Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 87 88 89 90 91127 >

Jul 11 2011, 6:23 am DevliN Post #1761

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
They should just give us the maps and not be so greedy. :-_-: IMO, leaving the champ count the number it was a year ago would've been fine. I've been playing for like 6 months now, and I know the spells to maybe six or seven of the champions. You really don't need that many, especially when they keep taking the servers down for stupid maintenance or champion-related bugs.
The servers aren't down that often, at least not anymore. When I started playing they were down constantly and at seemingly random times.

Also, I'm not so sure that not knowing more champs' spells is a valid excuse. You could easily play more than 6 or 7 champs to learn what the others do in that amount of time.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 11 2011, 6:49 am Riney Post #1762

Thigh high affectionado

Currently there is a bug that Annie can do 2x damage with tibbers and her W (cone ability). If youre wondering why you lost a game, its probably because her bear did 1300 damage to everything in it instantly rather than 650.

Happened to me twice today. Getting sick of all the bugs in this damn game.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jul 11 2011, 9:16 am poison_us Post #1763

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
How do you play on snowy Summoner's Rift? :O
Go back in time roughly 9 months.

Quote from DevliN
Quote from name:Cardinal
i thought this was a starcraft site :(
With a Games sections for other games...? :P
There are other sections? Why did nobody tell me of this!

Quote from shmeeps
That's what I was hoping for. Apparently three must be too hard to randomize between :rolleyes:

I also doubt Magma Chamber will ever make it, since they seem to have to release a new champ every patch. Unless they can make you pay RP to play it.
Magma Chamber will never come out until Riot starts losing money, or at the start of Season 2. Seriously.

Jul 11 2011, 3:49 pm Riney Post #1764

Thigh high affectionado

I actually learned theres another bug as well for Cone based spells to do 2x damage. This explains why that mordekaiser is hitting for 600 with no ap, or tank rumble still can mean a damn.

God dammit riot.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 11 2011, 8:17 pm Echo Post #1765

Oli and Me = Highest ELO in SEN

None.

Jul 11 2011, 8:33 pm shmeeps Post #1766

Quote from name:Artanis186
What if Riot instead decided on making craploads of new maps and charging to unlock each, yet leaving the champion count the same? Do you think it'd be better?
I would rather they leave the champion count the same for a month or two and fix some of the more prevalent bugs and balance the damn game.

Quote from poison_us
Magma Chamber will never come out until Riot starts losing money, or at the start of Season 2. Seriously.[/color]
It will come out when they can ease i the fact that they will charge 975 rp or 12600ip for it. :rolleyes:

Quote from Riney
I actually learned theres another bug as well for Cone based spells to do 2x damage. This explains why that mordekaiser is hitting for 600 with no ap, or tank rumble still can mean a damn.

God dammit riot.
This makes sense, probably why cho's scream used to do so much damage. Sadly, they just nerfed him to shit instead.

None.

Jul 12 2011, 3:45 am LoveLess Post #1767

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Echo
Not surprised. I am inconsistent as all hell. Ask anyone.

None.

Jul 12 2011, 3:54 am Neki Post #1768

Quote from Echo
I just play normals all day. who cares about elo.

None.

Jul 12 2011, 5:05 am Riney Post #1769

Thigh high affectionado

Never had so much bitching from one person ever in my life as I did from this pub ashe in this ladder game.

So AD / Mana / Tank Blitzcrank right, I melt Lux like its nothing, towers die instantly, and people cant hurt me for shit. The enemy team had a GP, that this ashe fed to hell and back and made things oh so fun. We had 3 attempts on the enemy's nexus, and it went like this.

Attempt 1: We're attacking the nexus, and a Inhib prevents us from finishing them off.
Attempt 2: We dash past everyone avoiding the enemy, the nexus has 46 hp left after the other 3 on our team decide they'll fight instead of dash in with us.
Attempt 3: We finally catch a break and murder GP, then melt Akali.

Third times the charm I guess. Also did I mention how oddly interesting Blitz is to play when you dont just go AP or Tank? Ive never filled a manamune once in my life Primarily because I either finish the match or sell it for something better, but I did manage it in this game.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 12 2011, 6:52 am Alzarath Post #1770

Praetor

Quote from Riney

This also explains why Annie insta-kill combo'd me at level 6... under a tower.

None.

Jul 12 2011, 4:01 pm Fisty Post #1771

Quote from name:Artanis186
Quote from Riney

This also explains why Annie insta-kill combo'd me at level 6... under a tower.
That's normal if you have 50% hp :P When you see her stun's charged after level 6, pray to your gods and hope they dont forsake you.

None.

Jul 12 2011, 10:31 pm Riney Post #1772

Thigh high affectionado

So for everyone who doesnt know, get 10 ladder games in before Season one is up and you get this fine skin for free.

And thats supposed to be Kayle, daymn.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 12 2011, 11:20 pm ShadowFlare Post #1773

Image isn't loading for me, even on the original web site.

None.

Jul 12 2011, 11:43 pm Riney Post #1774

Thigh high affectionado

Thats no good, Ill upload it to a different source.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jul 13 2011, 12:53 am poison_us Post #1775

Back* from the grave

Different source doesn't work for me.

Jul 13 2011, 12:55 am MEMEME670 Post #1776

Quote from Echo

What?

None.

Jul 13 2011, 1:53 am ShadowFlare Post #1777

The original source is working for me now; must have been a temporary issue. (I can see both now)

None.

Jul 13 2011, 2:13 am poison_us Post #1778

Back* from the grave

Same.

