Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: SEN v5.1
SEN v5.1
Jul 20 2010, 8:26 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >

Aug 5 2010, 3:54 am Centreri Post #221

Relatively ancient and inactive

... Anyway, I like how SEN looks now, but what used to be little triangles near 'Site' and 'Favorites' are now three dots, and it looked better before.

None.

Aug 5 2010, 3:58 am DavidJCobb Post #222

The three-dots "bug" has been reported. The dots are added dynamically using CSS (more flexible that way), but since the server only understands ASCII/ANSI files, I couldn't have it write out a downward-facing triangle (CSS generated content can't use HTML entities, and a downward-facing triangle is outside of ASCII). I could have it add a "v" or "V" instead of an ellipsis, but that just seems... eh. I'll do it if enough people (IOW 2 or 3) request it.

EDIT: I can add Unicode chars using \hhhh (in this case, \25BC). I tried it before, but it didn't work because I was thinking in JS (\u25BC). I'll make the change now if the FTP lets me connect.

EDIT: Nope, I'm locked out right now. I'll have to remember to change the generated content for li.has-more links from " ..." to " \25bc".

None.

Aug 5 2010, 1:57 pm Devourer Post #223

Hello

It's by far better, now when you fix the bug right next to the collapse image (at least in opera) it can stay the way it is.

EDIT: Oh ya, readd the triangles please

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 6 2010, 1:48 am DavidJCobb Post #224

Right now, I can't fix the Opera bug without breaking that clipped corner in every single other browser. However, it's obvious that the problem is on Opera's end, and Opera -- unlike IE* -- is pretty good about fixing their bugs, so I'll file a bug report with them.

* "No, no, it can't be our shitty engine. Let's see if the problem's on your end. First, restart your computer into Safe Mode and uninstall IE8. Then, surfing with the notably more insecure IE7, navigate to our website, redownload IE8, and reinstall it. Then, view the page again." Make me reinstall the entire damn browser for something that's obviously just a flaw in their fail rendering engine... *grumbles*

None.

Aug 6 2010, 3:38 pm Centreri Post #225

Relatively ancient and inactive

Make it so that when viewing large images on SEN, you can switch between seeing it fullscreen and seeing it full-size.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 4:08 pm Aristocrat Post #226

The "pop up image in current window with shitty JS" approach sucks. Just make it link to the image, we' all have browsers competent enough to use tabs. Shit, even Interweb Exploder has tabs by now.

Since no one seems to pay attention to "Known Bugs/Needed Features" thread I'll list things that I feel should be changed here.

In decreasing priority:
  1. PMs cannot be quoted, thus all formatting is lost after sending.
  2. PMs cannot be previewed if you do not explicitly use "compose"; the quick reply box does not have a preview option.
  3. Images should not be boxed to 429 pixels. What is this, 1998? No one uses 640x480 resolution any more and there is no point in catering to the 0.000001% of users by making the images shrunken to tiny boxes for everyone else.
  4. Similarly, signatures should be permitted to be at least 600 pixels wide. 600x100 signatures look much better than 400x150 signatures (what we have now). Again, no one's display resolution is low enough that a wide signature would break the page.
  5. Shoutbox needs to be UTF-8 compliant.
  6. The rectangle behind the topics in the topic list should not have onclick JS to link to the page.
  7. Make "Italic members are currently writing a reply" actually work.
  8. Toggle Multiquote does nothing.
  9. Clickable area of the SC2 tab is too large.
  10. Fix the text inconsistency in the topic icon choice:
    Topic Icon
    You need to be a veteran or better to use these!

[ None ] Must be at least a regular to use an icon."
  11. Forum index looks ugly after marking all forums red because the container for each category is still green. Make a container grey if all of the forums associated have been read.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 4:51 pm MadZombie Post #227

Would it be possible to have that "latest posts" from the newspage turned into some sort of floating box that comes a long with me wherever I go on SEN? That would be nifty.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 7:35 pm poison_us Post #228

Back* from the grave

On at least the "image" and the "trigger" bbcode insert thingys, either clicking or hitting enter will refresh the current page when posting a quick reply or a reply to a message, at least.

What version of Chrome do you have? What operating system are you on?
5.0.375.125, Win7

Aug 6 2010, 8:59 pm DavidJCobb Post #229

Bugs listed in orange are critical. Items listed in green are quick and/or easy to implement.

Stuff for me
Fixes to be uploaded:
  • Bug: Google Chrome refreshes the form when a modal in the BBCode console is closed through any means.
  • Feature request: Changing the "..." in the nav into a downward-facing triangle.

Fixes to be coded:
  • Bug: It is possible to tab outside of a modal dialog, interacting with elements that are supposed to be blocked. This results in several bugs, including the opening of multiple modals at once.
  • Bug: Some modals that do not focus fields by default, like the one for the LIST tag, will place the focus after the modal, such that tabbing focuses things outside the modal.
  • Bug: If multiple modals are opened at once through a glitch, then closing one modal will remove the lightbox (black fade) effect even though other modals are still open. (The fade should remain as part of a graceful failure.)
  • Feature request: Pressing "Enter" in the LIST modal should add a new list item rather than inserting the list.
  • Enhancement: The rectangle behind the topics in the topic list should not have onclick JS to link to the page.
  • Bug: Clickable area of the SC2 tab is too large.
  • Bug: Marking a subforum on the Forum Index as read will not show any visual effect of the fact until the page is refreshed. The JS should be altered to turn the subforum grey when the AJAX completes.
  • Feature request: Make it so that when viewing large images on SEN, you can switch between seeing it fullscreen and seeing it full-size.
    [Ed. note: I'll take that to mean "add a feature that shrinks the image to fit the window during fullview". I can do this client-side and have it remembered with cookies, but if you want it as a setting, Dev'll need to handle it.]
  • Enhancement: Modify the image fullview so that the image itself can be easily opened in a new tab.
    [What do we do if the image was enclosed in a URL bbcode tag? I guess we do nothing, and leave the resulting hyperlink unaltered.]
  • Bug: In Opera, on the Forum Index, the clipped corners on the right sides of section headers are positioned wrongly.
  • Bug: Internet Explorer 8 will force the user into Compatibility View when viewing the Forum Index.
  • Bug: The site's appearance has not been perfected in IE. There are some flaws in IE8, and there are many issues in IE7.

Technical details

Stuff for Dev
  • Inconsistency: PMs cannot be quoted. All formatting is lost after sending.
  • Inconsistency: PMs cannot be previewed if you do not explicitly use "compose"; the quick reply box does not have a preview option.
  • Enhancement: Images should not be boxed to 429 pixels. Few people use monitor resolutions small enough to warrant that particular limit.
    [Ed. note: the resizing is done client-side, so raising the size cap would not increase bandwidth usage or memory usage, as the browser downloads the full image anyway.]
  • Enhancement: The minimum size for signatures should be increased to 600x150px.
  • Bug: The shoutbox mangles non-ASCII characters.
    [Ed. note: the problem is actually a general non-compliance with non-ASCII characters. Several PHP native functions deal exclusively with ASCII; their use might be the cause of the character encoding issues.]
  • Bug: The "Italic members are currently writing a reply" feature in topics doesn't work.
  • Bug: Fix the text inconsistency in the topic icon choice.

Notes
@Aristo: "Toggle Multiquote" will "mark" a post and copy its text (as a quote) into the Fast Reply box. If you click "Reply", all "marked" posts will appear as quotes on the Reply page. I do think, though, that "Toggle Multiquote" is a very unintuitive name and implementation for the feature.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 9 2010, 2:15 am by NudeRaider. Reason: abusing this to give you a quick information: I said that instea

None.

Aug 7 2010, 2:47 am Aristocrat Post #230

New bug/error/feature list:
  1. Shoutbox "Extras" is yellow and a different height from the "shout/refresh" buttons
  2. Forum category collapse on the index is no longer saved.
  3. The "Search" box does not clear the "search" text on focus.
  4. The "B/I/U/S" and "quote" buttons in the reply formatting do not retain proper case after use ("quote" becomes "QUOTE", "B" becomes "/b" on toggle, etc.)
  5. Some keyboard shortcuts shown in the mouseover tooltips for message formatting do not actually work. (Alt-Shift-U for underline, Alt-Shift-P for image, etc. do not work).
  6. Alt-Shift-U is listed both as the shortcut for underlining and the shortcut for hyperlinks.
  7. There lacks clickable buttons for [code], [collapse], [pre], and [encase].
  8. Font size has a lower bound of 6 and an upper bound of 24. Inputting negative values for "size" gives that lower bound. Not sure if this is intentionally constrained to such a narrow scope.
    This is size 9001 font.
    This is size 24 font.
    This is size 18 font.
    This is size 6 font.
    This is size 1 font.
    This is size -24 font.
  9. My clan page is missing. The two other clans I was a part of (coup d'etat and the first HCM incarnation that got bugged) still exist as null entries on the Clan CP "~select~" dropdown box.
  10. The clan page still uses the old StarEdit Favicon.
  11. The shoutbox textfield is no longer... a text field after the first shout you make on that page.
  12. You can't see previous posts when editing (the way you could see previous posts when making a new reply). Might be helpful to have this feature.

That's all for now.

EDIT> OH SHIT THIS IS IMPORTANT:

Malformed URLs that are missing one slash at the very end (like this one and this one) 404. Try using what is listed here.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2010, 2:56 am by Aristocrat.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:03 am Devourer Post #231

Hello

I guess I will take care of some bugs, busy with other stuff atm though, so be a bit patient please.
Clans are buggy and need a revamp. I will not even try fixing it in it's current state because it's a mess already.

And thanks for the list, david :) öäü

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2010, 11:12 am by Devourer.

Aug 7 2010, 7:35 pm poison_us Post #232

Back* from the grave

Shouting color is broke...
You need to be a regular or better to use this!

:ermm:

Aug 7 2010, 7:41 pm Devourer Post #233

Hello

Fixd already, recheck.

Aug 7 2010, 8:04 pm poison_us Post #234

Back* from the grave

Should've said "broken", but w/e.
Nevermind, just like anything good it's a store item now. FML. Looks like I'm stuck being nasus for a while.

Aug 7 2010, 8:06 pm Devourer Post #235

Hello

You do not have a shoutbox color. it now is an item.

Aug 7 2010, 9:44 pm Aristocrat Post #236

Inadvertently clicking "Report" on a post multiple times results in said post being reported multiple times (like this one). Perhaps add a cooldown?

EDIT> You cannot view forum categories of one tab while the other is checked. For instance, trying to view the SC2 Assistance Forums while you have Brood War selected at the top left results in this:

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/sc1_forums/index.php on line 104

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/sc1_forums/index.php on line 105

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2010, 10:16 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:48 pm DavidJCobb Post #237

I still can't do anything right now, the site won't let me connect via FTP.

Quote from Aristocrat
The shoutbox textfield is no longer... a text field after the first shout you make on that page.
Could you elaborate, please? Do you mean the Global Shoutbox? And what happens to the textfield?

Updated bug list:
Bugs listed in orange are critical. Items listed in green are quick and/or easy to implement.

Stuff for me
Fixes to be uploaded:
  • Bug: Google Chrome refreshes the form when a modal in the BBCode console is closed through any means.
  • Feature request: Changing the "..." in the nav into a downward-facing triangle.

Fixes to be coded:
  • Bug: It is possible to tab outside of a modal dialog, interacting with elements that are supposed to be blocked. This results in several bugs, including the opening of multiple modals at once.
  • Bug: Some modals that do not focus fields by default, like the one for the LIST tag, will place the focus after the modal, such that tabbing focuses things outside the modal.
  • Bug: If multiple modals are opened at once through a glitch, then closing one modal will remove the lightbox (black fade) effect even though other modals are still open. (The fade should remain as part of a graceful failure, or opening multiple modals should be completely impossible.)
  • Feature request: Pressing "Enter" in the LIST modal should add a new list item rather than inserting the list.
  • Enhancement: The rectangle behind the topics in the topic list should not have onclick JS to link to the page.
  • Bug: Clickable area of the SC2 tab is too large.
  • Bug: Marking a subforum on the Forum Index as read will not show any visual effect of the fact until the page is refreshed. The JS should be altered to turn the subforum grey when the AJAX completes.
  • Feature request: Make it so that when viewing large images on SEN, you can switch between seeing it fullscreen and seeing it full-size.
    [Ed. note: I'll take that to mean "add a feature that shrinks the image to fit the window during fullview". I can do this client-side and have it remembered with cookies, but if you want it as a setting, Dev'll need to handle it.]
  • Enhancement: Modify the image fullview so that the image itself can be easily opened in a new tab.
    [What do we do if the image was enclosed in a URL bbcode tag? I guess we do nothing, and leave the resulting hyperlink unaltered.]
  • Bug: In Opera, on the Forum Index, the clipped corners on the right sides of section headers are positioned wrongly.
  • Bug: Internet Explorer 8 will force the user into Compatibility View when viewing the Forum Index.
  • Bug: The site's appearance has not been perfected in IE. There are some flaws in IE8, and there are many issues in IE7.
  • Bug: The Shoutbox's "Extras" button is yellow and a different height from the "shout/refresh" buttons.
  • Regression: Collapsed sections on the Forum Index are no longer saved.
  • Bug: The quicksearch text field does not clear the "search" text on focus.
  • Bug: The "quote" button in the BBcode Console does not retain proper capitalization when pressed. (Note that the "B", "I", "U", and "S" buttons did toggle case in v5. They're fine.)
  • Bug: Some keyboard shortcuts shown in the mouseover tooltips for message formatting do not actually work. (Alt-Shift-U for underline, Alt-Shift-P for image, etc. do not work).
    [Ed. note: These are implemented using an HTML feature, "accesskey". Unfortunately, the first part of an accesskey shortcut varies between browsers, with some using Ctrl+Shift, some using Alt+Shift, etc.. Really, these tooltips should be removed -- unless JS can be written to definitively detect a browser's accesskey implementation.]
  • Bug: Alt-Shift-U is listed both as the shortcut for underlining and the shortcut for hyperlinks.
  • Bug: The parent for #inlinepopup2 is "solid"... Depending on how you've scrolled, this element, located near the lower-left corner, may cover up text or other elements, acting as an "invisible wall" for the mouse and making covered objects unclickable.

