Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 3354 >

Jun 19 2012, 11:26 pm mrdorkus Post #601

Is the only way to play the catacombs update is to play it on the sc2 public test? I don't know what the arcade feature you're talking about is, I don't see that feature in multiplayer.

None.

Jun 19 2012, 11:40 pm Ahli Post #602

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
Is the only way to play the catacombs update is to play it on the sc2 public test? I don't know what the arcade feature you're talking about is, I don't see that feature in multiplayer.
Go into your Blizzard Account and have a look there.
It's a stand alone client which connects to a beta server where the whole world can connect onto (theoretically). It's separated of the actual game.
Also, you get the chance to win a Heart of the Swarm beta key by reviewing arcade maps in the arcades.

As long as Patch 1.5 isn't released, there won't be a new version on the US and EU realm.

Jun 21 2012, 3:12 am elven39 Post #603

How much more time do you think it will take before the cave will be open. Thanks for the game it is very good keep it up!!!!!!!

None.

Jun 27 2012, 11:12 pm TVerres Post #604

Quote from Ahli
Also, you get the chance to win a Heart of the Swarm beta key by reviewing arcade maps in the arcades.

Actually, if I read correctly that ended on the 15th. Luckily I had made at least 1 review so I'm still eligible. Even if that means my odds are extremely slim.

I had just checked my beta to see if my purple coloring bug is still around and it is. Oddly enough, it's not present in the non-beta version of your game. I don't know what's new texture-wise, but apparently my card doesn't like it. I'll look into a new driver, but I find it odd that it applies to beta only. I haven't seen any other maps on beta with this issue. I'll download the driver this week.

None.

Jun 27 2012, 11:37 pm DevliN Post #605

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The beta key giveaway is still going on as far as I can tell.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 28 2012, 12:04 am TVerres Post #606

Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes shall commence on May 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”), and end on June 12, 20120 at 11:59 PM PT (“Sweepstakes Period”).
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/contests/arcade-mod/rules.html

Sorry, it ended the 12th.. Of 20120. If they leave this as-is, then technically this contest is still going. This is their official statement/contract and details. If someone was to argue this and get a lawyer on the case they would win. However, the point is moot as nobody would do that, unless they have accumulated as much as they possibly could before it was fixed or before they report it and demand their entries. That would be nuts though.

None.

Jun 28 2012, 12:14 am DevliN Post #607

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Sorry,
We’re following up on our first exceedingly popular 1.5 Arcade “Rate the Game” contest, by saying thanks and holding a second one, giving everyone a second chance at an invite to the Heart of the Swarm beta. The contest remains the same; grab the 1.5 Arcade beta, rate and review a game, and you’ll have an extra chance each day at receiving a Heart of the Swarm beta invite. This time we’re increasing your chances, and offering 500 keys to lucky participants.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6504557/Rate_the_Game_StarCraft_II_Sweepstakes-6_22_2012

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 2 2012, 4:29 am TVerres Post #608

Must have missed that. Does that mean I can make a second entry reviewing a game I've already reviewed? Technically it's a second contest therefore the previous entries shouldn't count towards this unless otherwise stated or something.

I honestly don't have time nowadays, I'd love to get a key for HotS, but work calls and it's kind of killing me.

In recent news related to the thread, I had in fact went back to the pre-beta SC2 and tested that map out. I have no visual glitches, so it must either be the beta or the version. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to updating my driver yet but I will when I have time. I don't know if the driver needs updating, but I've found that just updating everything I have does tend to solve some of problems that I run across. Not all of them, mind you.

Right now, I have to illegally transport some... Colorful and sometimes loud pieces of mixed powder contained in shapes of rockets and other things for some sort of festivities that's apparently going on. Supposedly it's related to the United States or something. I dunno.

None.

Jul 14 2012, 9:38 pm Ahli Post #609

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I wanted to let you know that I didn't work much on the map during the last month. Today I made some small changes that will be inside my next update like fixing the disappearing mouse cursor after clicking on the map without moving the mouse. The other change I made is that hits on monsters will make them be tinted very bright for a very short moment which is comparable to what is used in D3 (in D3 hit monsters turn completely white for a short time on hit).

