Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 27 28 29 30 3154 >

Apr 15 2012, 10:25 am moddiddle Post #561

Quote from Ahli
news:
- Added catacombs entrance in Tristram. It will only appear usable for the player, if it has been activated before via returning to Tristram via these stairs in a game.
- added barrels for catacombs. They can explode, too. :D
So is catacombs only on EU?

None.

Apr 15 2012, 2:24 pm Ahli Post #562

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I update the map on battle.net when I write update.
If I add catacombs it will be v.0.27 in the map details. If I add it without catacombs, it will be v.0.263.

Atm, I'm the only one who can play catacombs. :D
The news I write is the state of my progress and not what was added to the map on battle.net.
I will write a big orange update message whenever I update.
When I update, I will update both EU and US at the same time.

news:
- added a new room design for cathedral

edit:
I did some tests because I noticed that I came close to what was rumored to be a limit in triggers: uncompressed script file with size of 2mb...
That was the reason DarkRevenant stopped his Mafia map development, but I'm actually not hitting it where he hit it...
I had 2038kb size atm.

I'm testing it locally only, but I don't think it is only applied while being on battle.net. That wouldn't make much sense from my point of view.

So I copied large functions again and again (extremely time consuming with the slow GUI trigger editor... it just processes stuff for minutes).

I tested with 3061 kb (I'm checking the uncompressed size of the "Mapscript.galaxy" file with WinMPQ) and my map seems to run fine (the last trigger in my code executes properly).
Having much more will result in an editor error message about the script being to long.

As my conclusion I can state that I've 1mb of script left which is 50% of my current work.
Might be enough for now. :D

news:
- added higher resolution versions of most textures
- gargoyle ability finished :)
- changed color of some sc2 graphics... tooltips look great now
- added a few new custom graphics in UI

^ more custom UI stuff

- added code to fix the morphing of doodads with variations
- improved monster AI. Now the half dungeon won't go berserk through the whole dungeon because you are fighting 2 monters next to a wall in the middle of the dungeon. Now it will be more like that the ones that could really see you would go and attack you.
- raised monster count on the dungeon level by 20. So now more spawn at start and the population keeps higher. The max respawn is reduced, so the total monster amount before they only respawn to keep 8 monsters alive per dungeon is the same.
- added foliage to terrain

edit:
I just tested the map on battle.net with 2 players in a private game. In general it seems fine. There are just a few bugs I need to iron out which I didn't expect to exist before. Some of them I can't even explain. :D
The new camera zoom is working and feels good.
The durability loss chance will be lowered. Items need repairs way to often.
Catacombs aren't finished, yet. So be patient. :)

Post has been edited 13 time(s), last time on May 3 2012, 12:46 am by Ahli.

May 3 2012, 1:41 am mrdorkus Post #563

Catacombs patch release before 15th? :D

None.

May 3 2012, 12:32 pm Ahli Post #564

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
Catacombs patch release before 15th? :D
I have to finish an assignment till 15th. So that would be very unlikely.

news:
- Durability loss of items is decreased by 10/20/30% per additional player because monsters have more health and therefore attack you much more often.
- Xp per monster is raised by 57.5/131.5/179.51 %. Health remains by 50/100/150 %.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 7 2012, 11:31 pm by Ahli.

May 9 2012, 7:20 pm payne Post #565

:payne:

Looking like you're still doing an extremely good work. Keep up!

None.

May 12 2012, 9:06 am TVerres Post #566

Gah, it's been too long since I've been here. My laptop's fan died out on me a while ago and I haven't had the ability to have it fixed. Finally got it working again and now I'm back in business. I'm happy to see all the changes so far! I can't wait to see this come out with the Catacombs and stuff. Honestly, I won't be as engrossed in D3 as many people will be since I have other things to do and I like to pace myself.

I'm one of the people who play a game for a while and forget to play it again so about half a year passes and I remember that I actually own the game still and start playing again. That's probably what's going to happen with D3 here, seeing as that's what happened to SC2 already. I don't play the campaign but I go online for the UMS maps. xD

I'm juggling between Minecraft (soon to be the Xbox version as well), Second Life, SC2, Borderlands, Dead Island, and soon to be D3. I'm already falling behind on my Phantasy Star Universe as well as my Batman Arkham Asylum, so yeah. I also have lagged a bit on this, but that was more due to technical difficulties. I'll have to get on this on Sunday cause I'm shopping with a friend tomorrow.

Also: a not to add (and a possible shameless plug)- A friend and myself are going to start a Youtube account dedicated to the two of us playing games online together. High amounts of rage and yelling will be included as well as possibly some really lame comments and/or puns based on the current situation. If he has SC2, I'll have him download this map and we can do a Let's Play series on this. I'd love to make it happen, but the only thing stopping us (or more rather him) is the lack of a mouse... And a name for the Youtube account. I'm stuck. If you have any ideas, feel free to throw them at me in a PM. We're just two guys, that's all.

None.

May 14 2012, 5:37 pm Ahli Post #567

more than 20k hits :)

news:
- made map patch 1.5 compatible
- made lighting darker, world tooltips have their default brightness again.

edit:
I'm now officially in the arcades beta now. :)
I will upload a test version of my map with alpha catacombs.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 15 2012, 11:55 pm by Ahli.

May 25 2012, 8:23 am TVerres Post #568

Outstanding! That's great news to hear. I can't wait to try it out. I am actually not all into D3 right now so I'm just going to let SC2 do it's thing while the servers die down a bit.

I'm sad to see only 12 hours (Page 6) on the list, but I shall fix this. I'm not sure, but does it add the time from every person or every game playing? I can see the time spiking upwards if it had 4 people playing 12 hours up to 60, but I dunno if that's how it works. Meh, too lazy to do research. ;-)

EDIT: Apparently I didn't know what the arcade thing was. Blech. Invite only? Not if I can help it.

EDIT 2: Found a leaked download link for the setup. Running it now, I really wanna see how this beta patch will work, especially with the new rating system.
One thing is for sure: People who hate how a map is made or something to that extent will rate it low and never come back. Honestly, from what I read, the rating system is a bit better, but there's just the fact that you can't really expect humans to work one way.

Here's to some good luck on your high ratings!

Edit 3: Aw nutbunnies. Looks like the server is down for whatever reason. I really wanted to see the new features at work and monkey around a bit with the editor. (Not that I have a single clue what I'm doing besides any SC1 editing which was extremely easy to do)

Edit 4: Gee, what bad timing I have to have found this all out. Guess the alpha was closed on the 24th.. Darn it. Oh well, gonna make sure I keep an eye out for the beta release then.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on May 26 2012, 8:53 am by TVerres.

None.

May 27 2012, 10:11 pm payne Post #569

:payne:

How's the popularity of your map going?
And you should think about fixing that "Ahli @ staredit.net" text. It's been half-hidden for quite a few versions! :P

None.

May 28 2012, 8:57 pm TVerres Post #570

I, too, have been curious how popular it was on the arcade. I hope for 3-5 stars worth, but considering how long it was on pages 5-6 previously I don't know if people even know it existed on there. Dunno how the arcade was set up so I'm not entirely sure about that point.

Still looking forward to trying it out on the open beta though. Screenies are one thing but to see the game is completely different. The alpha said there would be some sort of minimap support thing going on, do you plan to use that in your game?

Speaking of the alpha.. With 4-10x the memory for mapmaking you should be all set now right? I know that DarkRevnantX is going to be working on the Mafia map again with the space, and I can't even think what you might be able to do with that much more room. Plus, with channels for the arcade games, we might be able to set up games much more easily and stuff. Looking forward to being there and meeting you all in-game and in the channel!

None.

May 29 2012, 11:18 am Ahli Post #571

Quote from TVerres
I, too, have been curious how popular it was on the arcade. I hope for 3-5 stars worth, but considering how long it was on pages 5-6 previously I don't know if people even know it existed on there. Dunno how the arcade was set up so I'm not entirely sure about that point.

Still looking forward to trying it out on the open beta though. Screenies are one thing but to see the game is completely different. The alpha said there would be some sort of minimap support thing going on, do you plan to use that in your game?

Speaking of the alpha.. With 4-10x the memory for mapmaking you should be all set now right? I know that DarkRevnantX is going to be working on the Mafia map again with the space, and I can't even think what you might be able to do with that much more room. Plus, with channels for the arcade games, we might be able to set up games much more easily and stuff. Looking forward to being there and meeting you all in-game and in the channel!
One of the few problems left is the bank limit. It will become more visible then because it might be more likely to play with other players from the chat channel.

May 30 2012, 4:35 pm TVerres Post #572

Quote from Ahli
One of the few problems left is the bank limit. It will become more visible then because it might be more likely to play with other players from the chat channel.

You know, I think I read you stating that but I don't know exactly what that is. I'll have to look that up, as I thought bank limit and max memory were the same.

Yeah, I'm looking to see this as one of the more popular games on SC2 Arcade. Here's to hoping!

Also, will the old save/bank files still be used in the new update? I'm not sure how things will work when we change over to 1.5 beta and whatnot. Plus, I'm not entirely sure if the new editor has saves set up differently or not. I'm not a mapmaker so I'm not 100% sure on anything.

None.

May 30 2012, 6:17 pm Ahli Post #573

Quote from TVerres
Quote from Ahli

You know, I think I read you stating that but I don't know exactly what that is. I'll have to look that up, as I thought bank limit and max memory were the same.

Yeah, I'm looking to see this as one of the more popular games on SC2 Arcade. Here's to hoping!