Technical details

Stuff for Dev
  • Inconsistency: PMs cannot be quoted. All formatting is lost after sending.
  • Inconsistency: PMs cannot be previewed if you do not explicitly use "compose"; the quick reply box does not have a preview option.
  • Enhancement: Images should not be boxed to 429 pixels. Few people use monitor resolutions small enough to warrant that particular limit.
    [Ed. note: the resizing is done client-side, so raising the size cap would not increase bandwidth usage or memory usage, as the browser downloads the full image anyway.]
  • Enhancement: The minimum size for signatures should be increased to 600x150px.
  • Bug: The shoutbox mangles non-ASCII characters.
    [Ed. note: the problem is actually a general non-compliance with non-ASCII characters. Several PHP native functions deal exclusively with ASCII; their use might be the cause of the character encoding issues.]
  • Bug: The "Italic members are currently writing a reply" feature in topics doesn't work.
  • Bug: Fix the text inconsistency in the topic icon choice.
  • Bug: Aristocrat's clan page is missing. The two other clans he was a part of (coup d'etat and the first HCM incarnation that got bugged) still exist as null entries on the Clan CP "~select~" dropdown box.
  • Bug: The clan page still uses the old StarEdit Favicon.
  • Enhancement: Add the "Show previous posts" feature to the Edit Post form. (It is already on the Reply form.)
  • Bug: Omitting the trailing slashes on URLs like http://staredit.net/forums/ results in a 404.
  • Enhancement: Reporting a post needs a cooldown.
    [Ed. note: Cooldowns, ideally, should be per-post. If a post is edited, that post's cooldown should be removed.]
  • Bug: Hiding SCII forums from the Forum Index, etc., and then visiting a SCII forum section directly (via a link, URL tampering, etc.) generates a PHP error. The same is true if the steps are performed for SCI forum sections.
  • Enhancement: Add buttons and items to the BBCode Console for CODE, COLLAPSE, PRE, and ENCASE. Put them under "special".

Notes
@Aristo: "Toggle Multiquote" will "mark" a post and copy its text (as a quote) into the Fast Reply box. If you click "Reply", all "marked" posts will appear as quotes on the Reply page. I do think, though, that "Toggle Multiquote" is a very unintuitive name and implementation for the feature.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2010, 2:01 am by DavidJCobb.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:59 pm Aristocrat Post #238

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from Aristocrat
The shoutbox textfield is no longer... a text field after the first shout you make on that page.
Could you elaborate, please? Do you mean the Global Shoutbox? And what happens to the textfield?

Never mind that, it's a gimmicky glitch that only happened because I messed around too much. Shouldn't happen with anyone else.

(Why was my EDIT> replaced with EDIT&gt; after quoting it?)

Also, please take note of the glitches I mentioned here and add them to the Dev checklist if you can :).

Inadvertently clicking "Report" on a post multiple times results in said post being reported multiple times (like this one). Perhaps add a cooldown?

EDIT> You cannot view forum categories of one tab while the other is checked. For instance, trying to view the SC2 Assistance Forums while you have Brood War selected at the top left results in this:

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/sc1_forums/index.php on line 104

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/sc1_forums/index.php on line 105

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:02 pm DavidJCobb Post #239

Aristo, your bugs about report cooldown and a game's forums being inaccessible when that game is hidden... are in the post already.

Just to clarify, though: if I hide all SCII forums, visiting a specific SCII subforum triggers the bug? I'm too lazy to check. :P

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:18 pm Aristocrat Post #240

Quote from DavidJCobb
Aristo, your bugs about report cooldown and a game's forums being inaccessible when that game is hidden... are in the post already.

Just to clarify, though: if I hide all SCII forums, visiting a specific SCII subforum triggers the bug? I'm too lazy to check. :P

They are? I didn't see then when I first looked through >_>.

Yes, if you hide all SC2 forums, visiting a hidden forum category (which contains the frame used to display it on the forum index) triggers the bug.

Also: Why are rank icons displayed based on the setting of the person who posted the quote, not based on the current user's preferences?

See here, specifically the quotes involving devourer: http://www.staredit.net/topic/12033/2/

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >
  Back to forum