - causing the player to have to rediscover the wall lay-out.

Easier option would be just to set the game bounds through triggers to the dungeon. Then if the player moves to another dungeon, reset the bounds and match the minimap.
I could draw a minimap on a dialog out of dots. But the normal minimap already does that by default and much better :S.

Your quick-item bar (slots 1 to 5) on your new UI... allow players to put abilities there! As well as items :D
I thought about that, too, when I've seen it. Should be possible. So you can chose if you use it as a potion belt or as a skill hotkey. I will add D2's rows for potions. I don't like stacking potions onto 1 button. That limits yourself to 1 kind of healing potions and I may change the potion types someday.

But the mechanic isn't clear. Spells like a nova, can be simply activated with it. For other spells with a target point, it doesn't work.
But I could make it that it changes to be the active right mouse button spell.

Mar 8 2011, 12:17 pm MadZombie Post #103

http://www.mediafire.com/?hqqkgj1k40xj2a5

wall model?

Cardinal halp/convert plz.

None.

Mar 8 2011, 1:01 pm NicholasBeige Post #104

You're gonna have to export it to a format that 3dsmax can support. I suggest .obj

None.

Mar 8 2011, 1:51 pm MadZombie Post #105

Ah I forgot to do that part. I'll do it when I get home.

None.

Mar 8 2011, 3:37 pm NicholasBeige Post #106

Well, as soon as you do that I can make it an sc2model file.

None.

Mar 8 2011, 8:05 pm Jack Post #107

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://www.mediafire.com/?phm8kda859hvc6i
and http://www.mediafire.com/?m6n92z6zm1b7sr8

I believe the first one is the texture/UV information.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 8 2011, 8:15 pm NicholasBeige Post #108

Quote from Jack

.obj file format saves texture co-ordinates and uv information. But, max does fail hard at associating a .mtl file with an .obj - so, could you upload or email me the "Material_Diablo_wall_png_001" or just the .png file which was in the diffuse map of the model?

None.

Mar 8 2011, 8:22 pm Jack Post #109

Quote from Jack

.obj file format saves texture co-ordinates and uv information. But, max does fail hard at associating a .mtl file with an .obj - so, could you upload or email me the "Material_Diablo_wall_png_001" or just the .png file which was in the diffuse map of the model?
Lolwat, MZ sent the blend without putting the image in it, there's no image file there. Just a file path to something that doesn't exist. Fail.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 8 2011, 8:31 pm NicholasBeige Post #110

He is mexican right? Or am I just falsely insinuating racial prejudices? Anyway, I agree with you... he failed hard!

Anyways, I raised questions about the exact kind of model that Ahli might need a few pages back in this thread and he hasn't replied... I think the model will have to be two sided, so I butchered the one you sent me, optimised it as much as possible and then applied a symmetry so that he can use this one model for vertical and horizontal wall pieces.

I'm also thinking he might need a corner piece, like a 'plus-shaped' one and an 'L-shaped' one. So we might need to re-unwrap and create textures for the 3 wall pieces.

Like that? if it makes sense.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2011, 9:22 pm by Ahli. Reason: merging posts

None.

Mar 8 2011, 9:21 pm Jack Post #111

Are you any good at texturing? MZ doesn't want to help texture any more and I doubt I'll have time to.

Red classic.

Mar 8 2011, 9:39 pm NicholasBeige Post #112

likewise. I can't texture I'm afraid. Here are the models if you want to take a look - the password for the 7zip file is this thread starter ;)

I guess I'll just put a standard clay material on them and they can be used until properly textured?

Edit: woops: http://www.mediafire.com/?c6xd5wtvb83cbe3

Edit2: I think they're all ready to go into SC2 now (the ones on my computer still that is). I'll just finalise the export and double check that they work in the engine and then I'll send them to Ahli to play with ;)

Edit3: In game they are extremely huge and oddly rotated. Not sure if Ahli knows what import/model/actor settings to fiddle with to get them all right - but if he does, then they're about as good as they're gonna get without someone to texture em up.

Edit4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/559779em4d8wmjm/d1walls.7z - the grey, clay-like texture I applied appears as a nice pale blue in game. They also don't seem to inherit lighting very well. I know understand where Mesk gets his anti modding rage from.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2011, 10:25 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Mar 8 2011, 11:09 pm Ahli Post #113

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

The pale blue is the default for "no texture". ^^

Would that fit as a belt? It will be opened/displayed, if the player opens the inventory.

I could resize all upper buttons to be smaller so that I could fit in a 4th in the row.

I will have a look at the models now and try them out.

edit:

The actor scales the model to "0.076000,0.076000,0.090000". I've changed the lightning back to the original Typhoon lightning.
I like how the walls feel while moving the hero.

Btw, I've made the right mouse button usable, too.
The first step for real skillusage is done. :D

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2011, 11:57 pm by Ahli.

Mar 9 2011, 10:40 am NicholasBeige Post #114

Looks good Ahli.

Will it be possible from your algorithm to place different wall pieces so that the other two models are used also? As well as rotate the straight section by 90 degrees? I think you might also need a T shaped wall section also.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 11:38 am Ahli Post #115

I just added the other models now.
Before I simply replaced the model in the actor and resized the actor to fit in.

I need to tweak the algorithms to replace and turn the walls.

Yes, a T modell is missing for the edges.

Mar 9 2011, 11:57 am NicholasBeige Post #116

Well this doesn't bode well. I just finished unwrapping, reset xForm and adjusted the pivot - then when it came to exporting it gives me that error. I'll try fix it, but no promises.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 12:11 pm NicholasBeige Post #117

Quote from Ahli
Yes, a T modell is missing for the edges.

On a less srs note.

Edit 1: On a more srs note: please merge this post.

Edit 2: On a positive note: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qgc6ge09i7dauxb/D1Wall_TCorner.m3 got it to work.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 1:06 pm Ahli Post #118

Can you PM me that file?
Mediafire doesn't let me dl that file.

And I guess that lightning problems may be fixable when Blizzard releases some plugins in a few years... (at least they said that they wanted to support modelling long time ago) :(

Mar 9 2011, 1:27 pm NicholasBeige Post #119

In your in box. In.

And I guess that lightning problems may be fixable when Blizzard releases some plugins in a few years... (at least they said that they wanted to support modelling long time ago)

I'm sure it is possible to create better models which will inherit lighting and other things from the engine better. But it is just impossible to know how to create these models. I mean, you can look at an sc2 model in 3DS Max - but it's hard to know exactly how they pieced it together. Those walls are extremely low poly, and have some topology errors - which I couldn't be bothered fixing, since they were not going to be textured and are only placeholders.

Let me know how the game plays, quality wise, when you have dungeons being generated in game and what the frame-rate is like while fighting mobs in the new dungeons with the walls. If it seems to run okay, let me know and I'll create some better quality wall objects (in the near future).

None.

Mar 9 2011, 1:51 pm Ahli Post #120

The models seem ok.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 854 >
  Back to forum