The bigger change I just finished to conceptualize is a big change in the inventory UI. Basically I will redo it completely to add more functionality (possibility for sockets, possibility for buttons to use crafting items on items and to hopefully make the inventory more responsive.

One problem of the current responsiveness is that the whole inventory dialog is rebuild with every change/click right now. So user input is only successfully accepted, if the dialog already changed. With bnet's delay that can be a long time.
To improve the situation the new inventory will not destroy the stuff it contains. Instead it will change its looks only. So it might be possible to click 2 buttons rapidly to move an item around in the inventory before/during the inventory UI change. Basically this is used in the stat point spending buttons in the character window. You can click them rapidly instead of accepting only 1 click every second.
This change won't raise the required memory much as I will make the system work with only dialog window for all players instead of 1 per player as used before.

In addition to the responsiveness I will add new functionality support to that window to allow me to easily add more stuff in the game which can be used on items.

The new items that will come with the next update are crafting items. These items can be used to improve items permanently like raising the max Durability or adding min or max Damage to the item. This will allow the player to build up the strongest items possible, if they invest a lot of time finding these crafting items.
Atm I have approx 20 crafting items planned while more than half of these are different tiers of items effecting one aspect of an item.

For example there is "Dirty Oil of Death" which will be able to add additional max damage to the item of 25% of its default max damage. The more rare tier is the "Oil of Death" can raise the additional damage up to 50%, etc. The cap is 100% for now.
Atm, shrines can already raise the crafted damage on weapons, so parts of the system I have in mind are already existing in the map.

Highest damage item without crafting would be a perfect roll of a rare Great Axe (12-30 damage) with prefixes: +175% damage, +2-20 lightning damage and suffixes: +20 damage, +1-20 lightning damage. That is (physical: 53-102 damage, lightning: 3-40 damage). Now that value could be raised to (physical: 204-204, lightning: 3-40) via crafting. Crafting only effects an item's physical damage.

Other items can add missing affixes to magic/rare items, make rare items out of white/blue ones or re roll the affixes on an item. Basically I have to credit Path of Exile by Grinding Gear Games for that system. I think it is really great.

In addition to that I will add support for sockets to the inventory. So chances are at 99% that I will add gems to the game.

I'm already excited to see that stuff possible in my game. :)

I guess I will change the CtH and armor sytem of the game in near future, too. I will change it to something that is more like D2 to allow a bigger variety of CtH values and armor values. In D1 those values were subtracted from each other and that was basically the hit percentage chance you had. So 50 more CtH raised your actual chance to hit from e.g. 40 to 90.

I might even multiply every damage, AC, life & mana value in the game with some multiplier to receive a bigger variety in the possible numbers and steps per item tier. In D1 the difference for a base item from Short Sword to Bastard Sword is only 4-9 damage which is pretty small.

edit:
I thought of a system that is can be a perfect anti lag. But it requires the coordinates of a dialog item click of the dialog to work.
Quote from Ahli in EU Blizzard forums
Imagine a dialog like the diablo 2 inventory. If you click on an item in the inventory it is picked up. If you click on some field, it is placed there. You have 2 commands there with different buttons for each purpose.
If there is no delay the commands can be executed properly and the second click will be triggered on a placing field. So the item is moved.

Now if there is a delay, the second click will hit the picking up button, too. So clicking twice on 2 different spots on an item wouldn't move it because the second click won't have any effect as it hits the wrong target button because the field buttons weren't activated between the first and the second click due to the delay.
If you know the coordinates where you clicked, you can translate the wrong button click (picking up command) to a placing command. This would allow it to place the item on the correct spot.

Basically you create some sort of imaginative buttons, if a wrong command is triggered and hit one of those instead, if there is one on that spot.