Also, will the old save/bank files still be used in the new update? I'm not sure how things will work when we change over to 1.5 beta and whatnot. Plus, I'm not entirely sure if the new editor has saves set up differently or not. I'm not a mapmaker so I'm not 100% sure on anything.
The old bank files stays. I've made no changes to the values taken from bank, so there is nothing I need to "repair" for the next version.

The bank limit is the size of memory that every player can safely upload to the other players before the bank cache is corrupted (which makes the banks not signed successfully anymore).
The limit that has been raised is the script limit which contains the code for the map and the variables saved in the code. I had 1mb available before the patch because I didn't use a computer AI. After that patch the amount has been raised. I didn't test how much I have available now, but it should be a lot more from what I've heard.

May 31 2012, 5:58 pm TVerres Post #574

Oh, that's good. I'd hate to lose the progress I've made already, however starting over again could be fun with new levels and/or quests.

So is that why sometimes people get a "corrupted save" error on games? Sometimes it takes a game restart or two, but it's nothing permanent. If it

Yeah, the limit says 4-10 times what you had previously depending on how you manage it, so says Blizzard. I suppose you could get 10x the amount if you optimized the code to perfection by hand like DarkRevenant did with Mafia (and yet he still maxed out. Blizzard's slacking in the generosity department). Hopefully you won't need all the room, but at least you have it all to use.

One would think that they would have the ability to give you much more room in every category. Taking a look at what they have in front of us, I'd say they have tons of room but are probably saving it all for patches and stuff I guess.

None.

Jun 2 2012, 2:53 am Ahli Post #575

news:
- Fixed dropped item's height.

Everyone can play the recent map version on the arcades beta server.

Apparently there is a bug which wants the user to load 700mb of data. The map & mod itself have 28-29 mb total.
If you have some info what is causing the download, I would appreciate it.

Jun 2 2012, 2:59 am Jack Post #576

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Could it be the new streaming thing?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 2 2012, 3:12 am Ahli Post #577

Quote from Jack
Could it be the new streaming thing?
Maybe that person didn't finish the SC2 download...

Jun 2 2012, 5:45 am TVerres Post #578

I'm getting a visual glitch where things turn bright purple (My rogue's hair and bow, many of the enemies, parts of the levels, etc.), and spikes of lag. Not sure if this is the beta or if it's just me. So far nobody has the patience to even stay for 5 minutes, due to the loading bug or not knowing how to play. It saddens me to be all alone. Again.

None.

Jun 2 2012, 9:31 am Ahli Post #579

Quote from TVerres
I'm getting a visual glitch where things turn bright purple (My rogue's hair and bow, many of the enemies, parts of the levels, etc.), and spikes of lag. Not sure if this is the beta or if it's just me. So far nobody has the patience to even stay for 5 minutes, due to the loading bug or not knowing how to play. It saddens me to be all alone. Again.
Loading bug?
The people just need to finish their SC2 download. :S

It's strange that things turn bright purple. I never had that. Does that happen multiple times?

edit:
news:
- "copy the working event again and change the values to the new one and deleting the old event" fixed some attack animations not playing. I can't understand the error in first place but... whatever...
- If people abort the download they won't get a new-player message after leaving the game anymore.
- Changed movement speed of units in cathedral level 1 to 60% and in level 2 to 80%. This should help new players to get used to the controls.

I can't attach actors to models that have no attachment points anymore. Before that worked with center. Origin doesn't follow the unit. So my spell's projectiles have no light, yet.
Also, the hero blood splat effects (in my case: damage impact effects) are drawn on a wrong spot. They appear on the unit's height and not on the height of the main actor.

I will update the map with these fixes in a few minutes.

edit:

news:
- Fixed a bug that didn't update the item requirements flag for a cursed item after picking it up.
- Hopefully fixed the quest markers now.
- Changed the periodic UI updating function. It should use less CPU load in multiplayer now.
- Optimized party UI on the screen to use less CPU load.
- Fixed problems with townsfolk not turning towards you and stopping to wander around.
- Changed all portraits to use the new 1.5 dialog portraits. This might fix their mysterious disappearing.
- Added facial expressions to the used portraits wherever possible.
- Added highlighted unit as a secondary target, if you aren't holding shift or the unit's selection box is to big. This makes targeting without shift easier and should still maintain the possibility to run away versus monsters with huge highlighting pane.

edit:
I just introduced some new bugs: instantly muted transmission sounds, monster health bar not updating on damage, param/value as tooltips, party area broken.
Fixing as I type.

I don't understand the muted transmission bug. It works perfectly offline. Online it is muted instantly (because cain's sound works for a short amount of time). I've used 2 different ways to start the transmission, that's why Gillian's sounds still work...

Post has been edited 8 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2012, 3:05 am by Ahli.

Jun 5 2012, 4:48 am Wing Zero Post #580

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

It looks like your map was featured by husky. I would post the link to it but I'm on my phone so yeah.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 27 28 29 30 3154 >
  Back to forum