Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1154 >

Mar 23 2011, 9:20 pm DevliN Post #161

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Attention in a good or bad way? If anything, he'll praise it like he did for this thread.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 23 2011, 10:06 pm Ahli Post #162

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
Attention in a good or bad way? If anything, he'll praise it like he did for this thread.
I've no idea.
From the fan's site, it will be good.
From the company's site it might be bad (cause I'm using their stuff).
But because I'm using a new game to bring their old game back to life, that might make it difficult.

I've no idea if they would allow me to use pictures, sound, music, story of their diablo franchise.
Diablo is nearly 15 years old... that's super old for software (but D1 is still running perfect after colorfix on Win7).

But because I guess I'm doing an awesome job, it won't be bad.

edit:
Devourer fixed it within a few seconds :clap:
So with the unsupported method I can do what I want for this patch.
I still need to transfer these changes to the method that we should officially use because they will patch the unsupported method in future.

edit:
ok, I figured out how to do the official method. The following will move the game timer somewhere else
Code
<!--  this is a comment  -->

<!--  all changes have to be within <Desc>  </Desc>  -->
<Desc>

<!--  you write the frame type, then the name and add the frame path inside the file and add the file information behind; ignore templates -->
    <!--  the frame path consist out of all opened frames -->
    <Frame type="MissionTimePanel" name="GameUI/UIContainer/ConsoleUIContainer/MissionTimePanel" file="GameUI">
        <!-- change what you like to change here -->
        <Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$parent" pos="Max" offset="-150"/>
        <Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="-3"/>
    </Frame>
</Desc>

Import the file into the map and add it in data editor -> gameUI data -> custom layout files

I can upload the custom layout file, if I've done all changes.

edit:
Problem with the new system: Moving the Minimap to the top right corner.
Code
Task: Move the Minimap to the Top right Corner
Solution with unofficial method that is going to be patched:
               <Frame type="MinimapPanel" name="MinimapPanel" template="MinimapPanel/MinimapPanelTemplate">
                   <Anchor side="Right" relative="$parent" pos="Max" offset="76"/>
                   <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent" pos="Min" offset="-27"/>
                   <Width val="395"/>
                   <Height val="327"/>
               </Frame>

My attemp with the official method:
    <Frame type="MinimapPanel" name="GameUI/UIContainer/ConsoleUIContainer/MinimapPanel" file="GameUI">
    </Frame>
Doesn't work. The minimap is going to be placed in the middle of the screen. Seems like the old anchors aren't being deleted.
How to delete the old anchors?

I found relative="$this" is their example... testing...

edit:
relative="$parent/$parent" results in top left corner. It seems like there is the origin. relative="$parent/$parent/$parent" is there, too.

edit:
Solved my problem:
Code
    <Frame type="MinimapPanel" name="GameUI/UIContainer/ConsoleUIContainer/MinimapPanel" template="MinimapPanel/MinimapPanelTemplate" file="GameUI">
        <Anchor side="Left" relative="$this" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
        <Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$this" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
    </Frame>
We have to "delete" old anchors. Setting the relative to themselves solves it. The other values may have to be the correct sides for the anchor.

The minimap is in the correct position now. :)

edit:
new problems:
- can't change the menu buttons' size (they have been created by a template that sets their size. I can't set the button's size. Updating the template failed, too.)
- can't hide the console panel...
What am I doing wrong :X

edit:
At least I was able to take out the GameUI file. I can't take out the rest. So it will work until a patch changes it...

other news:
-Items have a dropsound now
-there is a pickup sound now

edit:
-fixed a bug that allowed items without proper requirements active

Requirements check:
1. get body stats
2. use stats effects of equipped items, if class and level requirement is ok
3. check every item in the inventory and set requirements not met marker

drawbacks:
- items that are equipped without fulfilling its requirements and have stats raising magic (e.g. +5 to Strength) will cause their magic to be used for other items to be worn.
example:
body 45 STR
helm REQ 50 STR
armor +5 STR REQ 60 STR
-> Armor causes you to have 50 STR during the requirements check which will cause the helmet to be active. Armor stays inactive. So the helmet will change your stats because you have the armor in the slot. The armor does not change your stats [no magic, no armor class], but it can be damaged due to getting hit and you can't put the armor back into the slot after selecting it because the requirements aren't met.