This would make it possible to create dialogs with dynamic layouts that react properly on every click regardless of its state during the click.
An experienced, fast user can make some fast clicks on the correct spots which would lead his desired results. At the moment the user has to wait for the dialog to update its layout (show/activate/create buttons) before the second command can be send.

The UI can feel more responsive with that as the user can do its input faster without problems.

I think it would be a good addition because it has the potential to reduce the lag in the dialog responsiveness feel. So the only lag that would be noticeable would be the one for the first click and all UI updates. But you could actually do all necessary clicks without having the UI react to the first click.
In my map you would click twice to move an item. Because you got an idea where the buttons should be (visual grid in the dialog's background), you can execute it that fast. Atm, you need to wait approx half a second before the UI has been updated and is ready to receive the next button clicks.

Partially that is possible right now. I'm going to test it. But it has a undetectable area on the right side of the screen (max is offset of 1599 pixels). It would work, if I place the inventory on the left side because the mouseUI coordinates are only known with the top left anchor as its base and the mouse move event delivers the UI position based on that anchor. Because we have no real clue of the resolution of the screen, we can't translate that offset to other anchors, afaIk. There is a method, but it isn't a good solution and the undetectable area remains. :S

edit:

news:
-21 Crafting items implemented & can be dropped.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 24 2012, 9:28 pm by Ahli.

Jul 26 2012, 7:11 pm Ahli Post #610

^ This is a crafting item.

^ The green stars are drawn onto items that the crafting item can be applied onto. Click on the star to use it.

^ The effects appear immediately. Also, you can see the "new" inventory window.

Jul 29 2012, 7:35 am moddiddle Post #611

cool concept..it's kind of like a varied version of the identify in D1:p

None.

Jul 29 2012, 11:53 am Ahli Post #612

Quote from moddiddle
cool concept..it's kind of like a varied version of the identify in D1:p
The crafting idea is basically copied from Path of Exile. They had that great idea to be able to modify the magic on items.
The damage and durability changes were used in Hellfire, too. So the core idea of altering item stats with some items might came from there.

The solution with the star buttons is a nice concept to make it possible to use these items I think.
I still hope that I could detect right click on buttons one day. :(

edit:

I can't update the map for 1.5. Blizzard has a problem in their service (can't retrieve map info).

edit:
Because I can't update, I managed to somehow to solve a team 04 mod core file missing error which allowed me to publish the map with a new name.

I will update EU tomorrow and hopefully update NA's original version.

I'm aware that there are errors appearing in a box. I will solve these. They aren't game breaking (and atm I have no real clue why they appear).

edit:
Updated map to version 0.286 on NA.
Updated map to version 0.286 on EU.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 1 2012, 11:33 am by Ahli.

Aug 5 2012, 9:42 pm TheLynx Post #613

First of all, I'd like to thank you for undertaking this amazing project on SC2 sir. I was a big fan of the original Diablo, and to see this project you're working on now, is nothing short of astonishing to me. I especially like this new crafting system you've added as it allows me to actually customize my weapon (maybe being able to pick its name if its yellow could be a much later addition). I'm a sentimental sod like that.

However, I have no idea how you would like bugs posted or where, so I'll just drop it here because while a bug, its also nothing short of hilarious. (it specifically involves the crafting system in question).

My rogue was exploring the dungeon when i came across a yellow scimitar called "Empyrion Skewer" (unsure if the name is relevant). Its affixes were terrible, something like -75% damage, -15 hit, and maybe +3 to some stat i cant remember (this isnt important, what comes next is). I just happened to have one of your yellow stones of scrambling in my inventory, so i decided "Why the hell not, maybe i can manage to sell this thing for something". What was created is a weapon that should probably not exist.

Emperions Skewer went from being the above to being "+12022 Mana, -4 Magic"......Yes, thats right.....the sword now gives 12 THOUSAND mana to its wielder....

Needless to say, this should probably not have happened. I have no idea if i acccidentally did something to trigger this, but if i did i dont remember. Hopefully this will help

None.

Aug 5 2012, 11:08 pm Ahli Post #614

Quote from TheLynx
First of all, I'd like to thank you for undertaking this amazing project on SC2 sir. I was a big fan of the original Diablo, and to see this project you're working on now, is nothing short of astonishing to me. I especially like this new crafting system you've added as it allows me to actually customize my weapon (maybe being able to pick its name if its yellow could be a much later addition). I'm a sentimental sod like that.

However, I have no idea how you would like bugs posted or where, so I'll just drop it here because while a bug, its also nothing short of hilarious. (it specifically involves the crafting system in question).

My rogue was exploring the dungeon when i came across a yellow scimitar called "Empyrion Skewer" (unsure if the name is relevant). Its affixes were terrible, something like -75% damage, -15 hit, and maybe +3 to some stat i cant remember (this isnt important, what comes next is). I just happened to have one of your yellow stones of scrambling in my inventory, so i decided "Why the hell not, maybe i can manage to sell this thing for something". What was created is a weapon that should probably not exist.

Emperions Skewer went from being the above to being "+12022 Mana, -4 Magic"......Yes, thats right.....the sword now gives 12 THOUSAND mana to its wielder....

Needless to say, this should probably not have happened. I have no idea if i acccidentally did something to trigger this, but if i did i dont remember. Hopefully this will help
I got a report of these bugs a few hours earlier. I'm currently fixing it.

I will check every item in your bank file and re-roll it in case that it isn't a valid magic item. While re-rolling I will force it to be non-cursed and give it a bonus above the char level or the stash.
It's not intended for an item to give you that high amount of mana.

I only need to enforce the max values of each prefix/suffix now, if the combination of magic was ok.
So a few items will become as weak as intended (but with its max valid value. Other items change completely.
If you didn't add/re-roll the magic on an item via crafting, that item shouldn't change. I'm enforcing a valid durability value, too. I think that was possible, too.

So I won't wipe everything. :D I will try to avoid that.

Aug 6 2012, 1:08 am TheLynx Post #615

The Item in question is on my sorceror now. It was fun to mess around with but kinda kills the challenge. Id ask you not mess with the other items if possible,
since i got some lucky rolls with the other stones i used.

None.

Aug 6 2012, 2:11 am Ahli Post #616

Quote from TheLynx
The Item in question is on my sorceror now. It was fun to mess around with but kinda kills the challenge. Id ask you not mess with the other items if possible,
since i got some lucky rolls with the other stones i used.
I mess with every item which isn't following my item creation rules which my item crafting code bypassed. So if every item of you has 3 or more effects, there are very low chances that it will change.

news:
- Fixed bugs within the crafting functions. It created some invalid items I need to clean up. You receive a reroll with uncursed affixes for that item.
- Added a town portal model made out of sc2's assets.

Updated map to version 0.287 on NA.
Updated map to version 0.287 on EU.

Aug 7 2012, 10:16 am asdxdd Post #617

You can gamble low level items for profit. :bleh:

Really impressive map. I wish to get new content soon.

edit: Btw if you never run out of content ideas you could even add diablo 2 and 3 acts and space marine secret map of course where you fight against starcraft units :D

None.

Aug 7 2012, 12:31 pm Ahli Post #618

Quote from asdxdd
You can gamble low level items for profit. :bleh:

Really impressive map. I wish to get new content soon.

edit: Btw if you never run out of content ideas you could even add diablo 2 and 3 acts and space marine secret map of course where you fight against starcraft units :D
Which items? What's the character level?

Aug 7 2012, 1:16 pm asdxdd Post #619

My friend was 16 and me 19lvl worked both of us.
club, mace, spiked club, dagger, small axe, buckler, small shield, rags, cape,cloak, cap, skull cap, helm, full helm, short staff, long staff, short bow.
They cost really low but you get good stats so it increases the price.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 10:50 pm Ahli Post #620

[quoteBlizz-Deletarius]it's a very impressive map :)[/quote]
:D

Options
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 3354 >
  Back to forum