Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37 38 39127 >

Oct 16 2010, 11:50 pm Bar Refaeli Post #721

After playing first game of HoN since ever:
1. You can tower charge MUCH earlier in the game than you can in LoL
2. Strength heroes can take tons of damage while the squishes in HoN are even squisher than they are in LoL.
3. Range heroes have bigger range and can harass more in HoN, and harassing does 50x more damage in HoN than LoL
4. PEOPLE MOVE SO FAST! It's practically impossible to click your mouse on people compared to LoL

None.

Oct 17 2010, 2:11 am ShadowFlare Post #722

Towers also have larger range in HoN, making it harder for melee to get close to the tower early game for much time without becoming its target. Because of that, it is even more important to only last-hit creeps early game rather than auto-attack them so they stay between the towers.

None.

Oct 17 2010, 2:21 am Bar Refaeli Post #723

The worst part is that if you attack a tower in HoN when no creeps are attacking it, it automatically targets you. In LoL, you can attack it all you want while your creeps are fighting the enemy creeps. But I think HoN towers are easier to kill (HP wise) than LoL.

None.

Oct 17 2010, 6:40 pm Bar Refaeli Post #724

In my quest to create a perfect 5x5 premade team for SEN I have come up with the following team that would work awesome:

Uber Team:
Galio :: Olimar
Nunu/Amumu :: ???/???
Vladimir :: Raccoon
Miss Fortune :: ???
Sona/Pantheon :: ???/Welterweight

Galio + Nunu for awesome tanking and epic ulti synergy. Vladimir for his ulti which will benefit the other AoE ultis greatly. Miss Fortune for 1. a great AoE ulti that scales physical damage and 2. late game carry. Pantheon is better for this team if they are less confident in their MF's carrying ability. Those pesky trydameres and yis can get annoying late game, and pantheon deals incredible damage late game, and his ulti adds tons of damage to Nunu+Galio synergy. Sona is better if you aren't worried about late game and you just want more assurance that you can pull of the whole team fight spam ultimate strategy.

Nunu/Amumu: I figured that if you go pantheon instead of sona, you will have insane damage from panth's ulti and you will need more help initating the fight well (amumu) than dealing even more damage (nunu) but honestly either way will work for any combination.

This team is incredibly team fight based (if you couldn't tell). Feel free to offer any suggestion of differernt heroes to put in or w/e. Also I'm making it a sign up so people can sign up for heroes they are good at in the uber team then all of us play together some night and see how much win this really is. I signed myself up for Vladimir but if someone desperately wants to play him I can switch.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Oct 18 2010, 6:48 pm by Raccoon.

None.

Oct 17 2010, 7:27 pm Riney Post #725

Thigh high affectionado

And the second one of them are alone eve played by Lingie swoops in and rapes their face.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 17 2010, 7:33 pm Echo Post #726

Until Eve gets nerfed because she is OP.

None.

Oct 18 2010, 1:42 am poison_us Post #727

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Raccoon
Quote from poison_us
4 tanks < balanced team.
Out of like the 200 pub games I've played, I've gotten a truley balanced team around 5 times and teams with at least 3 tanks like 40 times
That's because pubs always love to get the kills. Take echo for example. You simply do not tryhard with Nasus, it just doesn't work. A balanced team is something like three tanks, one mage, and one FIGHTER DPS. Twitch is not a fighter, FYI. However, you usually see one tank, two if you're lucky, two DPS, one mage, and one useless, like Sivir.

Oct 18 2010, 2:06 am Jack Post #728

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Plus there's the games where you get ashe, sivir, and tristana in one team, plus a mage and a tank.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 18 2010, 6:03 am Neki Post #729

Oh man, a while ago just got into a game where we got raped by a 1000AP+ Veigar, awesome. :awesome: Still haven't found my hero, have Twisted Fate and Mundo now, but I still haven't found the one guy I can always play, like Valk in HoN. :(

None.

Oct 18 2010, 9:10 am NicholasBeige Post #730

Played my first 3 games of LoL the other day, didnt really enjoy it...

the 2d graphics started to hurt my eyes after about 30 minutes of play...

played as Pantheon - was a joke... spear, stun and that aoe damage over time.. i had 35 kills to 4 deaths in my first game... next time I played as that guy who can shoot rockets and 'blind' people... not so much fun to be honest... then the ice dragon hero... what's the use of a 'passive ability' that just means you get killed and can't do anything about it? Finally, played as Singed. Sort of like Pudge meets Razzil Darkbrew... kinda fun...

over all I don't think I would play it again. The cooldowns (for all heros I played) seem to have little effect on game play strategy and in the heat of battle it just seemed to turn into a co-ordinated button bash. Some heros are vastly over-powered towards the end and mid game... as with dota, the items simply seem to give far too much bonus to attack and speed, where as the addition of +ability power is nice, it hardly counter-balances +attack speed and +attack damage...