If you want to think about my system, you have to keep in mind that items might lower the stats and I won't track the order of equipped.

Post has been edited 11 time(s), last time on Mar 25 2011, 6:42 pm by Ahli.

Mar 26 2011, 12:53 am payne Post #163

:payne:

Just so you know, Ahli: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267589748#14

None.

Mar 26 2011, 12:55 am DevliN Post #164

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Ahli asked Iskatu to post that.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 26 2011, 12:57 am payne Post #165

Quote from DevliN
Ahli asked Iskatu to post that.
Oh! Didn't even realize it was Isk! :><:
My bad. :/

Also, I hate coming in this thread and seeing Ahli is a too good member to double post: I miss so many updates because of those edits not being marked as unread post. :(

None.

Mar 27 2011, 12:14 am Ahli Post #166

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

News:
- cows make moo
- Did I already post that I've added bow, melee and some spell sounds?
- Character statistics window shows all stats now (but is still "ugly" [pure default sc2 dialog] and has no color indicators)
- added get hit sounds and death sounds for heroes
- I'm using a behavior that prohibits that too many sounds are played at once per hero, I might use 1 for get hit "uuaaaargh" sound only and 1 for notEnoughMana/cantCarryAnyMore/questTalk (no quests yet)

edit:
- added notEnoughMana & cantCarryAnyMore hero sounds

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2011, 1:02 am by Ahli.

Mar 27 2011, 8:27 pm Jack Post #167

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://www.udmod.com/showthread.php?1274-The-UI&p=14186#post14186 this post may or may not help with your UI problems, I'm not 100% sure what method you're using and what your current problems are ATM.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 27 2011, 9:03 pm Ahli Post #168

Quote from Jack
http://www.udmod.com/showthread.php?1274-The-UI&p=14186#post14186 this post may or may not help with your UI problems, I'm not 100% sure what method you're using and what your current problems are ATM.
He is replacing the original sc2layout files like me. But that is going to get forbidden with next patch because every patch with layout structure changes would crash sc2 and non-mappers would flood Blizzard with wrong crash reports.

He says that the new method would be equal powerful, but obviously he didn't try to move all of his changes into the official method. To less people actually tried converting their layouts to the new way. Seems like many maps will break after new patch and might stay broken for a while.

The current problems that I have are that I can't make the changes to the non-GameUI files that I want. For example I can't resize the menu buttons in the top left screen edge.

At least I guess I could "hide" everything while moving the stuff out of the screen with the new method. But what if people want to modify these instead of hiding?

Oh and Blizzard states that you would override frames. But wouldn't that mean that you delete the content of the old frame and create the new one instead?
But I guess the system creates the default UI first. After that it loads the content of the official method. So you need to delete old anchors and modifying templates has no effect on existing ones.
Or everything just doesn't work because Blizzard didn't implement to apply changes to other files than GameUI, yet.
I've no idea. At least I can't do that, atm. :S

But GameUI changes work. For this patch I can still make it look like I want.

edit:
I've looked at their stuff for their big project and I'm speechless looking at their models. :D
I hope that Blizzard's planned marketplace really develops to some mod file sharing system. I wish I could use some stuff they produce in later stages without blowing my own upload limit since they create medieval models with a more realistic (not warcraft) style.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2011, 9:48 pm by Ahli.

