Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Hell's Awakening
Hell's Awakening
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 11 2010, 4:18 pm
By: Oh_Man
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Sep 2 2010, 4:23 am Oh_Man Post #41

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Thanks, though you are in for a disappoint. The current version goes to shit once you get past the reaver boss lol.

Sep 24 2010, 6:51 pm Seigekiller Post #42

Well I finally played it. Sadly enough though, there was lag when battling units outside of town.
I like the town itself, everything is superb, the smithing i think was just amazing.
Flaws
-The lag
-Minerals stopped receiving after about 2 hours of playing
Those are the only ones that really got at me. Other then those few things, i just loved it. sadly... I couldn't get any further because of the minerals.
Also (Sometimes) when trying to trade the rugged hide, the cybernetics isn't there so you can't trade (D) for goon

None.

Sep 24 2010, 8:21 pm Oh_Man Post #43

Thanks for your insights Seigekiller! The minerals stop receiving after you reach level 5, though I plan to be taking a different approach to that in my next update.

As for the lag, your the first person I've had that has reported any lag. The only reason I could think of is:
A. Whoever you played with and/or yourself may have had bad internet connection (assuming it was over bnet).
B. Whoever you played with and/or yourself may have a bad CPU (there are many triggers in my map, a lot going at once to track spells, monster spawning, levels, etc.; so I think your computers need to have a strong enough CPU to be able to handle all the calculations).

Has anyone else been experiencing lag?

Sep 25 2010, 1:38 am Tempz Post #44

Its so boring without sounds...

Can you please not disable the units speech; its be nice to have a lite version of the game which is small amount of sounds but not all

None.

Oct 24 2010, 4:26 pm TiKels Post #45

Any updates?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 25 2010, 5:25 am Oh_Man Post #46

Yeh I finish Uni in a couple weeks, so I'll be putting this square in my sights once again. Hope to have it finished around late November, god damn this has been drawn out lol. Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy the finalized version.

Jan 11 2011, 9:18 am cacaro Post #47

Any news on this?

None.

Jan 11 2011, 10:00 am Oh_Man Post #48

I'm currently having problems with Script failure 30-40ish minutes into the game. I'm having trouble finding the cause. Otherwise, I'm real happy with my progress. I think you guys will be very impressed with v2.0 :bleh:

Jun 19 2011, 7:38 am UnholyUrine Post #49

So. Had trouble finding this.

I Can't believe this was almost a YEAR ago.. No wonder... i couldn't find it.

Either way, this is an amazing map.. and while I dislike your liberal use of strings (mostly because it'll come around and bite you in the rear as you continue working on this map).. it's all done with polish.

I think the grinding problem we discussed about can be helped by introducing more open-ended quests and worlds.. Much like in the Legend of Zelda series, the player's left to explore the world and discover it. The way the game is set up right now is a bit too linear.. and b/c of that, we start having to grind ourselves.
I still believe that spawn rate should be lowered in order to allow the players to explore the world more. Hiding with cloak will probably cause balancing problems in boss encounters later on.. and you can't cloak the Marine hero w/o hassles.

The best way to approach the sort of "open world" design is best described by .. someone else who I've forgotten... but it's basically peeling an inverted Onion. You start off small, and you start opening new layers to the players. What's more is that you can tease future "layers".. like having an omimous looking temple standing in the middle of the field w/ no way of getting in.
Being able to set up your world for the player to discover may be hard in the beginning, but it'll be a lot easier than trying to fit multiple sidequests and objectives in the long run.

Also.. an alternative name for this rpg, if you're dissatisfied w/ ur current one, can be "Vanished Hope RPG".. or Vanished Something.
Vanished Souls? ... bleh i don't know.

Finally.. http://www.staredit.net/topic/12904/ if you are in need of inspiration

None.

Jun 19 2011, 8:08 am Oh_Man Post #50

Thanks for the feedback!

The next version of this map will be available next month guys, stay tuned.

Jun 19 2011, 7:42 pm UnholyUrine Post #51

The other way to mitigate the grinding problem
is, as you've said, make lots of side quests/missions..
Where basically the player has a wide array of things to do.. and that the rewards for doing these things are better than/or is different but still necessary from the rewards for grinding.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 1:29 am Tempz Post #52

Great game only problem is that the city feels so empty such with a large city you need to add more side missions/quest or just general interactions gl with you map.

None.

Jun 30 2011, 3:41 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #53

i wana play! put it back on media fire!!

None.

Jul 18 2011, 10:54 pm CecilSunkure Post #54

Still need to play this with you >.<

None.

Oct 26 2011, 10:51 pm Tempz Post #55

Personally the first 30 - 40 minutes of the game was nothing but pure grinding i hope you fixed it in the latest version. But otherwise this is an outstanding game once you get past the grinding and glitches.

None.

Feb 13 2012, 1:15 am Bar Refaeli Post #56

OP inferno, UP warrior, and DO WANT MORE DAY!

None.

Mar 22 2012, 10:02 am Jack Post #57

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

NOsoundversion isn't on mediafire anymore :(

Is this an entry to the last stand contest btw? 2011 ofc.

EDIT
Bug: when you get to the second town and die you are stuck in the cemetery and can't get out. And the town is loaded with enemies, which may be intentional.

Crafting still doesn't work :( and at one stage in the first town both blue and teal weren't able to build dragoons when in town talking to people because we didn't have cybernetics cores. We got them back after going to the next town. Also, teal had a random corsair fly down from top leftish which didn't go away. Lul. Not removed after casting a spell mebbe?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2012, 12:10 pm by Jack.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 24 2012, 1:47 am the420haze Post #58

Hey, was just in a game with 2 other people.
i was the mage, and experienced a wierd bug with the healing herb, constantly respawning over top my unit.
Also my cybernetics core got taken away after a short while.
A few other points i noticed, the second revive sometimes spawns you in a area you cant leave.
and after using the bluestone to get out i got stuck in the 1st quest area.
Just so you know.
Hope to see some work done.
also the gold thing (i know it was mentioned) shouldnt stop or just like make a few odd units always give you money.
(As in critters, or rare enemies you come across) [Just some hints/tips]

None.

Mar 24 2012, 7:57 pm Jack Post #59

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Yeah, the message when you reach level 5 says no more experience but you don't get any loot either. And one game I played teal got level 6 while in the first area, I think instantaneously after getting level 5.

Also, in the PDF it says something about aether improvement but I don't know what aether is and whether it's worth improving.

I've not been able to get any of the quick action events to do anything; am I just too slow? How do they work?

We also played a game where the second area enemies didn't roam around, they just sat at their spawn. And in a different game they were all over the town and we couldn't even move down the ramp without dying.

Andddddd in one game when I was magician reached level 5 my zealot spell stopped working on the first area spawn. In addition, that spell only targets spawn to the left of you. You should use a few locations of increasing size to detect enemies, so you hit units closest to you first with it.

Magician's dragoon spell has a bad habit of killing nearby allies because it spawns a scarab next to the magician as well as next to enemies.

EDIT
Ah, you still haven't updated it since other people have stated the same bugs, even though you said you said you fixed the bugs :/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 25 2012, 2:20 am by Jack.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 29 2012, 1:51 am Oh_Man Post #60

Yeh I have fixed the bugs. But they are in a version of my map that I haven't released yet. The map you are playing is like a year old and my new map is basically completely different.

I now use shuttle menu for conversations instead of protoss buildings.
I now use a customisable spell system instead of set spells.
I now use a different item system.
& Lots of other stuff. I have even renamed my map and changed the story.

So yeh hopefully that will go up in the coming months.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum