Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 13127 >

Aug 23 2010, 4:50 pm shmeeps Post #201

Quote from DevliN
I just started playing as Heimerdinger and damn do I love that character!
Heimerdinger is getting a massive nerf, probably Tuesday or so.

None.

Aug 23 2010, 7:40 pm UnholyUrine Post #202

Gotta try this one day..

b4 it stops being free

None.

Aug 23 2010, 8:13 pm DevliN Post #203

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think they make enough money off of people buying points that it will never stop being free.

And do you know any details, shmeeps? I played 4 or 5 games with him last night and wooped ass with him, but it's not like he's really that OP or anything. Most of my deaths were against people who slowed me as I ran and/or 1v1 tank characters. He's definitely not one I can see taking on 2 or 3 alone, effectively (without all his turrets up that is).

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 23 2010, 8:58 pm ShadowFlare Post #204

Things I can think of would be turret life and possibly something about his mini rockets. (maybe the range? not sure.) The combination of the turret life and his mini rockets can make him hard to approach with even at least a couple others, even if he is alone or just has one other person by him. Some can take out his turrets easy, but some have some difficulty in doing so. Targeting priority on his turrets can also be a problem, but it might be too much of a nerf to his ult if they changed it.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 23 2010, 9:05 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Aug 23 2010, 10:40 pm poison_us Post #205

Back* from the grave

Alright, I'm pissed. I need a mouse to play LoL, because I tried to do the touchpad thing and its not working. My lappy runs it great, but meh. And every other game I've tried here in college requires ports that are blocked. FML.

My build for Nasus:
Summoner spells: Cleanse and Ignite
Meki Pendant, both pots (3 total)
Merc Treads (3)
[upgrade] Chalice of Harmony (3)
Rod of the Ages / Frozen Heart / Rylia's Crystal Scepter(4)
Hextech Revolver (5)
[upgrade] Hextech Gunblade-->move to first slot (5)
And by this time the game is usually over...
Force of Nature (6)

End-game, if I ever get to it, I would sell the chalice (after RotA you really don't need the regen...if you do, there are golem buffs), and exchange it for either Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil, depending on the type of damage I'm taking the most of.

This build focuses around Nasus' ultimate. The ultimate, with a total of 35% lifesteal and 13% spellvamp, does massive amounts of damage in teamfights and makes him really hard to kill. The most effective way to make Nasus useless in teamfights is to stun him, and that's why I get Cleanse. Any fighter or champion that relies as much as he does on spells and attacks to be viable in teamfights needs to be able to attack and cast. Merc treads follow those same lines, and the magic resist is more useful than Tabi's armor + dodge, because not many heroes want to fight Nasus...at least physically. I used to build Will of the Ancients instead of the Gunblade, but I figured out that the added AP, damage, lifesteal, spellvamp, and slow of gunblade is much better, albeit slightly more expensive.

The reason why I said the build focuses on his ultimate is obvious: AoE damage and bonus damage based on max HP (usually gets to 7-8% with all the AP), and a great amount of the damage done by Nasus gets returned to him as health. Cooldown reduction is very nice on him too...it allows his Siphoning Strike to be much more spammable in teamfights, and endgame adds at the very least 35 hp per hit, without factoring in the bonus from kills by it. Let's think about his ultimate's spellvamp: at 13%, and without factoring in AP, it grants .65 HP per second for every 100 HP the enemy has. Considering that most characters get 2k or more, and that in any teamfight where you want to win it's 5v5, then there is roughly 10k hp total. That's 65 HP per second added back to Nasus. If you're not hitting 300+ endgame as Nasus, you should reconsider your choice of champions. At 35% lifesteal, and 300+ damage, each swing gives 105 or more HP back to Nasus. Factor in his Spirit Fire, and he gets another 9.88 HP at least per second. This isn't even taking into consideration AP, buffs, creep that may be hit by spells, etc. Ignite is there because it deals decent damage and reduces healing ;)

You honestly cannot ignore a well-built Nasus and expect to win teamfights. He's as good at tanking as at least half of the tanks, and has spell power to back up the build I've been using. in a 1v1, theres only a couple characters that have the ability to consistently beat him, such as Jax (dodge), Warwick (lifesteal), [maybe] Dr. Mundo (regen), and Olaf (he's a hoss).