Mar 28 2011, 2:57 pm Ahli Post #169

- Holy Damage added. That damage deals damage to Undead only. Atm only the holy bolt will do holy damage. But in general I can add holy damage with items.
- I've added a calculation index for damage calculation types. It's now possible to define custom damage ranges.
For example: default attacks are linear. That means that 1 to 4 damage will cause 1, 2, 3 or 4 damage with equal chances to be dealt.
A fireball has another pattern: the fireball's damage is:
Rec(slvl, 2*(R(10)+R(10)+clvl)+4)

with the definitions:
Rec(a,b) = (b*9)/8 for 'a+1' times
R(x) = Random value from 0 to x-1

The approximate damage [Rec(.,.) rounds down, so this value is higher than the real value] would be:
(22 + 2* clvl) * (9/8)^(slvl+1)

Atm I will use the Diablo - The Hell mod - damage formulas as far as I can get them out of the changelog. For the rest, the original formulas are used.
I will balance the spells further later on.

I also can iterate over a formula. The flash spell makes use of that. Here is a part of the formula where it is used:
itt( (clvl+1), R(40)+1)
The definition of the itt(. , .) is:
itt( a, f(x) ) = 'a' times calculate 'f(x)' and add to a sum
So clvl=1 would be result in: R(40)+1 + R(40)+1
clvl=2 would add a R(40)+1 to the result of clvl=1

IN SHORT:
This system allows me to create different damage probabilities. if you would graph the probabilities you would get graphs like a bell (rarely high or low damage, mostly the average damage). Default attacks would be a flat line because the probability is equal.
So don't freak out, if you see absurd damage values of some spells because they won't happen very often...

edit:
- tooltips show now all information of the skills

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 28 2011, 8:34 pm by Ahli.

Mar 29 2011, 11:43 am Ahli Post #170

I've a problem with some sounds and 1 doodad actor (bloodspits).
The bloodspits remain invisible and if I reveal the whole map, they appear... wth?

Also, how can I make sounds with triggers that are only heared by units around? I noticed that because I can hear the cows with revealed map everywhere...
The sounds had the type world which changes how they can be heared.
Need to tinker with different types to find one that I want (sounds should get quieter over distance and shouldn't only be heared in the range of 1 screen).
:crazy:

edit:
Custom sound rollloff settings aren't pleasant enough. I just use combat for that. But now the inventory sounds are not that loud anymore :S
Setting the combat volume reduction to 0 didn't improve it. As everything was on WORLD or other sound category, it was best. :S
so new job for audacity... good that I didn't compress the item .ogg files, yet.

edit:
- Fixed the blood on the ground. I'm using units now because I don't understand actors anymore.
- Area name + map version are drawn below the minimap.

edit:
- made the hero and the monsters smaller. They have a radius of 0.375 now from 0.5. That makes it harder to block monsters.
- made vitality and magic stats increase raise hp and mp properly
- Unequipping and re-equipping items that have an influence on your life or mana might take away a small amount of life/mana because the percentage before and after is going to be reapplied.
This is the function causing that:
calc max HP; save curHP%; if calcMaxHP == curMaxHP -> end; else -> set curMaxHP = calcMaxHP; set curHP% = SavedCurHP%;

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Mar 29 2011, 8:50 pm by Ahli.

Mar 30 2011, 3:04 pm Ahli Post #171

news:
- Added last missing units for the dungeon in cathedral levels (Hidden, Goat Man, Goat Man Archer)
- Closing a trade window will quit the talk window, too (as you requested)
- Hiddens will be cloaked until they are in range of 2 with an enemy (sadly, that will go through walls :( )
- Own getting hit sounds and death sounds will be louder than the sounds from your teammate next to you

Mar 30 2011, 4:45 pm payne Post #172

/breaks quadruple-post-combo. :awesome:

As soon as you can send me a new version, please do so. :)
Also, have you fixed that AI that made it so that whenever we enter a new stair-level, there are just 1000 monsters rushing at us?

None.

Mar 30 2011, 6:29 pm Ahli Post #173

Quote from payne
As soon as you can send me a new version, please do so. :)
Also, have you fixed that AI that made it so that whenever we enter a new stair-level, there are just 1000 monsters rushing at us?
I will be able to send one in approximate 24 hours. But I might keep working on sound files or some other stuff because I try to polish the first 4 levels for maybe a beta version release someday.