Jul 13 2011, 2:27 am Neki Post #1779

stealth changes:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=958111

global ult changes:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=958614

Quote from Xypherous;11317491
Hm. Okay, well, I suppose it's been a while since I've given an update so I'll chime in on this a little:

Following up from last time, the general problem(s) with long term stealth was:

1. There was no way for the opponents to get an inkling of how clever the stealth player was being, and thus there was no good way to get a sense of how that player operates.
2. Stealth is claustrophobic in the way that it makes you play.
3. Stealth gives very powerful scouting information while simultaneously hiding that information from your opponent.

We tried some iterations past the first few tests, with Paranoia, alternate resource bars, footprints, phasing and mark systems but in the end, we settled on the current system because it was the simplest solution for long-term stealth. In short: "Everyone has reduced Oracles, but Evelynn and Twitch are perma-stealthed."

Some Partial Stealth Details

Disclaimer: I fully understand this destroys a *lot* of the current stealth gameplay changes. Unfortunately, through lots of iteration, I was unable to capture the feeling of pure invisibility while in stealth while having fun gameplay. In the end, I decided to opt for a very simple system that was highly understandable over some more fiddling mechanics.

1. Evelynn and Twitch are permanently stealthed when they rank their level one stealth abilities. However, Evelynn and Twitch can be seen when they are within X units of an enemy champion (Slightly under vision range), or when they are within a true sight radius.

If they attack, they are revealed briefly for 2 seconds before going back into stealth.

This 'X' is being adjusted for feel between the two champions. 'X' is smaller than champion vision radius, so you can "stalk" an opposing champion, but it will be farther away.

2. Evelynn and Twitch have a "sight gem" above opponent's, telling them when the enemy can see them or not and whether they are "safe" (green sight gem), "warning - you are close to being seen, but still unseen" (yellow sight gem) or "being seen" (red sight gem.)

Results

Long Term Stealth, in this case, has been removed as a primary initiation mechanic but allows Eve and Twitch to cross minion vision and regular sight bubbles with impunity and sneak into brush patches by circle/stalk their opponents. Their opponents can likewise spot-check areas with their own reveal radius and create zones were stealth characters "probably aren't, otherwise they'd be seen."

The sight gem allows the Eve/Twitch player to take much of the guesswork out of figuring out when they were being seen or revealed and allows them to put more of their thoughts on clever positioning and sneaking around their opponents, especially for lane ganks.

This also lets us make them more combat oriented characters that don't immediately blow up on start. In general, this stealth has proven to be very difficult to use but allows characters to have some bluff gameplay and interesting circle/stalk gameplay in testing. Your characters can still scout, but at a highly diminished effectiveness (due to the increased range.)

In team fights, stealth proved to be less effective than before, so the character's combat viabilities are being looked at through reworks/remakes.

What is blocking us on releasing this:

1. There's a pretty big problem with the concept known as Oracle-Sweeping. We'd want to replace Oracle's elixir with someone that doesn't cause such weird gameplay but as to what would be a *good* replacement is a little up in the air.

2. General particle/kit rebalancing work - We need to heavily redo Evelynn and Twitch's kits and that comes different visuals and graphical effects.

What I am testing right now - Additionally

Sight wards as being partial motion sensors - Sight wards signalling when a hostile is moving nearby?
"Robot Chicken" scout drone
"Wriggles" for supports?

I probably shouldn't do this but as compensation, some sneaks..

Evelynn can have her stun back, because now you have advanced warning of her when she steps in. She might need a short-step-stun in order to successfully initiate. Testing required. Twitch has proven to be a slightly harder problem in internal testing.

As an aside: Hate spike is now awesome (for me, at least). Evelynn now has Champion prioritizing Lurker Spines. This makes her lane less bad. :P

As usual, feel free to ask questions for a little bit as I stick around. I don't know all the details of the full remake (as Live better understands that new environment). Sorry for the delay, but with Orianna/Champion pipeline and such, this has been somewhat of a lower priority for me.

Quote from Morello;11314898
Hey all,

This patch, we're getting the long-awaited global teleport tech, which allows us to limit the range of global teleportation abilities.

This means Pantheon, next patch, will have less teleportation range than on live currently. This is a big opportunity for us and you to shape the direction of Pantheon's changes - we want you to try him with the new range and tell us what you think he'll need to be fun and viable again. Changes could range from numbers to skill reworks, anything really. We have ideas, but we know you've wanted this for awhile - let's get together so our team can deliver what you want more effectively.

Our goal is to get this out in the patch-after-next. We have a few additional tech cleanups to do on him in the meantime and wanted to take this delay as an opportunity to really give fans what they want to make Pantheon awesome again.

Please post your thoughts here - I'll only be able to comment sporadically, but we'll be compiling feedback and involving you in this decision process.

PS: Derails or flagrant complaints without productive discourse will be ignored by me. This will be a busy thread and I'll need to be efficient to get valuable feedback :)

EDIT:

"Why is this only focused on Pantheon? Global ult is one of TFs core mechanics, what about him?"

To answer the TF concerns, we are not planning TF buffs at all. We'll see how much this actually effects him, since he's a must-ban right now, buffs don't make much sense.

Pantheon is considered really weak however, so we're lining up buffs here, but wanted to gather your feedback as well.

None.

Jul 13 2011, 6:06 am Riney Post #1780

Thigh high affectionado

Guess whos Teamspeak Banner has this as its image. Got my first penta today, was awesome. Funny thing was, I didnt even know I was on a quad, until people started shouting at me GET THE PENTA GET THE PENTA as I was at 300 hp near a tower with sona stunning me.

Then I ate oranges and it was k.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Options
Pages: < 1 « 87 88 89 90 91127 >
  Back to forum