There were a few things I liked though... the item shop UI is cool, and easy to understand.. but how do I drop an item to make space for new ones? That really frustrated me...

The innate abilities that you can choose to have before the game starts, such as Teleport, Heal, Revive and Ghost were a nice touch.

I hate how you cannot deny creeps (atleast to my knowledge...) makes it very less skill based, only AoE and DPS determines your farming skill... which determines your gold, which ultimately determines your items and thus survivability/lethality.

None.

Oct 18 2010, 10:00 am Wing Zero Post #731

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I actually tried this yesterday, I played as Katrina for three games and won two of them. After I got the hang of of her spells I did pretty well. I mainly got assists though, I'm not sure if that's good or not with this hero but ill work on it.

Oct 18 2010, 10:14 am OlimarandLouie Post #732

Put me on for Galio in that "perfect team" of yours, Raccoon.

@Cardinal
Keep in mind you were playing against new players, so Pantheon might seem OP for you ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 18 2010, 10:27 am by OlimarandLouie.

None.

Oct 18 2010, 11:41 am DevliN Post #733

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That and Heimer (the one that blinds and shoots missiles) is EPIC! :D

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 18 2010, 12:35 pm poison_us Post #734

Back* from the grave

Yo, Loveless, hope you're not mad about me ditching. I was just tired of people bitching, and you told me to stop dying. Bad day + you bitching = me very pissed at you. Oh, and it doesn't help that Garen might have been on steroids.

Oct 18 2010, 6:48 pm Bar Refaeli Post #735

Quote from name:Cardinal
Played my first 3 games of LoL the other day, didnt really enjoy it...

played as Pantheon - was a joke... spear, stun and that aoe damage over time.. i had 35 kills to 4 deaths in my first game... next time I played as that guy who can shoot rockets and 'blind' people... not so much fun to be honest... then the ice dragon hero... what's the use of a 'passive ability' that just means you get killed and can't do anything about it? Finally, played as Singed. Sort of like Pudge meets Razzil Darkbrew... kinda fun...

over all I don't think I would play it again. The cooldowns (for all heros I played) seem to have little effect on game play strategy and in the heat of battle it just seemed to turn into a co-ordinated button bash. Some heros are vastly over-powered towards the end and mid game... as with dota, the items simply seem to give far too much bonus to attack and speed, where as the addition of +ability power is nice, it hardly counter-balances +attack speed and +attack damage...

There were a few things I liked though... the item shop UI is cool, and easy to understand.. but how do I drop an item to make space for new ones? That really frustrated me...

The innate abilities that you can choose to have before the game starts, such as Teleport, Heal, Revive and Ghost were a nice touch.

I hate how you cannot deny creeps (atleast to my knowledge...) makes it very less skill based, only AoE and DPS determines your farming skill... which determines your gold, which ultimately determines your items and thus survivability/lethality.
You get used to it after about 50 games.

PEOPLE! SIGN UP FOR UBER TEAM

None.

Oct 18 2010, 7:25 pm poison_us Post #736

Back* from the grave

I'll update the "uber team" list with times in the OP, once we get 5. I'd like for everyone to restate their times and list top 5 preferred champs, in order of skill, please.

Oh, and Wing, I'd like for you to either shout, PM, or post me your screen name, just so people have notice that I've added it to the OP, and I'm not pulling it outta my ass.

Champs: Nasus, Malphite, Blitzcrank (when free), Warwick, Jax.
M-W-F: 3:15-5:00ish, 5:30+
Tuesday: 12:30ish-5:00ish, 5:30+
Thursday: 3:30ish-5:00ish, 5:30+
Sat/Sun: Varies. Usually not at all, but when open it's basically the entire weekend.

Oct 18 2010, 7:46 pm ThedarKOne Post #737

I'm still trying to find my champion, would be easier if they had more free heroes every week.

None.

Oct 18 2010, 9:36 pm OlimarandLouie Post #738

1 - Mordekaiser (6:1 KA/D Ratio :awesome: )
2 - Kassadin
3 - Galio
4 - Karthus
5 - Ezreal

I'm online pretty much every weekday after 4:10 pm Central. Can't get on sundays.

None.

Oct 18 2010, 10:09 pm ShadowFlare Post #739

Quote from name:Cardinal
Do you have "fast terrain" on in the graphics options? If so, turn it off. Also, there is going to be a graphics update in some upcoming patch (no idea when that is supposed to be).

None.

Oct 19 2010, 5:02 am Wing Zero Post #740

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

My screen name is Wing Zero234 (Wing Zero was taken >_<).

Options
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37 38 39127 >
  Back to forum