@rushing monsters
The source of that problem is the weapon aquiring range. So the range within monsters notice and attack enemies.

If I decrease the range, monsters won't chase you unless you walk directly past them (or you attack them with arrows/spells)...
So I would have to trigger each unit.

I would have to trigger the complete sight stuff or I would have to try to avoid monsters running longer distances to chaise you.

BUT since respawning monsters is in my TODO list, I will be able to lower the monster population in a dungeon level.
Atm 80 monsters are spawned within a dungeon level at start. If I lower the initial spawnrate, less monsters will see you and the invading force will be smaller.

And if the monsters that provided the vision die, other monsters will stop chasing you and return to their original position.
So I guess lowering the initial monster count will solve the biggest problems with it.

In the long run I might trigger the units completly. Atm only the archers are triggered.
You can tell me how you like their behavior, if you test it.

OK, I will do a testrun how far I can come without problems as a warrior atm. That means that I run back during the first 2 levels and sell everything that has a bit of worth (no clubs, no rags).
I'm aware of a problem with the second dungeon level that can be super hard if multiple strong enemies are chosen (if their hp is around 20, they are pretty strong)...
Also, using the right weapon as warrior at start can make your live easier.
I will edit this post with some results.
As I'm writing this I've played a bit and I've cleared level 2 as a warrior without problems. But multiplayer might be harder because you get less money and less xp because the monsters are limited atm.

edit:
I've cleared all 4 levels after approximate 1 hour.

^ That's my character afterwards.
I've wished that I would have created town portal scrolls already and a movement speed bonus in Tristram ;D

Quote from Ogden the Tavern Owner
You can cut the flesh, but you must crush the bone.

I will test an axe warrior and rogue, too.

edit:
Axe Warrior
-had a small problem after entering level 2 as seen:

took me 8 small potions to kill all. But I've gained 1 complete level during 75 seconds.

It was pretty much possible to clear level 4 without dieing. You have to remember that you get hit more often because you block less attacks.
Because I've made shields very "strong" in the game, I think I should buff axes somehow, too. Shields block way more attacks than they used to block in the original.

so, time for rogue ;D

edit:

I died 3 times. First death was just because I was stupid and thought I could kill that one monster before going back to town. :D
Stairs are dangerous for a rogue because your hero gets more stunned, if the player has lower max health points.
But if all monsters come from range you just own them.
So I say it's ok because rogue was way the easiest char in the original D1 and keep in mind that this game will be played with 4 guys mostly.
That's how I need to balance it and rogues should have problems vs strong hitting melee monsters (like bosses).

edit:
but that the rogue owns enemys at distance is because I didn't add the distance's CtH reduction. So you hit far enemies less.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Mar 30 2011, 9:38 pm by Ahli.

Mar 31 2011, 11:33 pm Sixen Post #174

This looks sick. Going to shoot you a PM.

None.

Mar 31 2011, 11:48 pm NicholasBeige Post #175

Yo Ahli, I've left my main computer to download Starcraft 2 over night, so I should be available for a test tomorrow :)

I'm afraid you might have to wait a few weeks for the missing wall pieces though!

@rushing monsters
The source of that problem is the weapon aquiring range. So the range within monsters notice and attack enemies.

Couldn't you give an aura-like ability to the staircase object that applies a buff which decreases the 'Scan' and 'Acquire' radii on enemy mobs? That should work I imagine, and should be fair. Like, if a rogue attacks a mob, the mob should still react to the damage-event? But if the Rogue simply appears at the staircase, nearby mobs shouldn't rush to attack him because they will have their scan and acquire ranges reduced by the aura.

Any further news on the dungeon randomisation / ways to alter the script to create more unique levels? Like we discussed a while ago, corridors, open plan rooms, doors etc?

Progress looks good though :)

None.

Apr 1 2011, 12:42 am Ahli Post #176

Quote from name:Cardinal
Yo Ahli, I've left my main computer to download Starcraft 2 over night, so I should be available for a test tomorrow :)

I'm afraid you might have to wait a few weeks for the missing wall pieces though!