Alrighty, if you actually took the time to read even half of that I salute you. I'm bored so that's why I came back to SEN...

Aug 24 2010, 10:20 am DevliN Post #206

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Just found the Heimer changes from http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=218626
Heimerdinger
  • H-28G Evolution Turret: Maximum turrets changed to 1/2/2/2/2 from 1/2/2/3/3
  • H-28G Evolution Turret rank 4 now grants +100 bonus health to new turrets
  • Cooldown modified to 26/23/20/17/14 from 24/22/20/18/16
  • CH-1 Concussion Grenade no longer affects towers or buildings
  • CH-1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55

Aside from the turrets reduced from 3 to 2 and the grenade not affecting towers/buildings, it doesn't seem that bad. Ultimately it's a lower cooldown, and the Grenade does more damage (and typically it's a beast since I'm pushing 350+ Ability Power by the time I hit 18 anyway). Everyone is saying this is a huge nerf, though, so perhaps I'm misreading something.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2010, 11:51 am OlimarandLouie Post #207

Malphite
Unstoppable Force is now unstoppable and cannot be interrupted by disables
Haha.

Karthus
Requiem mana cost reduced to 150/175/200 from 200/300/400

Kassadin
Attack range increased to 125 from 120
Magic resistance gained per level increased to 1.25 from 0
Hurray. My two favorites have more buffs. ^^

Quote from DevliN
Heimerdinger
H-28G Evolution Turret: Maximum turrets changed to 1/2/2/2/2 from 1/2/2/3/3
H-28G Evolution Turret rank 4 now grants +100 bonus health to new turrets
Cooldown modified to 26/23/20/17/14 from 24/22/20/18/16
CH-1 Concussion Grenade no longer affects towers or buildings
CH-1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55

Aside from the turrets reduced from 3 to 2 and the grenade not affecting towers/buildings, it doesn't seem that bad. Ultimately it's a lower cooldown, and the Grenade does more damage (and typically it's a beast since I'm pushing 350+ Ability Power by the time I hit 18 anyway). Everyone is saying this is a huge nerf, though, so perhaps I'm misreading something.
Shen
Feint duration increased to 2.5 seconds from 1.5 seconds
Stand United no longer shields Shen
Shaco
Deceive
Cooldown increased to 11 from 10
Duration to 3.5 from 4 seconds
Hallucinate
Cooldown increased to 100/90/80 from 90/75/60
Duration reduced to 18 from 30

Guardian Angel no longer revives the clone although will apply the passive particle
Backstab (passive) bonus damage reduced to 20% from 25%
Two Shiv Poison no longer blinds the target
Jack In The Box will now break stealth upon cast
Perhaps these characters will not be banned as much anymore?

None.

Aug 24 2010, 6:57 pm DevliN Post #208

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The grenade only did 50% damage to towers, and I don't know anyone who used those on towers consistently considering dropping a turret next to one and just attacking regularly did more damage overall. Again, not seeing the huge nerf people complained about for Heimer on their forums. Maybe Heimer players are just pissed that they're losing a turret again (since the last nerf dropped it from 6 to 3, right?).

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2010, 7:17 pm shmeeps Post #209

The problem with the grenade was that it was not only the only ability that could hit towers, it could also outrange them. So you could have a 5v5 stalemate going on with Heimer just hacking away at the turrets life, while you couldn't go in without getting the grenade/missle/turret ult + rest of the other team combo.

Played Amumu and Udyr again today, haven't played them in the longest time. Both are broke as a joke. ^_^

None.

Aug 24 2010, 8:36 pm DevliN Post #210

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Just played Heimer after the "nerf." He still kicks ass. The bonus HP to turrets is great, and grenades do more damage. It's a beautiful thing.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 24 2010, 9:03 pm ShadowFlare Post #211

Nasus has one buff in the latest patch. Now Siphoning Strike can't be dodged.

