Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: "Norm's" Mafia #4: Classic(ish)
"Norm's" Mafia #4: Classic(ish)
Oct 12 2010, 6:46 am
By: Leeroy_Jenkins
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 920 >

Oct 21 2010, 7:05 pm poison_us Post #121

Back* from the grave

Quote from Aristocrat
Someone is getting lynched anyways; abstaining does nothing to prevent the lynch. The expected returns from random lynching is sufficiently high that I am willing to risk it.
Let's see... currently 20% chance of lynching a mafia (4 mafia/20 total) SOMEONE didn't update the OP. Sorry, it's 21.05% chance of lynching a mafia. Abstaining forces a no lynch, which means that tomorrow it becomes at best 26.67%, as opposed to a mislynch, which is far more likely. I don't see why a townie would want to take such a big risk, as opposed to waiting for greater odds, but whatever.

Also, if you push for a lynch this early, it seems both stupid and suspicious to me, and since I know Aristo isn't that stupid, and neither is Devlin (although he doesn't always do what seems logical), it smells a little fishy. This round, I'm voting if and only if there would otherwise be a tie, because then both are lynched, IIRC.

Oct 21 2010, 7:21 pm Aristocrat Post #122

No lynch always benefits mafia. I don't see why it's difficult to understand that.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:10 pm CecilSunkure Post #123

Quote from poison_us
This round, I'm voting if and only if there would otherwise be a tie, because then both are lynched, IIRC.
Uhmm:
Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
6. If a tie happens, no parties are lynched.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:12 pm Neki Post #124

I'm just going to follow DevliN and vote Tempz. :lol:

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:14 pm CecilSunkure Post #125

What? No :(

The chances of hitting a mafia suck right now.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:14 pm DevliN Post #126

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The reason why I randomly chose someone is because this game wont be based on clues, and instead behavioral analysis. The problem with that so far is that half the people playing aren't even posting in the thread so there's nothing really to analyze, other than suspicions that they are mafia since they are being so quiet.

On top of that, since we don't have a vigilante, we can only kill Mafia by lynching. No matter what, with 5 Mafia alive, 5 of us will be hit at most and 3 will die at least. If they get lucky and kill 5 of us at Night, then we're down to 9 Townies against 5 Mafia (or 11 Townies against 5 Mafia if they kill 3). I figured it would be better to lynch someone and hope we get Mafia, rather than wait until we have much fewer numbers. Theoretically by day 3 (or 4, if you count the starting day), we'll be down to 8 Townies against 5 Mafia (if we don't lynch anyone) and it becomes a repeat of last game.

That is also assuming all 5 Mafia are are active.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 21 2010, 8:16 pm CecilSunkure Post #127

Everyone has two lives, so the mafia at 5 would only kill 2.5 people per night, alternating between 2 and 3 (unless the nurse saves someone).

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:18 pm Aristocrat Post #128

Norm is the one going "DON'T LYNCH ME" before anyone even voted for him and flipping out for no reason. Random.org actually gave me Cecil, but I decided to change it to Norm after I saw his post.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:20 pm CecilSunkure Post #129

Yeah, but Norm isn't stupid. If he was Mafia I don't think he would flip out over the no clues thing, he would have reacted differently. I think he was just vastly annoyed that you wanted to lynch him with him as a townie.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:28 pm Wing Zero Post #130

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

If you guys want a no lynch you gotta tie the vote, not abstain

Oct 21 2010, 8:32 pm Bar Refaeli Post #131

Haven't any of you played Epic Mafia? When we can random lynch w/o losing, then we RANDOM LYNCH WITHOUT LOSING. Would you rather let the MAFIA chose someone to die, or would you rather let the TOWN chose someone to die? Waiting until the last possible moment that we can lynch is UBER UBER UBER noob. If we wait till there are 7 mafias and 8 townies, that means we have to lynch the correct person 8 times in a row (with a 50-50 chance (or less) of miss lynching each time) The chances of us winning are about 0% if we do that.

So... RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM LYNCH

I vote Tempz

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:42 pm Neki Post #132

I change my vote to Norm.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:48 pm Norm Post #133

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Norm
Quote from Aristocrat
Random.org says Norm.

I vote Norm.

Idiot.

If you can't convince me reliably that you aren't mafia, I'm staying with my vote.

I am not mafia because 5 people who are not me - including yourself - are mafia.
Therefore, I change my vote from Abstain -----> Aristocrat

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:49 pm CecilSunkure Post #134

I change my vote to ARISTOCRAT from ABSTAIN.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:52 pm Dem0n Post #135

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Fuck abstaining.

I vote for Wing Zero. :awesome:

Oct 21 2010, 8:53 pm CecilSunkure Post #136

Quote from Wing Zero
I vote for Azrael.Wrath
He was killed by Mafia.

And one more thing - there are only 4 Mafia, as the OP states.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:53 pm Wing Zero Post #137

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Fuck abstaining.

I vote for Wing Zero. :awesome:
:awesome:

Oct 21 2010, 8:57 pm DevliN Post #138

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I didn't realize we had 2 night lives, so forget what I said earlier.

I change my vote to Norm.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 21 2010, 9:03 pm Aristocrat Post #139

Quote from Norm
I am not mafia because 5 people who are not me - including yourself - are mafia.
That's the shittiest rebuttal I've seen all year :awesome:

My current mafia suspicion list: Norm, Cecil, Raccoon.

EDIT> Detective(s), please send me your investigation results. Send them to me and only me to prevent information leak, and I will use them to pass judgment.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2010, 9:11 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 9:10 pm OlimarandLouie Post #140

Changing vote to NO LYNCH.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 920 >
  Back to forum