@rushing monsters

Couldn't you give an aura-like ability to the staircase object that applies a buff which decreases the 'Scan' and 'Acquire' radii on enemy mobs? That should work I imagine, and should be fair. Like, if a rogue attacks a mob, the mob should still react to the damage-event? But if the Rogue simply appears at the staircase, nearby mobs shouldn't rush to attack him because they will have their scan and acquire ranges reduced by the aura.

Any further news on the dungeon randomisation / ways to alter the script to create more unique levels? Like we discussed a while ago, corridors, open plan rooms, doors etc?

Progress looks good though :)
@testing
wonderful :) I guess you will lag like hell because of the mouse move events :lol:

@staircase buff
I'll consider that after modifying the initial monster count, adding respawns and forbidding monster set overkills.
Example:
In dungeon level 2 there can spawn 4 out of 20 monsters (different name = different monster; they can still have the same... uhm... "class" like Zombie. A ghoul is a Zombie and a Zombie is a Zombie...).
Anyway...
average, average HP of a monster: 6,5 - 12,3
difficultiest case average HP of a monster: 13,75 - 24,25
easiest case average HP of a monster: 1,75 - 4,25

That's why dungeon level 2 super difficult sometimes. The most difficult set has an average HP that is higher than the average, average HP of dlvl 3. That's why I need to forbid some sets of create 3 groups and force that 1 monster per group has to be spawned (easy, medium, hard, random).

@dungeon randomization
Only dead bodys on ground as another chest class (drops differently) and random blood on the ground within the dungeon.

Quote from Sixen
This looks sick. Going to shoot you a PM.
I've shot back.

edit:
Oh and if someone is interested how big my files are. I'm @ 15.3 of 52.4mb.
Game music is 1 mod file with 6.09mb. It contains all 6 tracks of the game.
Already imported are:
Complete monster quest talk, townsfolk greetings, gossip speech are inside, multiple spell sounds, all item sounds and graphics.
Big stuff missing:
townsfolk quest talk and monster sounds as far as I add them.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 1 2011, 12:37 pm by Ahli. Reason: ugly typo

Apr 1 2011, 5:05 pm Ahli Post #177

known problems:
- Leech doesn't work on bows (should I forbid that or should I implement it? Anyway, I like the idea of having a sorcerer with a bow instead of random one hand weapon + shield)

news:
- There will be at least 1 weak monster, 1 medium monster and 1 strong monster type in a dungeon (+ a random type). That should avoid total overkills. The strength is determined by its level which also has big influences in combat and xp.
- I'm slowly working on a scroll of town portal.

Apr 1 2011, 5:19 pm NicholasBeige Post #178

Quote from Ahli
known problems:
- Leech doesn't work on bows (should I forbid that or should I implement it? Anyway, I like the idea of having a sorcerer with a bow instead of random one hand weapon + shield)

Implement more Diablo 2 stuff.

Warriors can use spears, axes, hammers, mauls, swords, etc..
Rogues can use bows, crossbows, daggers (punch-daggers, javelins, claws from D2)
Sorcerers can use staffs.. (wands and orbs - both from D2)

None.

Apr 1 2011, 7:05 pm payne Post #179

You still haven't done the TPs?! D:
It was what mostly kept all players from testing the game for a good amount of time. I guess I'll wait until you have completed them before uploading the newest version. :)

None.

Apr 1 2011, 7:12 pm Ahli Post #180

Quote from payne
You still haven't done the TPs?! D:
It was what mostly kept all players from testing the game for a good amount of time. I guess I'll wait until you have completed them before uploading the newest version. :)
I've added a few spells. But they already have some more realistic stats than 1 mana cost per spell.
So basically the Sorcerer is the only person who can actually cast it whenever he wants in that version or a Rogue that spends some points in Magic to get 35 mana points.

Usable spells so far:
- Firebolt
- Fireball
- Charged Bolt
- Lightning
- Town Portal
- Flame Wave
- Fire Wall
- Teleport

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1154 >
  Back to forum