Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: SEN v5.1
SEN v5.1
Jul 20 2010, 8:26 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 13 >

Aug 1 2010, 2:25 am DT_Battlekruser Post #201

On the contrary, the complication is in the background and the problem is people try to look beyond the simple.

Given that I can't see what you suggestion is just by reading that paragraph once, I can't really call it all that simple either.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 4:19 am Centreri Post #202

Relatively ancient and inactive

Really? My bad wording/your bad comprehension = complicated idea?

Eh. Nevermind. Go ahead. I'm not getting into a long debate about this. I'll say one thing: The contributions tab of the profile should provide all the information necessary to gauge a member's mapmaking productivity. If you need to add a number that will be a) for bragging rights and b) to convert directly to another number, then the contributions tab isn't as informative as it should be. Are you actually expecting people to look at achievement points and base their opinion of a person based on that?

I was going to say that Mapster's system is better, but then I actually checked it, and it isn't. Oh, well. Now, MAY I BE STRICKEN BY GOD IF I POST HERE AGAIN ON THIS ISSUE. ;o

None.

Aug 1 2010, 5:43 am DT_Battlekruser Post #203

Are you actually expecting people to look at achievement points and base their opinion of a person based on that?

No. I expect them to factor into the granting of minerals and, in combination with various other factors, determine promotion to higher ranks. All that the common member need worry about is rank, and perhaps a Reputation number.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 5:54 am DavidJCobb Post #204

MY RECOMMENDATION
Ditch Achievement Points and use only minerals. Keep track of how minerals are earned (contest rewards, activity, gifts, etc.) and display this information on users' profiles. So for example:

Minerals owned: 160
Minerals earned: 200
Minerals spent: 40

Breakdown
Contests 30
Activity 90
Gifts 60
Other 20

But, of course, with everything lined up, and neat little bar-graph-like bits between the labels and numbers.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 1:20 am Centreri Post #205

We lost seven skins and gained one that's now nothing more than a bubbly epic on half of the good browsers out there.

Nice.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 1:41 am DavidJCobb Post #206

Quote from Centreri
We lost seven skins and gained one that's now nothing more than a bubbly epic on half of the good browsers out there.

Nice.
Okay, Devourer, I'm going to ask for two things here.

First, a /squelch feature for the Shoutbox.

Second, I'd like you to add a feature that allows people to use the old, epic fail HTML if they so choose, so that they can have buggy, inefficient, badly-coded, and difficult-to-maintain pages and that way, they can keep all of their wonderful little gimmicks while continuing to use browsers that claim to be standards-compliant yet fail to implement basic parts of the HTML and CSS specifications. Something like IE8's Compatibility View, but for SEN's skin system. Hell, you can even name it in honor of the guy who wants it most: "Centreri View".

None.

Aug 3 2010, 1:45 am Centreri Post #207

Fayntaystayc. Yes, a Centreri View would be ideal. And, really, why can't you do it? Just save the previous files under a new skin name, or however SEN stores skins. <_<

None.

Aug 3 2010, 1:48 am DavidJCobb Post #208

Dev gave me the information for editing a skin, not the information for creating one. I don't know what IDs are reserved or what IDs he plans to use for what skins. Please direct your non-stop bitching at him for now.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 2:06 am Centreri Post #209

The code may have been dreadful. But it WORKED dammit. I don't notice SEN loading faster for me (again, computers are pretty fast these days, code efficiency matters less and less), I notice how it looks boring now.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 1:42 pm rockz Post #210

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

As much as I don't mind the new stuff, I think sandboxing any changes in skin 3(or whatever) is a very good idea, much like we did with SEN 5.0 skin 5.

I really think that corbo's original was very nearly perfect, and we should strive to attain that look.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 3 2010, 2:07 pm Devourer Post #211

Hello

I actually do not like the new forum index, either. Revert it would be best. A new skin just for a small difference would be senseless. You can always go ahead and create skins, with id 4 or higher. Just check the files inside the folder, if there is a skin_ctrl.php it is already used, if not: it's free.

As for squelch in the shoutbox: no, on purpose. We are a community and we should not ignore anyone.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 3 2010, 4:31 pm rockz Post #212

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I mean a sandbox for skins, so that the public can test it out first. If everything works, we can move it to the original skin. That way you can test in real time as well, and David doesn't have to worry about making changes to the skin that everyone is more or less indifferent about.

Make it skin 0 or something.

I don't know of a way for me to "just check the files inside the folder".

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 3 2010, 5:07 pm Devourer Post #213

Hello

Not you, rockz, but david

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 3 2010, 10:44 pm UnholyUrine Post #214

so....
Quote from Syphon
Do this one. *trollface*

When will this happen? *trollface* :hurr:

None.

Aug 3 2010, 10:53 pm DavidJCobb Post #215

Might've stumbled upon a fix for the Chrome/Safari issue that'll allow me to re-enable forum images for those browsers. Good thing Centreri stopped nagging me when he did, else I might've decided not to even bother with it. As soon as I work out a few kinks in the testcase, I'll be able to add it to the current skin code.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 11:18 pm DavidJCobb Post #216

Forum images now work on Chrome. I don't have Safari, but since they use the same rendering engine, it should work there. If any Safari users happen to see the forum images break, let me know. A screenshot would be very helpful in such a case.

This, unfortunately, came at the cost of removing the very, very subtle green tint on each forum section, but I doubt most of you noticed that anyway.

EDIT: Section headers on the Forum Index are now indented as per Corbo's design and the old code, though it looks weird this way IMO.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 11:23 pm by DavidJCobb.

None.

Aug 4 2010, 3:08 am Centreri Post #217

OH GOD WHAT IF I HADNT STOPPED NAGGING WE CAME SO CLOSE TO NOT HAVING FORUM BACKGROUND IMAGES FUUUUU LIFE IS PRECIOUS

None.

Aug 4 2010, 11:38 pm DavidJCobb Post #218

And that proves that you never gave a shit about the background images whose loss you had so intensely criticized. Thank you for proving that you're a dick.

None.

Aug 5 2010, 3:44 am Centreri Post #219

No, I'm just mocking you for trying to make me feel guilty for nagging you to do your work properly. "THANK GOD YOU STOPPED, CENT. ONE MORE BIT AND I WOULDDA EXPLOADED. AND THEN YOUD HAVE NO CODER. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT? HUH?"

None.

Aug 5 2010, 3:49 am DavidJCobb Post #220

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, because I'm not petty enough to give a shit. I've started to really enjoy calling you a dick, though. Especially given that there are far better ways to make me aware of an issue or convince me to solve a problem than acting like a whining, nagging little bitch.

Moving on: Devourer, has your opinion of the Forum Index changed since I indented the headers and whatnot?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 13 >
  Back to forum