None.

Aug 24 2010, 10:25 pm Riney Post #212

Thigh high affectionado

But Heimer cant rape towers which is a good thing ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 24 2010, 11:03 pm Alzarath Post #213

Praetor

I think they gotta compensate Heimy's previous nerfs and this 'nerf', if that's what it is, with a buff to his ultimate. Honestly, it's one of the most useless ultimates in the game, imo.

I do approve of the Kog'Maw buff (though that's biased, as I love using him), but his passive still needs a complete re-make. Having something that only helps me if I die is not cool, I don't plan on dieing often.

None.

Aug 25 2010, 3:08 am shmeeps Post #214

Quote from name:Artanis186
I think they gotta compensate Heimy's previous nerfs and this 'nerf', if that's what it is, with a buff to his ultimate. Honestly, it's one of the most useless ultimates in the game, imo.
I disagree, it's essentially an AoE Crowd control, since it can target multiple units. Not only that, but the turrets still pack a pretty nice punch, so getting caught in the middle of the ult will wreck your health bar as you try to run.

As far as ults needing re-works, Nunu's and Eve's should have a huge rework priority over every, especially Heimer. Even after that, Taric's and Sivr's just aren't that great, nor are Kat's, Warwick's or Malzahar, since all can be interrupted.

None.

Aug 25 2010, 4:03 am poison_us Post #215

Back* from the grave

Quote from ShadowFlare
Nasus has one buff in the latest patch. Now Siphoning Strike can't be dodged.
FUCK YEA. Now maybe Nasus could 1v1 a bad Jax.

Aug 25 2010, 6:13 am Lingie Post #216

All I know is that Shaco was nerfed, and that makes me a happy Lingie.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Aug 25 2010, 8:55 am DevliN Post #217

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from shmeeps
I disagree, it's essentially an AoE Crowd control, since it can target multiple units. Not only that, but the turrets still pack a pretty nice punch, so getting caught in the middle of the ult will wreck your health bar as you try to run.
Well sort of. It can attack multiple units in that it does have an AoE effect, but technically they still only fire at one target at a time. If you are fortunate enough to manage to get 2 down while you run, then this ult can be great. Otherwise, I actually agree that I see it as being pretty weak compared to most others. More often than not I find that I use my grenade to stun, drop a turret, fire my missile(s), and run. If need be, I can use my ult, but only to slow them while I wait a second or two for my grenade and missile again. I technically don't even need to use the ult since it seems that the most useful part is the passive cooldown reduction, but most heroes that have cooldown reduction get it for a non-ult spell.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 26 2010, 4:20 am Alzarath Post #218

Praetor

Why is it that every new champion they make anymore seems to be a champion that's annoying as all hell? Galio with his massively damaging skill-shots, and now the new guy with the hardly-dodgable AoE that basically gaurantees a shot with another one of his spells.

None.

Aug 26 2010, 7:41 am DevliN Post #219

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, I agree. I played 2 games against Urgot today, and his Ult is a huge pain in the ass. I can't tell you the amount of times he switches places with me and pulls me to a damn turret.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 26 2010, 1:59 pm poison_us Post #220

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Rammus
All I know is that Shaco was nerfed, and that makes me a happy Lingie.
Fixed a client crash that would occur when loading into the game with a key pressed down, which was commonly occurring when using third party applications such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak
How about now?

Why is it that every new champion they make anymore seems to be a champion that's annoying as all hell? Galio with his massively damaging skill-shots, and now the new guy with the hardly-dodgable AoE that basically gaurantees a shot with another one of his spells.
Wut? Can you link to the notes for him? I'm sorry but I've kinda gotten off the LoL bandwagon due to no mouse...and college...

EDIT: nvm, found him in the release notes, and I got a mouse.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 26 2010, 5:11 pm by Nasus.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 13127 >
  Back to forum